Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 6 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)  (Read 269095 times)

Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 6 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)
« Reply #780 on: March 25, 2013, 04:39:37 AM »
So I'm back with the same problem.
Nuclear Cheese's solution didn't exactly fix the problem.
Now it stays in an infinite loop going count clockwise. (It used to go one full circle, then go towards the boss.)
I tried fixing it myself. And it got worst.  :3
Anyone able to help me?
This is a very insistent problem.
Currently a normal player

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #781 on: March 25, 2013, 06:48:17 AM »
PS: I realize i'm annoying you, so im going to use this thread less. :3
Actually, by saying these kind of things it becomes annoying. Because it defeats the purpose of Q&A.

@Helopolis: I meant linking stages together, ive already asked that, but im still confused on that. Although, I really dont need to know right now, because im waiting til I have a game all planned out with everthing.
I quickly downloaded your Danmakufu game 0.2 to view your code. And I see what is going on. You have multiple stage files you want to turn into linked full game. Let unfortunately answer that: "You can't." 0.12m offers no CallStageFromScript or any thing (like enemies/boss) so the only method is to have 1 stage.txt which contains all stages. Do you understand this or is it still too confusing?

Also (not sure if it was mentioned before, probably was in the original thread), you release each stage with the same SFX and PNG files. You know that you could have 1 SFX/PNG folder and use that for your scripts? It would reduce download size.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #782 on: March 25, 2013, 07:40:09 PM »
Actually, by saying these kind of things it becomes annoying. Because it defeats the purpose of Q&A.
oh
I quickly downloaded your Danmakufu game 0.2 to view your code. And I see what is going on. You have multiple stage files you want to turn into linked full game. Let unfortunately answer that: "You can't." 0.12m offers no CallStageFromScript or any thing (like enemies/boss) so the only method is to have 1 stage.txt which contains all stages. Do you understand this or is it still too confusing?

Also (not sure if it was mentioned before, probably was in the original thread), you release each stage with the same SFX and PNG files. You know that you could have 1 SFX/PNG folder and use that for your scripts? It would reduce download size.
Wow, that sounds like a long code, but it seems that it would work :D
Good advice, thank you!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #783 on: March 25, 2013, 10:48:18 PM »
ohWow, that sounds like a long code
Indeed, but thankfully for long codes we have #Include script function for like handy things. I hope you know how the Include works, because you are going to need it if you really want to make that full game. Quick example: You got three files,  game.txt, stage1.txt and stage2.txt

Code: [Select]
------ Game.txt -------

script_stage_main {

// include your stage scripts
#include_function stage1.txt
#include_function stage2.txt

@Initialize {
startGame;
}

@DrawLoop, @BackGround etc.

// your game begins here
task startGame {
Stage 1;
< function to scan for enemies/boss, if none -> continue.
Stage 2;
}
}

----- stage1.txt -------

task Stage1 {
// your fairy waves
CreateEnemyFromFile....

// your boss
CreateBossFromFile....
}

If you look at this code. What do you think I did with the stage files?  I'll first leave you to guess it before spoiling. I am sure you would understand it
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:54:23 PM by Helepolis »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #784 on: March 25, 2013, 11:21:46 PM »
From the code you posted, I personally understand what's going on. However, how do you implement DrawLoop and Background in this case? Since you're calling a task stage, I'm also assuming that it won't pick up @Initialize or @Finalize either. I made variables have different names for Stage 2 just in case I end up with a same-variable-name issue, but It'd be helpful if I knew more about #include_script. Can you explain how #include_script works? Since #include_function appends all the rest of the includes to the first, does the same hold true for #include_script?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #785 on: March 26, 2013, 06:59:06 AM »
Hmmm? There is no include_script function, not quite sure where you picked that up. Oh, I see. Maybe cause of my way of writing the post, I should edit that correctly to avoid confusion.

You cannot omit @DrawLoop or @BackGround themselves but you can call tasks / functions inside the DrawLoop and BackGround. Technically, everything can be done in the script_main_stage, you just need to use tricks and workarounds.

script_enemy_main {

< bla bla vars >

#Include_function somescript.txt

@Initialize {
load stuff
}

@DrawLoop {
drawBoss;
}
}

---- somescript.txt ----

task drawBoss {
SetTexture(boss);
SetAlpha(255);
SetGraphicAngle(0,0,0);
SetGraphicScale(1,1);
SetRenderState(ALPHA);
SetGraphicRect(0,0,82,112);
DrawGraphic(GetX, GetY);
}

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #786 on: March 26, 2013, 02:52:33 PM »
Hello to the the leads of the help thread for Danmakufu.

I began using this a couple of days ago and have had the most fun time bringing ideas to life like this. I am having a problem though.

I want to make a pre combat event for talking (ya know, like you usually do with a boss before the fight). I already have it scripted and such and ready to go but I would like help with where I should put it to where the boss doesn't begin fighting you yet, but you can hurt her yet either.

thanks ahead of time. and thank you for the tutorials, they have been really helpful for me in learning this stuff. =)

"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #787 on: March 26, 2013, 04:45:38 PM »
I want to make a pre combat event for talking (ya know, like you usually do with a boss before the fight). I already have it scripted and such and ready to go but I would like help with where I should put it to where the boss doesn't begin fighting you yet, but you can hurt her yet either.
You mean like in the clich? animes where the boss launches several things at you / shows off but then the talk begins? Though I am confused about one thing because of your wording.

1) Do you want a regular Touhou-look-alike dialogue where the boss is in the screen and you too?
or
2) do you want the boss to appear, attacking you then after some period of time the dialogue begins?

Obligatory, post script of what you currently have (in mind)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:09:58 PM by Helepolis »

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #788 on: March 26, 2013, 05:25:06 PM »

1) Do you want a regular Touhou-look-alike dialogue where the boss is in the screen and you too?

Obligatory, post script of what you currently have (in mind)

regular Touhou look-alike please.

script_event name{

let CSD = GetCurrentScriptDirectory;
let saku2 = CSD ~ "img\saku2.png";
let mari = CSD ~ "img\mari.png";

@Initialize{

LoadGraphic(mari);
LoadGraphic(saku2);

}

@MainLoop{
SetChar(LEFT, mari);                 //Set the player's character on the left side, with the graphic you've told it to display.
  SetGraphicRect(LEFT, 350, 0, 200, 0);           //The region you're displaying of the graphic for the player character, just like SetGraphicRect.
  MoveChar(LEFT, BACK);                             //Move the player's character into the background, to show she is not speaking.
  SetChar(RIGHT, saku2);                //Set the boss' picture on the right side of the screen.
  SetGraphicRect(RIGHT, 0, 0, 200, 350);           //Set the boundry of the picture you want displayed.
MoveChar(RIGHT, FRONT);                          //Move the boss' image to the front to show that she is speaking.
TextOutA("Why are you here?");           //Self explanatory. Danmakufu will not pass this function until a certain amount of time has passed, or the player clicks the shot button.
MoveChar(RIGHT, BACK);                           //Move the boss to the background, then...
MoveChar(LEFT, FRONT);                           //Move the player forward, to show that she will now speak.
TextOutA("I'm just here to borrow some books, ya know?");                     //What the player will be speaking.
End;           //This ends the event.
}

@Finalize{
  DeleteGraphic(mari);
DeleteGraphic(saku2);
}
}

Not the entire conversation, but I wanna make sure everything is working before I write out the rest of the dialogue
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #789 on: March 26, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »
A method I mostly use of my own (it isn't always the best, remember.) Create a dummy spell card and put it in your plural.

Dialogue01  <--- your dummy card
NonSpell01.txt
CardSpell01.txt
etc...

-----------  Dialogue01.txt --------------
script_enemy_main {
    @Initialize{
SetLife(1);
SetDamageRate(1,1);
CreateEventFromScript("dialogue1");
    }

@MainLoop{
if(GetEventStep==1){ AddLife(-10); }
    }

}

script_event dialogue1 {

< vars and stuff >

@Initialize { etc }

@MainLoop {
< talk talk talk talk > // dialogue
SetStep(1); // set step to 1. Triggers if statement of @mainloop in enemy_main
    }
}

Explaining the code. The boss has 1 Life but because this is a dialogue (event is being called) nobody can shoot / attack. When SetStep is set to 1 at the end of the dialogue, it will deduct the life of the event "killing the boss". The next card in the plural will be loaded, which is the actual fight.

The trick to remember here is SetStep and GetEventStep functions.

Edit: You are using End; function, which is also workable. Then you shouldn't be needing the whole SetStep thing AFAIK.  In both conditions make sure you call the event in @initialize
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:26:50 PM by Helepolis »

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #790 on: March 26, 2013, 06:36:12 PM »
Thanks Helepolis, that was most helpful.

Now for a big reason why I came here. I am working on an EX Sakuya fight and know what I want to do for her time out card.There a couple of things I would greatly appreciate help with:

1) how to do Sakuya's time stop and knife spawn while in said time stop

2) How to make a stationary laser that rotates a certain distance every 60 frames

any help would be appreciated.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #791 on: March 26, 2013, 06:40:36 PM »
Thanks Helepolis, that was most helpful.

Now for a big reason why I came here. I am working on an EX Sakuya fight and know what I want to do for her time out card.There a couple of things I would greatly appreciate help with:

1) how to do Sakuya's time stop and knife spawn while in said time stop

2) How to make a stationary laser that rotates a certain distance every 60 frames

any help would be appreciated.
1) Do you know about object bullets?
2) CreateLaserA, http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,30.0.html In the laser section

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #792 on: March 26, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »
1) Do you know about object bullets?
2) CreateLaserA, http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,30.0.html In the laser section

1) Sadly I can not say I do

2) so it's like the CreateShotA in that regard? hmmm ok.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #793 on: March 26, 2013, 06:55:56 PM »
1) Sadly I can not say I do

2) so it's like the CreateShotA in that regard? hmmm ok.
1) Well, you should learn about them and thats how you can do that. You can set the speed different anytime you want! :D
2) I guess...just a bit different :)

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #794 on: March 26, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »
1) Well, you should learn about them and thats how you can do that. You can set the speed different anytime you want! :D
2) I guess...just a bit different :)

1) hmm didn't think Sakuya's time stop would be something that high level. I'll go look thanks.

2) I'll explore that option a little more than. What I need i to do is spawn that laser with hitbox, but not fire it off (THe laser will be a knife) (unsure if I worded that right)

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #795 on: March 26, 2013, 07:39:06 PM »
1) hmm didn't think Sakuya's time stop would be something that high level. I'll go look thanks.

2) I'll explore that option a little more than. What I need i to do is spawn that laser with hitbox, but not fire it off (THe laser will be a knife) (unsure if I worded that right)
1) You can wait, set the speed to zero, wait, change the angle, and set the speed to anything again. I think it would work well :D
2) Then put the speed at 0, and the moving speed of the base at something more than 0. Then the graphic to COLOR32. :D If you want it to be attached to the boss, so when the boss moves, the laser goes with her, use CreateLaserB.
If you want any example codes just tell me :3

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #796 on: March 26, 2013, 10:35:11 PM »
1) You can wait, set the speed to zero, wait, change the angle, and set the speed to anything again. I think it would work well :D
2) Then put the speed at 0, and the moving speed of the base at something more than 0. Then the graphic to COLOR32. :D If you want it to be attached to the boss, so when the boss moves, the laser goes with her, use CreateLaserB.
If you want any example codes just tell me :3

1) hmm I'll have to try that.

2) Would be very greatly appreciated. This time out spell is going to be the most complex thing in this fight

Nuclear Cheese

• Relax and enjoy the danmaku.
    • My homepage
« Reply #797 on: March 27, 2013, 01:14:27 AM »
OT: I was about to say, suddenly a Nuclear Cheese back on the forums. Welcome back? I guess :V

OT: Well, glad to be back, for whatever capacity of 'back' it'll end up being.  Unfortunately I've had not nearly enough time to pay attention to Touhou things lately.
Also, I should probably apologize to everyone with regard to Musuu no Danmaku, but that's getting seriously off topic here so I'll save it for now ...

So I'm back with the same problem.
Nuclear Cheese's solution didn't exactly fix the problem.
Now it stays in an infinite loop going count clockwise. (It used to go one full circle, then go towards the boss.)
I tried fixing it myself. And it got worst.  :3
Anyone able to help me?
This is a very insistent problem.

I'm assuming the rest of your code is still the same as you posted in the pastebin.  I took another look, and noticed this little item that will also be a problem:
let target_angle=atan2(GetEnemyInfo(enemy_target,ENEMY_Y)-y, GetEnemyInfo(enemy_target,ENEMY_X-x));
... specifically, when you're getting the ENEMY_X, you misplaced your first closing parenthesis - it should be before the "- x" (like when getting ENEMY_Y), not after.  Because ENEMY_X is just some value that tells Danmakufu what information you're trying to get, subtracting x doesn't immediately cause it to yell at you (although I'd have no guess as to what it's going to return in this case).
It probably should look like this:

let target_angle=atan2(GetEnemyInfo(enemy_target,ENEMY_Y)-y, GetEnemyInfo(enemy_target,ENEMY_X)-x);
I was never too well versed with player scripts; if I was (or if I had more free time  :V) I'd throw together a quick one to try this out myself.  Unfortunately I'm stuck with just looking at your posted stuff and trying to figure it out from there.

Another thing to keep in mind: if I remember correctly, Danmakufu's angles returned by atan2 are fixed in a certain range (I forget if it's 0 to 360 or -180 to +180).  Because of how your formula is set up, it's possible that certain conditions may yield unusual results.  I can't say this is an issue, but at some angle this value will wrap around, causing a seemingly large jump in the angle despite the graphic only rotating a tiny bit more.  For instance:

Let's say the current direction is 10, and we calculate the angle to the target as 350. (assuming it returns angles in the range 0-360)
By your script, your shot will try rotating in the positive direction, even though the negative direction is obviously quicker.

A more robust angle comparison code will take this into account, something like this:

// Part 1 - get angles
let my_angle = Obj_GetAngle(obj);
let angle_to_target = atan2(ydiff, xdiff);

// Part 2 - find the angular difference
let angle_difference = angle_to_target - my_angle;

// Part 3 - normalize the angular difference
if (angle_difference > 180)
{
  angle_difference -= 360;
}
else if (angle_difference < -180)
{
  angle_difference += 360;
}

// Part 4 - rotate
if (angle_difference < 0)
{
  my_angle -= 5;
}
else if (angle_difference > 0)
{
  my_angle += 5;
}
Obj_SetAngle(obj, my_angle);
(usual disclaimer: pseudo code done from memory, may not be perfect)

In part 3, if the angle is beyond +/- 180, it's really the same as a smaller rotation of the opposite sign (e.g. a 270 degree rotation left is the same as a 90 degree rotation right).  By normalizing the difference into this range, we ensure that we're looking at the smaller turn to get to the target angle.  This also handles the odd cases caused by the Danmakufu's angle wrapping.  Given the same example from above:

my_angle = 10;
angle_to_target = 350;
angle_difference = 340, but is > 180 so it is then normalized to -20
Since the angle difference is now negative, we will rotate in the negative direction.

Also, I'm a bit curious - is there a reason you're looping over all of the enemy IDs?  As-is, it's just going to end up taking the last one in the list; are you planning on adding in some conditions to select what enemy to seek later?
to quote Naut:
"I can see the background, there are too many safespots."
:V

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #798 on: March 27, 2013, 01:21:19 AM »
Oh uh. I didn't realize it didn't work for you because you originally posted "OH i see", and then edited in that it didn't work.
Please, when somebody posts a suggestion or solution for you, don't bother thanking them or commenting on it until you've tried it out and it works or doesn't work. I, personally, do not look at this thread unless a new reply is posted, because I get notifications for new replies. So I see your post saying only "oh", but I don't see your edits until you later mention it.

That being said, if somebody asks you to pastebin your code and post it, then suggests a solution that doesn't work, the general response is to post your new code even if nobody asks you to. You should figure that I'm just going to ask you to post it anyways. I know that my code block works because I tested it, so the problem is likely that you implemented it wrong. Don't just post saying "it didn't work"; it would be much easier to suggest how to fix your problem if you just posted your code to begin with, rather than having me ask you to post your code and then you posting it and then me answering.
http://pastebin.com/eD6uC83L

Drake

« Reply #799 on: March 27, 2013, 03:41:10 AM »
Sorry, that's definitely my bad. index is a keyword in DNH where index(x,y) does the same as x[y]. I switched around my tested variable names for clarity and forgot about it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #800 on: March 27, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »
I'm trying to recreate Satori's Return Inanimate explosions from SA using effect objects but it doesn't turn out quite right.

ZUN explosion: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9066/th008.png

My attempt: http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9858/testdi.png

Resources used: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1176/exp1.png
                                 http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5346/exp2j.png

Example of code used for my explosions: http://pastebin.com/wwQAqmiQ

I guess the heat field should fade out to 0 at the outer part of the explosion, but how would I do that? Will I have to use TRIANGLEFAN?
If it's not too much, can someone enlighten me on what I'm missing (primarily how the vertices work together with the primitive types which I haven't fully realized yet). I have checked some tutorials like Helepolis and Nuclear Cheese ones, but I guess that didn't help me too much, or I just didn't go through them well enough.

Hope it doesn't look too much like I have no idea what I'm doing here  :(.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:44:21 PM by Darkness1 »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #801 on: March 27, 2013, 01:56:57 PM »
I'm trying to recreate Satori's Return Inanimate explosions from SA using effect objects but it doesn't turn out quite right.

I've already gotten Okuu's suns. The issue is, I used the red orbs from The Last Comer, so there might be some differences. If you have The Last Comer, this might be an options, but I'm not sure.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #802 on: March 27, 2013, 02:37:34 PM »
I've already gotten Okuu's suns. The issue is, I used the red orbs from The Last Comer, so there might be some differences. If you have The Last Comer, this might be an options, but I'm not sure.

I don't. Also, if it is very similair to Okuu's suns, it may not be right either, cause the explosions looks a bit different than Okuu's suns (in SA).

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #803 on: March 27, 2013, 05:12:29 PM »
I don't. Also, if it is very similair to Okuu's suns, it may not be right either, cause the explosions looks a bit different than Okuu's suns (in SA).

Are you using ADD and not ALPHA?

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #804 on: March 27, 2013, 05:28:39 PM »
Are you using ADD and not ALPHA?

I'm using ADD, but for both layers. I posted the code in the first post.

Drake

« Reply #805 on: March 27, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »
You have to make the backdrop of the image black. It's a quirk with danmakufu rendering add-blend funny when the original image has transparency, so you have to make sure every pixel has a 255 alpha value. When add-blending, this means using a black background, since 0 + anything = anything and the image will come out as intended.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #806 on: March 27, 2013, 06:07:45 PM »
I have a spellcard I've been working on (Blood Sign: Hellsing's Shotgun") that releases waves based on he enemy health. I don't know how to make it release them anyway near time out if the player tries to. can I have some assistance please? =)

http://pastebin.com/0gbdYCmk

Drake

« Reply #807 on: March 27, 2013, 06:19:18 PM »
if(GetTimer < something){ do things }

In this case your conditions would be like if(GetEnemyLife < 1500 || GetTimer < something) { do things }

EDIT: sparen did you even read the question or look at the script
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:21:04 PM by Drake »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #808 on: March 27, 2013, 06:20:20 PM »
I have a spellcard I've been working on (Blood Sign: Hellsing's Shotgun") that releases waves based on he enemy health. I don't know how to make it release them anyway near time out if the player tries to. can I have some assistance please? =)

http://pastebin.com/0gbdYCmk

If it's based on enemy health, there's a GetLife function. That might help.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #809 on: March 27, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »
if(GetTimer < something){ do things }

In this case your conditions would be like if(GetEnemyLife < 1500 || GetTimer < something) { do things }

EDIT: sparen did you even read the question or look at the script

I tired that at first but then I get a error when I try and play it.