Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 223548 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.01
« Reply #390 on: September 22, 2013, 03:22:52 AM »
Big mods like MXL are made by people who know what they're doing. I sure don't most of the time.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #391 on: September 22, 2013, 07:12:49 PM »
This is strange.

I've been leveling at a decent rate, and then I hit Lv 69 and suddenly SLOW EXP.

I recall gaining multiple levels through Chiriden and Makai on Normal, but I've not even gained half a level on Lunatic.

Do those mobs just not give much XP, or is there some kinda soft cap or something?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 07:33:38 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #392 on: September 23, 2013, 08:33:27 AM »
Exp gain might have been debuffed. Happens randomly but usually most noticeable when you suddenly get drops of 0 yen.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #393 on: September 23, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »
Exp gain might have been debuffed. Happens randomly but usually most noticeable when you suddenly get drops of 0 yen.

Eh.

I remember that from Act1 Normal.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #394 on: September 24, 2013, 05:52:50 AM »
I remember that from Act1 Normal.
Play a Reimu. ;~;
In b4 "Play Tewi/Nazrin." I already have one.

Speaking of Reimu, her being at 85 and the ice mercenary from Act 1 is.. not a good combo for the ice caves in Act 5.. and I'm noticing that I'm slowly *almost* running out of money. 166k right now, dropped down to 102k earlier today. The negative gold for Reimu really shows.

Also, I notice that if I move my mouse over an item, it makes some of my stats disappear. I'm using the stats on the item itself to let me equip said item, and I'm doing this for many items. When I float my mouse over certain items, not all items, it makes my shoes unequipped, and I have to use the passive stats updater, or re-equip some of the items that give me + stats.

It's also specific. I found a [L] rare heavy belt with only +bombs that when I highlight, I have to take off my hat for me to wear my shoes again. There's an [E] magic spider dress that makes me reequip my shoes as well. Not only that, but when I move my mouse over [N] rare shoes, it cuts my mana by about 70 and jumps my stamina from 1,300 to over 2100. But it doesn't regen past my current 1300 max. Highlighting an [N] rare simple clothes does the same thing as the shoes. What's up with this highlighting thing?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:10:38 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #395 on: September 24, 2013, 12:10:22 PM »
And now I'm on act 3 Lunatic. Starting to chug pots quite a lot... includeing mana because FISTS EVERYWHERE

Wriggle dropped an Etheral 'Birdbrain' which had .6 to 'Dim Vision'. Which made me ._.. Also -15 to bombs and a buttload of Resonance.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #396 on: September 25, 2013, 09:51:19 PM »
Just got a friend into this mod. Took us a while to get his damn installation correct.. Had to reinstall the game twice, redownload and install both mods, fight a hundred things, and this is after waiting for months on end after he installed D2 incorrectly and couldn't get the mod & vanilla working separately.

The barb was always a boring class for him, and after some reluctance, he tried playing Sakuya and seemed to really enjoy playing it. It started slow since he didn't have skills in other classes, but it was really enjoyable. I ran around with my Remilia whom is now level 15 to his.. 14 I think. He's got no current opinion of whether it's more fun than vanilla, but he does like the immense amount of new items and skills implemented, and also the extremely convoluted and powerful itemization system with unlocking, socketing,, fusing together, etc on top of all the gems, jewels, even low items having a purpose, it really made me appreciate how much Pesco and company has put into this mod. It's really amazing, and you guys should be proud.

I still think potions are strange since after all the classes I've played, the super potions for mana still give you more than maximum, no matter what character you select. If your maximum mana increases, so does the potion capacity. if your bombs increase, potions do too. Since manas simply instantly fill their stated numbers, the only purpose I can see this having is lower tiers giving more than what they usually would for when you have more than a certain number of bombs so you get chances of double potion when you use a single. (assuming that still works). Is that why it's like this? I would think that mana regenerating over time would remove the uselessness of the super sakes without getting rid of the presumed bonus. Since every class can have a different mana maximum per potion, but you can't change it per character, I question the reasoning for this.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #397 on: September 25, 2013, 10:09:20 PM »
It picks up once you hit ~Lv 30/Act 4 where items start to drop with '% Chance to use X on condition Y'

Also your friend sounds like me in terms of instillation.

In other news, starting up a Byakuren/Sanae combo, maybe with some Reimu. I find it interesting that Sanae is the only character who has skills that directly scale off her core skill level. I think that would be a nice touch for some other trees too, especially those with weaker core skill bonuses [Thinking of +Power here, which only really helps with item Reqs], to give an incentive to rank it for more than +3 of the stat.

I know I'll get enough Reimu that I can dump mana with Needles for Starlight. I'm not quite sure yet if I'm gonna focus on summons on the Sanae tree, and rely on the Reimu tree for mana-dump, or if I'll actually focus on the offense skills in Sanae's tree, and dump mana like that.

Decisions~ all I know is I'll be having a fair bit of mana to fuel Starlight. I wanna see how much it can pump out, especially with +2 % damage per Dharma. After all, I can just swap to a Gohei when I need to summon then put it away... if I even go for summons as a focus at all.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:15:36 PM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #398 on: September 26, 2013, 12:58:46 AM »
Alice's summons scale off her core skill too. This tends to be the case with the intended summoner classes (who have weapons that are strictly not for hitting things with).

Mana pots are supposed to give you a flat amount of mana when you're below a certain threshold or a percentage of your max mana once you're above it.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #399 on: September 26, 2013, 01:09:55 AM »
It picks up once you hit ~Lv 30/Act 4 where items start to drop with '% Chance to use X on condition Y'
You can find those early in the game too, you just have to keep an eye out.

I find it interesting that Sanae is the only character who has skills that directly scale off her core skill level.
This is interesting. The skills get bonuses off the skill level itself as well as the bonus from items. Keep in mind that the skill grants more and more the higher level you get it. It's actually pretty impressive numbers, up to like 8 per point at 25 & 26, and 9 at 27 and 28. (noted by the Unique Yin Yang orb that gives +3 to Border.) My border at level 28 gives a total of 156 Border stat. Level 25 gives 130. That's 26% damage increase alone. I think that's pretty impressive, to be honest. If you got a bunch of items that gave bonuses to your core stat, it'd start giving even more per level. It's definitely better than when it only gave +1 per level beforehand.

Mana pots are supposed to give you a flat amount of mana when you're below a certain threshold or a percentage of your max mana once you're above it.
This makes more sense. I guess I'm not at the threshold for percentage of max mana quite yet.. Reimu has 3746 mana and the Super pots heal 4213. Marisa has 4638 mana, pots rocking 6956.. How high does this threshold get? xD

Also, that shield Fantasy Aegis is the baddest ass thing to ever the badass ever. On a Miko that hits melee damage really quick, that would be an absolutely impressive display. I think the skill itself should at least be somewhat similar in function.. not to be outdone by the item. (keep the really high mana cost, keep the low damage, delete the cooldown)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #400 on: September 26, 2013, 01:24:18 AM »
Fantasy Aegis procs the exact same skill as what you have. I nerfed the proc chance because it was stupid.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #401 on: September 26, 2013, 07:09:32 AM »
So what's a good place to farm for good Uniques  ?:V
Like, I haven't seen a Infinity or Fantasy Aegis since ever. 

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #402 on: September 26, 2013, 09:41:27 AM »
Why would you want to have uniques when the rares are clearly better? Danmaku Archers have stupidly high rarity drop rates if you just want yellow and gold items.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #403 on: September 26, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
What sort of level should you be going there anyway?

In fact, for that matter, at what sort of level should I be considering to clear the places like EoSD in Normal Difficulty? Because when I cleared normal I still got my butt kicked.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #404 on: September 26, 2013, 09:53:56 AM »
The mob level in those areas are 60/105/130.

Danmaku Archers is designed to one-shot you no matter your level, hp or defenses. Once you're comfortable with dying a lot or dodging, you're free to go in. If you can kill stuff, you get the loot.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #405 on: September 26, 2013, 09:58:29 AM »
The mob level in those areas are 60/105/130.

Danmaku Archers is designed to one-shot you no matter your level, hp or defenses. Once you're comfortable with dying a lot or dodging, you're free to go in. If you can kill stuff, you get the loot.

Well that explains why even the Normal version still kicks my butt. A Kensei doesn't really have the ability to dodge the spam... they kinda just run at people.

Also I accidentally sold my Keystone Shield because it decided to un-equip when I died and not drop on my corpse AAAAAH.

I think to beat Tenshi I'm gonna need a hireling as cannon fodder to distract her volcano, because otherwise it just spawns under me, stunlocks me and yeah, and even with 75% Fire Resist I die.

The problem is I keep dying and don't have the gold.

That and I'm still using the weapon I was using from Act5 Normal, and I'm now in Act 4 Lunatic. For that matter, I'm not even sure if I've seen more than 4 Lunarian Swords drop in all of Lunatic.

Might backtrack a bit simply to farm.
===

I just had an idea. I could use my Lunatic re-spec, and spec out of Izunome [Which is giving by far the least damage of my buffs] and instead spec back into a Rank *High 20's* Scarlet Weather Rapture, and then just run around as the far-more-powerful-compared to back when I only just hit Lv 30 SWR rains down. At this point just spamming WCP and hoping for chain reaction procs [Specifically Lv 10 Deep Vortex which deals a metric buttload, the others aren't that impressive anymore] dosen't really cut it against Uniques/Superuniques.

===

And then I see the Lv 25 damage of SWR on impact and think 'Yes. This will do nicely'.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:08:55 AM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #406 on: September 26, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »
You should be able to run Imperishable Night on Normal. You don't have to clear it. The mobs shouldn't be too hard and whatever you get should be fairly profitable.

If you want to respec, use a New Game Token. There's plenty of bonus pieces for you to craft one.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #407 on: September 26, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »
You should be able to run Imperishable Night on Normal. You don't have to clear it. The mobs shouldn't be too hard and whatever you get should be fairly profitable.

If you want to respec, use a New Game Token. There's plenty of bonus pieces for you to craft one.

So *that's* what they do!

The Krve

« Reply #408 on: September 26, 2013, 10:32:35 AM »
Thanks. Where are the Danmaku Archers anyway? I should be able to take 'em on with Aya's Saturahiko Guidance proc cheese.  :derp:

And for some reason if I kill those ice thingies in EoSD (and Flandre) while standing next to them, I will almost always get instagib.
They have a self-destruct sequence or something?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #409 on: September 26, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »
Danmaku Archers is in Suzuran Field.

Some enemies explode on death. The damage is proportional to their hp.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #410 on: September 26, 2013, 10:46:12 AM »
Unless it's undead frenzied rabbits. Then it's just a buttload of damage.

Also I thought you said Uniques were not worth it? I've found a few decent ones while clearing DA Normal [Still doing it and selling most stuff because literally nothing I can use dropped]

Such as a Unique Karakasa with 25% chance for Deadly Strike, and some nice Autumn Shoes which I forgot exactly what they did, but it was something like 2 high chances to proc skills in reaction to being hit, as well as a load of regeneration. Also a Nurse Cap which had procs to 2 of Medicine's moves.

Also I found Infinity again. Except this time I'm actually going to give it to an Act 3 Merc.

That said, I have found some garbage uniques too.

Finally replaced my belt too [Momiji's Tail] which I've had since Act2 Normal :V

EDIT: And then I find the NEET Outfit, with +156% magic find. Yep. That's goin' on the merc.

Edit2: This place is huge and I'm literally picking up and selling everything.
AND THEN I FIND FANTASY AEGIS IN ALL IT'S BROKEN GLORY. [As well as the Unique Cat Paws]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:25:20 AM by Raikaria »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #411 on: September 26, 2013, 12:02:06 PM »
Also I thought you said Uniques were not worth it?
Some are, some aren't. They give different playstyles and can get pretty powerful at late levels with full sockets. They won't be as powerful as rares, but rares won't give you the stats Uniques do, so it's give and take.

Also I found Infinity again. Except this time I'm actually going to give it to an Act 3 Merc.
Act 2 you mean?

AND THEN I FIND FANTASY AEGIS IN ALL IT'S BROKEN GLORY.
The only thing I think is broken about the shield is the proc chance being 75%. 50% would do just fine. Honestly, it isn't completely gamebreaking in comparison to what you'll be doing with your actual skills. Running an N on my Remilia right now, level 6 Fantasy Seal. It happens pretty often, so I can see why it'd be too powerful on melee class probably, but there's no need to completely ruin the skill since the real thing on Reimu's skill tree is arguably trash. It doesn't knock back, doesn't do good damage, isn't good damage at early levels, and doesn't scale at all with many levels. For a level 30 skill, it really isn't useful. If it can't even support other character builds, what can it do?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #412 on: September 26, 2013, 12:39:49 PM »
It can lag your computer.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #413 on: September 26, 2013, 12:46:52 PM »
I thought any Merc could wield any type of weapon :/

Oh well~ had I known that I would have spared a shield+sword combo for the Act 3 merc. Live'n learn. Arc 3 merc is just blasting stuff with Ice anyway.

And a 75% chance on a Kensei for Fantasy Seal is silly, because guess where Kenseis want to be, and what they want to be doing?

The answer is in the middle of the fight, and pounding in your face.

It's probobly pretty good on a Brawler too.

Also my new belt gives me 17% chance for Valley of the Snowdrop. Those ain't viiiines! [But they are awesome, and make me want to bother to level my Yuuka again]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:50:50 PM by Raikaria »

The Krve

« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »
A question : If I have Conviction from Infinity and use Promise of the Wheat God , will they stack ?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #415 on: September 27, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »
They affect different things, so they will stack.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #416 on: September 28, 2013, 12:45:26 PM »
So, I decided to give an Alice a go because I'm ill and can't be asked to do stuff.

Blazing through Act 1 at very high speed, and decided to throw some Yuyuko in.

It's surprisingly fun... and interesting. Whereas in previous builds I just stacked all my skill points into one skill, I'm finding myself actually having to think about what I take next. Every skill point can be spent on an entirely different purpose, not just what makes me do the most damage.

For example, until I hit Lv 12, I had three areas where skills could happily go. I could put more points into Butterfly Lance, for more damage of my own accord. I could get an extra Shanghai doll for another meatsheild, or improve my existing ones by getting more ranks in Dolls. Now I'm Lv 12+, there's also the consideration of Hourai Dolls.

Right now I'm lv 13, with 3 ranks in Butterfly Lance, 3 in Dolls, 3 in Shanghai and 2 in Hourai.

A bit of feedback: Shanghai Dolls' skill says how much damage they deal, but Hourai does not. This should probobly be added.

Can't wait until I have to weigh up Semi-Automation/Little Legion/Dance as well. Tactical decisions are fun!

And two questions:
What exactly improves when you take a rank in Dolls?
Do the doll's stats depend on your dolls at the time of summoning, and then stay static, or change as your dolls amount changes? Right now I pull out a Grimoire when I'm summoning, but since I can't see the stats of the dolls I can't tell.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #417 on: September 28, 2013, 12:53:58 PM »
Hourai Doll never shows damage. The original skill didn't so I can't make it show either.

Dolls skill will improve the hp and defence of Shanghai and Hourai by a percentage per level. It improves the damage of Shanghai by a flat 10 per level.

Summons have their stats set at the time of summoning. The only change that carries over when you swap gear is the max number of summons you can have up and running.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #418 on: September 28, 2013, 06:50:32 PM »
Butterfly Delusion is dumb.

I killed Wriggle in 2 seconds before he could even kill one of my Shanghai dolls with it at Rank 3.

I killed Sanae in about 5 seconds with it at Rank 6. [At least she killed the Shanghai dolls in that time with Onibushina]

I'm not even completely rushing to max the skill. Because it's destroying everything anyway, I can afford to point points elsewhere and still kill Act Bosses before they even hit me.

I guess it's because every butterfly inflicts the listed damage. Which means the '1% per 4 Spirit' is really something like '2.5% per 1 Spirit'. And the base damage is actually 10x higher than the listed amount. [So rank 1 is like, 200 base, atm I guess I'm hitting about 1,200 per cast]

Of course it's not good at quickly clearing mobs, but that's what the cannon fodder... I mean dolls are for. Who cares about using buttloads of mana I just redeem souls after.

I hate to think what I'm going to do to Reimu and Marisa, by which point I should have significantly more Spirit, and more ranks in Delusion.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 06:58:19 PM by Raikaria »

The Krve

« Reply #419 on: September 29, 2013, 12:35:28 AM »
Ah gawd at this rate it will be forever til' I get an Yu rune.  :X

Wonder what Phamtasm!Remilia drops.. ?