Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 223478 times)

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2013, 04:56:29 PM »
OH GOD EXPLOSIONS and then the boss is dead.
Oh, I see. So Kanako is the reason you've stayed alive. She must be supremely good. I'll have to give her a go later then. I did have a Javazon with that skill, but never really was into that kind of playstyle though. :V I prefer just going into the crowd and wrecking shop with or without my minions. If they die, then I either blame it on their AI (which isn't smart, lemmy tell you), or my inability to pick stuff for them to wear to survive longer.
(No amount of "But will it blend?" saves them from my recklessness ;D)

And that hair is for something which doesn't really fit on the board. If you want to know more about it then it would have to be via PMs.
Meh. I just saw it and recognized it as her. Doesn't bother me if I know or not... sorta. (for now anyway) I'm a curious bastard (knowing me), so if curiosity does end up getting the better of me, (which it possibly will), I'll throw ya a PM about it. ;)

PS : Danmaku Archers!

« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2013, 09:01:13 PM »

OHKO Genji's kids by Kanako on Players 8

KO Marisa from 50% by Kanako on Players 8

This time, though, I could see what happened.
It seems there is a bug in one of the skills that raises other skills's proc chance.
Then, skills that can trigger a skill to fire if it hits a wall OR an enemy
(Think Amazon's Lightning Fury + Pierce)...
Except that the trigger is the object it spawns, creating a loop until the target is dead. Marisa lasted about 0.5 sec in the spamwave that blasted her to 0.
The white square+Circles are what I think to be Minamitsu's Drowning Sign: Deep Vortex.
I think there's about 20 of them stacked onto each other.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »
The transparency doesn't look like it can be a Minamitsu skill. Though Kanako spawning with armour that procs that stuff looks plausible I'd guess.

« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »

This is the skill she was proc-ing, and how it causes the transparency issues.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2013, 05:48:50 PM »
Jesus, Kanako looks broken as hell. xD
I WISH MY CHARACTERS WERE THAT BROKEN

I went through ALL the Danmaku Archers! (..on Normal)
Found the Netherlands.. but.. kind of confused at what it was supposed to be. The names gave me a giggle though. ;P

Also, uhm.. On attachment.
PAD-Chou [E}
Yeah. Figured that wasn't intentional. ::)

Edit :
Apparently.. Okuu's Explosion Sign "Petit Flare" is not fire based. Fire damage 15-26. Nope. Totally not fire based.
That.. or Carina Nebula's +1 to fire skills doesn't work.
[/Edit]
Carina Nebula [E] does not give +1 to fire skills, but [N] DOES work. Other unique items might have broken mechanics too. Hell of a search party, huh?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:11:54 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2013, 06:48:39 PM »
The random proc equipment really defines this mod to me since it was released. Get any equipment with a chance to cast charged bolt on striking and since charged bolts hitting an enemy counts as striking it will continiously loop until there are no more targets. It gets much stronger/faster if you have multiple items with various on striking procs.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2013, 09:12:50 PM »
As a proper and just necromance, I think this would be a good time to post some useful information for anyone still interested.

The mod is NOT dead! Thank Pesco. :V
I'm definitely around and working on it.

I don't know how many people here are still interested, or if it's only me, but as I've spent years of my life playing Diablo 2, all the way back when it was just myself and my father, back to when I got into battle.net later, to when I would go online with my friends now, to Diablo 3, and now with my Touhou interest (see: obsession), I am still looking forward to absolutely everything this mod will bring, and am already trying to get one of my friends to reinstall his D2 1.13d into c so he can play as well.

With that, I bring you, in steed of Pesco (whom has allowed me to discuss changes to the game that aren't currently at a release standpoint), a release log of so far.

Here's a partial changelog for the next update you can discuss in the thread too.

General
Fixed Death Sign "Scythe of Final Judgement" procs killing the player.
Story Rin fire zombies' proc skills scaling reduced.
Story Sanae's proc skills levels decreased.
Story Reimu's proc skill stun duration scaling decreased.
Dialogue typos corrected.

Oni Brawler
Vocal Sign "Hooting in the Night" mana cost and scaling decreased.
Toxin Sign "Poisonous Moth's Scales" mana cost and scaling decreased.
Bird Sign "Mysterious Song" mana cost and scaling decreased.
Night-Blindness "Song of the Night Sparrow" description corrected.
Night Sparrow "Midnight Chorus Master" mana cost and scaling decreased.
Barrage "King Kraken Strike" synergy scaling increased.
Harbor Sign "Phantom Ship Harbor" description info corrected and rescaled.
Drowning Sign "Deep Vortex" remade.
Light Oni "Adamant Helix" synergy scaling increased.
Shackles Sign "Shackles a Criminal Can't Take Off" stun duration scaling decreased and poison duration scaling added.
Four Devas Arcanum "Knock Out In Three Steps" synergy scaling increased and overlay changed.
Illusion Ghost "Jack the Ludo Bile" synergy scaling increased.
Speed Sign "Luminous Rocket" synergy scaling increased.

Voile Fairy
Moon Sign "Silent Selene" synergy scaling reduced.
Fire Water Wood Metal Earth Sign "Philosopher's Stone" missile speed reduced.
Electric Sign "Thunder Drum Shot" synergy scaling increased.
Star Light "Light Dragon's Sigh" synergy scaling increased.
Lightning Fish "Swimming Thunder Shot" synergy scaling reduced.
Immortal "Fire Bird -Flying Phoenix-" targeting check added.
Deathless "Xu Fu's Dimension" synergy scaling increased.
"Possessed by Phoenix" synergy scaling decreased.
Magic Sign "Stardust Reverie" synergy scaling decreased.
Light Blast "Shoot the Moon" synergy scaling decreased.
Love Sign "Master Spark" synergy scaling decreased.
Confusion "Into Delirium" synergy scaling increased.
Poison Sign "Melancholy Poison" synergy scaling decreased.
Poison Sign "Poison Breath" synergy scaling decreased.
White Sign "Undulation Ray" synergy scaling decreased.
Cold Sign "Lingering Cold" synergy scaling decreased.
Mystic Sign "Table-Turning" synergy scaling decreased.
Winter Sign "Northern Winner" synergy scaling decreased.
Cold Sign "Cold Snap" synergy scaling decreased and missile speed reduced.

Spirit Hermit
Flower Field "Garden of the Sun" cooldown increased.
Autumn Sign "The Autumn Sky and a Maiden's Sleep" synergy scaling increased.
Leaf Sign "Falling Leaves of Madness" synergy scaling increased.
Autumn Sign "Falling Blast" synergy scaling increased.
Drown "Trauma in the Glimmering Depths" synergy scaling increased.
Kappa "Spin the Cephalic Plate" synergy scaling increased.
Whirl Sign "Maple Leaf Fan" synergy scaling increased.
Tornado "Indication to the Divine" synergy scaling increased.
Squall "Sarutahiko's Guidance" synergy scaling increased.
Demonic Beast "Sickle Weasel Veiling" synergy scaling increased.

Youkai Hunter
Brilliance "Rainbow Brilliance Palm" bonus damage synergy added.
Unidentified "Rainbow UFO Invasion of Terror" synergy scaling increased.
Nue Sign "Danmaku Chimera" synergy scaling increased.
Monster Train "Spare Umbrella Express Night Carnival" synergy scaling increased.
Umbrella "Super-Water Repelling Bone-Dry Monster" synergy scaling increased.
Search Sign "Rare Metal Detector" synergy scaling increased.
Rod Sign "Nazrin Rod" synergy scaling increased.
Defense Sign "Pendulum Guard" synergy scaling increased.
Treasure "Gold Rush" synergy scaling increased.

Phantom Kensei
Amaterasu Oomikamki mana cost and scaling decreased.
Lord Atago synergy scaling increased.
Ame no Uzume no Mikoto synergy scaling increased.
Lord Honoikazuchi synergy scaling increased.
Obsessor "Slash of the Eternity" synergy scaling increased.
Hell Realm Sword "200 Yojana in 1 Slash" synergy scaling increased.
Deva God Sword "Components of Konpaku" synergy scaling increased.
Freeze Sign "Perfect Freeze" synergy scaling increased and cooldown increased.
Frost Sign "Frost Columns" synergy scaling increased.
Ice Sign "Sword Freezer" synergy scaling increased.
Taboo "Forbidden Fruit" remade.

Human Miko
Dream Sign "Persuasion Needle" synergy scaling reduced.
Dream Sign "Evil-Sealing Circle" synergy scaling reduced.
Spirit Sign "Fantasy Seal -Spread-" synergy scaling reduced, cooldown increased and animation adjusted.
Good Omen "Cloudy Way in Purple" synergy scaling increased.
Light Magic "Star Maelstrom" synergy scaling increased.
Tiger Sign "Hungry Tiger" synergy scaling increased.
Jeweled Pagoda "Radiant Treasure Gun" synergy scaling increased.
Buddhist Art "Most Valuable Vajra" synergy scaling increased.
Light Sign "Demon of Purification" synergy scaling increased.
Critical "Heart Break" synergy scaling increased.
Divine Spear "Spear the Gungnir" synergy scaling increased.
Scarlet Sign "Red the Nightless Castle" synergy scaling increased.
Snake Sign "Orochi of Ancient Times" magic item level scaling reduced.
Great Miracle "Yasaka's Divine Wind" synergy scaling reduced.

Kasha Warlock
Butterfly Sign "Death Lance
" synergy scaling decreased.
Flowery Soul "Butterfly Delusion" synergy scaling decreased.
Cat Sign "Cat's Walk" cooldown added.
Youkai "Blazing Wheel" proc skills synergy scaling reduced and cooldown increased.
Miasma Sign "Filled Miasma" synergy scaling reduced and cooldown increased.

Items
2-handed weapons base damage increased.
Item-level socket limits removed.
Flandre set bonus adjusted.
Alice set boots sprite fixed.
Character stat spawning changed from automagic to recipe upgrade.
Set items spawn level decreased.
Cube recipe to upgrade base items of set items added.
Cube recipe to craft reward charms added.

From the looks of it, melee classes are getting a buff, so all of you who said melee classes needed love, It sure looks like you're going to get it. I'm looking forward to the possible (?) ability to add ALL the sockets to a low level item as well as the craft reward charms. I'm curious if there was ever implemented the items for in-game that are dedicated to users who helped test and report problems with the test version of it. If you've any ideas, or already implemented them and I just need to find them maybe.. or if not, that's ok too. The mod itself is amazing enough.

Also, automagic to recipe upgrade? Sounds impressive. Seems to me like you find items naturally, and upgrade it from whatever it currently is, then it will gain character stats based on the item (?) or the player (?) or both (:V). Just like ARF said (pretty sure that's Stuffman), the random proc equipment define the mod, and when you get procs you can use from other classes, you'll want to be able to make items with different characters that give + stats to the skill you're using. It's looking really good so far, and.. uh..

DISCUSSION GET!

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2013, 09:34:36 PM »
YES! UPDATE IN SIGHT!

Lets see, Master Spark nerf, Blazing Wheel nerf and Cat's Walk nerf. GOD DAMNIT! I understand that those nerfs are a good idea but by Emperor, I liked being god like.  :ohdear:

I also never knew there were item-level sockets limits and I'll see how I feel about recipe upgrade for character stats. I have good hopes for that though

Now something I need to ask is how exactly runewords work. I assumed it works like in vanilla so I made a mistake when trying to make it. So, first, I had the runes, Ma+Ri+Sa+Ze, a low quality non-magic broom that grave +78 to danmaku stat and 4 jewels. I tried to give 4 sockets to the broom but only got 3. Wasn't sure if that was because broom only allows 3 or if it had to do with item-level sockets limits. I put the runes, Ma+Ri+Sa into the broom in that order and it didn't appear to have applied any Runeword effects. I should have taken screenshots but instead, I just unsocketed it and got the runes back for 3 perfect gems and 1 portal scroll and 1 identify scroll. I was fairly sure I should have gotten Runeword effects on that broom. My character is primarily Marisa and at that point I didn't realise that I can only get +3 for Voile Fairy skills and Runewords were meant to give skills from one class to another class.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2013, 10:11:42 PM »
A lot of the ranged attacks were pretty overpowered. I mean.. I had to /players 8 for challenging gameplay that I SHOULD be getting from /players 1.

Low level items have socket limits at the moment, it's not 100% equivalent, but most of the time you'll find [E] with 1 socket, [N] with 2, [H] with 3, etc. Remember that the tiers of items tend to have similar item levels as the socket limits.
Some items will have a different socket count from the item tier, so I will always suggest keeping every single jewel you find. Using the maximum socket count on one item is the only current way to guarantee you get the maximum sockets on that item.

As to the rune word, they do NOT work on items for that class. You cannot make a MarisaZe runeword on a broom. It won't work. It only works on items that aren't for the class it gives stats for. (it should work for other class specific items as far as I can remember, but don't quote me on that. It's been a very long time.)

It's all covered in the readme the mod comes with, you might want to give that a read. I mean, the name should give it away. Some of it is worded a bit weird, though so if there's something you don't understand it's totally ok to ask :)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2013, 10:47:52 PM »
All non-unique/set items will spawn as 'locked', even magic items. Use the cube to unlock them. This was the workaround to fix character stats not spawning on certain items. Getting character stats this way does 3 things: guarantees the item to give stats for the character it's associated with, grants a chance for the character stats of a related (build) character to appear and third, forces players to upgrade the tier of their equipment. [E] tier items will never spawn character stats higher than a particular value. Only the tier higher will provide something better.

As you can see from the partial changelog, spells are all getting a pretty big nerf in terms of their scaling. The change in availability of character stat on items will also start limiting you in how much stat you can stack up. All melee skills got buffed in their scaling to make them more viable. Again, it's not perfect but I can always fix things in the form of further updates.

Surprise recipient of buffs
Spoiler:
...mercs...
Spoiler:
All mercs got given more attribute growth and new skills. Their AI have been adjusted to use their skills very frequently. All non-class-specific gear can also be unlocked, these spawn the unique stat for mercs. All merc skills gain synergy bonus from these stats. Mercs are very capable of killing stuff now but they still need to be looked after.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:08:06 PM by Pesco »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2013, 11:59:03 PM »
The ride never ends.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2013, 01:10:34 PM »

« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2013, 07:00:20 PM »
Melee love~
Its been a while since I played since I'm bad at creating specs that actually work. And they tended to be melee so you know how that goes. Recently I've started again and I'm glad to see all the care that continues to go into this project, which is great because I forgot how addicting it was.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2013, 09:52:31 PM »
Oh man.. those mercs.

Is Halgaunt a party member of yours or the name of a merc? Speaking of mercs.. perhaps they should have more touhou..ish.. names? I always try to get Kyoko on act 1 because..

well.. I don't know. She can have both fire and ice arrow, so it never mattered to me. She was decently powerful but her bow made her worth a damn, so the name is sort of everything to me. They look amazing so far, though. Can't wait to see what they do and how useful they'll be.

The ride never ends.
If this mod is a ride, I never want to get off :D
That was such a fun game by the way. Baloons and hotdogs for everyone xD

highzealot

« Reply #224 on: August 18, 2013, 11:45:15 PM »
Now I regret giving up on mercs and selling my act 2 merc gear I spent a fortune gambling for.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2013, 09:04:56 AM »
Yeah names for mercs are needed too. There's a list that the game chooses from. Post me what names you guys want and that's what they'll be called.

Act 1: 41 names
Act 2: 21 names
Act 3: 20 names
Act 5: 67 names

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2013, 12:22:15 AM »
Oh good lord 149 names..?

Uhm. I know how the name works and being irrelevant what matches with what, but is it possible to force a name to be only a certain type, like example.. making Act 1 merc's Kyoko spawn only ice arrow? If forcing names with skills is available, we could make fan-based stuff like the different element cirnos and etc.

If we can't force the names, then I don't really know exactly what kind of names we should have since most of the main Touhou characters are already sitting around in-game anyway. Totally was not prepared for that many. xD

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2013, 07:52:12 AM »
Names can't be assigned and all known Touhou characters appear in some form or other in the game already.

Edit: It may be possible to make it so some names have a better chance of being assigned to a particular type of merc. In that case, act1 has 2 merc types, act2 has 3 types, act3 has 3 types and act5 only has 1 type.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:52:50 AM by Pesco »

highzealot

« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2013, 01:33:20 AM »
Have to ask, when downgrading an item to normal for use with Runewords, the item will come out locked right? Wouldn't want to find a [P] level magic or rare item, downgrade it to normal and find out it spawned with no character stats since it wasn't locked.

Also, hope I'm not being rude for asking for an ETA but ummm, ETA for the patch?

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2013, 02:05:23 AM »
Also, hope I'm not being rude for asking for an ETA but ummm, ETA for the patch?
So much do I want to say When It's done but I actually am curious how far Pesco is doing on the patch myself. ETA is probably something you won't get an answer to because even Pesco won't know that. What we may be able to ask is how much of the patch is done, or how much more does he plan to put into it. :)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2013, 10:07:03 AM »
Locked is treated as an affix. Any recipe that rerolls the base item will spawn it as locked and you can unlock it at any time.

The update should be ready later today. I got messaged about what info to put into the wiki pages. I need to complete the update so that the latest info gets put up.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:12:56 PM by Pesco »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »
Ver 1.01 - 41403 kb - 22-08-2013

General
Fixed Death Sign "Scythe of Final Judgement" procs killing the player.
Story Rin fire zombies' proc skills scaling reduced.
Story Sanae's proc skills chance and levels decreased.
Story Reimu's proc skill stun duration scaling and chance decreased.
Story Yuuka's name corrected.
Dialogue typos corrected.
Enemy scaling reduced slightly.
Mercs scaling increased.
Mercs given new skills.
Merc unique stat added.
Retaliation speed debuff reduced.
Health potion regen fixed.

Oni Brawler
Vocal Sign "Hooting in the Night" mana cost and scaling decreased.
Toxin Sign "Poisonous Moth's Scales" mana cost and scaling decreased.
Bird Sign "Mysterious Song" mana cost and scaling decreased.
Night-Blindness "Song of the Night Sparrow" description corrected.
Night Sparrow "Midnight Chorus Master" mana cost and scaling decreased.
Barrage "King Kraken Strike" synergy scaling increased.
Harbor Sign "Phantom Ship Harbor" description info corrected and rescaled.
Drowning Sign "Deep Vortex" remade.
Light Oni "Adamant Helix" synergy scaling increased.
Shackles Sign "Shackles a Criminal Can't Take Off" stun duration scaling decreased and poison duration scaling added.
Four Devas Arcanum "Knock Out In Three Steps" synergy scaling increased and overlay changed.
Illusion Ghost "Jack the Ludo Bile" synergy scaling increased.
Speed Sign "Luminous Rocket" synergy scaling increased.

Voile Fairy
Moon Sign "Silent Selene" synergy scaling reduced.
Fire Water Wood Metal Earth Sign "Philosopher's Stone" missile speed reduced.
Electric Sign "Thunder Drum Shot" synergy scaling increased.
Star Light "Light Dragon's Sigh" synergy scaling increased.
Lightning Fish "Swimming Thunder Shot" synergy scaling reduced.
Immortal "Fire Bird -Flying Phoenix-" targeting check added.
Deathless "Xu Fu's Dimension" synergy scaling increased.
"Possessed by Phoenix" synergy scaling decreased.
Magic Sign "Stardust Reverie" synergy scaling decreased.
Light Blast "Shoot the Moon" synergy scaling decreased.
Love Sign "Master Spark" synergy scaling decreased.
Confusion "Into Delirium" synergy scaling increased.
Poison Sign "Melancholy Poison" synergy scaling decreased.
Poison Sign "Poison Breath" synergy scaling decreased.
White Sign "Undulation Ray" synergy scaling decreased.
Cold Sign "Lingering Cold" synergy scaling decreased.
Mystic Sign "Table-Turning" synergy scaling decreased.
Winter Sign "Northern Winner" synergy scaling decreased.
Cold Sign "Cold Snap" synergy scaling decreased and missile speed reduced.

Spirit Hermit
Flower Field "Garden of the Sun" cooldown increased.
Autumn Sign "The Autumn Sky and a Maiden's Sleep" synergy scaling increased.
Leaf Sign "Falling Leaves of Madness" synergy scaling increased.
Autumn Sign "Falling Blast" synergy scaling increased.
Drown "Trauma in the Glimmering Depths" synergy scaling increased.
Kappa "Spin the Cephalic Plate" synergy scaling increased.
Optics "Optical Camouflage" remade.
Whirl Sign "Maple Leaf Fan" synergy scaling increased.
Tornado "Indication to the Divine" synergy scaling increased.
Squall "Sarutahiko's Guidance" synergy scaling increased.
Demonic Beast "Sickle Weasel Veiling" synergy scaling increased.

Youkai Hunter
Brilliance "Rainbow Brilliance Palm" bonus damage synergy added.
Unidentified "Rainbow UFO Invasion of Terror" damage scaling and synergy scaling increased.
Nue Sign "Danmaku Chimera" synergy scaling increased.
Monster Train "Spare Umbrella Express Night Carnival" synergy scaling increased.
Umbrella "Super-Water Repelling Bone-Dry Monster" synergy scaling increased.
Search Sign "Rare Metal Detector" synergy scaling increased.
Rod Sign "Nazrin Rod" synergy scaling increased.
Defense Sign "Pendulum Guard" synergy scaling increased.
Treasure "Gold Rush" synergy scaling increased.

Phantom Kensei
Amaterasu Oomikamki mana cost and scaling decreased.
Lord Atago synergy scaling increased.
Ame no Uzume no Mikoto synergy scaling increased.
Lord Honoikazuchi synergy scaling increased.
Obsessor "Slash of the Eternity" synergy scaling increased.
Hell Realm Sword "200 Yojana in 1 Slash" synergy scaling increased.
Deva God Sword "Components of Konpaku" synergy scaling increased.
Freeze Sign "Perfect Freeze" synergy scaling increased and cooldown increased.
Frost Sign "Frost Columns" synergy scaling increased.
Ice Sign "Sword Freezer" synergy scaling increased.
Taboo "Forbidden Fruit" remade.

Human Miko
Dream Sign "Persuasion Needle" synergy scaling reduced.
Dream Sign "Evil-Sealing Circle" damage scaling increased and synergy scaling reduced.
Spirit Sign "Fantasy Seal -Spread-" synergy scaling reduced, cooldown increased and animation adjusted.
Good Omen "Cloudy Way in Purple" synergy scaling increased.
Light Magic "Star Maelstrom" synergy scaling increased.
Tiger Sign "Hungry Tiger" synergy scaling increased.
Jeweled Pagoda "Radiant Treasure Gun" synergy scaling increased.
Buddhist Art "Most Valuable Vajra" synergy scaling increased.
Light Sign "Demon of Purification" synergy scaling increased.
Critical "Heart Break" synergy scaling increased.
Divine Spear "Spear the Gungnir" synergy scaling increased.
Scarlet Sign "Red the Nightless Castle" damage scaling and synergy scaling increased.
Snake Sign "Orochi of Ancient Times" magic item level scaling reduced.
Great Miracle "Yasaka's Divine Wind" synergy scaling reduced.

Kasha Warlock
Bad Luck Sign "Bad Fortune" scaling increased.
Butterfly Sign "Death Lance" synergy scaling decreased.
Flowery Soul "Butterfly Delusion" synergy scaling decreased.
Cat Sign "Cat's Walk" cooldown added and casting through walls removed.
Youkai "Blazing Wheel" proc skills synergy scaling reduced and cooldown increased.
Miasma Sign "Filled Miasma" synergy scaling reduced and cooldown increased.
Curse Sign "Shanghai Doll" base hp increased.
Curse Sign "Hourai Doll" base hp decreased.
Doll "Semi-automaton" synergy scaling increased.

Items
2-handed weapons base damage increased.
Item-level socket limits removed.
Max socket limit on items streamlined and rebalanced.
Flandre set bonus adjusted.
Alice set boots sprite fixed.
Yamame set weapon characteristics corrected.
Character stat spawning changed from automagic to recipe upgrade.
Set items spawn level decreased.
Set item drop chance increased.
Cube recipe to upgrade base items of set items added.
Cube recipe to craft reward charms added.
Proc skill magical affixes added to rings and amulets.

===================

Link for ver 1.01

The documentation has been updated with some the details for socketing. No more spending too many jewels and not getting enough sockets. The max socket limits on weapons that you'll see there is for balance as certain gear setups can completely abuse the bonuses gained from socketables.

As mentioned earlier, mercs have been buffed with new skills. They're easily strong enough to carry you through Normal. On the higher difficulties you'll need to start taking care of them. Merc equipment follows the same idea as your gear, stack the character stat. In the early game it's pretty normal to have the merc walking around with gear better than yours. But don't feel too jealous, their gear caps out very quickly.

The main meat of the update, the buffs to melee and nerfs to spells. Melee builds should not get screwed over as much as before. Melee skills scale pretty evenly with enemies now. If you make use of a merc, you shouldn't have a hard time either. I also expect people playing melee builds to make use of the basic crafting recipes (weapon + 1-6 bonus pieces). It's easy free damage and turns mediocre weapons into great ones.

It's a long overdue update, but it's out at least. I won't let it be the only update as Touhou has gotten itself new characters for me to work in when I get new ideas again.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #232 on: August 23, 2013, 08:04:40 AM »
What the hell is this documentation bs, and why can't I read it anymore? Did you break the readme, or is it just broken for me? I'm using OpenOffice Writer to open it since I don't have $200+ to shell to microfail for their software that others give out for free.

Also, where is the wiki for the mod? I was PMed about editing it, but when I asked where the wiki for LoM was, I received no reply.

Edit :
On a better note, I'm so far intrigued by the items being locked and unlocked, but without the documentation, I have no idea what's who, or who's what. I did gamble / identify / unlock a few [L] / [X] belts and [X] mokou gloves, but the belts had no bonus to skills and the Mokou gloves only gave Rage and Fever. Maybe I just have to learn how the itemization works before I can get Danmaku on them.

I don't know what kind of Act 2 merc I have, but it's little white orbs of spinny, and it does a decent job of killing things with the items he already had from pre-patch. I will say I'm also curious about the healing animation from when you use a healing potion, or if thats a merc thing? I mean, I'm almost 100% sure it's a potion animation, (which is totally cool), since it happened when my merc was dead too.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:22:23 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #233 on: August 23, 2013, 09:44:51 AM »
It's the same pdf as it's always been. Adobe Reader is free you know.

All class specific items and the items equippable by mercs are locked by default. Unlocking generates the character stat on the item. You will always get merc stats on common items, Mokou stats on Mokou items, Reimu stats on Reimu items etc. On class specific items, there's a chance for the character stats of a related character to spawn. Mokou items have a chance to spawn a lesser amount of Iku and/or Medicine stat because those are the related sksilltrees you'd have access to if you mained Mokou. On a central tree item like Reimu's shields, you can spawn +stat for all Miko stats but the chance is much lower.

The healing animation is from potions and should run for the duration of the regen effect.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #234 on: August 23, 2013, 10:31:41 AM »
I'm probobly gonna get Diablo2 just to give this a spin.

This will almost certainly be hilarious. I know NOTHING about Diablo.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Exxelent_

• The worst of the worst.
« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2013, 11:01:58 AM »
A very nice update. Rolled a Phantom Kinsei just to try out the new melee skill changes, so I'll give my thoughts once I've made some progress that isn't "Subdue Orin". Some things I've definitely felt are the new mercs, they really do own just about everything in normal difficulty, I feel like I'm playing tank instead of Youmu/Yorihime cheese grater. Flandre went down in record time and Orin wasn't as bad as I clearly remember.

Like I said though, I'm only very much at the tip of the iceberg here.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2013, 11:38:45 AM »
Orin is still a bit difficult but at least she's not impossible now.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2013, 11:47:58 AM »
Looking through the class info and I have utterly no clue what to do and half of what it's going on about. All I know is I'm probobly gonna make a fairy to wet my feet cause fairy.

And the rune part just made me 0_0

Ah the joys of being a noob with no clue.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:50:53 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2013, 12:18:35 PM »
What's fucked up was that the most reliable method for oldOrin, at least for me, was throwing the very same flaming wheels at her and praying she died before you did.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2013, 04:30:44 PM »
I'm playing a Warlock using the damage amp from Hina's skill tree [Planned to get the lifesteal] combined with the extra scythe damage from Komachi's tree.

I'm finding the limitation of only being able to select two forms of attack at once annoying, and unless I'm dumb [WHICH IS PROBABLY THE CASE] I can't find a hotkey to swap skills.

Just cleared the Forgotten Tower, and basically the ally given to me by Sakuya is wrecking everything and I'm basically her meatsheild. Which is annoying. I can't even get to the mobs before the ice arrows blast them to pieces usually. Is there a way to get rid of her?

Also, considering trying out a Tewi build Hunter as well. So many things to try~