Author Topic: ITC we endorse child labor (Capitalism HO!)  (Read 17843 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: ITC we endorse child labor (Capitalism HO!)
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2010, 09:13:36 PM »
I want to like Nagi, but Tielle murders everything so much faster, and Nagi even has better gear.  wat do :(

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2010, 09:29:55 PM »
I want to like Nagi, but Tielle murders everything so much faster, and Nagi even has better gear.  wat do :(

I find Tielle is a bit boring. I also like Nagi's dash. I think Nagi can kill most bosses faster given equal equipment though. 30/50f boss in obsidian tower is definately more difficult with Tielle too. I imagine the midish (I forget the exact floor) in the azur eplace would suck for Tielle too. You don't want to get close to that one, and like all the other final bosses (even though she's not final), she only takes 2 hits at a time before becoming temporarily invincible due to a knockdown. So shotgunning her with 5 arrows wont really mean much...Of course, neither will nagi's op rapid spear thrust move.

Sucks how nagi moves so damn slow when she's not dashing though...

edit:
I'm using Charme to speed thru old content in an effort fo farm furballs, honey (day 120, and I currently only have 7 so far without spending any yet. blaargh), insect traps, and such... She's really growing on me, her speed is very nice, she can just zoom past anything you don't feel like fighting. and if you DO feel life fighting something, she's also capable of killing them pretty fast. I thought her use against bosses would be poor though, but that's not hte case, Mirror image 5X then bum rush a boss for some rapage. IT's like level 5 tielle shots on a 0.4s cooldown.

I also tried crystal nightmare just for kicks, I heard it's a crazy boss rush with every dungeon combined or something..It's not that at all. It's a simple dungeon where doors are on every 10 floors (at least for hte first 10) instead of 5, and as a matter of fact on the 10th there's no boss at all (not even a gauntlet, just an ordinary floor with a door next to the next floor thing). It totally drops all kinds of crap that rarely drops anywhere else though (in the chests that is). I not only got 1 flameguard finally but 2.. alas I'm missing a candlestick >=(.

Anyway crystal nightmare totally made me pumped about this game even more. The difficulty curve in it is way higher than the previous dungeons. It's not hard per say, but it's definately not easy like the rest of hte game is. I was kind of worried about how easy the game was already with me LACKING gear. Unfortunately it's semi-annoying because I'm pretty sure there's a 100% chance that you have a bad random floor thing. I don't mind ones like enemies do double damage, or move faster. But double defense is tedious, "the floor is slick" is really annoying (especially for dashers), and "the automap doesn't work here, have fun!" is rage-inducing.. Getting 3 of those in a row..ugh.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:10:21 AM by Ghaleon »

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2010, 03:12:52 AM »
i'll just leave this here

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2010, 08:24:01 AM »

Looks like Recette played too much Dead Rising and decided she needed to barricade the store.

So, now that most of us have played through and beaten the normal mode, how would you improve the game?

- Dungeons could stand to be a lot more interesting (though I realize that's pretty difficult to do with randomly generated ones)
- Maybe have it so you can pick up as much stuff as you want, but when you leave the dungeon you're only allowed to bring a certain amount of stuff out and have to drop the rest (I get really tired of constantly going into my item screen and deciding what to drop to make room)
- I'd like it if you had more freedom to arrange your shelves and they had more of an impact aside from the showcase. For instance, cheap impulse items next to the register, and maybe having all the same category of item on a table helps them sell? (Customers more likely to find what they want when your stuff is organized)
- Price fluctuations less extreme than half or double price would be good, maybe subtle changes day-to-day. Market trends you can research and try to predict.
- Advertising? You could target certain customer types.
- Alouette and others as actual competitors; scout the competition's shops and undercut them!
- Alouette Mode

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2010, 09:29:10 AM »
This all of course reminds me that I need to finish that no-buying playthrough (successfully made the second payment). And to do that I need to pull myself away from Civ 5.  Hoo boy.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2010, 03:06:41 PM »
Heh, took me a few seconds to figure out WTF was so good about that screenshot.
Stuffman's suggestions seem pretty good with me. I think each adventurer could use just slightly more things to do. Maybe a dodge or something. Not to make it easier so much as to make characters like Louis and tielle feel less basic and boring.

Everyone hates loading time so the suggestion might seem stupid, but I found the loading times for this game to be really bad...REALLY bad. I mean a doujin game loading up a 2d environment for 1 room should not take longer to load than your civ 5 save... Merde!

Selling to adventurers shouldn't be as hard. Or at the very least allow yourself to give them gifts. I have been trying to get tielle to buy a new bow for herself for over 50 game days but she just won't bite. Hell, the ai for what the adventurers choose to wear is retarded. None of my adventurers will actually WEAR the rainbow plate that I sell them while wearing sandwich boards... But nagi actually trashed her whalekiller in favor of a platinum spear when I sold it to her because I figure she would refuse to wear it like she does the armor... Sigh.

Fusion is just too slow. The game is too easy to justify requiring items that take as long to farm as your would expect in a mmorpg for minor gear upgrades.

Cosmetic shop changes should show you their atmosphere. It's fairly tedious walking to tear and the counter over and over because you are trying to fine-tune the atmosphere.

Quad City QBs

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2010, 06:50:14 PM »
Quote from: Carpe Fulgur
Today we have an announcement to make.

Four weeks to the day after we began selling copies of Recettear (as preorders), we are ready to announce Recettear's sales figures.

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale has sold over 26,000 copies between all distributors as of this news posting.

And it continues to sell.

Everyone at Carpe Fulgur is... humbled? Amazed? It's difficult to put a name to what we feel. Recettear has done what we had barely dared to hope it would do: in a month it has secured the future of Carpe Fulgur by allowing all of its members to make wages comparable to "proper" jobs in the industry for an entire year, and has provided EasyGameStation with a massive new stream of revenue that they did not previously have access to.

The reviews of Recettear have been near-universal in their praise. Talk about the game all over the internet has been positive. The Recettear project is an unqualified success at this juncture - everything Carpe Fulgur set out to do has been accomplished. Recettear is available in English, people enjoy the localization and the game itself, and we've made enough money to continue with other projects with very little concern for the immediate future.

I, personally, feel the need to thank every single person who reviewed the game, talked about it in various places across the Internet, downloaded the demo, and most importantly bought the game. There are tens of thousands of you out there, from all across the planet. You made this possible. You fulfilled our dream - our dream of making a living from bringing the best indie games Japan has to offer to the English-speaking world.

I even want to thank the pirates, really - I know some of you have been "demoing" the game and then purchasing it, and I thank you for that. From our data via Steam and whatnot, our official demo-to-full conversion rate is somewhere between 25 and 30%... a number that I suspect is inflated in part by former pirates deciding to support us.

Of course, we still want people to continue purchasing the game. Remember, the more copies of Recettear we sell, the more cool stuff we'll be able to do in the future. A Carpe Fulgur with a nice, full war chest is going to be capable of doing a lot - and expanding our capabilities immensely.

So thank you again, everyone. 26,000 copies in four weeks is an incredible success in the indie scene, especially for an unknown Japanese game nobody had ever heard of a few months ago from a couple of dudes with no previous work to their name.

But even with all this, one should not think this is the end. We hope to announce a couple of very exciting projects in the near future, and we've begun to look at a number of future potential titles for localization.

This isn't the end. This is the beginning.

And there's a lot of lightning bolts to be seized.

- Andrew "SpaceDrake" Dice
Project Director, Carpe Fulgur LLC

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:54:34 PM by Bad Appellant!! »

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2010, 07:22:29 PM »
Seeing that post is cool.

I posted this in another forum, I'll just copy and paste it:

I assume some of you guys have heard of this game? It?s a fun game, I rather enjoy it, but I?m not really hoping to talk about the game itself so much as its success.

Basically, Recettear is a Doujin game released in Japan quite some time ago (1-2 years I believe) that was Japanese only (like pretty much every Doujin game). Then some company called Carpe fulgar (something like that) somehow managed to obtain permission (did they? I assume so) to translate it and re-release it for us dirty gaijins via Steam and a couple other online gaming thingies.

They expected to make some cash off of the deal, but they were blown away with its success, now people have a good reason to hope that this sort of thing will become more common, and that the Doujin/Indie gaming scene will become more recognized instead of being limited to just us silly turbo-nerds.

I guess some of you will think I?m a dork for saying this, but I kind of hope this encourages people like Garin to release their own games via Steam, and will encourage people to buy it more too. But part of me wonders how Carpe fulgar obtained the rights/permission/whatever to make a profit using a game they didn?t originally develop, but simply translated. Did they share some of their profits with the original developers? I suppose I should ask them that but if anybody knows those details please say so.

And if you haven?t played Reccetear yet, you should try, there is a demo as I understand it. I THINK you can get it via steam, not sure. I simply bought the game before even knowing what it was about. All I knew was ?Doujin game for sale in North America, GET?.

I can probably find the answers to my questions if I dig deep enough into Carpe Fulgar's forums or whatever. But to be honest, I don't want to browse another forum. There are already too many I'm a member of. And when I read something, I just HAVE to reply sometimes, then I'll spend another 30 mins a day every day browsing that forum, and and...yeah.

So if anybody here could tell me how Carpe Fulgar did all the legal jazz to translate the game, how much the original company profits from it, etc etc, I'd appreciate it.

Quad City QBs

« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2010, 03:17:08 AM »
To my understanding, they've been working with the original developers, EasyGameStudio, from the start.  Most of the profit goes to EGS, too.

« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2010, 05:51:58 PM »
Why am I so bad? someone tell me what to do

Quad City QBs

« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2010, 02:34:52 AM »
sell at 104, buy at 70, don't worry too much about dungeoneering

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2010, 02:54:14 AM »
If you see a TREND, make use of it.

CAUTION!
A LARGE NUMBER OF MAGICAL GIRLS ARE APPROACHING FAST!

seriously, making use of a trend guarentees all buying and no selling. just fill your store with the same popular item, and you get a large combo of purchases of the same item whether that be books or food or scarves.

its the best way to level up merchant levels very quickly.

Oh yeah what's up with healing rings? People talk about them like they are awsome. I've been trying them and they dont' do shit.. I've literally done over 30 floors in one session wearing it the full time and have yet to see it heal a single hp once! Does it activate on death or something?

they activate when your hp goes low. it wil replenish all your hp. it has several uses before it breaks.
you can repair the ring though...but requires some ingredients.
its more effective to have tons of hp rings than tons of food, since rings can be used muliple times.
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o