Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver  (Read 123823 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver
« Reply #540 on: August 17, 2009, 02:23:08 PM »
Then let it be known that I'm aware of what's going on and would like to see UGW stay a nice place.

Have a nice day.
We have Saniwa chat if drama occurs XD Or an irc channel (not #sm) Don't worry ^^

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #541 on: August 17, 2009, 04:38:38 PM »
Due to some unknown reason the connection outbound China Mainland have cut so much that I couldn't get on the Chat.
I've replaced the chat with a lightweight version in order to make it easier to access for me, well, didn't turns out to be very well.

Whatever: http://www.amarilloviridian.co.cc/chat/

Hmm...

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #542 on: August 17, 2009, 08:29:19 PM »
Yeah I couldn't get in either, but I always attributed it for having a shitty connection.

Thanks a bunch, dood.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #543 on: August 18, 2009, 04:08:06 AM »
Yeah I couldn't get in either, but I always attributed it for having a shitty connection.

Thanks a bunch, dood.

It's because of the Typhoon that's just swept Taiwan broke the seafloor netwires.
The seafloor netwire "FNAL/RNAL" was cut by the Typhoon yesterday
cause connection blockages in Asia outbound Europe and America.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #544 on: August 19, 2009, 03:30:21 PM »
There will be times when fate and luck screw over even "real men" you can't win em all bro.

Case in point: Kamina.

As for the drama... uh. I'm inclined to agree that fitting in the (full) UFO crew would be difficult, especially given the implications of retconning in the game's events and what they would have meant for some character interactions. For that matter, UFO was apparently supposed to occur during late spring/early summer, while Dream is set during early spring.

I guess we could try to work with it as the spring AFTER that, but there are probably still a few complications... then again, with Sho already having Kogasa without people getting confused at who she is, that may be a valid counterpoint.

It might be doable... but it's something that'd take a lot of planning on a broad scale.

Either way, if further UFO characters ARE used, it's definitely a bad idea to retcon them into existing crews. New 'battery' characters, random discoveries (not this late please Tenshi was iffy enough) or currently-implausible-and-or-unsafe rescues from RAI and otherwise are a safer bet.

Of course, MTG could also work them into the plot (whats-her-name, the final boss, is particularly relevant to the Covenant schtick and could very well have gotten involved with that other Covenant(?) faction MTG mentioned), which should probably take priority in this case.

One loophole for new characters at this point (that I was hoping to bring up in-story first) is people that saved a Gensokyoite but left the Karuisuwa area. Having them return would take some hand-waving or other explanations, but it's a plausible excuse - especially if they were visitors to the area that didn't live there, or at least one of their group considered it safer to at least temporarily flee the area.

This is actually a plan I had for, like, a female high-schooler scholastic ronin (failed college entrance exams and taking a year to study for next time) otaku character that took in Nazrin as an unusually intelligent pet ala Orin, but with more random theft of shiny things. Then again, I'm overworking myself enough already.

---

tl;dr MTG's got his work cut out for him planning what to do about UFO to make sure the game's events don't interfere with what's already happened, and we definitely can't retcon in any more of UFO's characters to existing teams without a good explanation.

As for claimingness, I'd consider writing quality to be a good meta-level indicator of worthiness, and balancing out a team's combat abilities not. Plausible connections to existing teammates is valid. Having more people writing would be a mixed blessing; another person to keep track of and informed about RP events (and making sure they have a good grasp of what's occurred), but no increased burden on writing, relationship mapping, or character management for the existing players... I'm not sure how that balances out.

The only plausible excuse for existing-team joining for the UFO crew at this point would be rescuing from another faction, which would probably have to be a team effort and leave linking choice pretty much up for grabs. And be very, very, VERY dangerous to security circumstances. Sorry guys, I'm not sure it's a good idea.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #545 on: August 19, 2009, 04:25:15 PM »
I agree with all of that, also I am undeclaring my claim on the captain, anyone can take her, but I think theorist is probably gonna have her.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #546 on: August 19, 2009, 04:36:28 PM »
I agree with all of that, also I am undeclaring my claim on the captain, anyone can take her, but I think theorist is probably gonna have her.

Damn right I am if no-one else wants her.  Of course, if anyone else does want her, I'll happily drop her.  Nue is the one I want over all the other UFO characters, and I wouldn't want to seem greedy by taking two of the newbies~

And yeah, I pretty much agree with E-Mouse on this.  Adding UFO characters to an existing team might seem a bit too... Contrived for my liking.  Which is why I always intended to add them to my RAI team (which I'm still working on, although all I really need to do now is sort out all the info I have into a coherent form)~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #547 on: August 19, 2009, 05:00:20 PM »
This is actually a plan I had for, like, a female high-schooler scholastic ronin (failed college entrance exams and taking a year to study for next time) otaku character that took in Nazrin as an unusually intelligent pet ala Orin, but with more random theft of shiny things. Then again, I'm overworking myself enough already.
Could it become more cliche than this?  :V

As for claimingness, I'd consider writing quality to be a good meta-level indicator of worthiness, and balancing out a team's combat abilities not. Plausible connections to existing teammates is valid. Having more people writing would be a mixed blessing; another person to keep track of and informed about RP events (and making sure they have a good grasp of what's occurred), but no increased burden on writing, relationship mapping, or character management for the existing players... I'm not sure how that balances out.
Here is the clue. We have been stuck for 2 months already in girl form. And as if that wasn't enough we turned into lolis. I'll speak for myself here: You cannot expect me to build up relations or manage characters (in my own team or friends) when you are being blocked by this case.

Why do you think I suggested MTG to create a new profile thread? To filter out the dead people or the ones who posted few times and dissapeared.

I am floating between joking and being serious in this case. MTG is well aware of this, as I personally + publicly spoke to him about this matter. It is that MTG has apparantly a far busy life than most of us have (hence, people who study medicine have that) but otherwise I would not tolerate this kind of slacking off. When you bend a storyline somewhere atleast give the people to continue somehow.

Even though I am called a Co-GM by him to help out still wouldn't move the story as we are lacking key-event.

The only plausible excuse for existing-team joining for the UFO crew at this point would be rescuing from another faction, which would probably have to be a team effort and leave linking choice pretty much up for grabs. And be very, very, VERY dangerous to security circumstances. Sorry guys, I'm not sure it's a good idea.
MTG already had some idea in his mind about the UFO girls. I am just curious in how far that idea will go.

@ Pesco if he is lurking. No angry motives here you Tewi. I am just discussing the case. :V

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #548 on: August 19, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
Everyone's a co-GM on this boat huh?

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #549 on: August 19, 2009, 05:35:21 PM »
Well damn, here I was wanting Shou and you say MTG's got a plan for them? I talked with him and got permission to get Kanako and Suwako. I thought he had plans for Kanako and he just goes and drops it I guess. Maybe his plan works better with the UFO people instead... but anyway, I made my profile and posted it so I'm just waiting on MTG like every1 else.

FIGHT!

Gpop

« Reply #550 on: August 19, 2009, 05:52:10 PM »
Hmm...is Nue still available? She could be perfect for my RAI force character which I was gonna used until MTG gave Utsuho away.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #551 on: August 19, 2009, 06:04:18 PM »
Hmm...is Nue still available? She could be perfect for my RAI force character which I was gonna used until MTG gave Utsuho away.

As you'd expect from me, I claimed her soon after she was unveiled.  And, uh, MTG kinda noted that in the post declaring that UFO characters were up for grabs...

...Damn, I thought I wouldn't be challenged...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #552 on: August 19, 2009, 06:06:13 PM »
YES! There will be blood!

Not in here of course. I like the place clean.

Gpop

« Reply #553 on: August 19, 2009, 06:07:20 PM »

As you'd expect from me, I claimed her soon after she was unveiled.  And, uh, MTG kinda noted that in the post declaring that UFO characters were up for grabs...

...Damn, I thought I wouldn't be challenged...

Uhh...well I really don't want to challenge people. I just need a character for my RAI force character that could fit well against mine.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #554 on: August 19, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »
Everyone's a co-GM on this boat huh?

As far as I know there are 1GM and 3Co-GMs

GM:MTG
CO-GM: Helepolis
CO-GM: TranceHime
CO-GM: E-Mouse

even though I looks like one, I'm not, I'm just providing technical supports like the chatroom and other projects like the archive and so.

Well, seeing that the story and the character relations are into a mess, I may come up with some sort of Character Relation graph tomorrow or so.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:29:34 PM by [TForce]nemoma »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #555 on: August 24, 2009, 04:54:04 AM »
Jesus motherfucking christ my next post is 30 pages and counting and I still have two significant events/discussions to go.

What is wrong with me.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #556 on: August 24, 2009, 04:57:09 AM »
Jesus motherfucking christ my next post is 30 pages and counting and I still have two significant events/discussions to go.

What is wrong with me.
O_o holy shit dood hahaha. just post pieces of it at a time instead. nothing wrong with doing parts! O_o
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #557 on: August 24, 2009, 05:04:47 AM »
I hate parts too, which is why my catch up post is taking so long... And it's not even long!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #558 on: August 24, 2009, 05:59:32 AM »
Part of the problem is that it's pretty much all one long sequence, so I'm not sure where to break it up. But given the length, I may have to.

Well, I could dump the first few pages, at least. There is ONE transition so far, even though the part up to it is short...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #559 on: August 24, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:16:44 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #560 on: August 24, 2009, 10:33:12 AM »
posting to say still in this for now posted my old profiles with trimmings of stuff i felt were fluff that wasn't of intrest anymore.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:35:00 AM by AJC »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #561 on: August 25, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »
Uhm.

I have a very severe issue to discuss but this is partly my fault.

18:59:12 (TranceHime) Oh, shit. Rabbit's new character laid claim to Gengetu and Mugetu, my intended partners for my SPOILER character
18:59:25 (TranceHime) Since I never made any mention of it, I'll have to completely change some aspects of her
18:59:39 (TranceHime) Wow what a hassle.
19:08:45 (Helepolis^Laptop) ?13:06:30? <Helepolis^Laptop> Rabbit rejoinin is a suprise. As he said he was out of the game
19:08:45 (Helepolis^Laptop) ?13:06:39? <Helepolis^Laptop> did you claimed them at MTG TranceHime?
19:08:55 (TranceHime) No, I made absolutely no mention of it at all.
19:09:04 (TranceHime) Fortunately, I can pretty much achieve the same effect with Mima as her partner
19:09:45 (Helepolis^Laptop) Oh yea that is going to be prolemtic
19:09:50 (Helepolis^Laptop) problemtic with mima :
19:10:11 (TranceHime) ?
19:10:17 (TranceHime) What's problematic with that?
19:10:20 (Helepolis^Laptop) As I first had her but Anthony wanted her.
19:10:27 (Helepolis^Laptop) Didn't
19:10:33 (Helepolis^Laptop) Didn't I told you that before?
19:10:39 (TranceHime) ...Well then.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #562 on: August 25, 2009, 11:27:13 AM »
Uhm.

I have a very severe issue to discuss but this is partly my fault.

18:59:12 (TranceHime) Oh, shit. Rabbit's new character laid claim to Gengetu and Mugetu, my intended partners for my SPOILER character
18:59:25 (TranceHime) Since I never made any mention of it, I'll have to completely change some aspects of her
18:59:39 (TranceHime) Wow what a hassle.
19:08:45 (Helepolis^Laptop) ?13:06:30? <Helepolis^Laptop> Rabbit rejoinin is a suprise. As he said he was out of the game
19:08:45 (Helepolis^Laptop) ?13:06:39? <Helepolis^Laptop> did you claimed them at MTG TranceHime?
19:08:55 (TranceHime) No, I made absolutely no mention of it at all.
19:09:04 (TranceHime) Fortunately, I can pretty much achieve the same effect with Mima as her partner
19:09:45 (Helepolis^Laptop) Oh yea that is going to be prolemtic
19:09:50 (Helepolis^Laptop) problemtic with mima :
19:10:11 (TranceHime) ?
19:10:17 (TranceHime) What's problematic with that?
19:10:20 (Helepolis^Laptop) As I first had her but Anthony wanted her.
19:10:27 (Helepolis^Laptop) Didn't
19:10:33 (Helepolis^Laptop) Didn't I told you that before?
19:10:39 (TranceHime) ...Well then.

Great my super secret (but not really) plan has been exposed. so yea I got a plan with hele involving mima, so no touchy.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2009, 12:01:11 PM »
Honestly, I can't say that isn't my fault.

But then, I am still very worried about this.

If I can't resolve this issue with Rabbit, I may have to drop out.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »
Well, this was unexpected.

All I can really say is try and see if you can talk things out with Rabbit and see if things work out from there.

Do you really need both the 'getu' sisters or could settle for just one? If so maybe you two could split Touhous.

That's all I can realy say for now...
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #565 on: August 25, 2009, 02:24:38 PM »
Had a talk with Trance.  Didn't realise this was going to be as big as it turned out to be, but it's not as if I'm carving out a pound of flesh to change this.  I'll cede Gengetu and Mugetu to him; it's just one character and I'm sure there will be others.  Other RPs, other Touhou-related stuff.  All will be fine.
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

Gpop

« Reply #566 on: August 25, 2009, 02:37:54 PM »
Wait, I noticed that Orin still isn't taken. Okay, my RAI force character (which I'll state in the profile thread once he has a character) would be alright with him.

Also, since Pedo is gone forever now, I guess Kisume is now available?

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2009, 02:46:32 PM »
Wait, I noticed that Orin still isn't taken. Okay, my RAI force character (which I'll state in the profile thread once he has a character) would be alright with him.

Also, since Pedo is gone forever now, I guess Kisume is now available?

look at Erebus's profile, second good guy character, has yadame and orin

Gpop

« Reply #568 on: August 25, 2009, 05:14:28 PM »
Hold on...I think I have a good idea with Ichirin/Unzan and someone else that isn't alive...

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #569 on: August 25, 2009, 05:20:25 PM »
Well, I'm going to do this now, since not everyone gets onto nemoma's chat, I'm stating all of the character that will be on my team later on, Sara, Youki, and Mima, those three I am going to have on later.

Edit: also, I think it would be a good idea that if anyone has any future plans to add on more characters to their teams, that you should post it, since not everyone goes on nemoma's chat.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:35:15 PM by Evil Spirit Anthony »