Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 9 - RIP League of Cleavers  (Read 171192 times)

Zero Izayoi

• DJ Amish, the Touhou DJ
  • Poet and daredevil, among other things... (x.o)
    • Floating Cactus
Re: League of Legends Thread 9 - RIP League of Cleavers
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2012, 06:41:49 AM »
I WAS NOT AWARE THAT THERE WAS A SIZEABLE LoL COMMUNITY HERE! WHERE DO I SIGN?

Anyone's free to add me, I'm Zero Izayoi on NA. I'm only Lv13, but I play a shitton of 25-30 games due to my veteran friends, and can hold my own quite nicely. I usually play Tank/Support Shen, AD/Tank Kayle, or AD Tristanna/Miss Fortune (they're basically the same XD).
Uh, what is this thread about? o_o
well it was simply quoting from The Book of Trolls but then Edible posted a Nick Cage mecha and it all went downhill from there

I yearn to fix this break in what never existed; to reclaim my reality, even though it isn't real...

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2012, 07:12:03 AM »
Support Vi is so legit right Ryuu? :V

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2012, 07:19:13 AM »
so support vi

DON'T DO IT PLEASE OMG I AM SO SORRY
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:21:19 AM by Ryuu »

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2012, 08:20:18 AM »
i would do it except i have a critical lack of vi

which is slowly murdering me ;W;

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »
Just entered the 1,400 ELO zone. [Specifically 1418 with a 9W 4L record.]

Time to work up even higher to gold!

Also 3 Amumu games 3 Amumu wins. Amumu is OP and free ELO.

Bonus points because I said 'Don't ban Amumu we have firstpick and I main Amumu'. Que firstpick picking Amumu and wanting Zyra which I also have. Dat feel when that happens in SoloQ

Especially when Zyra + Amumu is basically instawin every teamfight.

Especially when you throw an Alistar in there too.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:15:26 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »
Just checking in, in response to this giveaway!

I have contest entries from the following summoner names: ArashiKurobara, Esifex, Firestorm69, Fizzleboom, Jam Kiske, Leothbious, PureamLance, RyuuMasken, Taterbox, Theshim

If you don't see your summoner name on this list, it means I didn't get your entry or something went wrong (in which case i've sent you a PM).  There's still a few days until winners are drawn, however!  If I'm on your friends list (Garlyle Wilds), you can still enter and win!

Also since the limit is 3 gifts per day, I'll do the three standard winners on christmas eve, and the grand prize winner on christmas day.  Just to increase the suspense!

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »
Hippalus talks new pricing model!
I like.  :3

Also goddamn why does everyone run/shift/dash/flash/whatever out of my lulu ult range? Furthermore, when I bait the enemy team, they initiate on me and I make a counter-initiate with ult and summoner spells, KILL THEM. DON'T RUN AWAY.

God...  :fail:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2012, 08:35:43 PM »
Also goddamn why does everyone run/shift/dash/flash/whatever out of my lulu ult range? Furthermore, when I bait the enemy team, they initiate on me and I make a counter-initiate with ult and summoner spells, KILL THEM. DON'T RUN AWAY.

I know that feel, bro

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »
I like.  :3

Ah solo queue with a support at low ELO, many of us know this feeling all too well.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2012, 09:18:08 PM »
Ah solo queue with a support at low ELO, many of us know this feeling all too well.
Actually duo queue with a guy who friended me after a game last weekend and invited me several times into games during his week. He'd been trash-talking both his enemies and his own team quite a bit even when I told him to tone it down, so I actually unfriended him an hour ago.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »
Hippalus talks new pricing model!

Sounds good for me considering I've slowed my gameplay next to zero and still have 50+ champs to unlock.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2012, 10:15:23 PM »
I'm just glad Ez finally got a price reduction. A lot of newer people got it before him.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2012, 12:17:14 AM »
aw man low level games can be fun as hell

me as ali and my brother as riven go bot against ezreal and support TF

at first we get harassed almost to death at level 1 but we chug some pots and wait it out until we hit level 2. then we went all in and dunked them both. again and again and again :V

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2012, 12:53:29 AM »
Btw, has anyone tried getting a Vi to ult a Vi who's ulting a Shurelia-using Yi(Rammus works to I think.)

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2012, 02:06:01 AM »
Just watched a 1/8 nocturne get baron then last second ult to the enemy alistar in mid to feed another kill.

I see some shit in my brother's games.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2012, 03:30:09 AM »
OK so here's a question I haven't figured out.  Why is it that certain champions are "supposed" to be top/mid/bottom? Like my logic was you just want to divide up as evenly as possible (I'm still low level so no one really does this "jungle" thing nor do I really get what that's about) and as long as you don't start with one lane with like 3 or 4 people it doesn't really matter...?

Except somehow it does!  How do ~the powers that be~ decide these things?
I don't understand how this works at all :fail:

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2012, 03:32:28 AM »
Finally Alistar getting buffed back to his former glory

aaaand Eve and Riven nerf i knew it

gotta nerf ALL my champs

OK so here's a question I haven't figured out.  Why is it that certain champions are "supposed" to be top/mid/bottom? Like my logic was you just want to divide up as evenly as possible (I'm still low level so no one really does this "jungle" thing nor do I really get what that's about) and as long as you don't start with one lane with like 3 or 4 people it doesn't really matter...?

When you share a lane with another person, you split the exp and gold of the lane minions, so solo lanes will get more gold and more levels much faster than those with more than one person.

Here's a general breakdown of the lane "meta"
Because midlane is the shortest, it gets the most minions in the same amount of time, and it's easier to escape if you get ganked because the lane is short, so fragile spellcaster champs who need levels to deal damage with their skills and want to stay safe from junglers are best fit for that lane.
Top lane is long in comparison, so you want someone who is tanky and/or can escape. Also when it comes to teamfight time, you generally want them to be your tank, although sometimes the jungler can fit that role.
Bottom lane is where the AD carry and support go, because AD carries scale better with items than levels and are usually pretty weak and easy to kill at low levels, they can take the trade off of losing some exp for having the assist of a support who will ward their lane from junglers and try to make sure the AD carry can fufill their role in the mid/lategame. The reason why the duo takes bot as opposed to top is so if you can kill your opponent, you have free access to do dragon with 4 people (ad carry, support, jungler, mid), as opposed to just 3 people (tank, jungler, mid).
Finally the jungler takes advantage of all the gold and experience that is sitting around in the jungle by farming off the jungle camps instead of normal minions. Since they move around a lot and after clearing all their camps they have to wait for them to respawn, they generally have access to more of the map so they are incharge of ganking lanes, capturing objectives like the dragon, protecting lanes when someone has to go back or dies, and other things like that.

However this is just the 'meta' because it gives the most bang for buck in theory ie. both sides have the same skill and can farm equally well. In the long run team compositions who run this meta will beat those who don't. It doesn't mean other things like 2 top 2 bot 1 mid or even 5 mid can't work, but generally they all have large weaknesses that can be exploited by an experienced player. For instance if you try 5 mid, you can easily counter it by having your tank protect your mid turret while your other teammates freely farm the side lanes. When you hit midgame, the 5 man team will be extremely underleveled and underfarms because they all had to share what would have normally went to just one guy. Also any comp that has no jungler loses out on all the jungle gold, objectives, and also from having the threat of jungle ganks.

Also it's possible to use the meta to your advantage and play off it. For instance lane swaps have been popular lately in high level tournaments where the AD carry + support go top lane first, destroy the poor top lane who had to go solo while picking thier own "top laner" to be a champ who can survive under 2v1 conditions, and then after taking the top tower down they switch back to normal.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:46:39 AM by Suikama »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2012, 03:47:39 AM »

From what I've gathered from experience and previous threads:

1. Mid is often AP because it's a short run back to tower if they get ganked, AND it's easier to gank FROM mid at a moments notice (at post-6 phase, anyway).
2. Bot is support+ADR because... actually, heck if I know. Probably something to do with warding the dragon, one of the earlier objectives.
3. Top is bruiser/off-tank. I'm not sure how that's relevant to how it's supposed to be the most isolated lane, given that Baron Nashor is a late-game objective, but there you have it. IIRC this is the most flexible lane for champ choices, as you can even send AP champs there.
4. Junglers are there to secure buffs from the enemy team, passively ensure that the top lane gets more EXP, and hopefully, gank an overextended lane. That's why champs like Rammus, Skarner, Alistar, Warwick and Lee Sin are often picked for this role; they have stuff in their kit to lock champs in place long enough to secure a kill.

EDIT:
Another possible reason APs go mid is because their spells scale really well. With or without a jungle, they'll always be ahead in the resource AND damage curve (except perhaps for the support+adr bot in terms of cs, since harassment is key in mid)

also see below
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:05:05 AM by AAAAAAAAAAAAB »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2012, 03:53:53 AM »

Allow me to explain as best as possible: (And possibly fail at it, because there are parts I don't fully understand myself)

So as you've stated, you've got the three lanes that are top, mid and bot. You've also got the standard team composition setup: Tank, melee fighter, AP carry, AD carry and support. In order to have a game go as smoothly as possible for your team, these roles must be properly divided in order to give each role the proper advantage it deserves. The carries need kills to thrive late-game, so naturally the setup of the team has to be put together so these two characters can get the best chances at being fed. This leads to the AD carry being set up with the support in bottom lane, though I believe the only reason why they specifically get bot lane instead of top lane or mid is because the will of the gods demands it. I need to read into the exact reasons myself, really, but bear with me, because there is some method behind my madness.  :V

Now this leaves the AP carry to go somewhere to get proper-fed. I can't recall the exact reasoning behind it, but I do believe the mid lane is the optimum choice due to the fact that the minions meet in the middle of mid lane faster than they do with top or bottom, which allows a lot of creep kills for the champs in those lanes, and AP carries don't need to be babysat like AD carries, nor do they wreck quite as hard late-game due to their main source of damage being spells. AP carries are good for single-target bursts and stuns and stuff, whereas AD carries just auto-attack their targets to death. Ultimately, AP carries get mid for that reason. I think.

That just leaves top lane for the tanks and fighters. Higher up in the levels, you get people who start jungling, but such is an adaptable role, and either of the two roles can take it on. In fact, to be fair, top lane seems to be the most flexible, as it seems that it takes on any misfits within your team. Have a Teemo, but your AD and AP carries are already set? He can take down most melee foes in top lane due to his blind darts. Got an extra AP carry for some ridiculous reason? Send 'em top and let them fire off all sorts of spells. I dunno, do whatever in top lane! Go wild!  :V

Yeah, so as you can see, I don't fully understand the whole meta-lane setup myself, so take my explanations with a grain of salt. Overall, just remember that AD carries go with supports in order to get fed, and AP carries go mid because they can cook up their own meals.

EDIT: Listen to the other guys. They know what they're talking about.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2012, 04:21:55 AM »
it's time to play

~*~*~WHO'S LISTENED TO RYUU THE PAST NINE THREADS~*~*~

ctrl-f "dragon"

SUIKAMA WIIIINNNNNSSSSSS listen to him it's mostly right enough

at low level play the meta doesn't really matter much. people are usually poopy at farming and tunnel vision on their own lanes so you can generally play whatever and do relatively fine.

man i should pick up jungle again but they are nerfing riven on the pbe fml

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2012, 04:36:52 AM »
riiibbbbbbbbbbiiinnnnn

riot pls

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2012, 05:02:02 AM »
The ult nerf is frankly deserved and a hell of a long time coming.

but holy hell that hp5 nerf :( makes me glad I don't play her that much anymore

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2012, 06:25:10 AM »
How does the game pick who gets first ban and pick in LoL ranked?

I've only gotten first pick like twice.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2012, 06:30:20 AM »
Its arraigned by highest elo, but even then those elos can only be a few points different.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2012, 06:43:07 AM »
Also throwing out a reminder to:

Fizzleboom (Cadmas)
Garlyle Wilds (Garlyle)
Jam Kiske (Jam)
Ryuumasken (Ryuu)
taterbox (triangles)
Tetran (Firestorm)
ArashiKurobara (Arashi)
PureamLance

that you have until end of Sunday, Dec 23rd, to write up a story about a champion you want gifted to you in the context of Snowdown. If the last 2 turn out not to be giftable due to Gifting Center shenanigans, I'll Paypal you $10 instead. Don't think I can't make all of you winners, because I can if you give honest efforts.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2012, 06:47:01 AM »
I think it would have been more cost efficient to beg for change on the streets to pay for the champion in the time it took me to write this (oh god fanfiction how did I get here I am bad at words) but without further ado....

~~~~~
'Twas the night before Snowdown, and all through the land
Veigar was off scheming, cackling as he planned.
While everyone was merry, their guards would be down
With lights and festivities enveloping the town.

To bring fear and destruction was his standard M.O.
But how would he get through the ice and the snow?
"I've got it!" he shouted, and stopped for a pause.
"To infiltrate them, I'll become Santa Claus!"

He'll sneak down the chimneys, no doors to unlock
Look around every room and begin to take stock
Of traces of alertness and when there's no sign,
"All of the presents in Bandle City will be mine!"

He then leaped to action, ahead on his way
To gather the supplies for mischief and dismay
But in his wake a small creature was there
It was Pix!  Lucky for us, he heard the whole affair!

He flurried off quickly, knowing what he must do
Without slowing down, until his friend was in view
"Lulu, Veigar's going to steal every last present!"
She chuckled, "Don't worry Pix, we'll make him repent!"

Lulu rushed into action, but she needed some aid
But would the other yordles be easily swayed?
"Of course they will, it's the season of good cheer"
And before long, she had her volunteers.

A team was assembled, a plan was devised
Utilizing the skills of all those pint-sized
Kennen was on lookout, hidden in the night
He signaled the rest when it was time to fight.

The first out was Poppy, she went door-to-door to guide
The citizens of Bandle City to safe places to hide
Teemo advanced swiftly, rappelling up high
To place his mushrooms on the rooftops and standby

Tristana and Ziggs too were ready and primed
With who knows how much ammunition the two of them combined
And who else but Lulu would be leading the way
Riding tandem on Corki's fighting not-a-sleigh

And just before midnight on Snowdown's Eve
Veigar touched down on a roof, ready to thieve
His usual robe swapped for a crimson affair
To disguise his malice with a seasonal flair

When Veigar made his way to the chimney he finds
Swarms of poison mushrooms scattered like mines!
He had not been deterred as he slows to a crawl
And chuckled to himself "psh is that all?"

Then with a great swoosh but what should appear?
It's Corki's airplane charging forth in first gear!
As it made the approach Veigar readied his staff
To summon Dark Matter to strike on his behalf.

"Surrender!" He cried to our valiant crew
"By the time you reach me, you and your friends are through!"
Lulu quickly cast a spell as their opposing magics twirl
She used her polymorph and POOF!  He's a squirrel.

Lulu's whimsical powers continued without fail
And imprisoned Veigar in a candy cane jail
"Curses!" he squeaked as best as he could
"How could the master of evil be foiled by good?"

Tristana and Ziggs, when the townsfolk was all right
Shot off fireworks instead of bombs to everyone's delight!
All the yordles rejoiced, the sky was aglow
Snowdown was saved thanks to Lulu and co!
~~~

edit: hahaha Kiro made his reminder post literally as I was running this through the reply box spellcheck since I typed it in Notepad :V
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 06:49:05 AM by triangels we have heard on high »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2012, 06:52:22 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o