Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 113121 times)

Kabuto

• Kabuto
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 2]
« Reply #480 on: July 17, 2011, 01:33:01 AM »
@Book of the Post: Why should I do any favors for you when I can't even use you for divination? Or can I?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #481 on: July 17, 2011, 01:33:27 AM »
EBWOP: Book of the Past not Book of the Post.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #482 on: July 17, 2011, 01:34:53 AM »
Eh, why not.

"Bard is cute"

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #483 on: July 17, 2011, 01:36:30 AM »
@Book of the Post: Why should I do any favors for you when I can't even use you for divination? Or can I?
I'll tell if if you type it in.  ;)
It has to do with my vig power.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #484 on: July 17, 2011, 01:37:36 AM »
Orwen, could you enlighten us on your position in this Iffrita/Miya debacle?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #485 on: July 17, 2011, 01:38:36 AM »
Bard is cute.
If only I could convince him to assist with my divination...

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #486 on: July 17, 2011, 01:46:50 AM »
Votecount the 25th

Mala (2): Orwen, Xix, Book of the Past
Miya (4): One, Book of the Past, Iffrita, Moonin
Moonin (1): Mala
Iffrita (3): Yuan, Navarus, Miya, Depore

Depore (0): Iffrita
Orwen (0): Mikhail

Not Voting: Navarus

Bard Is Cute (3)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have about 40 hours until Night 2.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #487 on: July 17, 2011, 01:48:17 AM »
@Book: I don't like your caginess regarding the effects of what you're asking us to do. If you explain its pro-town purpose, then I will most likely say the magic words without hesitation.

I previously would have been down with a Depore lynch (of course), but an initial glance at her replacement's content makes me think that it's good stuff, so I'm not too sure about that now. I haven't done any in-depth post analysis at all (including of newDepore's post) since I've saving that for when I actually write up a stronger Miya case, though. I don't feel like actually writing :words: as is and I'm actually somewhat busy right now. But apparently checking the thread in my anon account means I have infinite time on my hands and means I'm obligated to reply to everyone's post, so okay. (Seriously, the only reason I bothered responding to Mala's post earlier is because it made me rage.)

I'm also perfectly fine lynching for Mala, for the reasons I mentioned in my opening post. ... Actually, everything I'm saying right now is stuff that was in my opening post. Why do you feel that I need to repeat myself? My opinions have not really changed too much beyond Miya taking the front spot now. More on that later like I said, I've actually done a little bit of my re-read already and am already noticing some issues that I missed previously.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #488 on: July 17, 2011, 01:50:38 AM »
Also, really, I'm not going to be make any more early responses to posts that try to goad me into replying ASAP using online times of all things. I often have time to pop in and check recent posts in Mafia, but not the time or mental strength to analyze things and post a bunch of :words: on my thoughts.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #489 on: July 17, 2011, 01:50:58 AM »
@Book: I don't like your caginess regarding the effects of what you're asking us to do. If you explain its pro-town purpose, then I will most likely say the magic words without hesitation.
If you want me to be that blunt, saying that phrase will make people valid targets for my vig shot.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #490 on: July 17, 2011, 01:51:48 AM »
Well then.

"Bard is cute"

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #491 on: July 17, 2011, 01:54:43 AM »
Bard is cute. Not as cute as me, but hey, who is?

@Mala: I don't know why he thought it necessary to declare Book townie. Maybe he wanted to get an opinion out that wasn't negative? Like you said, all of her other stated opinions were.

If there's more to the whole "switch to Yuan" thing beyond being overzealous newbie I don't know what it is. I don't pretend to know why newbies do strange things. We've had newbies here vote for people without providing any reasoning and then retract those votes stating they forgot why they cast them in the first place.

Also that is totally not an opinion on Book or a link to any of Book's posts that made you feel bad about him like I asked of you. Also not cool getting cold shouldered by Iffrita and Orwen. I don't like being ignored. ;_;

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #492 on: July 17, 2011, 01:56:15 AM »
Also, really, I'm not going to be make any more early responses to posts that try to goad me into replying ASAP using online times of all things. I often have time to pop in and check recent posts in Mafia, but not the time or mental strength to analyze things and post a bunch of :words: on my thoughts.
No, I understand. I was just looking for a quick overview of where you stand to help me with something. The question was more aimed at Miya anyway, who has yet to say anything on anyone except you.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #493 on: July 17, 2011, 01:59:29 AM »
@Depore: I don't have a bad feeling about the Book of the Past. The reason I was asking was because one thing I disliked about old Depore was the fact that she randomly inserted her opinion that he was town aligned when all of her other opinions were suspicions of various people.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #494 on: July 17, 2011, 02:07:16 AM »
Oh, okay. Sorry I can't be more of a help than this in that regard. Believe me, I'm fairly baffled by it myself.

As long as you're here, though, since Orwen's been pressing you for a decent length of time in this game, what do you think of what I pointed out in #469? I'll go ahead and assume you disagree with the pairing idea (>_>) but I'm curious to hear what you have to think beyond that.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #495 on: July 17, 2011, 02:27:33 AM »
Orwen, could you enlighten us on your position in this Iffrita/Miya debacle?

Sure thing, Book!

I think Miya is a tracker. She may have been a lucky scum tracker, but it seems more likely that she is a town tracker, since her tracking is based on players she has shown suspicion on. Which bothers me because otherwise, I would have preferred her lynch over Iffrita's lynch. Iffrita's content is far better, and she makes lots of interesting cases on lots of players.

Iffrita is more likely to be lying than Miya about her role. Iffrita is also one of the towniest players here. Had Miya not tracked her last night, I wouldn't have even considered and Iffrita lynch. I'll need to reread her thoroughly and I'm still thinking it all through.

Back in my 405, I reconfirmed the contents of the mod PM Iffrita told us she received last night. At the time (and a little bit now), she said she was told that she visited UK's room. This bothers me, because UK technically isn't a player (in spite of claiming) - Demon Navarus is the player. Her PM should have said she stumbled into Demon Navarus's room. That's why I needed so much precision from Iffrita.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #496 on: July 17, 2011, 02:28:48 AM »
If I have to pick between Iffrita and Miya, Iffrita is more likely to be scum.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #497 on: July 17, 2011, 03:17:07 AM »
I really hope I'm not missing anything important because that post I was going to make tonight isn't going to happen until tomorrow morning. I'm hanging out with friends and we're likely to get slightly drunk watching movies, which basically means I'll be in no shape to post since my name isn't Shadoweh (I'M KIDDING PLEASE DON'T SHANK ME :ohdear:)

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #498 on: July 17, 2011, 03:18:43 AM »
So, on the one hand, reading Book's thing about the saying stuff bugs the shit out of me. On the other, I've thought of him as protown so...hmm...

Against my better judgement

Bard is Cute

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #499 on: July 17, 2011, 03:19:39 AM »
Oh, reading is awesome and triple posting is town. I get the impression you'll probably not be shooting me.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #500 on: July 17, 2011, 06:20:57 AM »
Votecount the 26th

Mala (2): Orwen, Xix, Book of the Past

Not Voting: Navarus

Bard Is Cute (6)

You have about 35 hours until Night 2.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:18:17 AM by helvetica »

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #501 on: July 17, 2011, 07:26:17 AM »
Bah, what a damn busy day this was.

##Unvote while I get caught up.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #502 on: July 17, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »
You know what, fuck it. I'm tired from today, it's fucking late at night, anything I read is going through my head, and the brightness hurts my eyes. I'm going to sleep and post tomorrow.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #503 on: July 17, 2011, 09:18:02 AM »
Although if my head did remember one thing, Bard is cute

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #504 on: July 17, 2011, 09:52:49 AM »
@Depore #494: Your #469? I don't really get it. You're trying to say that it Just's role was provable as a non-scum role based on the fact that LYLO/MYLO would come sooner? There are so many holes in this theory. How do you know for certain that LYLO/MYLO would be called a day earlier? How would we even know when LYLO/MYLO should be on us? You would need to keep Just alive until whenever LYLO/MYLO occured. What if there was a different third party that could speed up LYLO/MYLO if Just were aligned with town? What about any other roles that may have come into effect? However I do believe that Sage Orwen's switch to Just looked strange but for different reasons.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #505 on: July 17, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »
Votecount the 27th

Mala (1): Orwen, Xix, Book of the Past

Not Voting: Navarus, Xix

Bard Is Cute (6)

You have about 26 hours until Night 2.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:27:38 PM by Bardiche »

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #506 on: July 17, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
I don't think my stance is changing before deadline. 

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #507 on: July 17, 2011, 03:22:19 PM »
Bardiche is Cute.

Where'd the wagon that piled on me the day before go, and does no one agree with Yuan, on yesterday's case on me?
or is it a much lesser priority then the current wagons? Where'd the pressure go!!!!

@Role Claim:I'm unable to help in this part, due to the fact that I do not understand the importance of role powers.

@Demon Navarus: I need your opinion of me now while you are still alive.

@Mikhail: Other then being "Derp" to you, I wish to know your opinion of me, that is not summerized in One Word.

@Yuan: With the wagons going on at the moment, and your case on me having not changed, am I truly a lesser priority then Empress Iffrita?

@Prophet Mala: With all your invitations to people to "divine" are you subtly trying to say you have a neighborizing role as well? If not, I'd appreciate you stop the role playing because it will likely throw the game off.

@Xix: I think you not posting before going to sleep is not well received. If your going to wait for tommorrow I hope that you have a good nice post about the game for town advantage.

@On the note of votes, am I the only one that noticed that Mikhail's vote did not count towards Sage Orwen's vote count?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #508 on: July 17, 2011, 03:27:26 PM »
Yuan and One, could you both post "Bard is cute," like so? "Bardiche" doesn't count.

Anyway, I've looked over Iffrita and Miya. While I don't like how Iffrita's claim came out, she's been pretty clear on her stances since then, and her previous activity was pro-town. Miya still hasn't dropped in despite having only the claim on D2, and I'm still waiting for an explanation on D1 clears.

Miya should get in here ASAP. I want to resolve this Iffrita/Miya situation because it's clear we're all just sitting around waiting.

Mikhail is interesting!  :3 Notice the number of players alive~

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #509 on: July 17, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »
Where'd the wagon that piled on me the day before go, and does no one agree with Yuan, on yesterday's case on me?
or is it a much lesser priority then the current wagons? Where'd the pressure go!!!!

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be confusion or a taunt. Do you want a wagon on you?