Author Topic: Riding on Rou's Coattails -- Let's Play MGitP, Ell Route (NSFW, LiveJournal)  (Read 11031 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Off topic, that is why I didn't bother with the Append stuff when I played my first time. Too much grinding, no ability to accurately read just what the hell they wanted. Also,  make sure you're harvesting from the right spots too - you're not getting any wood from Excavation points.

On topic, it seems EP manifests slightly differently depending on the target.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Off topic, that is why I didn't bother with the Append stuff when I played my first time. Too much grinding, no ability to accurately read just what the hell they wanted. Also,  make sure you're harvesting from the right spots too - you're not getting any wood from Excavation points.

Yeah, I know excavation points don't give wood. I'd hit those anyway when I ran through the map just to get other materials as well, though.

And I've since put Suina's bowling ball to good use, so it worked out fine.

---

Part 6: Who the Ell Do You Think We Are?!

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
Good as usual ^_^ I chuckled at the "steroids are fine" part.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Best update yet. You're picking this up really fast, rdj. :D

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Considering how well it's going so far, I should be happy, but...

Just making me more scared of what they're going to do to ruin everything.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

My fave part is "
Spoiler:
MORITA'S SISTER IS SANAE!
"

I'm with Jq1790, though. The "good news" is that she's already a moeblob, so it's not like it'll fuck up in the same way as Irina. I dunno, about the only thing I can think of which would mess her up to the same extent would be to take it in the opposite direction, i.e. turn her into a heartless dominatrix or whatever (whom Jun still objectifies). Something like engaging in sexual acts under false pretenses, i.e. deceiving her about the nature of sex or whatever ("I need you to suck this liquid out of me or else I might die!"), which is pretty much the most abhorrent thing I can think of, and maintaining the deception through the whole story? Mmm, nah, doesn't seem like Alcot's style ...

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
>
Spoiler:
Glue a horn to your head and she can call you "oni-chan". Good compromise?

my coffee, the screen
(read: gj)
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Part 7.5: Insert Kefit Reference Here (minor Katawa Shoujo Act 1 spoilers)

Sigh.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
AGAGHGHGHAGHGHGAHGAHGAHGAHAHGAHGH

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
well that didn't take long

SFX: FACEPALM.

I wonder if they went out of their way to come up with weaknesses for the girls in each route which are flat-out contradictory to their entire premise. >_>

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Well, most of the time people are not afraid of Heights, but afraid of falling. Knowing that Ell is a spaceship in space where you can't really fall unless you're close to something with a gravitational pull, and also knowing that she fell before (twice actually), I think this one weakness is at least not coming from the author's ass like the other one.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
...Solais is... actually sorta right, there.

And, as nonsensical as it sounds for a spaceship, Ell's never shown to have actual flight capability, so it wouldn't be horribly surprising if she can't fly when not in outer-space or something. (Even though, yeah, that in itself sounds ridiculous.)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
You know, dumb concepts are a thing, but they don't necessarily make you hate the game. The Irina route crossed several lines in a different kind of stupidity, but so far this route is perfectly fine.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
You know, dumb concepts are a thing, but they don't necessarily make you hate the game.
Except... in both cases, it seems to be making them do that.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

stop whining and do a proper update

Part 8.5: Hat Simulator 2012

I hope this pleases you.

Jana

• mrgrgr
mo'kyuu mo'problems

Solais

• Developer fairy
See, I told you that was the reason. :V

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Still, if that is the reason... why didn't the *first* crash already cause her to have a trauma. The one where she got personally involved with a victim and heavily blamed herself. The reasoning is still wonky, even if it's way more logical than Irina's case :V

Also being crushed by a spaceship makes you become friends with it. Who'd have thought :O

Solais

• Developer fairy
After Nanoha, I believe everything.

My first thought was about Starship Titanic, although in that case I guess it just means your house becomes its friend ...

But yeah. It may make slightly more sense, but it's still kind of terrible. Note to self: do not choose a female love interest's route because you like the fact that she is strong in any Japanese-made VN. >_>

My apologies to the people who've been following this, but I'm not sure if I'll be continuing with this. Recently it's seemed like a chore just to determine what's good for screenshotting, coming up with commentary, and slogging through the facepalm-worthy stuff to get a good update out.

I've talked to Rou and he's said that *maybe* he'll pick this up when Rainslicked is done, but it's not a definite yet. Regardless, it'll probably be a while before the next update, either from him or from me if I decide to keep going after all.