Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119537 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day One
« Reply #330 on: March 22, 2011, 06:11:26 AM »
Also considering the amount of people who don't exist and people who might not be here for deadline, if you want it to matter 6 hours will be too late.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #331 on: March 22, 2011, 06:24:00 AM »
The oversized moon must have made everyone inaba-mad because the strangeness from everyone doesn't seem to be subsiding.

Conqueror, while you have stepped up somewhat, I still have a few questions to ask.  While you have explained more in depth about why exactly you went for capt.h's case for so long, it still boils down mostly to gut because multiple people have had been inactive and altogether unhelpful then, and you have ordered your scum order by arbitrary means.  An example is when you said that you thought that Hanged Hourai's hit-and-run style was better than Serela's active lurking and ugly vote patterns, but Hanged Hourai has had active lurking and ugly vote patterns too, so what's the distinction?  Similar non-explanations occur when you rank capt.h higher than people like PX and Dormio; you merely speak of what exactly they did, which is pretty fair, but at the end you just prefer one over the other.  For example;

PX, in my opinion, was derp for jumping on capt.h with a vote immediately after I did, and while I found his vote and actions to be unpleasant, I did not feel it warranted a vote. Meanwhile, capt. h was generally being avoidant and unhelpful with his posts (and as far as I can remember, he later admitted as such!). I felt this to be more actively scummy.

Why didn't it not warrant a vote; what is the distinguishing factor between PX having unpleasant vote and actions and capt.h being avoidant and unhelpful?  Both halves of the sentence seem equally alike.  This combined with being late on the explanations make the above quite unconvincing.

Also, another thing I find creepy about your opinions on everyone else is that you seem to be talking in abstractions for the most part instead of what they are actually doing.  In this post and this one you talk about labels like content, usefulness, stances and lack thereof a lot, but you don't really go deep into what they are actually saying with the minor exception of criticizing Bardiche's change of vote and things in relation to yourself {e.g UK's supposedly poor jump on you etc.).  Gives it an air of convincing superficiality which I don't like. 

---

Briefly, I'm not convinced by huhwhat's reasons for his preference of Hourai over Serela (e.g I don't think Serela has been contributing more than Hourai).  Shadoweh is being silly by asking huhwhat for why he had cleared PX when he hasn't said anything at all about why he himself has been clearing Conqueror, and I don't appreciate the angle he has been going regarding his case.  Dormio to me seems to be trying his best and has had the bravery to try and pick things (though somewhat unsubstantial) from people that people are not touching today (e.g Kilga).  Serela's post did not make sense at all.  Still going for a Conqueror lynch short of a game-breaking claim due to the above being too little too late.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Confirmation Phase
« Reply #332 on: March 22, 2011, 06:25:51 AM »
Alright, whatever, I'm tired anyways. Being day 1 lynch target as town twice in a row is no fun. :wat: Okay, claim.

Zombies? Well, looks like someone went ahead and used the nuclear option on the rest of us. Now I have to hang out with you scraggly lot. Bunch of freebooters.
I am the town Lawyer. Due to Serp's inability to distinguish senators from lawyers, by entering a command in the thread I can filibuster a player within the last 24 hours of the day, specifically the player with the most votes (and if there is a tie, the player who was most recently voted up to the highest total). At that point, the votecount will freeze, and one of two things will happen. If the player is town, his role PM is revealed in-thread and the day ends in no-lynch. If the player is scum, the player is lynched. Regardless of the result I commit harakiri and die, so I won't be bothering you all anymore.

Basically, if we handle this correctly, we can either have a confirmed townie or a confirmed scum kill. I think we should vote up the scummiest person who is not me (as I will die and flip in any case). My vote is on NeoSerela.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #333 on: March 22, 2011, 06:33:21 AM »
@Affinity: We can discuss the specific ordering of my votes until the cows come home but I can't really give you another explanation except "gut" and "that's the way I felt at the time." Sorry.  :ohdear:

Anyway, I'm resigned to being the D1 lynch, so please read the above post.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Shadoweh

« Reply #334 on: March 22, 2011, 06:35:43 AM »
Uhm. Well damn. That's not.. that's pretty damn good. NeoSerela sounds like he escaped from an asylum so I could get behind that. I could also get behind PX or huh what or Hanged Hourai.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2011, 06:37:08 AM »
Clarifying that only a plurality of votes is needed.

Conqueror

« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2011, 06:48:12 AM »
In any case, I was hoping for some town discussion on the target. I'll filibuster a few hours before deadline because that gives you people enough time to switch over and hammer me if you don't believe my claim.

« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2011, 06:50:43 AM »
Okay, where was I? I honestly forget most of the things I've been wanting to address, but here goes.
  • Conqueror is still slowly seeming better to me, but a lot of his recent opinions have boiled down to one-liners. The lack of an apparent scum counter-wagon still strikes me as odd, especially considering how the Shadoweh wagon has suddenly died out. Not ready to clear him yet, but I am significantly less sure of him when compared to my stance on Hourai now.
  • As Conqueror is slowly lowering his spot on my suspicions list, PX is increasing for his blatant wagon hop backed by nothing original of note. Most of the grace I was giving him regarding his vote-switch was because he had shown stronger conviction than Conqueror already and because I expected him to continue his train of thought later, but his recent post makes his hop off of capt. h look a lot worse than Conq's and has been enough to flip around my opinion on him.
  • Conqueror's claim is weird. My paranoid side tells me that if we want to shift our votes to test his ability, we should do it in some sort of way that we know there's no risk of scum!Conq tricking us into a screwed up lynch out of disorder. As for the target, I would of course prefer Hourai, but if that won't work I would easily take PX as well, or maybe even Shadoweh. Not feeling that Serela as the best choice since I've been getting VanillaMafia!Serela vibes from him up until now and not many others have been chasing him. A polarizing player would be more ideal, I believe. (I also think Hourai's content has been worse than Serela's, even if Serela's has been lackluster.)
I'm around for a bit, so if I missed any questions people have for me they should probably point them out now.

Conqueror

« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2011, 06:57:09 AM »
    • Conqueror's claim is weird. My paranoid side tells me that if we want to shift our votes to test his ability, we should do it in some sort of way that we know there's no risk of scum!Conq tricking us into a screwed up lynch out of disorder. As for the target, I would of course prefer Hourai, but if that won't work I would easily take PX as well, or maybe even Shadoweh. Not feeling that Serela as the best choice since I've been getting VanillaMafia!Serela vibes from him up until now and not many others have been chasing him. A polarizing player would be more ideal, I believe. (I also think Hourai's content has been worse than Serela's, even if Serela's has been lackluster.)

I would be up for any of those choices as well, although what really matters is what the majority of the town decides, which is why I posted this now. Also, like I said, we only need a plurality. Once we reach a decision and get a person up to the desired threshold (probably something like 4 or 5 votes) all voting should freeze and any votes after that would be marked with scum intent. All votes should thus be marked with L-? tags, and everybody should turn on their new reply notifications if they've turned them off.  I should be around to enact a filibuster starting at least 6 hours before deadline.

Conqueror

« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2011, 07:03:15 AM »
    Basically we're going to have a double flip D1.  :V

I fully expect people to analyze this latter wagon as well.

Shadoweh

« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2011, 07:13:18 AM »
    It would be amusing to go through another game as Super Townie Confirmed 5000.

Ultimately I think PX is the other person we should flip. If Conqueror is already going to die, Affinity's suspicions about me in his direction will be cleared up and his wagon can be looked over. If PX is flipped it will provide more information on huh what as well as anyone that cleared him as posting content today. He's also been described as having an anti-town playstyle and he would likely be a later lynch anyways.

From an informational basis I'm not sure NeoSerela or Hourai are as good.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
    • I don't bite... much.
    « Reply #341 on: March 22, 2011, 07:15:23 AM »
    What about seeing one of the lurkers pseudo-flip?
    I dunno.
    A check on PX/Hourai/Shadoweh is just as good.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

« Reply #342 on: March 22, 2011, 07:17:06 AM »
    The problem with having a lurker psuedo-flip is that there's no information to really go off of from it.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
    • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
    « Reply #343 on: March 22, 2011, 07:17:37 AM »
    Serp: Sorry if I'm not supposed to be posting but I think Kitten should have already told you to switch me in for now and prepare a repalcement for us.

This post was made back at the time of @240, so stuff will be repeated/outdated.

Pesco writing up the post here.

The first thing that's been bothering the hell out of me: Zak's vote. Shit case blah blah blah. I really wonder what Zak is trying to do by agreeing with nonsense on a guy that hadn't even posted yet. Simple explanation if he was scum is that he sees potential easy lynch and tries to get a wagon out of it. The content of the post says he read the game, but the vote tells otherwise. I don't see any good reason for this and it's a shoddy gambit I don't believe Zak would do.

In the context of ED1, PX's vote is a null and it seems Conq understood that too. It had potential to stir discussion. PX's 179 is a terrible post. All I remember is that it would make me want to lynch him if I had suspicion on him from before, this is pretty much what Shadoweh is doing. But on that note, I want to hear Shadoweh list the individual merits of PX's actions. The progression is what I'm interested in here.

Conq looks derp. There was nothing wrong with his vote at the time he made it. With all the hate he's been getting and some poor responding, it's easy to corner him into thinking fucked if I do, fucked if I don't. Find evidence then catch scum, not the other way round right? So could you guys who were on him chronologically summarize your case on him for me and my cat.

HW backed off, but I'm suspect of it given how much of a driving force behind all the 'scummy' things that Conq did was in response to HW. The switch to Hourai for Zak-bashing is much weaker than keeping the vote on Conq imo because Zak was weird and did deserve to be called for it. Hourai snapvoting Zak is not an unreasonable action (I would be voting Zak too, but Kitten has the final say on the vote).

Fear not, for Hourai has his own questionable actions that could have made HW's vote better, had he thought of it. I don't see anything wrong with his first serious vote (on HW). What comes after is the dodgy stuff. HW is apparently forgotten in his next big post. Assuming that the HW vote was a weak starting point, the sudden attention turned on Zak is fine by what I've said above. But the fact that Hourai responded to UK about the HW vote reads to me that it was something he could have pursued. Catch up to more presently, this Dormio vote is a park, a prod vote that is not going to achieve anything.

Out of the people I've mentioned here I want to vote Hourai and vig Zak.

Addendum: The bus I'm driving was not the one Kitten got hit by.

I've only skimmed the more recent stuff so short points from here on.

Shadoweh: You can judge things by feelings if you want, but it's not going to convince people much. I do it a lot and nobody ever listens to my FPMH :V. Being lazy is anti-town, not scummy. If you ignore K4u's current condition, she comes across as lazy but still town for the quality posts she puts out. I'm still lenient on reading you negatively for these playstyle blips because you are technically a new player without enough experience. I will expect you to understand what I'm saying here and you'll step up to the caliber of what you did last game.

Dormio: The guy's a transparent derp. Sorry people, but that's just how Dormio plays and the reason is that's the kind of guy he is in DotS. Dormio will post the first thing that comes to mind, realise it was stupid afterwards and then flounder in trying to correct himself. I have no intention of lynching him for bad play.

Previous read on Conq still holds here.

Haven't been able to get down a time to reread PX and Shadoweh because you people post way too much.

Unmentioned people are either forgettable or not worth pursuing today.

##Vote Hourai

« Reply #344 on: March 22, 2011, 07:23:54 AM »
    After thinking things over further, I definitely support a PX flip. In the scenario where Conqueror is telling the truth and is town, then PX would be the most likely lynch for tomorrow due to the circumstances of his wagon hop. The information is a bonus as well.

When exactly are we expected to switch our votes to reflect Conqueror's ability?

Hi Pesco. What makes you think that Zak would believe people would jump on a wagon of his when his case revolves entirely around a past game? I don't think scum would expect that ever.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
    • I don't bite... much.
    « Reply #345 on: March 22, 2011, 07:28:47 AM »
    Well, if Shadoweh, Conqueror, Pesco4u, and huh what all switch to PX we have 5 votes which would be a majority for Conqueror's pseudo-flip.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
    « Reply #346 on: March 22, 2011, 07:29:32 AM »
    Hi Pesco. What makes you think that Zak would believe people would jump on a wagon of his when his case revolves entirely around a past game? I don't think scum would expect that ever.

I can't answer for why he'd do that, I can only discern that he didn't check the facts and followed a bullshit case.

Shadoweh

« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2011, 07:35:34 AM »
    Dormio: I'm pretty sure the way he's wording it, Conqueror's power will end the day, so we don't want to use it like, right now.

Pesco4u: Did you read Conqueror's roleclaim? What do you think of it and what should we do with it?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
    « Reply #348 on: March 22, 2011, 07:49:16 AM »
    I still think the same as before in terms of whether or not to lynch him. If he's claimed and can prove it right away, then let him do it.

Conqueror

« Reply #349 on: March 22, 2011, 07:51:54 AM »
    I can do it right away, but it ends the day, so I'd rather do it within 6 hours or so of day end. Also because most of town is asleep and hasn't woken up yet.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
    « Reply #350 on: March 22, 2011, 07:52:49 AM »
    The question is will YOU be awake at the time to activate it? It costs us nothing to set up the votes beforehand.

Conqueror

« Reply #351 on: March 22, 2011, 07:54:49 AM »
    I'll be around.

Conqueror

« Reply #352 on: March 22, 2011, 07:59:36 AM »
    EBWOP: Don't go around hammering people before I get back though. >_>

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
    • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
      • Prody's other youtube channel
    « Reply #353 on: March 22, 2011, 08:15:34 AM »
    Well, firstly I want to apologize for not existing. Wanted to write something on Conqueror but everyone who had their votes on him seemed to come up with words that would sound a lot better than mine. It looks like I have to get used to a lashing if I want to play mafia here.

Conqueror's claim should to be tested now, since I (or we) don't really want to go into night where the scum now know of the role of a town.

Apparently disregarding this thread for a while is a bad idea as well since there's great wall of texts to skim through. Hourai's nasty remarks bite at me the most and I don't really like how he dealt with people who were against him. However, considering conqueror's power in play, either Affinity or Kilga are the first people I would like to know the alignment of, even though they are very likely to be town.

But when I consider Conqueror's role, the best way to get it over with is to get on a wagon (there doesn't seem to be any disadvantage if a wrong target is chosen, but it would hurt if he is really lying). But if he is really telling the truth, I don't really want someone with useful powers like that to go into the night.

Since there is still many hours to go, I'm going to consider Conqueror is going to use his powers and wait and see what more people has to say.
    Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
    I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
    the economy the economy the economy the economy

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
    « Reply #354 on: March 22, 2011, 08:27:33 AM »
    The votes need to be in place for Conq to use his power.

I don't care if your thoughts on Conq don't sound as good. Post it and we'll see.

Affinity

• hoho
    • ... but I have promises to keep.
    « Reply #355 on: March 22, 2011, 08:32:08 AM »
    Personally, I would go for a Serela flip.  PX, Caedo, Hourai, and capt.h all sport at least some sort of spirit behind their wayward accusations and have all dared to do things that might have been frowned upon, but I think Serela has been the most apathetic in that he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary (e.g half-hearted thing on Conqueror, going to Zakeri, no backup for Conqueror in his latest post etc.).  Colt might also be an option.

As a backup in case this is some kind of brilliant scum ploy to induce a no lynch for day one, I would like Conqueror to set a deadline to use the power.  (e.g 2 hours before deadline, etc.)  If not Conqueror will be lynched.  Also, could the mod tell us how much time there is left?

Conqueror

« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2011, 08:37:21 AM »
    2 hours before deadline sounds fine.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
    « Reply #357 on: March 22, 2011, 08:40:48 AM »
    Mod went to sleep an hour or so ago. Should be more than 16 hours left according to the last count.

Shadoweh

« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »
    Colt, I'm going to start calling you the spiritual successor of Doll. Don't consider people on whether they were nice or mean, take a look at who is playing and tell me who you think is scum please.

Pesco 4u: I should have just said FPMH told me Conqueror is town. It can't have gone over worse. It's hard to put feelings into words on someone and address everything someone can ask about it without quoting and addressing all their posts. I will try to address PX's posts in order in a short and concise manner to show the progression.

Post #64: PX does blatant bandwagon hop onto newbie.
    Post #90: Shadoweh votes PX for idiot newbie bandwagon and waits for PX to respond.
    Post #103: PX bashes newbie for being scared of Schezo and having terrible reasons for a ED1 vote. This is like shooting fish in a barrel. Also says 'Not to mention all this Bardiche and co. stuff' which he does not mention.
    Post #179: This post makes me angry. Thinks I'm parking a vote. Says nothing useful about anyone. Unvotes and hides.
    Post #195 and a few one liners: Weird conversation with Kilga and UK that amounts to nothing. Clearly understands what my case is.
    Post #286: Now that I look closer, he only gives opinions on who he thinks is town. Doesn't actually give an opinion on Conqueror, just says the wagon is legitimate. Other people's reasons are good enough? Blatantly parks vote on Conqueror.

To summarize: Bad bandwagon hop on newbie followed by thinking the first reasons of the newbie's obviously bad case are enough to declare him ANTI-TOWN and not comment on five pages of other, followed by throwing voting away entirely, followed by being able to explain my case to other people without addressing it instead of asking them questions that matter, followed by a post with no scumhunting in which he does a bad bandwagon hop. It's like his terrible play has come full circle.

(Is the summary without the post links clear enough? I'd rather just make those.)

The fact that Affinity is still trying to clear PX for this and downplaying everything Conqueror does is blowing my mind. I'm starting to believe he should be on the list of possible flips. Colt? Really? We can get you more of your precious information and you want to use it to either lynch someone linked to noone or cop-clear COLT?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
    « Reply #359 on: March 22, 2011, 09:31:40 AM »
    Sure it's pretty terrible play, but I'm not seeing the scummy.