Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist  (Read 221406 times)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist
« on: October 07, 2011, 07:49:10 AM »
Discuss any and all games you're playing right here. You guys know the drill!
Let's fight.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 09:14:09 AM »
Aside from everything that I've always been playing, I picked up the Lonesome Road and Gun Runners' Arsenal DLCs for Fallout: New Vegas a week or two back. Lonesome Road is exactly the DLC that I was hoping for in terms of... well, pretty much all the factors I look for in Fallout DLC. Gun Runners' Arsenal adds a massive variety of new weapons and ammunition, something that is totally worth the 320 Live points needed to buy it. IT may not sound like much, but it just makes everything so damn FUN... if shooting stuff with explosive anti-tank rounds and cluster tactical nukes is your idea of fun, that is.  :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 10:52:28 AM »
Spiral knights.
Must collect hats accessories.

Other than that, audiosurf dethroning and trying to get my hands on the frozen synapse bundle just for spacechem.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 11:06:23 AM »
From the previous thread:
Musou Orochi Z. I used to call KOEI's games repetitive carp, but suddenly they feel so addictive now.
Yeah pretty much.  Even I know they can be but that doesn't stop me from occasionally picking up one and playing it for hours.  Samurai Warriors Chronicles on 3DS is still the 3DS game I've put the most time into.

Also I got Disgaea 4 whoooooooo

EDIT: And Kirby's Mass Gangbang!  Oh, and Star Fox 64 3D, I guess :3c
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:19:21 PM by Garlyle »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 04:40:53 PM »
When I can: Elsword, Prototype, Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and maybe Fallout: New Vegas.

Nothing much to report, really, all of them are old games.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 01:19:05 AM »
Brought Tsukihime with me to marathon while I'm on my netbook for the long weekend, although I expect I will be having to take breaks from it because there's only so many of those scenes you can stomach in a single day. So far finished up one of the Near Moon routes and halfway through another

Additionally, Iced's recent fic has got me playing Rosenkreuzstilette again (I'd say Megamari but I neither have it installed nor the will to put up with some of the stages).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:20:39 AM by The Nekolossal »

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 05:23:28 AM »
fuck hazama fucking fucker had one sliver of life left but then I dropped my combo and fffuuuuuucccckkkkkk hhhiiiimmmm

(im playing bb)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 10:28:15 AM »
119 Challenges complete, 1 to go. FLUX Challenge 20: Harder, Faster. It's fitting that the final trial takes place with Home playing in the background. What little there is of it.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »
AHAHAHAHA!
Finally.
EO3. B2F F.O.E. Greedy Lizard. Finally killed a few.
New team is...

Front Row: Buccaneer(Gunner) - Hoplite - Gladiator
Back Row: Farmer - Prince

The kooky thing about all this?
The Prince was taking less than 20 damage any time it got poked. Reinforce+Guard Orders was more than enough to patch him up if he got poked.
So now with the Lizard Crests they dropped, I finally have a Lance on my Hoplite. Hell yes.

And the Pasaran's started popping up too! But it takes less than 10 damage any time I bop it. Though I can reliably cut them to half HP before they dash off.
Gonna need more gun! Or more multihit moves like Quickdraw/Rapidfire and Blade Rave/Nine Smashes.
Maybe I should invest in that Mystery Seeds tech the Farmer has, might be just the ticket to sealing it in place.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 05:08:02 PM »
I've been trying to A-rank Resident Evil Code Veronica... the time restriction is no problem but the no saves no retries policy bloody well is. I am allowed a save at the halfway point at least, but then Nosferatu happens shortly thereafter and he fucking sucks. So. The strategy is then to get lucky against him, lucky enough not to get Claire poisoned, lucky enough to not get swept off the platform and sometimes even lucky enough to kill him before you run out of ammo. I decided to bring along the grenade launcher though just in case the sniper wouldn't cut it. Then I finally clear that PoS boss and get all the way to that point where you control Claire again at which point I die against that boss you are supposed to run from.

Just too bad he is fucking undodgable... fuck that shit man. I'll try this later though even if I have to go all the way back to Nosferatu again.
A-rank? Just call it 'Incredibly damn patient and lucky-rank'. Its stupid you are not allowed any saves. Beating the entire game without saving isn't about skill, its about not having your console crash on you, about not having a power cut, about not having to answer the bloody phone, about not having a situation going unavoidably wrong. The only way skill somehow plays a role is in the terribufuckus controls...

I still like the game though. Playing for that A-rank is not too fun though. It might've been if you could just get a checkpoint against the bosses or something you would actually be allowed to use but as it is now, its just really irritating.

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 02:24:40 AM »
Doing more Rosenkreuzstilette. Use up all but one of my lives trying to do the lower route of Traure's stage expecting there to be a bonus down there...

Spoiler:
It just gives you an alternate variant of the boss battle. An EASIER variant mind you, but not really worth dying 3-4 times for.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 08:27:24 AM »
Fucking hell, Gaijin, you guys certainly know how to make a guy go into fits of RAEG. Harder, Faster is more rage-inducing than Surrf, Labyrinth, Tornado Kick, Trampopoline, and Back Attack - combined.

In...other news, picked up the Pokemon Trading Card Game GBC game. Holy hell, how did I ever get all the Medals way back when? I either can't get the right Evolution cards, no Energy cards, or the enemy dumps heads after heads after heads.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 12:21:54 AM »
RKS, doing the Sepperin/Zeppelin castle stages. SWEET MOTHER THAT THIRD FORTRESS BOSS

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »
Goddamnit, Devil Survivor Overclocked's Day 7 boss (Atsuro route) was almost certainly not this hard when I did Amane's route on the original version.  Like, goddamn, how the hell do I even.

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 07:09:13 PM »
Grand Knights History is really neat, but I haven't gotten the chance to try out the online modes yet :<

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 08:58:12 PM »
hehehe...FF8 sure is fun.
I kinda like the idea of Drawing magic out of the terrain and foes. More games should do something like that.
What i don't like is how there's only finite uses of it. To a guy who's used to an MP system, charges are kinda jarring.
Though the more charges you have, the better the spell is for junctioning, which I find rather interesting.
You're pretty much encouraged to gather 100 of any spell you could have need of.
So...it's kinda like a Mons game, but with spells instead of monsters.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 06:53:46 AM »
Just remember not to overgrind, Hanzo.

The AI in the Pokemon TCG are cheating bastards. An Oddish managed to stunlock three of my Pokes to death, a Geodude got seven heads in a row for its attack...

Move eternally forward,

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 05:05:14 PM »
Just picked up Ace Combat Assault Horizon

wheeeee~

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 05:30:48 PM »
Just remember not to overgrind, Hanzo.

Just don't grind at all. The junctioning system is one of the most easily breakable square systems ever. At one point, I think I managed to get 200+ STR with Squall. Combine that with the fact that you can spam limit breaks whenever you are low at HP... yeah.

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 12:38:46 AM »
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Hard-Mode Pacifist Pure-Stealth run complete. I am done with this one for a while.

Time to move on to L.A. Noire and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.  :3

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 12:42:37 AM »
Finally got to play Megaman 64 (Legends) for the first time in years.

I forgot how fun this game was~

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 12:45:17 AM »
Just don't grind at all. The junctioning system is one of the most easily breakable square systems ever. At one point, I think I managed to get 200+ STR with Squall. Combine that with the fact that you can spam limit breaks whenever you are low at HP... yeah.
It's not that hard.  Breaking the game spoilers:
Spoiler:
Refine Tents into Curagas, get 100 Curagas, junction to HP.  You now have 8000+ maximum HP and while at your normal HP for whatever you'd be at early in the game you can limit break.  Enjoy your victory.  For best results Cardmod and refine stuff from that and get other -aga spells for STR.

Also hell yeah I beat Devil Survivor Overclocked.  Atsuro route final boss gave me way more trouble than Amane's did in the original game; I wonder if that was a coincidence and they were supposed to be roughly equal, or what the hell happened.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:57 AM »
GOD HAND

Most fun I've had with a non-shmup game in years.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 09:28:02 AM »
Picked up Zelda: Twilight Princess. I did not realize you could use your sword on Epona (or Argo I'm calling him), so I wasted a crapload of time trying to rescue the kid.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 09:38:21 AM »
It's not that hard.[/spoiler]

Didn't say it was.  :V The magic refinement ability is indeed overpowered... but hell if you wouldn't prefer it to drawing magic. Drawing is so boring.
Also, the fact that the levels doesn't require more than 1000 EXP pretty much means that you can level everyone to Level 100 in a relatively short amount of time. On Disc 1. Did that once in that big forest with the Ochu's. I think those things gave 750 EXP...

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 07:56:18 PM »
Guardian Heroes.

Guardian. Heroes.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 06:15:35 AM »
Welp, ACAH is utterly unplayable on a standard definition TV.

Wonder how much Gamestop will take for it.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
Persona 3 Fes/4/Catherine marathon!
GO GO GO/

Also a little bit of competitive Pokemon Black. Tis fun.~

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 06:09:10 PM »
Touhouvania 2.

Damn Yuyuko, why you gotta be so hostile?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 06:19:31 PM »
Happy to say I beat the final boss of Mega Man Battle Network 2 on hard mode!

Still gonna keep going at it though; I think I'll get myself tangled up in the postgame since it sounds like fun to me.  That and I'll have videos for days.

I'm trying to come up with a challenging way to play EXE3, since there is no official Hard Mode for it and the person who once made a patch to make EXE3 harder basically seems to have ragequit the tiny patching scene and taken down all available links so its hard as balls to get my hands on.  I was thinking "No Navi Customizer codes (Compression, Extension, or Bugfix), no Number Trader codes (ever), no Styles, no HP Memories".  Or something.