Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 100721 times)

Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #930 on: May 13, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »
Deity Link is fooling around again

Does this mean the SDM map was fully completed? I've been very much out of the loop thanks to Monster Hunter. <.<

dustyjo

« Reply #931 on: May 13, 2010, 09:12:18 AM »
It looks kind of crap, to be honest...

« Reply #932 on: May 13, 2010, 12:41:18 PM »
More crafting changes that fucked me over since I crafted stuff it affected mere days beforehand.

Bananamatic

« Reply #933 on: May 13, 2010, 04:08:36 PM »

first random hat

master's belt

ugh

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #934 on: May 13, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »
EDIT 2: New recipes like Kritzkrieg and Bonk! make Crit-a-Cola and Targe and Razorback make Gunboats
Excellent.

Having not-purely-aesthetic items that can not be gotten without pure luck is not fun. Now I'll soon be able to craft sandmen into a scout token and heavy-snacks into a slot-2-token to craft a spare bonk which I can then craft with a spare kritzkrieg for a cola.

A little inconvenient, but it is possible. \o/
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #935 on: May 13, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »
Crafting has now become a Horadric cube.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #936 on: May 13, 2010, 04:35:34 PM »
So what do you hace to craft together to get to TF2's secret cow level?

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #937 on: May 13, 2010, 04:49:59 PM »

3 hats and a community weapon.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #938 on: May 14, 2010, 12:08:02 AM »
first random hat

master's belt

ugh
divine retribution

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #939 on: May 14, 2010, 03:45:12 AM »
I'm better at ninjaneer in arena than pyro now  :fail:

« Reply #940 on: May 14, 2010, 03:48:02 AM »
I'm better at ninjaneer in arena than pyro now  :fail:
Still doing my best with Pyro despite what the numbers would say.

Got a point-blank reflect headshot today among other things (killstealing on offblast by airshotting someone falling off the side with a reflected rocket, for example) :V

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #941 on: May 14, 2010, 03:49:23 AM »
airblast killing on offblast/nucleus is pretty much the best thing ever. It's so effective.

« Reply #942 on: May 14, 2010, 04:13:27 AM »
airblast killing on offblast/nucleus is pretty much the best thing ever. It's so effective.
Unfortunately the people at SourceOP know how to airstrafe, so unless I've got a backup airblaster/flare gunner/rocketeer they land back on the ledge nine times out of ten.

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #943 on: May 14, 2010, 04:24:56 AM »
Yeah, SourceOP arena's pretty rough when the good players are on. Think I ran into you on sourceOP earlier today when I was screwing around.

Valve needs to stop trolling us through the TF2 blog and release the engineer update already.  :(

« Reply #944 on: May 14, 2010, 04:37:21 AM »
Yeah, SourceOP arena's pretty rough when the good players are on. Think I ran into you on sourceOP earlier today when I was screwing around.

Valve needs to stop trolling us through the TF2 blog and release the engineer update already.  :(
Have you seen Ghost yet?  If you do, try to convince him to play scout or sniper.  He plays  revolver spy because everything else "is too easy" :V

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #945 on: May 14, 2010, 05:52:20 AM »
Have you seen Ghost yet?  If you do, try to convince him to play scout or sniper.  He plays  revolver spy because everything else "is too easy" :V
The name is familiar, but he usually played Soldier before I took my extended break.  He's also one of the whiniest people I've ever played with and rages all the time whenever someone fucks up.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Bananamatic

« Reply #946 on: May 14, 2010, 06:21:08 AM »
sourceop doesn't seem all that high level to me...it's probably the average pub player being even worse.

anyways, is there any way to improve my ping from 160 on there? the airblast has a significant delay

« Reply #947 on: May 14, 2010, 12:15:37 PM »
The name is familiar, but he usually played Soldier before I took my extended break.  He's also one of the whiniest people I've ever played with and rages all the time whenever someone fucks up.
Yeah, that's not Ghost.  I've never seen him whine about anything; even when he's stuck on the shitty team he laughs it off.

sourceop doesn't seem all that high level to me...it's probably the average pub player being even worse.

anyways, is there any way to improve my ping from 160 on there? the airblast has a significant delay
Depends on when you get on and which server you go to.  For example, the arena server's probably filled with crap pub players 70% of the day, and the other 30% it's both pubstars and members from clans Stalwart Soldiers and Crazy Ivan.

As for the ping...

cl_updaterate +30
cl_cmdrate 66
rate 60000

Something like that.

Bananamatic

« Reply #948 on: May 14, 2010, 12:26:30 PM »
As for the ping...

cl_updaterate +30
cl_cmdrate 66
rate 60000

Something like that.
Does that change anything about the fact that the server is probably US based and I'm from Europe?

anyways, gotta start playing there some more

Also, playing on the bad team can be more fun...as long as the medic isn't deaf and blind

« Reply #949 on: May 14, 2010, 12:34:16 PM »
Does that change anything about the fact that the server is probably US based and I'm from Europe?

anyways, gotta start playing there some more

Also, playing on the bad team can be more fun...as long as the medic isn't deaf and blind
Austin, Texas based specifically. :V  I don't really understand specifically what it does, but it'll smooth out the game significantly on your end.

Bananamatic

« Reply #950 on: May 14, 2010, 12:35:02 PM »
Austin, Texas based specifically. :V  I don't really understand specifically what it does, but it'll smooth out the game significantly on your end.

yeah, I airblasted half a second earlier and the demo just spontaneously blew up :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #951 on: May 14, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »
played on sourceop

got a second random hat in 2 days(demo afro)
got 2 sentry rocket deflect kills
won a round with a deflect(1v1)

rockets seem perfectly airblastable if I get used to the delay

« Reply #952 on: May 14, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »
Nothing, you just need to know where to look. :V

« Reply #953 on: May 15, 2010, 12:55:57 AM »
If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret.

EDIT: Derp forgot my previous post.  Apparently I can't delete my own posts in this board either :c

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #954 on: May 15, 2010, 02:56:07 AM »
Have the sign-ups for that highlander tourney opened up yet?
Btw, how do you make skins?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #955 on: May 15, 2010, 04:03:09 AM »
Have the sign-ups for that highlander tourney opened up yet?
Btw, how do you make skins?
They have not.

Skins themselves are as simple as editing the material files for whatever it is you're skinning and recompiling them into the format the game uses.  Modeling's more complicated and I really couldn't help you with that.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #956 on: May 15, 2010, 01:22:31 PM »
They have not.

Skins themselves are as simple as editing the material files for whatever it is you're skinning and recompiling them into the format the game uses.  Modeling's more complicated and I really couldn't help you with that.

Ah well, I was hoping to make Okami skins, but I guess thats a no go. The pyro still has a leafblower where his Flamethrower should be right? Haven't played the game in a few weeks.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #957 on: May 15, 2010, 10:17:12 PM »
ARENA_NUCLEUS

SCOUT ONLY

FINAL DESTINATION

« Reply #958 on: May 16, 2010, 12:36:30 AM »
Hmm. DIdn't realize that those medals depended on when you joined steam, rather than when you bought TF2. I've got a Silver Medal despite the fact that I only bought TF2 around November/December '09. Joined Steam on July '08. I'm not complaining though  :V

dustyjo

« Reply #959 on: May 16, 2010, 03:24:26 AM »
Hmm. DIdn't realize that those medals depended on when you joined steam, rather than when you bought TF2.

Uh no they don't :\

I joined steam back in '05 but my medal says September 2007.