Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83710 times)

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #480 on: October 11, 2010, 06:42:28 AM »
And what's a hammer unit?
A unit of measurement in Valve's map editor (Hammer).  The game also measures velocity in hammer units, which you can toggle the display of with cl_showpos (1 = on, 0 = off).

The heavy with the GRU active runs at 299 units/s, 230 normal, and 110 while revved.  An engineer carrying a building moves at 225, slightly slower than a heavy.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #481 on: October 11, 2010, 06:23:39 PM »
I'm tryin to get my Kritzkrieg - I know it's an achievement reward, but I want it nooooooow and no one is cooperative/good enough to help a Medic out.

« Reply #482 on: October 11, 2010, 07:03:53 PM »
Bah I had a 12:6 kill ratio as a spy on PL, but then my isp deiced play times over. I hate Embarq.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #483 on: October 11, 2010, 07:11:44 PM »
I'm tryin to get my Kritzkrieg - I know it's an achievement reward, but I want it nooooooow and no one is cooperative/good enough to help a Medic out.
I probably have a spare one in my backpack, and even though playing with only a touchpad mouse is impossible, trading is no problem.

What's your steam name?  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #484 on: October 11, 2010, 07:32:22 PM »
Friend of mine is giving me his Bill's Hat 'cause he doesn't play TF2 very much.

<3<3

« Reply #485 on: October 11, 2010, 07:45:53 PM »
http://www.sourceop.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=65387#65387

Shameless self-advertisement, because I've got a disgusting amount of spare hats, and anyone I try to get an unusual from says "oh that's a pretty good offer but I only want other unusuals now if you'll excuse me I need to go bump my thread 25 more times and not get a single offer".

Edible

« Reply #486 on: October 11, 2010, 07:52:43 PM »
I'll give you a napper's respite for a white napper's respite ;_;

I want to be the creamsicle.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #487 on: October 11, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »
I probably have a spare one in my backpack, and even though playing with only a touchpad mouse is impossible, trading is no problem.

What's your steam name?  :derp:

Actually after I posted that I got on TF2 and went and got my Medic Milestone achievement with some badass Pyros, so now I have my Kritzkreig :D

Oh and my displayed name is Esifex. If you need my steam account name, lemme know.

Barrakketh

« Reply #488 on: October 11, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »
Bah I had a 12:6 kill ratio as a spy on PL, but then my isp deiced play times over. I hate Embarq.
Surely you mean 2:1, which doesn't look nearly as impressive.  Incidentally, Embarq (now CenturyLink) hasn't been giving me any problems lately :3

I crafted a Fez last night, haven't had much time on non-KOTH maps to play around with the set yet.  Stabbing people in the back has never been so much fun. 
Spoiler:
Shooting Razorback snipers in the back is even more rewarding, because fuck them.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #489 on: October 11, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »
Surely you mean 2:1, which doesn't look nearly as impressive.  Incidentally, Embarq (now CenturyLink) hasn't been giving me any problems lately :3

Yeah. I was just giving the real numbers 12 kills 6 deaths. I ensure all I'm a terrible player, I don't have much time because I have to use my brothers account or the internet gives out. w/e map I go to my ping is 90+ while everyone else is between 50-80 and disconnections are often.

http://www.sourceop.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=65387#65387

My brother is looking to trade for either your bill hat or the Glengarry bonnet.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:58:51 PM by Cadmas »

Barrakketh

« Reply #490 on: October 11, 2010, 10:17:20 PM »
or the internet gives out. w/e map I go to my ping is 90+ while everyone else is between 50-80 and disconnections are often.
There might be a bigger problem there, the game should be playable even with a ping around 100.  If your brother is using the Embarq-provided modem as a router he should consider getting a decent router to use along with it and let the Embarq equipment just work as a modem and not a router.

It's also possible that they are oversubscribed in your area...for a few months my internet would shit itself and I would get crazy high latency during certain hours (usually started around 6 a.m. and ended around 11, eventually it the problem would start later in the day and thus not last as long) until they upgraded their equipment.  I didn't have any issues until after the Embarq/CenturyTel merger, so it might have been a result of some changes on their end after that.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #491 on: October 11, 2010, 10:20:28 PM »
I traded my Fro for a Football Helmet and I am set for now.

Although I still have this white paint I'm hanging on to because I already have a white hat but I'm not sure if now would be the right time to trade it.

« Reply #492 on: October 11, 2010, 10:29:12 PM »

We use some other router we bought at walmart. Its called netgear. It seems like the internet has gotten
worse maybe due to the road workers, but we have been looking at getting the 13mbps cox connection.

Barrakketh

« Reply #493 on: October 11, 2010, 11:15:28 PM »
We use some other router we bought at walmart. Its called netgear. It seems like the internet has gotten
worse maybe due to the road workers
I actually had road workers cut my phone line two or three times during the process of getting the road I live on paved.  Needless to say things got worse :V

And NetGear is just a brand...unfortunately brand doesn't mean much when it comes to routers since every company has crappy products, and some formerly good products (like the Linksys WRT54G) get gimped in later product revisions.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #494 on: October 11, 2010, 11:32:38 PM »
I traded my Fro for a Football Helmet and I am set for now.

Although I still have this white paint I'm hanging on to because I already have a white hat but I'm not sure if now would be the right time to trade it.

Why? The football helmet sucks. :(

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

N-Forza

« Reply #495 on: October 11, 2010, 11:56:12 PM »
says you

Bananamatic

« Reply #496 on: October 11, 2010, 11:59:22 PM »
he won't do REAL SOVIET DAMAGE with a WEAK AMERICAN HELMET

« Reply #497 on: October 12, 2010, 12:00:23 AM »
Oh and my displayed name is Esifex. If you need my steam account name, lemme know.
I'll be adding you in a moment.  Current name on Steam is Caprice//T>hats for 2 refined, or something to that extent.

My brother is looking to trade for either your bill hat or the Glengarry bonnet.
Your brother should be looking to tell me what he'd trade for them. :getdown:

I'll give you a napper's respite for a white napper's respite ;_;

I want to be the creamsicle.
Forza has a white paint, mug him for it.

Why? The football helmet sucks. :(
Damn straight it does.

EDIT: Oh man I might be getting an Unusual Guadalajara with sunbeams.  I'm going to cream myself if everyone involved actually follows through on this.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:05:53 AM by Esoterica »

SAS

• The Worst Person In the World
  • I have a deathwish
« Reply #498 on: October 12, 2010, 12:17:44 AM »

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #499 on: October 12, 2010, 12:25:17 AM »
If anyone gets a noble hatter's violet, I'm going to have to heckle you for it.  :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #500 on: October 12, 2010, 12:39:38 AM »
I want to paint my gibus

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #501 on: October 12, 2010, 12:40:19 AM »
I'll be adding you in a moment.  Current name on Steam is Caprice//T>hats for 2 refined, or something to that extent.
Forza has a white paint, mug him for it.
Damn straight it does.

EDIT: Oh man I might be getting an Unusual Guadalajara with sunbeams.  I'm going to cream myself if everyone involved actually follows through on this.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you, any reason you dropped the SS from your name?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #502 on: October 12, 2010, 12:48:54 AM »

Hes got two refined metals and a vintage mining light, and that's all hes willing to part with.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:51:51 AM by Cadmas »

« Reply #503 on: October 12, 2010, 12:52:28 AM »
Oh, I've been meaning to ask you, any reason you dropped the SS from your name?
Too many people asking about it on tf2lobby, clan being inactive, switching to [db] for etf2l highlander tournament, etc.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #504 on: October 12, 2010, 01:29:58 AM »
Earlier when I tried to clean out my backpack, I crafted up some scrap metals and got a stack of three. Went to go turn it into a reclaimed metal and it told me the crafting server was unavailable and my metal poofed :C

I had to leave right after trying that so maybe it just glitched out temporarily and I still have it in my bags :ohdear:

« Reply #505 on: October 12, 2010, 01:33:22 AM »
Earlier when I tried to clean out my backpack, I crafted up some scrap metals and got a stack of three. Went to go turn it into a reclaimed metal and it told me the crafting server was unavailable and my metal poofed :C

I had to leave right after trying that so maybe it just glitched out temporarily and I still have it in my bags :ohdear:
Whenever that happens, you'll find it in a drop next time you die.

Bananamatic

« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2010, 01:42:32 AM »

Edible

« Reply #508 on: October 12, 2010, 03:20:19 AM »
Entire sniper polycount set GET

I now have every set except Soldier (which I dont really want anyway).

testing windows movie maker HD
oh god lol

N-Forza

« Reply #509 on: October 12, 2010, 04:17:52 AM »
Hey if you knew anyone who was trading anything better for an afro I would've been all ears.

All I know is there's no way I'd get a Hound Dog for it.