Author Topic: Path of Radiance Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 119250 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 1-
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2012, 05:14:12 AM »
Alright, let's get this ball rolling.

@Harold Wilson: I'm going to wait for a response from PX before I comment on it.
As for why Shadoweh over Conq? I was thinking about switching in #50, where I said I dislike both of them, but decided against it since Conq was actually posting stuff and Shadoweh was not.

@Conq: #53 for what I have against PX.

Hey Conq, Shadoweh, the entirety of your reasons for voting me was due to me not making much sense, right?
If you're going to keep your votes on me, mind stating the reason why?

@HW#59: Whatever, it's how I (t)roll.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2012, 05:17:49 AM »
Voting:
PX (1): Affinity
Shadoweh (2): Serela, Dormio
Bardiche (1): PX
Dormio (3): Shadoweh, Conq, Huh What

Not Voting:   ActionDan, Pesco, nurse rawr, Bardiche, BT, Trickysticks

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline for day 1 is ~70 hours. (watch timer here)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2012, 05:18:33 AM »
#53 doesn't even read like you're making a case for PX-scum.

I was actually thinking about switching to huhwhat maybe for post #55. I'll :words: about it in a bit maybe.
Anyway, the day's barely started. Keep your pants on.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2012, 05:19:33 AM »
Confirming.

The current discussion is garbage.
##VOTE: Huh What

I don't like the arbitrary decision that Dormio is having fun and PX is being unnecessarily obtuse. They're both morons, but this quality makes neither immediately scum. At this point both of them are equally idiotic for intentionally messing up the meaning behind their words, as Mafia is serious business.

Huh What skillfully jumps into the matter with some arbitrary reasoning to justify his lack of reasons, and then jumps to Dormio on an accusation of "taking advantage of what other people said", though I'm a bit lost on how Dormio needed anyone at all to say anything to make the rather obvious question of "Why me over PX?". Since it feels like a stretch to me just to be third on the wagon I'm content with my vote.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 05:21:31 AM »
Because I don't like your face. >:<
I'm going to wait to see more faces before deciding if any more of them are more deserving of having a vote stuck to them. Conq and I are going to be townie BFF's this game. I won't even accept any 1 vs 1's from him this time!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2012, 05:21:50 AM »
I say maybe because I'm not sure how much of me wanting to switch is itching because that vote looks contrived but then again it's ED1 so yup. I don't really understand the basis of the PX unvote because it looks like he was saying something different in #42.

Cut by Bard wow way to steal my fire jerk.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2012, 05:23:15 AM »
And about the part where I stopped using Voice Recognition was a lie

Translated edition of what you quoted

You yourself know what bullshit garble Voice Recognition pops out

I haven't set you as town or scum for screwing around and having fun in RVS, we all know it's random bullshit

Anyways, the part you're quoting me on was a random off comment, so why are you trying to make it relevant to the game?

Bardiche

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2012, 05:25:35 AM »
I was actually cut by #59, which seems more like a playstyle argument, the use of which is also scummy as far as I care: your personal preference in how to play ED1 does not need to translate into people being scummy for not playing that way.

Conq, stop fencesitting.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2012, 05:26:07 AM »
Wait, what, really?
That was what that line was adapted from?
:V:V:V:V:V:

As for why I was looking at it, because it's ED1 and there isn't all that much in the game yet, so I'm looking at whatever.

I'll also note that Shadoweh and Conq don't really feel like doing anything with their votes for the time being, then.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2012, 05:26:24 AM »
Dormio is trying to do something with premises which I cannot agree with, but still, he deserves props for trying. 

##Unvote
##Vote: huhwhat

On another note, huhwhat seems somewhat opportunistic in his  striking down of Dormio.  How is Dormio doing 'three weak attacks' scummy at a time when no one else seems to be attacking?  Also, no matter how questionable it might be, his point against PX is pretty strong for this time in my opinion, if one makes the assumption that Dormio's interpretation is correct.

Conqueror

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2012, 05:35:08 AM »
Conq, stop fencesitting.
I can't help being indecisive.  :ohdear:

I'll also note that Shadoweh and Conq don't really feel like doing anything with their votes for the time being, then.
Why so testy? If you have something to say, say it. I'll note your vote on Shadoweh; is that still RVS?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2012, 05:37:47 AM »
It's so nice to be town again! 

##Vote Serela

You're starting to look delicious!

##Unvote
##Vote HW

Calling Dormio town then retracting it for reasons that are on the surface understandable but when looking a little deeper seem like a contrived stretch makes me twitch.
O look Bard gets it I think.

Conq + Shadoweh votes for Dormio seem fishy.  Shadoweh's more so.  I have a feeling I'll like Conq more the more he posts.

I like my Serela vote so much I think I'll let HW go for now.

##Unvote
##Vote Serela

Fun facts!
#1) Dormio's probably town. 
#2) I there was no change of heart in these votes.  I fully intended leaving my vote on Serela. 
#3) I breezed over most of Conq's posts.

P.S. I am going to try the MS style of play this game.  RL issues force my hand, but since I'm a junkie I signed up anyway.

P.P.S what the fuck, 9 new replys?!  Freaking kids these days

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2012, 05:43:58 AM »
@Harold Wilson: I'm going to wait for a response from PX before I comment on it.
As for why Shadoweh over Conq? I was thinking about switching in #50, where I said I dislike both of them, but decided against it since Conq was actually posting stuff and Shadoweh was not.

@HW#59: Whatever, it's how I (t)roll.
:/
I don't think either vote was scummy given that they seemed to be based more on annoyance, but Shadoweh was actually trying to read the person she was voting while Conq was not. As far as I could tell they were posting an equal amount of "stuff".

Unless you wanted to argue that ShadowehXConq are a scumpair trying to create a wagon on you, "these two players look bad for the same reason, but I'm placing my vote on this one over the other just because" was pretty flimsy when you could have commited to a stronger stance on one of them. Context makes me think you were looking for people to poke at, not a scum to vote against.

Hi Bard cut. Why are you selectively attacking the weaker parts of my reasons for voting people while ignoring the main issues I took against them? Cherry picking is for farmers, and even with your meta I don't know why you'd softclaim Brom this early. Can't tell how my reasoning has been contrived given that I didn't contrive it. Elaborate and I'll elaborate too.

Affinity, I don't see why I should be giving Dormio cred for a good point on an unflipped player, especially when it might not even be valid in the face of something PX had already posted at that point. I would hope the earlier part of this post answers your question.

Never said I was reading Dormio as town, Dan. I said I didn't think the google translator shenanigans pointed to him being scum, and I still maintain this opinion.

Bardiche

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2012, 05:47:31 AM »
Conqueror, substantiate then why you mention Huh What as being switch-worthy but like your current vote more.

Huh What, I can't tell whether or not it was your main reason, your post lacks explanation of why Dormio is the scum.

Bardiche

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »
I'm changing my mind, I really hate fucking work of the Google translation.

##Unvote
##Vote Dormio
That post was pretty noncommital and looks like you're taking advantage of what other people already said. Why Shadoweh over Conq? I'd argue Conq is worse from my perspective.

Quoting the post in question, I note these reasons:
- I hate Google translation.
- The post was pretty noncommital.
- You look like you're taking advantage of what other people already said.
- I don't like how you find Shadoweh scummier than Conq.

Which of these four was your "main reason" for voting Dormio and finding him the scummiest player yet alive? I found point #3 to be the best thing you had, but if you disagree I'd love your reasoning.

Conqueror

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2012, 05:58:47 AM »
@Bard
In #55 HW unvotes PX with the rationale that he misinterpreted PX's "voice recognition would be townie" comment blah blah and now he's wrong...when from #42 I'd gathered that he was mainly voting PX for being "intentionally obtuse" with that other thing as a side comment. Also, I don't see where PX has done anything substantial since HW's original vote, so I'd wonder why he'd switch to Dormio for what looks like fairly weak reasons (nothing really wrong with being noncommittal this early in the day).

I haven't switched because I feel like I'm being overly tautological. Dormio is talking about my vote being on him but hasn't elaborated yet on his own vote.

Conqueror

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2012, 06:01:24 AM »
My last line in the previous post was referring to this.

Conqueror

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2012, 06:05:36 AM »
EBWOP: Not that I think Shadoweh has produced any content of note. I'm just interested in Dormio's rationale for his vote.

Conqueror

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2012, 06:06:13 AM »
EBWODP: Since he decided to get "serious", as it were.

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2012, 06:07:17 AM »
- 1 was a joke and directed at PX.
- 2 and 4 together are the main reasons I dislike Dormio. I think a townie would have handled the situation by looking for a scum to commit to a strong vote against. "These people are bad for the same reasons" is only going to worry scum if they're buddies together. Like I said, it seems to me that Dormio was looking for people to poke at, not a scum to vote against.
- 3 is something I disliked but not what I felt justified my vote the most.

I was voting PX because my interpretation of his #36 made me think he was legitimately complying with my #23 and posting a serious town read to say "hey, I can have opinions, I'm so town!" or something along those lines, even though he was actually doing jack shit. I said he was being obtuse because I thought he posted a serious comment while still using the translator. He then clarified when he meant, so I figured my vote was worthless and switched.

Also, Bard, how was my vote too much of a stretch to be the third vote on Dormio's wagon when the first two barely even qualified as legitimate reasons to lynch somebody?

Watch as Conq cuts me with a "EBWOTP: Posting again to cut HW".  :fail:

ActionDan

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2012, 06:11:36 AM »
skimming error.  Read "I changed my mind" -----> "##Vote Dormio"

Still, my brain registered somehow that you held a favorable opinion of Dormio.  O well, I made the jump from "planned and not scummy" ----> town instead of ------> null. 

What's your opinion of Conq/Shadoweh? not scummy/not scummy?

affinity the thing that gives me pause over "HW opportunistic voting" is that it seemed blatant.  I could well call your vote the same.  Thing is you did a very similar vote on Omba as town in Jojo's.  I don't like the buzz word opportunistic I guess.

cuts, like Bard I would have thought 3 > (2 + 4) to you; it sounded that way anyway. not really sure what to make of that.

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2012, 06:20:48 AM »
@Conq: My issue with you and Shadoweh? I guess it could be summed up as voteparking.
Shadoweh voted me, saying that she couldn't understand what I was saying. Fair enough.
You sheeped on that point and like I said, I was thinking of switching to you, but decided that, since you were both doing the same thing and it was ED1, whatever. Not to mention that you were actually posting.
However, that was the only reason given for voting me. And it just so happened that both of you voted for me, even though PX and huh what were also using similar techniques. Though I will note that google translate is much more understandable than speech recognition.
Anyway, I have asked for both of you to give reasons so as to why you continue to vote me when I have stopped using speech recognition.
I have not gotten a response, therefore I must infer that the two of you care not about where your vote is, happy to simply park it on me.
I think that this is scummy.

Why am I voting for Shadoweh over you?
Well, again, it's still because you're posting. Though I don't really like what you're posting, since you have said... nothing?
Seriously, I have no idea what you think about anything.
##Unvote
##Vote Conqueror
Naturally, this does not mean that I dislike Shadoweh any less.

Now, I'll get to the other parts of the game when I have time.

Bardiche

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2012, 06:23:58 AM »
Now we're getting somewhere. I highlighted #3 as what I felt to be your main reason, as I felt the accusation that Dormio was taking advantage of other people's words to be a heavier accusation than the lack of commitment and finding Shadoweh scummier; the latter I don't tend to vote on this early in the game, as who you find scummy is hardly an indication of your own scum status.

To elucidate why I found the non-commitment a small thing, it is because Dormio has not only pointed to the people he dislikes most right now, he is also voting Shadoweh. This seems like a commitment to the idea that either one of two or both are scum. I'll note he asked a question of the two of them, which at least also implies some form of commitment. If anything I would consider it a degree of OMGUS and fencesitting, but I am uninterested at present to pursue that as I eagerly await Dormio's further actions.

That he votes Shadoweh over Conq seems more to be an issue of where his jokevote landed, and a lack of decision of who is worst. I therefore did not consider it a valid thing to level at him, although I might at that if this state of indecision continues.

Thus. I do not think your main reasons check out entirely and it feels like a grasp at straws to push a fast case on someone. Why your vote was too strong a stretch just to be third of the wagon in spite of the other two votes being marginally substantial as well? Well, you know what they say. Third on the wagon is scum.

Of Conq I express dislike now. That he has valid reason to at least pursue Huh What with questions (I believe they are valid concerns) but neglects this until prompted to and in favour of his stated Dormio case, which is only that he likes PX better doesn't strike me as a pro-active town thing to do. Please explain why you feel that Dormio is scum, Conqueror.

Cut by Dormio breaking the indecision and bringing good reasons to the table.

Dan, why is Serela the best place to put your vote now?

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2012, 06:28:05 AM »
What's your opinion of Conq/Shadoweh? not scummy/not scummy?
Their Dormio votes were null when initially made. Conq is voteparking for minimal reasons right now, though, and I'd reason he doesn't want to get caught wagon hopping, since pushing me to 4 votes this early in the day is something he'd have to take significant accountability for. Have barely been processing his posts until now due to the ridiculous amount of cuts, but feel confident in this now that I have.

##Unvote
##Vote Conqueror
Why are you too scared to switch to my wagon when your reasoning against Dormio barely even exists?

Cut by my original scumread saying the exact same thing that I'm saying. <_< That said, Conq is worse as far as I'm concerned, and I doubt they're scum together, so still comfortable with this.

I think Bard has more reason to attack Conq than me too. ps STOP FUCKING CUTTING ME

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2012, 06:29:12 AM »
Conq + Shadoweh votes for Dormio seem fishy.  Shadoweh's more so.  I have a feeling I'll like Conq more the more he posts.
But you're never going to like me? Jerk. <_<

I hope you didn't really think I was serious about lynching Dormio for using Google Translate. I'm still half asleep and can't process words, so voting someone new is :effort:. Still don't feel like the scum have arrived yet. I supose I should at least vote someone more likely to be scum. Not feeing it from Dormio PX Dan Conq huh what Affinity Bardiche so..

##Unvote
##Vote: Dr Rawr

Welcome to the mafia! :D

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2012, 06:34:35 AM »
That he has valid reason to at least pursue Huh What with questions (I believe they are valid concerns) but neglects this until prompted to

I'll get to the rest of this later but I just want to say that when I posted that I was about to walk away from the thread and be productive with work I have to do. I would have said the same without your prompting, thank you very much.

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2012, 06:36:48 AM »
I can't focus on processing new posts if they get made while I'm already trying to elaborate on something. gjdfkhsdfkjh

I felt Dormio wasn't taking a strong commitment since he never went out of his way to push one in particular, or push the two as scumbuddies (though that would have been silly). He left himself open to both possibilities in the future and wasn't covering his bases.

Why your vote was too strong a stretch just to be third of the wagon in spite of the other two votes being marginally substantial as well? Well, you know what they say. Third on the wagon is scum.
That was some pretty blatant question dodging. :/

At this point, though, Conq's vote on Dormio is even more of a stretch than mine was. You should lynch him instead.

Wary of Shadoweh showing up to move off of Dormio as soon as somebody points out she was voteparking. She's not worse than Conq, but that timing was way too convenient.

After further thought, I'm renouncing my scum read on Dormio because I like his Conq vote and he's been the center of the day so far for reasons that were entirely controllable on his part.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2012, 06:42:23 AM »

##Unvote
##Vote: Dr Rawr

Welcome to the mafia! :D

##Vote Shadoweh

Votepark. It's because you don't have a car that you practice parking like this, isn't it?

@mod: Requesting modkills for idiots that don't post in proper English.

I'll have a closer reeread after my work for the day.

ActionDan

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2012, 06:56:20 AM »
Dan, why is Serela the best place to put your vote now?

For this.  Asking for a pat on the head made me administer a flick to my computer screen.  Knee-Jerk vote.  I feel the need to apply pressure to his forehead more.

I'd consider voting Hw and possibly Affinity.  However,
Still don't feel like the scum have arrived yet.
I feel this way too.

Actually, Shadoweh, would you mind voting Serela with me, I feel a little lonely :(

That said, Conq is worse as far as I'm concerned, and I doubt they're scum together, so still comfortable with this.
Feels like extra baggage.  the vote on Conq seems weak overall.  prolly because you are giving scum motivations for voteparking Dormio that I don't see existing (a.k.a Conq not wanting reponsibly for placing your wagon at 4 votes).

Sleeping now.

Don't lynch me.

Conqueror

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2012, 06:57:17 AM »
I have not gotten a response, therefore I must infer that the two of you care not about where your vote is, happy to simply park it on me.
I think that this is scummy.

Why am I voting for Shadoweh over you?
Well, again, it's still because you're posting. Though I don't really like what you're posting, since you have said... nothing?
Seriously, I have no idea what you think about anything.

Look, if you think I've been posting nothing, either you're being obtuse or you haven't been reading my posts at all.
I don't sheep people. I voted you in the beginning to get a wagon going. It's how the game starts. At that stage in the game I don't really care who my vote lands on, as long as I get something out of it. This entire schtick from you felt like a massive overreaction on your part. Why are you so worried about my vote on you?

I voted Dormio as a joke, and later I kept the vote because I felt he was being hypocritical for calling others out for not engaging in the game. But I've been posting outside of my vote on you. What have you done?

Of Conq I express dislike now. That he has valid reason to at least pursue Huh What with questions (I believe they are valid concerns) but neglects this until prompted to and in favour of his stated Dormio case, which is only that he likes PX better doesn't strike me as a pro-active town thing to do. Please explain why you feel that Dormio is scum, Conqueror.

See above for why I voted Dormio. As for why I think he's scum, I never particularly thought he was scum. It's not a pressure vote if you tell them it is. I'm interested in what Dormio will provide when he gets back to the "rest of the game."

Their Dormio votes were null when initially made. Conq is voteparking for minimal reasons right now, though, and I'd reason he doesn't want to get caught wagon hopping, since pushing me to 4 votes this early in the day is something he'd have to take significant accountability for. Have barely been processing his posts until now due to the ridiculous amount of cuts, but feel confident in this now that I have.

##Unvote
##Vote Conqueror
Why are you too scared to switch to my wagon when your reasoning against Dormio barely even exists?

You're right; I don't like wagon hopping. I feel it cheapens my vote. I would have voted you if I didn't feel like voting Dormio.
Why do you think I'm scared? I've given you my reasoning; if you don't like it so be it.

huhwhat is spinning like a top in his vote post for me. I really like the sudden epiphany where he suddenly reads my posts and decides that they're scummy now that some people are looking my way. You should get a career as a political consultant.
##Vote: huhwhat