Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83715 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2010, 12:45:11 PM »
I have to use a fps config to get anything decent(above 35 in a gunfight)
i'm not a pixelfag so i don't mind

also trading tricorne for a pyro hat, preferably beanie

« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2010, 12:49:12 PM »
Attendant #2 GET

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »
someone just give me a hotrod or a ten-gallon ok

« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2010, 01:23:46 PM »
someone just give me a hotrod or a ten-gallon ok
Just traded my ten gallon for a hotrod, which I traded with a kabuto and yellow belt for my attendant :V

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2010, 03:40:05 PM »
Traded Demo's Fro for Brigade-helm. Fuck yeah!
( I don't even use Demoman.... )
I love the demoman, but the 'fro is pretty bad.  I still like the Glengarry Bonnet the best because it fits the demoman's look so well, but the Hustler's Hallmark is pretty nice.  Also, the hallmark should be painted violet.

Attendant #2 GET
Lucky bastard, but I'm waiting for the rumored crafting recipes for the Polycount hats.  People usually ask for way too much for the things.

Just traded my ten gallon for a hotrod, which I traded with a kabuto and yellow belt for my attendant :V
Eh, about half an hour ago I traded a Safe 'n' Sound for a Texas Ten Gallon.

FYI, you're a terrible person for getting rid of a Texas Ten Gallon. 
Spoiler:
I already have a Hotrod.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
So I gather nobody wants a VINTAGE STAINLESS POT? Not that I'd understand why somebody would want one in the first place...  :V

On another note, I should've taken two more things with me when I came here:

1. My new mouse instead of my old mouse. Not being able to rightclick sucks as Demo and Pyo.  :derp:
2. My mouse PAD. Neither the desk material nor anything I have with me yields a mouse result that makes proper aiming possible. I can shoot in people's general direction, but precision? Nah.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2010, 04:15:18 PM »
Before polycount update: Local server, 20 tf_bots, 40-60 fps
After polycount update: Local server, 11 tf_bots, 5-10 fps

AWESOME

quick edit: The fact I'm only running on my laptop battery with max screen brightness with 24% of my battery left probably has something to do with it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 04:17:38 PM by Gamecubic »

« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2010, 07:51:55 PM »
Lucky bastard, but I'm waiting for the rumored crafting recipes for the Polycount hats.  People usually ask for way too much for the things.
That's actually why I got #2 here; the e-mail my clanmate had posted (or saw, don't remember which) was photoshopped.

Though I found out after the trade that Valve apparently does plan to do that, I figure that even if I get screwed and it's 2 refined + token like the shopped e-mail said, I've already got at least one hat I like for each class, my favorites being included for everything but Scout (tosslecap for baker boy's a common trade anyway; I'll probably just craft a Milkman) and Engineer (R.I.P. Ten Gallon, you will be missed).

Before polycount update: Local server, 20 tf_bots, 40-60 fps
After polycount update: Local server, 11 tf_bots, 5-10 fps

AWESOME

quick edit: The fact I'm only running on my laptop battery with max screen brightness with 24% of my battery left probably has something to do with it.
Delete your tf folder (save stuff like maps or configs you want to keep), then start the game up and let it reinstall everything.  You should do that after every major update.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 07:53:31 PM by Esoterica »

« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2010, 12:39:34 AM »
How get? I'm too lazy to read. I guess they come out of the crates.

« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2010, 12:43:47 AM »
How get? I'm too lazy to read. I guess they come out of the crates.
Yep, crates.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #340 on: October 05, 2010, 03:01:25 AM »
I got the Heavy's Boxing hat and decided to play a few games just punching people in the face. I did surprisingly well as a boxing Heavy. Also, is it worth painting this?

« Reply #341 on: October 05, 2010, 03:06:05 AM »
[attach=1]

I'm not sure who found this more amusing; me, or the Milkman scout.

I got the Heavy's Boxing hat and decided to play a few games just punching people in the face. I did surprisingly well as a boxing Heavy. Also, is it worth painting this?
The stripe looks better in-game than it does on the icon from my experiences.  If you're iffy on it though, I'd wait to see if you find anything that it'd look better on.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2010, 03:54:49 AM »
I did it anyways. I didn't like the cap at first because I thought it looked kinda bland but the stripes makesme like it.

Barrakketh

« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2010, 06:11:40 AM »
In case it hadn't been linked, hat colors.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Menreiki

• I'll get your slippers; if you pet me.
  • No, really.
« Reply #344 on: October 05, 2010, 07:30:07 AM »
I just crafted The Milkman. It was quite a surprise.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #345 on: October 05, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »
I got the Heavy's Boxing hat and decided to play a few games just punching people in the face. I did surprisingly well as a boxing Heavy.

Get the GRU and a medic.  Hilarity abound.

« Reply #346 on: October 05, 2010, 02:01:26 PM »
Get the GRU and a medic.  Hilarity abound.
GRU has -50% damage on it though.

Edible

« Reply #347 on: October 05, 2010, 02:08:26 PM »

Irrelevant when you can taunt-kill! <_<

Anywho, I now have a frenchman's beret and I never play spy, either.  Bah.  At least I finally have a hat I like (safe n' sound).

« Reply #348 on: October 05, 2010, 02:46:43 PM »
tf2store.com

Greatest site ever.

« Reply #349 on: October 05, 2010, 04:26:57 PM »
tf2store.com
Finally got my GRU from there :V

Barrakketh

« Reply #350 on: October 05, 2010, 04:53:23 PM »
tf2store.com

Greatest site ever.
Oh, people there aren't morons who select every fucking thing in their backpack to screw up search results?

I haven't found them yet, but given how infrequently I actually punch things as a heavy (especially with the short spin-up time) I'd be willing to use them just for helping a medic build their uber when a demo/soldier won't.  If they're a bad medic that only heals the heavy then it'll be even more effective :V  Medics should be spreading the love, especially since it gets you those ubers/kritzes faster.

I've also been a bad person and taken to using Natascha more frequently as of late.  Aside from the fact that the MANN-conomy update has produced shitloads of scouts and kamikaze pyros heckling medics and engineers on open maps (the Shortstop seems to be pretty damned good at taking down buildings...much better than the pistol or scattergun at range), the number one thing that has been pissing me off is little bitches challenging you to a duel and keeping a pocket medic on their ass at all times to make sure they can run away.

Naturally, I'm not letting that happen - you engage, you stay until one of us dies :V

« Reply #351 on: October 05, 2010, 05:25:37 PM »
I didn't even know that Shortstop is basically a mini-shotgun, stupid me. Probably because it reloads so fast, it looks like it's got the same amount of ammo in a mag like in the scoot pistol.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:30:23 PM by T34G3 »

Barrakketh

« Reply #352 on: October 05, 2010, 05:37:06 PM »
I didn't even know that Shortstop is basically a mini-shotgun, stupid me. Probably because it reloads so fast, it looks like it's got the same amount of ammo in a mag like in the scoot pistol.
Four shots, four pellets per shot, and it's break-action like the FaN.  It also shares the same ammo pool as the pistol.  It has a very tight spread on the pellets so you don't have to try going for meatshots like you do with the scout's other primaries.

I'm not sure whether it reloads the same way as the FaN (if you only shoot one shot with the FaN and reload it takes two shells from your reserve).

Edible

« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2010, 05:56:21 PM »
Shortstop is ridiculous.

Mad Milk is more ridiculous.

Together, they are super-ridiculous.

Bananamatic

« Reply #354 on: October 05, 2010, 05:59:27 PM »
you forgot the hat
pistolshotgunmedic scouts with 150 hp

« Reply #355 on: October 05, 2010, 07:15:05 PM »
Seems we haven't gotten an item drop since after the day of the update. This is unfortunate.

« Reply #356 on: October 05, 2010, 07:49:38 PM »
Shortstop is ridiculous.

Mad Milk is more ridiculous.

Together, they are super-ridiculous.
Scout set's gonna get nerfed about as quickly as Pyro can change weapons.

Seems we haven't gotten an item drop since after the day of the update. This is unfortunate.
The item limit resets every Wednesday night/Thursday morning.  I myself found 21 items post-update.

Bananamatic

« Reply #357 on: October 05, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »
21? Mine is kind off...less :derp:

« Reply #358 on: October 05, 2010, 07:56:30 PM »
21? Mine is kind off...less :derp:
Yeah, it's usually like, 3-6 for me.

But half of those were Degreasers and Crates, so yeah. :derp:

Barrakketh

« Reply #359 on: October 05, 2010, 07:57:39 PM »
Scout set's gonna get nerfed about as quickly as Pyro can change weapons.
The item limit resets every Wednesday night/Thursday morning.  I myself found 21 items post-update.
Do you never play or something?  Excluding gifts, crates (only found 1, supposedly on a separate timer), and the Cheater's Lament I only found 7 items.