Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 808031 times)

Spoiler:
That was a pretty awesome cape!

Drake

Spoiler:
Yeah that much is pretty obvious, even supposing it will never be explicitly said anywhere

Also, confirmed random slot roflllllllll get wrecked hopefuls

To copy from last page:
Spoiler:
宇佐見菫子 Usami Sumireko.
念力「サイコプロージョン」 (Psychokinesis "Psychoplosion")
念力 「テレキネシス 不法投棄 」 (Psychokinesis "Telekinesis - Unlawful Dumping")
「現し世のオカルティシャン」 ("Present-World Occultist")
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:32:26 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Spoiler:
Yeah that much is pretty obvious, even supposing it will never be explicitly said anywhere

Also, confirmed random slot roflllllllll get wrecked hopefuls

Spoiler:
She looks like your average witch, but her ability rolls around telekinesis or mind power(Esper?). The ending can't be shown for now, so it'll be something to look forward to later. Though 5 stages is a bit short....
And it'll probably be made more clear in her final story mode anyway.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Okay, were it not for the awesome final stage and theme, this is pretty much an all-around disappointment for me  :ohdear:

Giratina93

• The Great Titan of a Lost Realm
  • Behold, the Dark Lord of Distortion sees all
Spoiler:
SO wait... if that's Renko in the FABULOUS cape and magical powers... then what the heck happened to Maribel? Hopefully translations of the text can reveal a bit of that  :V

And random battler: Destroyer of dreams and hopes. 
Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?

Drake

Spoiler:
It isn't Renko. Reminder that Gensokyo matches with the present day, while Sealing Club is in the future
Spoiler:
really liking sumireko's theme

Spoiler:
volcano kick jesus christ
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:39:51 AM by Drake »

Spoiler:
It isn't Renko. Reminder that Gensokyo matches with the present day, while Sealing Club is in the future

Spoiler:
She's probably her mother or older sister. Kind of hoping for mother, we already have plenty of sisters

Drake

Spoiler:
Sumireko's title says she's the first president of the Sealing Club. Oh baby.

Also, the inside of her cape is covered in runes.

Link to the current stream please?  Can't seem to find it.

Spoiler:
Sumireko's title says she's the first president of the Sealing Club. Oh baby.

Also, the inside of her cape is covered in runes.

Spoiler:
And the design makes more sense knowing that's what it's supposed to be.  The whole thing was shining brightly during the fight.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
Anyone got a pic of the new character yet?

zero_breaker

• Is chuuni before 2nd year
  • Must... resist... procrastination...
Anyone got a pic of the new character yet?
Just a quick screencap

Spoiler:
[This is a really interesting development. I wonder if that means more stories about them are on the horizon.]

Link to the current stream please?  Can't seem to find it.
Just refresh this page again and again.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/search?keyword=深秘録
The stream is only 30 minutes each time, so you have to look for them frequently.

Well, I have my fill to satisfy the hype, next is waiting for Byakuren and the others.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:23:27 AM by monhan »

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Spoiler:
Cool, she's holding Zener cards which go with her psychic/ESP theme.

Just refresh this page again and again.http://.ive.nicovideo.jp/search?keyword=深秘録
The stream is only 30 minutes each time, so you have to look for them frequently.

Well, I have my fill to satisfy the hype, next is waiting for Byakuren and the others.
Thank you! 

On a sidenote, someone in 4chan is posting pictures of LoLK's character select. 

Spoiler:
sadly I've to say that it feels like Zun's artstyle's quality is slightly decreasing with Reimu.  Marisa looks cute though!

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
http://imgur.com/qUE76fe

Thank you~
Spoiler:
Is that perhaps a new member of the Sealing Club?

Spoiler:
I actually realized that some of the runes on her cloak resemble the ones in SaGa Frontier.  Couldn't name individual ones that match up, but they do look familiar.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
Spoiler:
宇佐見菫子 Usami Sumireko.
念力「サイコプロージョン」 (Psychokinesis "Psychoplosion")
念力 「テレキネシス 不法投棄 」 (Psychokinesis "Telekinesis - Unlawful Dumping")
「現し世のオカルティシャン」 ("Present-World Occultist")

Guys, about all that...

Spoiler:
I ran the name of our "final boss" through a translator, and as I suspected, her first name means "violet child". That's going to throw up serious Renko x Maribel signs all over the place, since it could be speculated that this girl could maybe be from the future and is the future kid of Renko and Maribel. And the fact that she's the first president of the Sealing Club could just be her(knowingly or not) creating a Stable Time Loop, laying the tracks for Renko and Maribel in the future by forming the club in the first place...

It's only something that I'm throwing out there, and if the dialogue contradicts it, I won't be surprised. Still, until that point...

Also, she has skulls floating around her, which does not help(it is said somewhere that the Sealing Club is a group of necromancers), so there's that.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Spoiler:
more likely she's just violet because it's a yukari allusion
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:52:43 AM by huh what »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Spoiler:
To be honest, I wasn't expecting a traditional Western-style occultist as the new character, despite this game being about the occult in general, neither did I expect the Sealing Club to be related to this somehow. So does that mean that there was a Sealing Club before Renko and Maribel formed it in their time, or did they get inspired by Sumireko, or... damn, this is a bit of a twist on what I figured would be the case in all of this.

Still, a psychic/occultist, this is a pretty interesting addition. I'm interested in seeing what the translated story will be. Sadly not watching the stream at the moment, but still, I'm interesting in seeing what this is about.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Spoiler:
I actually realized that some of the runes on her cloak resemble the ones in SaGa Frontier.  Couldn't name individual ones that match up, but they do look familiar.

Spoiler:
Which ones? They mostly look like Celtic runes to me. Also, I spy a hexagram or Star of David. Combined with the Zener cards I mentioned earlier and that she uses ESP, Sumireko appears to have a Western feel to her (despite the name). Fits rather well with Maribel, don't you think?

Spoiler:
Which ones? They mostly look like Celtic runes to me. Also, I spy a hexagram or Star of David. Combined with the Zener cards I mentioned earlier and that she uses ESP, Sumireko appears to have a Western feel to her (despite the name). Fits rather well with Maribel, don't you think?

Spoiler:
I can't say for sure, since I just recognize them but don't know what they mean...that and I usually do the Arcane quest in SaGa Frontier instead.  But it wouldn't surprise me if they were Celtic runes.

A western theme like Maribel would fit really well...she already shares a surname with Renko, this makes her connect to the other Sealing Club member we knew of before her!

Spoiler:
I'm sure someone's going to upload the stream to YouTube sooner than we all think...

Wow, her cape completely one ups Miko's. I'm sorry crown prince you're still cool

Spoiler:
From the look of the city background, does the final stage take place in the outside world?

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
Spoiler:
Another thing that I noticed... The stage that you meet her at... Those are tall buildings and streets, right?

The final stage is in the Outside World! Meaning that there's going to be a danmaku fight in the outside world!

This is actually bigger than it sounds, because it means that if anyone notices the danmaku fight(and given the nature of such fights, who wouldn't?), that would kind of let people know that people and fights like this are a thing(broken masquerade, anyone?), presuming that people don't already know this already(maybe the government knows and will cover it up or something?). Think about it for a minute...

Edit: Gah! I've been ninja'd!
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

at most it would be forgotten about and cause an urban legend

HENCE THE NAME

Spoiler:
From what little I understand, Kasen managed to break the Hakurei Barrier in ULiL. So Usami is probably fought in the outside world. LoLK is what happens after Kasen screwed everything up.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I missed it the first time because I thought it was another skull, but the object to her left seems to be a crystal ball.

She's likely wearing a magician's cape too.