Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 223474 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.01
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2013, 02:08:34 PM »
I read through the thread and overheard there is a way to transfer items or something, unless I misread.

Considering I keep finding good equips of everything except what I am currently using, that would be interesting. Hell, I got a +14 Border Yellow Detached Sleeves to drop at one point just now on a Yorihime build I'm trying out right now, which would have been a godsend on the Reimu build I was using.

Although I did manage to get a +27 Purity Lunarian Blade in the shop, and then it unlocked another +load of Purity, putting my in the high 30's on Purity at only Lv11 [The highest I've got any character so far in these 'test general playstyle' tests is 12, and oddly each time I get a higher level before a certain point. My Tewi was 12 just before Flandre, this Yorihime build is 11 just after Remi]. I also have a +77% damage Lunarian blade which dropped, and requires Lv 12, and it unlocked a large amount of Purity. Of course, I'm not even sure if +77% damage on the weapon is worth losing the extra purity, as it's the difference between getting Crit and not, and also a large chunk off the bonus Magic Damage, and Fire Damage next level I'll be gaining when I put a point into Yorhime's Fire Aura.

I'm only Lv 11, but right now, with my +Magic Damage buff on, I'm hitting something like 50~66, because I have about 38 Purity and the highest rank +magic damage I could get at this point, giving me quite a lot of extra damage. [As well as the base extra from Yori's first skill]

Which is weird, I'm having no issues coming across Purity, but I had huge issues coming across Border stats, despite Miko armor seeming to drop a *lot* earlier than Kensei armor. [I've not even found Kensei armor, I've found Tengu Shields, however.] I blame the Lunarian Blades.

Gotta say though, I don't see much point in getting Yorihime's last 2 skills, unless you want clutch Cold/Lightling resist or damage to work around weaknesses... that said, I plan to go Yori/Tenshi, so maybe I should just get 1 aura point in Fire and then get Lightning or Cold to diversify my damage. After all, gives me a workaround when 'FIRE IMMUNE' happens.

And by Yori/Tenshi I mean 'Scarlet Weather + Yorihime buffs'. I'm not sure if it'll wind up better for me to use a Celestial Sword or a Lunarian Sword.

Also, screw Cold Enchanted Archers. Such a pain.

===

Also I would totally love to make a Minoriko + [Whatever I feel like, maybe Aya simply for FAST] specifically for parties since it's possible to have them. I like playing supporty characters.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:14:08 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #271 on: August 25, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »
Use whichever sword gives you more non-fire damage. I'm sure SWR carries a bit of weapon damage.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »
Use whichever sword gives you more non-fire damage. I'm sure SWR carries a bit of weapon damage.

It's also weighing that up with the Enlightenment v Purity stats, and the slightly higher base damages on Celestial Swords.

That said, I'm quite a way from SWR.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #273 on: August 25, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »
Oh yeah, here's a question:

What type of character/build is everyone playing right now/had the most fun overall using?

Going with my Kogasa right now, she's pretty tanky, but wasn't tanky enough to not get oneshot by Sanae ;_;. Anyways, near the end of normal mode you start getting access to items that can really empower your character regardless of build, saving up some runes for certain great runewords helps a lot too, stuff feels a lot faster and smoother around there, usually. I'm not sure, but with how things are looking right now, any character should be able to do fairly well in the game dungeons if they get the right items (thinking basically something that casts biorhythm/pain flow on striking and a set of items or weapon+shield stuffed full of afterlife coins to break immunities).
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #274 on: August 25, 2013, 04:57:35 PM »
Speaking as the guy who helped Pesco create the skill system:

The intention with having the central skills be support oriented was so that every build, regardless of where your putting your skill points, would have access to fairly useful and utilitarian skills. Hina's curses and Mystia's shouts are all very useful even in solo play and in fact, for one of Warlock's formerly strongest builds, Hina was actually integral to the build because Orin/Yamame only has two damage types and its vital to be able to remove immunities.

There's also nothing stopping you from just putting one point in the central tree and just leaving it, as I feel many builds do. The point with the central skills was to give access to everyone, not to force any decisions, and in addition the class quirks are based on the central skill to begin with. (Massive minus magic find for Hina and massive minus gold find for Reimu, for example)
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #275 on: August 25, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »
Amra streaming with commentary by me/others on teamspeak atm http://www.twitch.tv/amraphenson

He asked me to post it

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #276 on: August 25, 2013, 06:15:33 PM »
Oh yeah, here's a question:

What type of character/build is everyone playing right now/had the most fun overall using?

Currently finishing up Phantasm with a Marisa/Letty/Patchy combo. Marisa for her spark, damage reduce, mana regen skills, Letty for the cold aura and an ice skill and Patchy for defence skill and Royal Flare.

Also running a Momiji build at the moment as well. Was supposed to be running that with Exxel and some others but it sounds like he's running ahead of us without us.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2013, 06:19:57 PM »
I used and will be using Hina/Yamame/Orin. Really nice mix of summons, spells, mobility, and debuffs. Cat's Walk from Orin lets me teleport around, Blazing Wheels are great, Miasma hurts like seventeen trucks, and Hina debuffs+spider aura means I can generally hurt anything even if I'm using poison/fire.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2013, 06:52:21 PM »
Speaking as the guy who helped Pesco create the skill system:

The intention with having the central skills be support oriented was so that every build, regardless of where your putting your skill points, would have access to fairly useful and utilitarian skills. Hina's curses and Mystia's shouts are all very useful even in solo play and in fact, for one of Warlock's formerly strongest builds, Hina was actually integral to the build because Orin/Yamame only has two damage types and its vital to be able to remove immunities.

There's also nothing stopping you from just putting one point in the central tree and just leaving it, as I feel many builds do. The point with the central skills was to give access to everyone, not to force any decisions, and in addition the class quirks are based on the central skill to begin with. (Massive minus magic find for Hina and massive minus gold find for Reimu, for example)

Oh I never said Hina felt useless. Hina looks like one of the better core trees. It's probobly not able to standalone that well, but well, Standalone Minoriko or Mystia seem even worse.

On the other hand, I still think playing standalone Minoriko [Or Minoriko with a little Aya or Yuuka so I have some defense. Not sure if Aya for FAST or Yuuka for plants] in a party with some of you guys would be hilarious as I just throw out 1,000 apples and don't even really care about equipment too much because I'm just lobbing apples.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:00:46 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #279 on: August 25, 2013, 07:12:19 PM »
My current build project is more or less pure Nazrin Gold Rush, only finishing up normal at the moment.
I'm not certain how I will fare in higher difficulties, but aside from a bit of trouble with story Sanae's procs (Oh god, onibishara)  the normal melee trouble with Reimu, and RIN, it seems pretty stable so far. You have good single target in even casually applied points of Rare Metal Detector once you start stacking Dowsing, and if lightning rng is with you, hilarious area damage and good control.
Unfortunately for Ms. Mouse, her ability of meshing with other trees is variable at best. Tewi isnt bad at all if you need some hit and run damage but you're probably better off darting in and out until you get charges and use your own, probably stronger AoE. Chen's speedy skill is fun too, but its up to you how many points to spend. Meiling's finishers are a good charge burn if you have equipment to spare but I am lazy and just use Nazrin Rod.

Exxelent_

• The worst of the worst.
« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2013, 11:43:19 PM »
Was supposed to be running that with Exxel and some others but it sounds like he's running ahead of us without us.

Aha.. Yeah, sorry about that. But you'll be happy to know I completely smashed Act 5! And the Lunatic act one is going fine thus far~
The melee build is really fun, I'm glad it got some buffs and tweaks.

highzealot

Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2013, 01:55:03 AM »
I have no idea how to get Ya, Yu, Yo, Wa, Wi or Wo runes. Is it just randomly dropped from any enemy? Do I need to farm a certain enemy? Do I need to brave a bonus dungeon multiple times? Some hope would really be appreciated.

If you were over level 100 then I made need to lower the item level of the sets so that they can be upgraded in the cube.

Also, if I'm reading this right, if I even get any of those runes I shouldn't try to convert the uniques which are obviously part of a set into set items? Asking since I just cleared the EoSD bonus dungeon in Phantasm at level 127-128 (leveled up during it).

/Edit: Dear Ran in PCB Bonus Dungeon, screw you, I'll give up.....for now.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:09:08 AM by highzealot »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »
The high end runes will drop from any high enough leveled enemy. I'll test if the cube recipe is really broken or not. Why I might have to lower the item level is because the cube will only create items up to ilvl 99. If the sets are ilvl 100 then you can't spawn them anywhere.

Could you post me a screenshot of the set uniques though? I think the game might have just given you the magic mods of the set item anyway.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2013, 10:38:32 AM »
Well, my Yorihime build just cleared Act I. Despite the massive weakness to poison, Flan wasn't hard at all, I just wailed on her. Patchouli was honestly far, far harder, and actually killed me twice.

And now I'm on Act 2, and received a quest about 'Rin'.

Oh how I've heard about Orin killing people in this thread already. I assume most of her damage is fire based, so I'll have resistance to it at least.

Also finally found some Kensei armor, although no gloves or boots yet. I think I've found every other type of armor. I've also only found 2 Kensei armors, the one I'm using being Etheral. Huge Defense difference between the Ice Wings and Crystal Wings. My Purity is still sitting at the same point it was before.

Also I find it a little odd that Utusho doesn't sell the Hermit Equipment, seeing as, you know :V

« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »

This is a cubed Cherry Blossom, doesn't seem to do anything at all, going through the stat tabs. I'll try to cube together Youmu's set and see if you can at least make the charm out of the items (but i guess that won't work either, but I can confirm that the actual sets do work). And also, the actual green set items don't seem to drop at all anymore. And Cirno seems to drop her stuff 100% of the time (always the charm and a random non-green set item), but I've yet to see a single special (charm/set item) drop from either MoF or UFO.

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »
Cubing the items into the reward charm should work because the charm is coded as an unique and the recipe checks for base item, not whether it's set or not.

MoF has the bosses preplaced by the map and UFO has them as random spawns. If anything, MoF should generate drops like EoSD does.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2013, 10:57:45 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Flan dropped this:

This is easily the best thing I have ever found and I am rubbing my hands with glee if loot gets even more awesome than this.

Although idk what aura 'conviction' is.

Of course I ended up selling it because I lose my Shield and about 30 Purity when I equip it, so the damage is actually far, far lower.

Also, Tenshi's 2nd skill seems broken. It just kinda passes through things, and doesn't seem to do damage except on rare occasions where maybe one mob will grunt. I might be using it wrong though. [I only unlocked them as pre-reqs for SWR later though, and maybe her 3rd skill.]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:06:34 AM by Raikaria »

Exxelent_

« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »

It's a vanilla paladin aura that increases defense and magic resistance if I remember correctly. Odd that it's in the LoM mod.

Captain Infinity

• Captain of Echo Platoon, 3rd Battalion.
  • To bring chaos and honor to this world gone soft.
« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2013, 11:12:47 AM »

This is easily the best thing I have ever found and I am rubbing my hands with glee if loot gets even more awesome than this.

Of course I ended up selling it because I lose my Shield and about 30 Purity when I equip it, so the damage is actually far, far lower.

You bastard.

EDIT: Vanilla conviction aura lowered enemy cold, fire and lightning resistances as well as defense. If you didn't know, Infinity was a rune word back in vanilla for pole arms (Ber Mal Ber Ist) and the effects it had were pretty much what's there. Pesco kept it and nerfed it because he's a bastard too.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:16:39 AM by Captain Infinity »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2013, 11:15:07 AM »
Of course I ended up selling it
You bastard.
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2013, 11:15:57 AM »
Cubing the items into the reward charm should work because the charm is coded as an unique and the recipe checks for base item, not whether it's set or not.

MoF has the bosses preplaced by the map and UFO has them as random spawns. If anything, MoF should generate drops like EoSD does.

Yep, it works fine.

Welp, MoF has never ever dropped any of the special items for me, while I have several completed sets from the other dungeons, and I have run MoF just as often. Also Yuyuko doesn't drop anything either. Like, she doesn't seem to drop items at all.

You should have kept it for other characters, using that weapon from level 5 makes early leveling a breeze :3

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #291 on: August 26, 2013, 11:21:58 AM »
Another detail about Infinity is that it was easily the best weapon for act2 mercs.

Does anyone find themselves losing hp (like poison ticks effect) when debuffed with reduced stats? Let's just pretend it's an intended effect :V
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:55:22 PM by Pesco »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #292 on: August 26, 2013, 02:33:37 PM »
You should have kept it for other characters, using that weapon from level 5 makes early leveling a breeze :3

But I don't know how to give those weapons to other characters. D: I can't find any way to transfer items at all.

EDIT: Beat Rin, only died once. Got the 2nd mission of Arc 2 from nowhere, and the final mission? Wat happened to 3~5? Did I break something? Also I thought I was supposed to be allowed into Satori's house after beating Rin. Anyway, I'm a little confused as to why suddenly Makai is connected to the Underground, and even more confuzzled as to why the Garden of the Sun is down here, but WHO CARES KILL ALL THE MOBS.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:07:06 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #293 on: August 26, 2013, 07:24:44 PM »

Does anyone find themselves losing hp (like poison ticks effect) when debuffed with reduced stats? Let's just pretend it's an intended effect :V
Oh god, I thought that WAS intentional, or some sort of poison glitch. It can get kind of hairy in a pack but its not insurmountable. :p

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #294 on: August 26, 2013, 07:28:35 PM »
Anyway, I'm a little confused as to why suddenly Makai is connected to the Underground, and even more confuzzled as to why the Garden of the Sun is down here, but WHO CARES KILL ALL THE MOBS.

The geography of Gensokyo doesn't need to get in the way of STORY :V

« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2013, 07:34:48 PM »
Another detail about Infinity is that it was easily the best weapon for act2 mercs.

I thought you mentioned something like "damage regen" among the names of the debuffs earlier, I figured it was hurting my life regen like Yuyuko's aura, or something.

But I don't know how to give those weapons to other characters. D: I can't find any way to transfer items at all.

EDIT: Beat Rin, only died once. Got the 2nd mission of Arc 2 from nowhere, and the final mission? Wat happened to 3~5? Did I break something? Also I thought I was supposed to be allowed into Satori's house after beating Rin. Anyway, I'm a little confused as to why suddenly Makai is connected to the Underground, and even more confuzzled as to why the Garden of the Sun is down here, but WHO CARES KILL ALL THE MOBS.

You need to play using the PlugY mod to be able to transfer items via the shared stash that comes with that. Oh and the quests supposed to be like that, you get the final quest since you need to collect stuff for it, even though you can't finish it before going through the whole act.

Also looking through my characters I remembered the best and funnest build! Panda Kigurumi Sakuya/Suika: panda kigurumi for insane attack and cast speed for free, and misdirection for movement, and qi of oni for invulnerability! Nothing can go wrong!

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2013, 07:49:04 PM »
You make me want to create a Panda Kigurumi item just for playing the whole game as a panda.

« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
You make me want to create a Panda Kigurumi item just for playing the whole game as a panda.

Eh, the E-tier outfit is usable from early levels, so it's not a huge deal :3

Immortal Momiji!

highzealot

« Reply #298 on: August 27, 2013, 04:01:26 AM »
So I finally got the KaNaKoYaSaKa runeword in my armour. Got the skills and boosts and stuff and also carrying a SaNaE broom as well. Now what I'm having a problem with is figuring out why I can't summon Kanako.

Exxelent_

« Reply #299 on: August 27, 2013, 07:37:04 AM »
Finally found a unique that I can actually use.

+Attack speed and a nice helping of Sakura? Yes please.  :3