Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 223543 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.01
« Reply #330 on: August 30, 2013, 08:52:59 AM »
Not so different from when SA first came out and people kept dying to Rin.

At least they can get to Rin. I can't get past Satori still because I'm bad.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #331 on: August 30, 2013, 02:39:18 PM »

Also the AI of units Yuyuko resurrected seems completely borked. They generally just wander around and do nothing. They don't really follow you, they often die far before their time is up for some reason [Maybe a tether range to Yuyuko? They certainly don't follow her.], and they generally ignore enemies unless they get very close to the resurrected unit.
Can anyone else take a Yuyuko to Lv2 and see if it's just me doing something weird, or if the AI of Resurrection Butterfly is just *really* bad.

IIRC, the AI of Revived monsters in the vanilla game was pretty derpy to begin with, and they do have a nasty tendency to vanish when you get too far away regardless of time left. Try raising very aggressive monsters, or at least ones that wander around aimlessly less. Its a bit more bearable.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #332 on: August 31, 2013, 03:57:05 PM »
Churned out quite a lot today in Act 2 so far. Found no real loot sadly.

- Beat Rin with much difficulty despite Lord Atago's Fire Resist.
- Cleared the whole above ground of Act 2 easily, and then cleared the dungeons one by one.
- Finally hit Lv 18, allowing me to equip the great +54 Purity sword Ichirin made me, while also learning Yorihime's Ice resist skill and World Creation Press.
- Couldn't have come at a better time, as I enter Satori's basement and ICE MAGES.
- World Creation Press is great :D
- Then I die in a massive mob that I stumble into, which includes Sand Raiders, which makes me think, especially with the relative ease of the rest of Act2 compared to the Slums and Orin, that I should have done everything else FIRST. Also, there were like 3 buffed mobs in that mosh pit too.

I'm not sure if it's actually worth leveling World Creation Press, but the stun time *does* seem to get longer, but it's more taxing on my mana to spam it for mobclear, and with my power right now, I can kill whole mobs in 1~2 hits. I could just keep putting points into Yorhime's first 2 skills for more bonuses there, which helps WCP anyway.

EDIT:
Welp,
Spoiler:
Shinki
was an anticlimax. I didn't even realise I was beating her down until the 2nd WCP shockwave hit and killed her :/ I'm not even sure she got to hit me. I've been very quick to adapt to abusing WCP in the narrow confines of Makai. That and Ghoul Lords/Spectres against Lord Atago = hahahahahaha

I got one more route in Makai to adventure in, then I'll sort out the end of Act2.

Edit2: Act 2 finished. The Act2 boss dropped several yellows, including an indestructible Ornate Helm called the Bento Helm, and some Boots with +2 to teleport on them, appropriately called Boots of Travel.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Rin dropped a yellow Heavy Belt that ended up being Momiji's Tail. Giving an additional 15~20 damage per hit on top of all my bonus damage modifiers makes WCP hit ~300 damage right now.

Didn't stop the Act2 Boss taking forever to kill though. Damn cold effect.

But yeah, right now I have somewhere around 70~80 Purity, and Rank 13 in Yorihime's 2nd skill. Then add the fire damage from Lord Atago onto that, and the small amount of bonus damage from World Creation Press, and then make it all a massive cone AoE :V

I'm still 2 hitting mobs at the start of Act3, but I'm done for tonight.

Actually, wait a second.

I chose a ruin entrance at random in Vina, and it seemed that it happened to be the right one, as it led to the boss. However, I didn't find any other exits or anything, which leads me to assume each one is it's own dungeon.

I might go back for an easy EXP run of Makai, before exploring all the 'Mima's Tombs'
I note a suspicious lack of Byakuren at Myouren Temple... which I feel does not bode well.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:37:11 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #333 on: August 31, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »
Byakuren is out resolving the incident like you are.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #334 on: August 31, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »
Byakuren is out resolving the incident like you are.

That's what the Three said at first.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #335 on: August 31, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »
That's what the Three said at first.

I'm sure Byakuren would be smart enough to
Spoiler:
not stick a stone into her head to attempt to contain a prime evil

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #336 on: August 31, 2013, 08:36:18 PM »
There's actually an unresolved thread from the prologue. Marisa gave 3 chests to Rinnosuke. What's inside? Maybe we'll know by v1.10

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #337 on: August 31, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »
There's actually an unresolved thread from the prologue. Marisa gave 3 chests to Rinnosuke. What's inside? Maybe we'll know by v1.10

Oh yeah, I remember that being mentioned somewhere. The readme maybe. IDK. Sounds familiar.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #338 on: August 31, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
SO
How do I kill Sanae? She isn't like Mephisto at all and even if I spam health pots she still get a pretty big chance to instagib me from afar.  :colonveeplusalpha:
I'm in Act 4 right now only because I got lucky bum rushing her.
Aya/Shizuha off-tank.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #339 on: September 01, 2013, 04:23:02 PM »
I made a shiny new Lunarian Sword, using 5 life fragments.

Then I added a socket to my shiny new Lunarian Sword.

Then I added even more lightling damage with said socket with a peach, while adding a LOT of Enlightenment and some Purity.

Despite losing a couple of Purity points, the fact this weapon has massive amounts of lightling damage cause World Creation Press, with my Rank 14 Magic Damage buff active, and Lord Atago active, to be able to hit over 400 damage.

I'm only Lv 23 or 24... that's 1 hitting most foes.

I'm pretty confident at this point that, at least for normal, what amounts to pure Yorihime for massive damage buffs, with World Creation Press for a cheap spam-able AoE is a really strong build.

At least, unless everything spikes in difficulty soon.

If I recall my Purity is in the high 70's now If I really wanted I could probobly push it a bit higher since I have a socket on my Lunarian Gloves, but I don't have many peaches, and I'm expecting better gloves to start dropping soon anyway. Still, when Yori's 2nd skill is adding ~100 magic damage, and gains +1% per Purity, that adds up FAST. I think two skills are giving me 150~250 damage between them, maybe 200~300.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:32:47 PM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #340 on: September 01, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »
Character stat could be stacked up to around 2000 in the versions before release. I estimate the most realistic cap you can get with favourably rolled equips, excluding sockets, should be around the region of 900.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #341 on: September 02, 2013, 12:19:50 AM »
Most builds aren't worth it unless they one shot mobs safely; the viability of a build is tested whenever you enter the next difficulty, where it spikes rather noticeably. Yorihime/Tenshi seems fine, but you'll have to wait until your next difficulty to really see if it works. Lots of things work in Normal.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #342 on: September 02, 2013, 12:54:31 AM »
I forget if this was addressed previously, but just out of curiousity, is the game balanced around /players 8?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #343 on: September 02, 2013, 01:03:54 AM »
/p8 is assumed to be where everyone plays at.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #344 on: September 02, 2013, 08:54:16 AM »
Character stat could be stacked up to around 2000 in the versions before release. I estimate the most realistic cap you can get with favourably rolled equips, excluding sockets, should be around the region of 900.

That's a 900% damage increase on most skills ._. [1800% on Nazrin's and probobly higher on some others]

I thought getting a damage increase in the High 70's was impressive. Because generally a 70% damage boost is quite a lot.

I gotta say, though, that my Yori/Tenshi build was struggling pre- World Creation Press, simply due to lacking any actual skills worth using.

I just hope that Scarlet Weather Rapture is worth using over just spamming WCP. That was the whole plan of the build, Scarlet Weather Rapture and clean up anything left with super-boosted melee.

I just realised between Love Sign: Master Spark, and Scarlet Weather Rapture, emotion-based attacks tend to make big lasers.

Makes me wonder if Parsee can fire a big green envy beam.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:57:40 AM by Raikaria »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #345 on: September 02, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »
I remember Rikter's old character that could walk faster than the map would load when playing online due to absurd amounts of Wind stacking. Fun times.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #346 on: September 02, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
I remember Rikter's old character that could walk faster than the map would load when playing online due to absurd amounts of Wind stacking. Fun times.

But isn't there only 20 ranks of a skill, so Wind only provides up to a 40% boost?

Oh wait, that might be enough in it's own right.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #347 on: September 02, 2013, 10:53:09 AM »
25 levels, 50% stack.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #348 on: September 02, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »
This is my noobness at Diablo 2 showing. I guess that means I got a way to go to max out my magic damage buff on Yorihime. Good thing her later 3 skills are one-point wonders.

Makes me wonder how powerful some other skills get at Rank 25, such as Reimu's Defense buff. Especially as some skills ramp up more and more with each rank compared to the previous [Yori's magic damage buff being one of them] Oh curiosity, thou art a wonderful thing.

But no! I must apply myself and finish normal at least with Yori/Tenshi before my mind wanders to other things!

EDIT: Cleared the Inaba Dungeon, got the plot item, but more importantly, a Lunarian Sword [N] dropped. So I used it and 5 Ice Regents [Point?], as well as two junk gems and a peach that dropped today to make this:

If I swap to the Lightling aura I also got today, I can actually break the 700 barrier, but my damage ranges from the mid 200's to 700. I have over 130 Purity now, and Yori's auras just add insane amounts of damage now. Can't wait to actually get some decent armor and stuff, that body armor I have is still low quality :/

I'll probobly put off getting Tenshi's 4th skill [The Volcano thingy] until 1 level before Scarlet Weather Rapture.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:01:06 PM by Raikaria »

The Krve

« Reply #349 on: September 02, 2013, 03:51:59 PM »
Wait , are there any uniques or runewords that provide level 10+ chance to cast ? Up until now (half way through act V) all I have seen are level 5s, and they get obsolete fast (except Perfect Freeze and curses)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #350 on: September 02, 2013, 04:02:50 PM »
Wait , are there any uniques or runewords that provide level 10+ chance to cast ? Up until now (half way through act V) all I have seen are level 5s, and they get obsolete fast (except Perfect Freeze and curses)

What difficulty are you on and what rank equipment is dropping? I wouldn't be surprised if very high level stuff or X/P ranked items can easily have things like that.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #351 on: September 02, 2013, 04:24:31 PM »
I think the highest proc level is around 15. But keep in mind if a proc mod is on the item, you also get a bit of the character's core skill passive as well to give you some of the character stat for synergy bonus. A slight downside to it is that if you roll a proc that scales off Misfortune or Border then you get the respective penalties too.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #352 on: September 02, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »
I think the highest proc level is around 15. But keep in mind if a proc mod is on the item, you also get a bit of the character's core skill passive as well to give you some of the character stat for synergy bonus. A slight downside to it is that if you roll a proc that scales off Misfortune or Border then you get the respective penalties too.

I dunno, Hermit's 100% fire weakness kinda sucks too.

*Forgets you have +Minoriko stats*
*Fights Rin*
OH GOD IT BURNNNNNSS

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #353 on: September 02, 2013, 06:44:09 PM »
That's a non-issue since proc affixes only spawn from level 30 and up. By that stage you're well past Rin and should be getting into act5. Going into Lunatic, you should already have enough resists to overcome the penalty.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #354 on: September 02, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »
That's a non-issue since proc affixes only spawn from level 30 and up. By that stage you're well past Rin and should be getting into act5. Going into Lunatic, you should already have enough resists to overcome the penalty.

And gold drops are an issue when you just sell 80%+ of your loot anyway and may have Shou's ability? Hermit's downside makes you tailor your build for fire resist heavily.

And what about Hard? [I presume that's the 2nd difficulty]

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #355 on: September 02, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »
Getting resists isn't hard. Crafting armour with the bonus pieces will naturally ensure you have a solid amount of resists.

Easy > Normal > Hard > Lunatic > Extra > Phantasm

The game only comes with 3 difficulty levels

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #356 on: September 02, 2013, 07:46:22 PM »

Australian internet is amazing Dormio

The Krve

« Reply #357 on: September 03, 2013, 01:20:41 AM »
What difficulty are you on and what rank equipment is dropping? I wouldn't be surprised if very high level stuff or X/P ranked items can easily have things like that.
One thing that I notice is that lower tier equipment (E,N) seems to more likely to spawn with procs on them more than the higher tiers(H,L...)
Another is that Ctc on attack doesn't proc on skills that scale on my weapon's damage, only on auto attacks.
AND I can't make rare eqiupments with procs on them with the fragments. (most likely because those resists takes up too much Affixes slot  :colonveeplusalpha:)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2013, 09:21:54 AM »
Rares will always spawn with 4 affixes. The affixes you get from the crafting recipes add onto those 4.

Proc on attack happens when you swing the weapon at an enemy. Proc on hit happens when an attack lands and trigger off any skill that carries weapon damage.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #359 on: September 05, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »
Welp. I cleared Normal with my Yorihime/Tenshi build.

Act 5 made me level up VERY quickly, so much that I was Lv 45 at the end of it.

I managed to pick up a ring that give me a chance to cast 'Wind God's Fan' on striking, and very quickly found that unlike all the other 'On Striking' enchants I had, such as 'Chance to cast Falling Leaves of Madness' and 'Chance to cause Biorythm of the Misfortune God', this one procced on World Creation Press's shockwaves, and itself, which lead some some hilarious chain reactions at times clearing entire rooms of mobs.

Anyway, using the combination of Biorythm/Falling Leaves/Wind God's Fan/Lightling Aura procs, I basically tanked Marisa and killed her effortlessly with normal attacks, lifestealing huge amounts, especially when I have massive attack boosts from my skills. With that, Normal mode is complete with my Yorihime/Tenshi build.

My skill tree at Lv 45 was:
Purity: 1
Izunome : 11
Amaterasu Oomikamki: 25 [Max]
Lord Atago: 1
Ame no Uzume no Mikuto: 1
Lord Hinoikazuchi: 1

Enlightenment: 1
Non-perception "Sword of Rapture": 1
Earth Sign "Sword of Unletting Soil": 1
Keystone "World Creation Press": 1
Heaven & Earth "Violent Motherland": 1
Weather "Scarlet Weather Rhapsody": 5

In the end, I'm probobly going to respec, and leave Tenshi's tree at World Creation Press, and invest in Flandre's tree for Taboo "Lavatein", so that I can basically double-enchant my weapon for massive bonus damage. I'm not sure how Q.E.D compares to WCP, but WCP isn't explicity Fire-Element, and has the stun, so I'll probobly leave it there. Scarlet Weather Rhapsody just hasn't been useful, I tend to not get into the middle of mobs, I lead them to chase me and then WCP them.

Also, I now break 700 damage with Atago active, and have 900 max damage with the Lightning Enchant.

I am debating if I should move onto Lunatic, farm more on Normal first, or try a different character out.

Also I think my character is pretty safe from immunities. As it stands, my damage base is partially physical, partially magical, and partially Fire/Ice/Lightning of my choosing. Once I get Taboo "Lavatein", it'll be partly physical, partly magical, partly fire, and partly *insert element here*. I'd enchant my weapon with poison, but poison is honestly pretty redundant when you hit as hard as I do  :/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:40:14 PM by Raikaria »