Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 212013 times)

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
Re: Cosmic Break
« Reply #900 on: May 01, 2011, 11:33:28 PM »
I made my Misty a hopper.
People are already angry at me, but it's hilarious.
:getdown:
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #901 on: May 01, 2011, 11:34:59 PM »
You're supposed to use the legs, or a spear.
Generally, the gun you use will vary depending on the situation.
Arena? Grab what you're good with.
Proto Ark fight? shotguns.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #902 on: May 01, 2011, 11:36:50 PM »
Doesn't everyone make their Misty a hopper? I thought it was impractical to anything else. I remember laughing at Mistys as they tried to hit me with their scythe. Is there any other Misty besides hopper Misty? 

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #903 on: May 01, 2011, 11:43:39 PM »
Doesn't everyone make their Misty a hopper? I thought it was impractical to anything else. I remember laughing at Mistys as they tried to hit me with their scythe. Is there any other Misty besides hopper Misty?
Now that I think about it, I see a lot of hopper Mistys...
Also, I only use melee in 1v1 fights or when backed up with other teammates.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #904 on: May 02, 2011, 12:11:06 AM »
Now that I think about it, I see a lot of hopper Mistys...
Also, I only use melee in 1v1 fights or when backed up with other teammates.

Well, in my experience, if I see a Misty I automatically think "hopper" or "derp with scythe." When you say you use melee, are you talking scythe? You might want to get rid of it and get a buckler.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #905 on: May 02, 2011, 12:13:25 AM »
I'm keeping the scythe. Though I have Misty the short boost, it's not like I'm going to stop using melee with her altogether...

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #906 on: May 02, 2011, 01:26:03 AM »
I'm keeping the scythe. Though I have Misty the short boost, it's not like I'm going to stop using melee with her altogether...

If you want to melee with her, give her dual slayer bits. You don't want to be using the scythe when you're in the mist anyways.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #907 on: May 02, 2011, 01:32:53 AM »

« Reply #908 on: May 02, 2011, 02:13:14 AM »
Misty's scythe sucks.  Craptastic damage, craptastic range, knockback pushes your opponent so far away that they're automatically safe after 20~60 damage, and the dash attack is even more craptastic.  Apparently her AM3 doesn't have those problems, but I'm not about to try it.

If you aren't using Misty for hopping, you're using her for sniping.  And half the time you're using her for sniping, you're using decent hopper weapons on her anyway.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #909 on: May 02, 2011, 02:36:01 AM »
Apparently her AM3 doesn't have those problems, but I'm not about to try it.

Are you sure about that? I've never actually used the AM3 in arena, but the only difference I noticed by swinging it around in the Wiz area is that in her running attack, she swings the scythe multiple times instead of one before attacking. I'm gonna try it out in practice.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #910 on: May 02, 2011, 02:37:37 AM »
My Misty will fucking rip your heart out

Misty's scythe sucks.  Craptastic damage, craptastic range, knockback pushes your opponent so far away that they're automatically safe after 20~60 damage, and the dash attack is even more craptastic.  Apparently her AM3 doesn't have those problems, but I'm not about to try it.

If you aren't using Misty for hopping, you're using her for sniping.  And half the time you're using her for sniping, you're using decent hopper weapons on her anyway.

Gee, does this mean I'm the only one without a Misty? Oh well, she can wait until after I learn to Jikun. I don't too many of them anymore anyways. I mean, I ocassionally see them, but they usually aren't high in rank. For every Jikun, there's at least 4 Vanguards.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #911 on: May 02, 2011, 02:57:58 AM »
I usually run-n-gun with Misty and only use hopping as a last resort or dodging/escaping. Her scythe I only use when an enemy is cornered and I have teammates backing me up.

I like to do things wrong :3

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #912 on: May 02, 2011, 03:00:36 AM »
I just tried AM3 in practice, it's still pretty much the same thing just different animations. It still has the problem of "Can't Hit Shit Captain." At least the Sugoi-gara Misty has Sugoi hair.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #913 on: May 03, 2011, 11:50:05 PM »
CB should get new maps. I feel like there could be more variety between them. They could have a map contest at some point.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #914 on: May 06, 2011, 10:06:28 PM »
Speaking of variety, someone give me some joke builds.  I've been using a Seraph hopper recently for lulz.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #915 on: May 07, 2011, 12:12:47 AM »
Get a Butterflea, get his fly to 40, and hop with him. He has Short Boost, Quick Land, and Quick Jump. He should get the same hops as Seraph but without the anti-homing.

« Reply #916 on: May 07, 2011, 02:14:56 AM »
Get a Butterflea, get his fly to 40, and hop with him. He has Short Boost, Quick Land, and Quick Jump. He should get the same hops as Seraph but without the anti-homing.
Nah, wings actually make hops special.  You can't get that effect with anything else except maybe shaden BS or aquila girl.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #917 on: May 08, 2011, 11:26:36 PM »
Does the joke build need to be good? I wonder what a Misty with 4 scythes would look like.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #918 on: May 08, 2011, 11:32:42 PM »
Does the joke build need to be good? I wonder what a Misty with 4 scythes would look like.
Ask B2Seeker.

Speaking of B2Seeker, this is why you don't run triple C.S. commando and ignore your left mouse button. :derp:

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #919 on: May 08, 2011, 11:35:04 PM »

Once I get 2 Asuras I'll make a 4 Scythe Misty with Laz BS, though I probably wont have enough space for the Laz BS

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #920 on: May 08, 2011, 11:45:15 PM »
Once I get 2 Asuras I'll make a 4 Scythe Misty with Laz BS, though I probably wont have enough space for the Laz BS

Cosmic Calc says it can be done.

【Robot Name】
Misty Hollow

【Parts】
BD: Misty Hollow BD
 WB: Sword Bit(default)
 LG: Frog Lander LG
 HD: Misty Hollow HD
  HDAC: Chinese Crown
  FCAC: Halloween Scarf
 BS: LazFlamme BS
 AM: Asura AMJ
  AM: Misty Hollow AM2
  AM: Misty Hollow AM3

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: S
COST: 1145
CAPA: 1150
HP: 359
STR: 23
TEC: 9
WLK: 20
FLY: 8
TGH: 10

LEVEL: 6

【Cartridges】
Capacity +70?6

I was thinking of making a Laz with 2 Laz BSes and calling it the human millipede.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #921 on: May 09, 2011, 12:58:04 AM »
I was thinking of using the Laz BS with Laz LG for maximum style

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #922 on: May 09, 2011, 01:49:44 AM »
I was thinking of using the Laz BS with Laz LG for maximum style

【Robot Name】
Misty Hollow

【Parts】
BD: Misty Hollow BD
 WB: Dual Slayer Bit
 LG: LazFlamme LG [Great Capacity] [Great Capacity]
 HD: Misty Hollow HD
  HDAC: Chinese Crown
  FCAC: Halloween Scarf
  AM: Misty Hollow AM3

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: S
COST: 1370
CAPA: 1370
HP: 384
STR: 24
TEC: 10
WLK: 22
FLY: 10
TGH: 7

LEVEL: 6

【Cartridges】
Capacity +70?6

【必要素材】
Midoro Cosmos?80
Yoguru Cosmos?40
Rainbow Chip?80
Power Amp?1200
Engine Shaft?1200
Rapid Crystal?1200
Hulk Meteorite?400
Screw Bolts?600
Steel Wheel?600
Miracle Ammonite?200
Shining Feather?200

This is a bit more tedious, though. If you only want 1 Laz LG, though, you need one regular capacity tune.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #923 on: May 12, 2011, 11:40:24 PM »
Looks like this thread's dying.

I haven't been active much on here because I came back to a forum I used to go to. They have a Cosmic Break thread there, too.
"i saw a jikun long with two shields
took our entire team to kill him
op/10"

(Please tell me why I junked my Jikun Long...)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #924 on: May 13, 2011, 12:23:22 AM »
Well, it's because everyone either ragequit or goes on the official forum. As mentioned before, the only people that from MoTK I haven't seen on the offical or fanmade forums are you and the Komachi guy, and that's might only be because I'm looking for soot/wisp,(no idea what Kcmachi dude goes by.)

Honestly, I'll say it before and I'll say it again. I don't get why people don't put guns on melee bots. That's just asking to crapped on by Airs, though really anything with a gun and higher speed, not even that, can do it too.

I never got all the rage about Jikuns either. Most are very predictable in their lag attack and have low tough. Spacebar does wonders too. I have yet to see a Jikun player get top 10. When I play Jikun, I'm using my bazooka most of the time as people turtle like crazy.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #925 on: May 13, 2011, 12:32:42 AM »
Well, unlike most LND, Jikun-series bots aren't meant to be hit.
They're meant to zoom around the battlefield like Speedy Gonzales on crack. And use either occasional melee attacks, as is the case with Long. Or use primarily Guns/Melee Weapons, as is the case with Hu.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #926 on: May 13, 2011, 01:09:50 AM »
Well, unlike most LND, Jikun-series bots aren't meant to be hit.
They're meant to zoom around the battlefield like Speedy Gonzales on crack. And use either occasional melee attacks, as is the case with Long. Or use primarily Guns/Melee Weapons, as is the case with Hu.

Okay, the problem is their melee never hits with me, and if I'm using guns all the time, Laz has more tec and less cost.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #927 on: May 13, 2011, 01:36:24 AM »
*reads Suguri/Esoterica's Laz guide on CB forums*
Oh~ So that's how I'm supposed to use Laz...
Also, did I read something along the lines of "hopper Accel Saber GP" there? I bought an Accel Saber GP a few days ago, decided to make it a run-n-gun, but should I make it a hopper instead?

« Reply #928 on: May 13, 2011, 02:33:32 AM »
As far as I can tell (never actually used him lol), you whore Jikun Hu's melee attacks.

With Long, you play gunner and use the LG to combo into free unavoidable gun shots whenever something gets close, with W-Tackle for surprise ambushes.

« Reply #929 on: May 14, 2011, 04:01:23 AM »
Well, it's because everyone either ragequit or goes on the official forum. As mentioned before, the only people that from MoTK I haven't seen on the offical or fanmade forums are you and the Komachi guy, and that's might only be because I'm looking for soot/wisp,(no idea what Kcmachi dude goes by.)

Honestly, I'll say it before and I'll say it again. I don't get why people don't put guns on melee bots. That's just asking to crapped on by Airs, though really anything with a gun and higher speed, not even that, can do it too.

I never got all the rage about Jikuns either. Most are very predictable in their lag attack and have low tough. Spacebar does wonders too. I have yet to see a Jikun player get top 10. When I play Jikun, I'm using my bazooka most of the time as people turtle like crazy.
Haven't been on much, got sidetracked by comp problems and anime, and the browser I used to use mostly decided to suck with it's last patch.
Rembering password +signing in to all my forums takes time and effort.
Yep I'm on the offical forum as well.