Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 6 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)  (Read 269089 times)

Drake

Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 6 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)
« Reply #330 on: November 23, 2012, 04:54:02 AM »
Oh, XP. The readme says drag and drop doesn't work with XP. To open the command line you can hit Start -> Run -> cmd.exe
Then use the command cd to reach your folder like cd "C:\Documents and Settings\You\th_dnh_012\th_dnh_archiver" or cd "%USERPROFILE%\th_dnh_012\th_dnh_archiver" or whatever. Then the program syntax to compress an archive is
java -jar th_dnh_archiver.jar -c (your_input_folder) output.dat assuming you have java properly installed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:56:26 AM by Drakums »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #331 on: November 23, 2012, 02:00:58 PM »
 :derp: When  I click any stage, (even EXRumia ones) it freezes.  What do I do?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:08:49 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Lunasa Prismriver

• Poltergeist Violinist
  • Himorogi, Burn in Violet
« Reply #332 on: November 23, 2012, 05:51:46 PM »
Use Applocale to run Danmakufu or put the local settings in Japanese.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #333 on: November 23, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »
Use Applocale to run Danmakufu or put the local settings in Japanese.
I did Applocale and it still won't work.

Drake

« Reply #334 on: November 24, 2012, 04:37:01 AM »
If it's freezing just before you select a character it's almost definitely rejecting japanese.

Grab a player script from someone here, as they probably won't have any japanese in it.
Copy one of the default scripts or make a script with nothing in it, and set #Player to only the player character downloaded. This way you won't see the default REIMU or MARISA.
Now go play the script. If you make it to the player select screen and get to play, then it confirms that you messed up AppLocale.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #335 on: November 24, 2012, 06:54:47 PM »
If it's freezing just before you select a character it's almost definitely rejecting japanese.

Grab a player script from someone here, as they probably won't have any japanese in it.
Copy one of the default scripts or make a script with nothing in it, and set #Player to only the player character downloaded. This way you won't see the default REIMU or MARISA.
Now go play the script. If you make it to the player select screen and get to play, then it confirms that you messed up AppLocale.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :DD :derp:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:07:35 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Drake

« Reply #336 on: November 24, 2012, 09:17:56 PM »
...Well, if that worked, it still doesn't solve the problem, it just confirms what the problem is.
How are you using AppLocale to begin with? The tutorial is here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,4138.0.html
You have to install it, run AppLocale, select the exe you want to run, and set the language to Japanese. I've had mixed issues with the shortcut creation it suggests, but my suggested method is using the context menu edit here: http://alcahest.perso.sfr.fr/perso/apploc/applocale.html which makes launching things much easier.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:25:14 PM by Drakums »

« Reply #337 on: December 05, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »
Well, I'm making a stage script I want to fit with a bgm. In fact, it's a medley of songs from Subterranean Animism, each part corresponding to one boss.

Question :
Is there a way to freeze the music file when the player hits the  escape key and  play it where it was before when returning in the game, in order to keep the synchro ?

Here is my attempt (2 function to determine)

And this file (mp3 type) is of ~ 10 Mo (11 min long). How do I do to reduce the weight ? (I heard Danmakufu doesn't manage music file of 4 Mo and more very well, it's a shame :( ...)

http://pastebin.com/gLk0fLM2

Welcome to the forums! Please put large code blocks (like these) in pastebin.com url please =)  -Helepolis
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:47:36 PM by Helepolis »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #338 on: December 05, 2012, 10:05:14 PM »
Well, I'm making a stage script I want to fit with a bgm. In fact, it's a medley of songs from Subterranean Animism, each part corresponding to one boss.

Question :
Is there a way to freeze the music file when the player hits the  escape key and  play it where it was before when returning in the game, in order to keep the synchro ?

Here is my attempt (2 function to determine)

And this file (mp3 type) is of ~ 10 Mo (11 min long). How do I do to reduce the weight ? (I heard Danmakufu doesn't manage music file of 4 Mo and more very well, it's a shame :( ...)

http://pastebin.com/gLk0fLM2

Welcome to the forums! Please put large code blocks (like these) in pastebin.com url please =)  -Helepolis

Danamakufu 0.12m does not support this functionality. It also does not allow you to start a song at a specific time so there's no way to make such a functionality. If you want to do something like that, you'll have to use ph3. If you're planning to make something that is synced to music, it is also worth noting that if someone is not running Danmakufu at the same framerate as you are, it will desync when they play it. Generally, musicially synced scripts aren't a good idea because of these things, but if they work, they're pretty awesome.

Also, I have no idea what you mean by "reduce the weight" or what "Mo" is? Did you mean reducing the file size and MB? The only way to do that would be to reduce the sound quality but that's not really recommended.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

« Reply #339 on: December 06, 2012, 02:37:50 AM »
Quote from: Blargel

Also, I have no idea what you mean by "reduce the weight" or what "Mo" is? Did you mean reducing the file size and MB? The only way to do that would be to reduce the sound quality but that's not really recommended.

Ah sorry because I'm French I forgot I was on an English-speaking board  :V, Mo means Megaoctet (ie Megabits) an octet being a number of 8 bits and yeah weight=file size.

So I have to abondon this synchro idea mmh -_-' ......I will try another way then...

« Reply #340 on: December 07, 2012, 12:26:56 AM »
I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, still getting used to the forum.  :ohdear:
These following questions are more of a how to do...
QUESTION 1
How do I curve Player Reimu's shots
http://pastebin.com/Hd1xF0J6 <---- My script here, homing attack is task Amulet, it's just the tutorial SakuyaA calculations.  :3

QUESTION 2
I'm making a full game and I want to know how to make power-up boxes to power up.
I also want to know how to make it like in the original games, where you gain more power with each power-up 1.00, 2.00, 3.00, 4.00.

Sorry is this is asking too much. Help is very much appreciated.
Currently a normal player

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #341 on: December 07, 2012, 01:44:13 AM »
QUESTION 2
I'm making a full game and I want to know how to make power-up boxes to power up.
I also want to know how to make it like in the original games, where you gain more power with each power-up 1.00, 2.00, 3.00, 4.00.

Danmakufu doesn't include it by default, as you've probably noticed, so you'll have to recreate the entire system. Some have managed it; Juuni Juumon has a working Power System, as do some other full games; but since it's not built in, you will have to write the code from scratch in order for it to work for you. The player scripts will probably not be fully compatible with other scripts as well.

Lunasa Prismriver

• Poltergeist Violinist
« Reply #342 on: December 07, 2012, 09:37:17 PM »
You must use Common Data and Object Effects for recreate power-ups.
  • Create a task which manage PowerUp display.
  • When Player collide PowerUp Display (a simple if with GetPlayerX should be enough) then increment the value of the common data.
  • Create your player script. Change shot type when you reach a certain limit of power up(GetCommonData)
After if you want to make your player script usable without powerups in other scripts, just test if the common data of power ups exists at the start of your player script.  :3c

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #343 on: December 07, 2012, 11:15:32 PM »
Okay. I have a question regarding Helepolis's Cutin script.

Put simply, it doesn't work for me, and the issue is most likely  really small issue that I overlooked.

Anyway, here's the code I used.

Code: [Select]
script_enemy_main {
    #include_function ".\function_cutin.txt";
    let count = -60;
    let angle = 0;
    let angle2 = 0;
    let BossImage = GetCurrentScriptDirectory~"pikachu.png";
    let BossCutIn = GetCurrentScriptDirectory~"pikachu.png";
    let bullet = GetCurrentScriptDirectory~"bullet.wav";
    let ZUNbullet = GetCurrentScriptDirectory~"supershot.txt";

@Initialize {
LoadGraphic(BossImage);
LoadGraphic(BossCutIn);
LoadUserShotData(ZUNbullet);
SetLife(5000);
SetDamageRate(80, 60); //% of shot damage, % of bomb damage
SetTimer(50);
SetInvincibility(30);
cutin("NAZRIN","Sparkle"\""Mini Shocker"\",BossCutIn,0,0,262,193);
SetScore(1000000);
SetEnemyMarker(true);
//SetDurableSpellCard;
//LastSpell;
Concentration01(30); //Frames to charge energy
MagicCircle(true);
//SetEffectForZeroLife(30, 130, 0); //TimeIntensitySlowdown0=none
SetMovePosition02(GetCenterX, GetCenterY - 10, 10);
LoadSE(bullet);
}

When the spell is called, nothing happens at the start. No cutin, no hexagonal and diagonal displays, and no spellcard name. Everything else works fine.

If this is my issue, I'd like to know ASAP so that I don't make a mistake again. If not, the problem may be that Wine can't read the directory path, or may be another error.

Lunasa Prismriver

• Poltergeist Violinist
« Reply #344 on: December 08, 2012, 09:47:47 AM »
Have you put yield; into @MainLoop ?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2012, 04:38:49 PM »
No. I have not put in a yield;. Since I didn't have any tasks in the script, I didn't put it there.

I'll put it there and see what happens.

« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2012, 07:59:16 PM »
Why do I keep getting problems.
http://pastebin.com/Y2MRPM86 This is my script.
The problem is that when I try to run it, it gives me the standard 'program is not responding' error message.
Is there a flaw that I'm possibly overlooking?

Lunasa Prismriver

• Poltergeist Violinist
« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »
Your code seems to be ok. Your problem sounds like an infinite loop (probably in your enemy script). Search if you don't forget a yield; somewhere.  :)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »
Okay. I now have a problem where Danmakufu crashes during a player script spell.

From my previous knowledge of programming, there is probably a 90% chance that the freezing was due to an infinite recursion.

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=WZLvnfhK

if(spellcount > 0 && spellcount % 90 == 0){
spell_talisman(Obj_GetAngle(objtalisman) - 30, Obj_GetX(objtalisman), Obj_GetY(objtalisman));
spell_talisman(Obj_GetAngle(objtalisman) + 30, Obj_GetX(objtalisman), Obj_GetY(objtalisman));
      }

Above is the specific code that most likely caused the freezing. Basically, what the spell is *supposed* to do is first shoot a ring of object shots, which then erupt into three. After moving farther, they erupt again, and exit the screen. They are standard Talisman shape bullets.

I have two issues. First, was it really an act of infinite recursion? The first wave of bullets never appeared. Second, if it is, how do I circumvent  that? What I'm basically trying to do is make each object bullet hatch two more bullets at 30 and -30 degrees to it. But in the first wave, I DO NOT WANT those newly created bullets to execute the same procedure, since that'd just crash Danmakufu.

P.S. Adding yield; to Main Loop didn't fix the #function_cutin completely; it gave the YOUMU cutin instead of the "NAZRIN" cutin.

Edit: I now found an error with my other player script. Apparently, a variable is not defined. Even though I defined it at the start of the spell. This issue will probably take a few seconds to solve; I tweaked it and it still wouldn't work. The code is at the same location, just at the bottom of the pastebin thing.

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=WZLvnfhK
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:59:28 PM by Sparen »

Lunasa Prismriver

• Poltergeist Violinist
« Reply #349 on: December 08, 2012, 09:48:05 PM »
Danmakufu is quirky. When you want to create a variable into a if/else statement, you must define the variable before and change the value into the statement.

Instead of :
if(GetKeyState(VK_SLOWMOVE) == KEY_PUSH || GetKeyState(VK_SLOWMOVE) == KEY_HOLD){
    let slashdist = 10;
  }else{
    let slashdist = 20;
  }

Try to use :
let slashdist;
if(GetKeyState(VK_SLOWMOVE) == KEY_PUSH || GetKeyState(VK_SLOWMOVE) == KEY_HOLD){
    slashdist = 10;
}else{
    slashdist = 20;
}
About spell_talisman, it seems to be a infinite recursion because spell_talisman always be called. Try to add an if/else statement which controls how many times the recursion function was called.

Finally, about the function, verify the path of the image used by the cut in function (spellcardanm.png).  ???

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #350 on: December 09, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »
About spell_talisman, it seems to be a infinite recursion because spell_talisman always be called. Try to add an if/else statement which controls how many times the recursion function was called.

For this, how would I control the spawn points and how should I control which bullets have already erupted? I think I'll make a short video of what exactly I am trying to do, although it's basically an object bullet spawning other object bullets (which do not undergo the same procedure.) In NetLogo, you can add a turtles-own variable or use a 'with [boolean]' statement to control objects, but I do not know how to do that on NetLogo with Object bullets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBBSGDBOjWg&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:18:03 AM by Sparen »

Drake

« Reply #351 on: December 09, 2012, 02:10:44 AM »
Danmakufu is quirky. When you want to create a variable into a if/else statement, you must define the variable before and change the value into the statement.
That isn't quirky, that's common sense programming practice. Having the variable not defined after the if block is just a formality; in general you cannot assert that the variable exists or has been given an initial value if it's done inside of an if block, even if you capture all scenarios in the if-then-else.

Lavalake: Whoops thought you were the same person, sorry for the confusion
As for your first stage problem, without being able to see the enemy script, the only thing I can propose is that you're attempting to draw the enemy on the very first frame of the script, which will cause crashing in 0.12. Your flow is @Initialize -> stage() -> CreateStream() -> CreateEnemyFromFile(), upon which I'm going to guess that you attempt to draw the enemy immediately. This would cause a crash. Add one yield at the very beginning of stage().

Sparen:

Your spell problem is just infinite recursion going. First of all I have to say the logical structure of the spell is pretty confusing and probably weak, but that's a different issue.
Your one amulet should not be calling the same amulets. If you don't want an infinite loop of talismans you need to either use different amulet bullet tasks, or use flags to tell the task not to loop, or set how many times it will loop, etc. Because the secondary bullets aren't going to pause at all (or fire new bullets), you should use the first option. General structure will go like this.
task run{
    loop(bla){
        spell_talisman();
    }

loop(howlongthespelllasts){ yield; }
    End();
}

task spell_talisman(){
    let count = 0;
    make the bullet and stuff
    loop(somepause){ yield; }
    Obj_SetSpeed(obj, speed);
    while(!Obj_BeDeleted(obj)){
        if(count==90 || count==180){
            leaf_talisman();
            leaf_talisman();
        }
        count++;
        yield;
    }
}

task leaf_talisman(){
   just make the bullet and stuff, all they do is fire
}

Also more things!

You don't need to use spell objects if you aren't already planning on using effect objects in your spell. As you're just using pseudo-bullets, all you need to do is define and fire them like you would any other bullets and just use DeleteEnemyShotToItemInCircle(SHOT, Obj_GetX(obj), Obj_GetY(obj), radius) to delete other bullets that hit the amulet. This way you can easily avoid all the clutter and setup you use with spell/effect objects. Tbh Stuffman should have used this method in the Player Tutorial, but at least he got to explain how spell objects work since they aren't really covered elsewhere.

Obj_SetAlpha(objtalisman,200) will not do anything. Obj_SetAlpha() does not work on effect/spell objects. You have to instead modify the alpha value of each vertex, which for a rectangular object will be ascent(i in 0..4){ ObjEffect_SetVertexColor(obj, i, alpha, 255, 255, 255); }

Your amulets still won't show up because you have no XY position for the object and no XY vertices set. You aren't actually setting the angle of the object anywhere either.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:39:08 AM by Drakums »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #352 on: December 09, 2012, 03:06:51 AM »

Your spell problem is just infinite recursion going. First of all I have to say the logical structure of the spell is pretty confusing and probably weak, but that's a different issue.
Your one amulet should not be calling the same amulets. If you don't want an infinite loop of talismans you need to either use different amulet bullet tasks, or use flags to tell the task not to loop, or set how many times it will loop, etc. Because the secondary bullets aren't going to pause at all (or fire new bullets), you should use the first option.

Also more things!

You don't need to use spell objects if you aren't already planning on using effect objects in your spell. As you're just using pseudo-bullets, all you need to do is define and fire them like you would any other bullets and just use DeleteEnemyShotToItemInCircle(SHOT, Obj_GetX(obj), Obj_GetY(obj), radius) to delete other bullets that hit the amulet. This way you can easily avoid all the clutter and setup you use with spell/effect objects. Tbh Stuffman should have used this method in the Player Tutorial, but at least he got to explain how spell objects work since they aren't really covered elsewhere.

Obj_SetAlpha(objtalisman,200) will not do anything. Obj_SetAlpha() does not work on effect/spell objects. You have to instead modify the alpha value of each vertex, which for a rectangular object will be ascent(i in 0..4){ ObjEffect_SetVertexColor(obj, i, alpha, 255, 255, 255); }

Your amulets still won't show up because you have no XY position for the object and no XY vertices set. You aren't actually setting the angle of the object anywhere either.

Thanks. I actually can't believe that I managed to forget to set speed, angle, and position when I had the variables defined right there. As for the effects, which ones are actually necessary to draw the shots? Most of the player scripts I've downloaded are far out of my comprehension with my limited knowledge of Danmakufu, so I assumed that all of the ObjEffect_XYZ stuff was necessary.

Drake

« Reply #353 on: December 09, 2012, 03:30:56 AM »
Just define your amulets in the player's shotsheet, load the shotsheet in the spell script and use them as object bullets instead. The only difference between spell objects and effect objects is that spell objects can only be used in spell scripts and have hardcoded bullet deletion functions, as far as I can tell.

« Reply #354 on: December 09, 2012, 06:29:45 AM »
Your code seems to be ok. Your problem sounds like an infinite loop (probably in your enemy script). Search if you don't forget a yield; somewhere.  :)

Nope, I've tested my enemies individually, they work perfectly.
http://pastebin.com/Y2MRPM86 Is is because they think 'filepath' is the file path of the enemy?
I've also checked the actual file path.
Oh wait... Didn't see Drakums mention my post. :| This post can be deleted.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:31:36 AM by Lavalake »

Matteo

« Reply #355 on: December 09, 2012, 12:45:20 PM »
Hi, i have a big problem with lasers:

I am trying to make a laser that has a lenght that increase for the first 60 frames and than decrease from frame 60 to frame 120. But...how to do it?

With laser1 i can't. With laserB or C i can't. With laserA i managed to do it, but there is a problem: the laser source. I can't delete it and i don't know how to use lasers if i make them object (meaning that i can use lasers, but laser objects no).

Any idea?  ???

(Oh, the laser moves also, from top to bottom. and while it moves the lenght first gradually decrese than gradually increase)

This is what i made for now...but the laser source should be deleted somehow, wonder how...

CreateLaserA(1, GetX, GetClipMinY, 1, 10, RED01, 30);
      SetLaserDataA(1, 0, 90, 0, 1, 1, 90);
      SetLaserDataA(1, 60, 90, 0, -1, 1, 90);
      SetLaserDataA(1, 120, 90, 0, 1, 1, 90);
      FireShot(1);
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:21:05 PM by Matteo »

Lunasa Prismriver

• Poltergeist Violinist
« Reply #356 on: December 09, 2012, 03:42:36 PM »
If you want to delete the laser's source. You must pass by objects lasers.

Matteo

« Reply #357 on: December 09, 2012, 07:05:54 PM »
and an ellipse? Someone knows how to create an ellipse of bullets?

Lunasa Prismriver

• Poltergeist Violinist
« Reply #358 on: December 09, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
Magic of the trigonometry  ;)

CreateShot01(GetX+100*sin(Angle),GetY+50*cos(Angle),1,Angle,RED01,10);
Change the number before sine and cosine (If they are the same, you'll have a circle). You can also switch them from memory.  :)
Hope I help you :)

« Reply #359 on: December 12, 2012, 01:50:36 AM »
Multiple questions wee...
Question 1
How do I delete an enemy once it gets offscreen?

Question 2
How do I make a function in a stage script that tells to wait n frames to advance, but having zero enemies also advances on? For example...
CreateEnemyFromFile(...)
[Wait for either zero enemies or the given frames, then advance]
CreateEnemyFromFile(...)

Question 3
How do you have an image appear in the front of the player. (Like the stage intros in the Touhou games, or of CtC) And how big is the screen. (In frames) Only the areas where danmaku happens though.

Question 4
How do I make a BG scroll using @Background{

That was a lot. Help is very much appreciated. I tried to fit all the questions I can think of in one post, just to save space. :3