Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 6 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)  (Read 269094 times)

Zoriri

• Danmaku Trainee
Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 6 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)
« Reply #690 on: March 05, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »
Hi, I'm fairly new to programming in danmakufu, but i have absolutly no idea were to even start trying to learn anything. Where do you guys think i should start?

Zoriri

• Danmaku Trainee
« Reply #692 on: March 05, 2013, 09:34:52 PM »
And now i feel stupid :blush: I'l be sure to keep these in mind in the future.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #693 on: March 05, 2013, 09:41:54 PM »
And now i feel stupid :blush: I'l be sure to keep these in mind in the future.

Taking a good cup of tea/coffee and reading the "Great information" sticky thread is quite useful as well for new comers. You'll find a lot of things in there.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #694 on: March 06, 2013, 01:40:21 AM »
New Q regarding player spell cards:

Is it possible to have a common task that is called from within each spell card? include_function doesn't work, and copying a ridiculously long task for each individual spell takes up too much space and makes debugging a royal pain.

If I define the task outside the script_spell_main, Danmakufu won't pick up on it and will ignore it, so that's why I ask.

« Reply #695 on: March 06, 2013, 05:27:40 AM »
New Q regarding player spell cards:

Is it possible to have a common task that is called from within each spell card? include_function doesn't work, and copying a ridiculously long task for each individual spell takes up too much space and makes debugging a royal pain.

If I define the task outside the script_spell_main, Danmakufu won't pick up on it and will ignore it, so that's why I ask.
Include_function should work, since it's a common task. Are you sure you didn't define the include_function part wrong?
If you didn't, what kind of task is it? (Cutin, Image loading/drawing, Etc.)

And if I'm not wrong, I've been wondering, is a task and a function basically the same thing?
Except tasks don't need you to go through the whole task to continue on after the task calling, while functions do.
Like:
Code: [Select]
fire;
move;
If the "fire" is a task, move would also start when the fire task starts.
But if it is a function, fire will have to  finish before move starts.
Am I right?
Currently a normal player

Drake

« Reply #696 on: March 06, 2013, 06:37:18 AM »
No. It may seem a bit like that, but that is not technically the case.

A subroutine simply runs a particular section of code. A function runs a section of code, but can take parameters to use as local variables within the code block. A function may also return a value when called, which makes it much more than simply calling some code.

A task creates a new microthread within the engine (it also doesn't return a value). This has a bunch of extra processing consequences, but most notably it gets a turn in the running queue. Because of this, if you yield() inside of a task's microthread, it will pass the processing over to the next microthread in queue, or the microthread that started the task if it hasn't yielded before. If you don't yield during a task, the microthread will still be created, it will just end once you reach the end of the task and return to whatever started it. If you yield during a subroutine, or a function, they have not created a separate microthread, and so yield() will yield whatever microthread called said subroutine or function. This is why the often-used wait() function works; it simply puts a bunch of extra yields whereever you call it. Once all of the running microthreads have yielded, the engine runs the rest of the processing required for that frame, updates drawing and the frame counter, and begins the next frame. Now, when the microthread queue starts again, processing will pick back up wherever each microthread yielded before.

It isn't that you "don't need to" go through the whole task at once, nor do you have to go through a whole function at once, since you can easily have a function like
function bla{ doop; yield; doop; } that will run doop(), yield to "wait a frame", then the next frame run doop() again.
Yes, in that example fire() will have to complete before move() starts if fire() is a function since both run in the same microthread, but if fire() is a task then you would have to yield off in order for move() to run before fire() finishes. Also, in both cases fire() and move() will run, or at least begin, on the same frame.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:43:25 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #697 on: March 06, 2013, 06:41:43 AM »
That is not true. Fire and move in this case will be executed at the same time, no matter they are functions or tasks.

Also Include function does work. I've been like non-stop scripting tasks/functions outside the spell card files to call things like SpellCircles and other custom effects.

Customeffect.txt >>

task fire { CreateShot01(); }

Inside a spell card.txt >>
#include_function "script\customeffect.txt"

fire;

Pretty much is the idea.

Edit: Drake beat me to it with the task/function thing.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #698 on: March 07, 2013, 02:30:16 AM »
That is not true. Fire and move in this case will be executed at the same time, no matter they are functions or tasks.

Also Include function does work. I've been like non-stop scripting tasks/functions outside the spell card files to call things like SpellCircles and other custom effects.

Customeffect.txt >>

task fire { CreateShot01(); }

Inside a spell card.txt >>
#include_function "script\customeffect.txt"

fire;

Pretty much is the idea.

Edit: Drake beat me to it with the task/function thing.

In other words, you can actually call it from with script_spell? Wow. I should have just tried it. That makes things much easier. Now I need those Okuu player sprites.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #699 on: March 09, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »
Hmmm I have been thinking about the following mechanics for setting a menu. Want to double check if I am on the right track or perhaps could approach it differently?

For implementing a character selection, I probably have to script a dummy character including all the player scripts in one (or multi files for the overview). Assuming that from my own menu, depending on the set parameters (selected character) that part of the player script should be loaded right? I.e:
- Playerscript.txt contains texture/anim/shot data for  Marisa/Reimu.
- Upon selecting Reimu, her part part in playerscript.txt gets called and basically the player plays as Reimu (Dummy char becomes Reimu)

Second question is regarding Spell Card practise. I assume that they are simply called within the stage file just like as stages would be called? Except is it possible to call 1 specific spell? As far as I know, there is CreateEnemyFromFile for this function. Except the entire game has to understand this specific called enemy is a practise script. So I am guessing I need to implement a parameter inside each boss spell card, listening to whether it is being called as a regular game play or practise mode? Because after Finalize the game has to return back to my "main menu". I.e:
- Somespell01.txt -> has commondata/parameter checking isPractise true/false(?)
- If true -> Return to "main menu"
- If false -> Ignore returning to main menu (most likely it will continue its plural script structure?)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:37:34 PM by Helepolis »

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #700 on: March 09, 2013, 05:27:06 PM »
Hmmm I have been thinking about the following mechanics for setting a menu. Want to double check if I am on the right track or perhaps could approach it differently?

For implementing a character selection, I probably have to script a dummy character including all the player scripts in one (or multi files for the overview). Assuming that from my own menu, depending on the set parameters (selected character) that part of the player script should be loaded right? I.e:
- Playerscript.txt contains texture/anim/shot data for  Marisa/Reimu.
- Upon selecting Reimu, her part part in playerscript.txt gets called and basically the player plays as Reimu (Dummy char becomes Reimu)

Second question is regarding Spell Card practise. I assume that they are simply called within the stage file just like as stages would be called? Except is it possible to call 1 specific spell? As far as I know, there is CreateEnemyFromFile for this function. Except the entire game has to understand this specific called enemy is a practise script. So I am guessing I need to implement a parameter inside each boss spell card, listening to whether it is being called as a regular game play or practise mode? Because after Finalize the game has to return back to my "main menu". I.e:
- Somespell01.txt -> has commondata/parameter checking isPractise true/false(?)
- If true -> Return to "main menu"
- If false -> Ignore returning to main menu (most likely it will continue its plural script structure?)
You're pretty much correct on all of those. However, you shouldn't have to put the code for returning to the main menu in the spell's finalize. You can just CreateEnemyFromFile the spell and simply wait for the spell enemy to be deleted before either returning to the main menu or asking whether the player want's to try again or something like that. Unfortunately, the biggest problem with this sort of spell practice within 0.12m is that replays will not work well with this at all.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #701 on: March 09, 2013, 09:23:08 PM »
I haven't scripted it yet, thought I would first plan out and verify my thoughts. I guess in terms of replay it isn't anything dramatic, just wondering how CtC did it. Vaguely remember some old posts regarding it.

Right, I guess I'll start out implementing character select screen with simple variables and work the graphics later around it.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #702 on: March 10, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
   task lolfireg{
      let x = 0;
      let dir = 0;
      let ang = 0;
      let ang2 = 0;
      wait(120);
      wait(3940);
      loop{
         while(x<16){
            CreateShotA(1,GetPlayerX+100*cos(ang),GetPlayerY+100*sin(ang),20);
            SetShotDataA(1,0,3,dir,0,0,0,GREEN05);
            FireShot(1);
            CreateShotA(2,GetPlayerX+100*cos(ang2),GetPlayerY+100*sin(ang2),20);
            SetShotDataA(2,0,3,dir,0,0,0,GREEN05);
            FireShot(2);
            dir+=22.5;
            ang += 22.5;
            ang2 += 22.5;
            x++;
         }
         x = 0;
         dir = 0;
         ang += 1;
         ang2 -= 1;
         wait(1);
         yield;
      }   }
How do I get it to not close in on the player?
Edit: And how to I make the player invincible during the SetEffectForZeroLife?
Edit: How do I make fog?
lol questions
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:04:57 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #703 on: March 10, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
   task lolfireg{
      let x = 0;
      let dir = 0;
      let ang = 0;
      let ang2 = 0;
      wait(120);
      wait(3940);
      loop{
         while(x<16){
            SetShotDataA(1,0,3,dir,0,0,0,GREEN05);
            FireShot(1);
            SetShotDataA(2,0,3,dir,0,0,0,GREEN05);
            FireShot(2);
            dir+=22.5;
            ang += 22.5;
            ang2 += 22.5;
            x++;
         }
         x = 0;
         dir = 0;
         ang += 1;
         ang2 -= 1;
         wait(1);
         yield;
      }   }
How do I get it to not close in on the player?
Edit: And how to I make the player invincible during the SetEffectForZeroLife?
Edit: How do I make fog?
lol questions

1) Explain in more detail please. If you're referring to shots being created on top of the player, then it has to do with your trig. From what I see, you create two rings of 16 create shots every frame after 4060 frames that fly away from the player, like IN Stage 6 Midboss Eirin.
2) You can't unless you program a new method for doing it. The boss is technically still 'alive'. because the Finalize loop has not been run.
3) Read Nuclear Cheese's tutorial.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:19:27 PM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #704 on: March 10, 2013, 10:38:42 PM »
1) Explain in more detail please. If you're referring to shots being created on top of the player, then it has to do with your trig. From what I see, you create two rings of 16 create shots every frame after 4060 frames that fly away from the player, like IN Stage 6 Midboss Eirin.
2) You can't unless you program a new method for doing it. The boss is technically still 'alive'. because the Finalize loop has not been run.
3) Read Nuclear Cheese's tutorial.
1. The shots close in and kill the player? I want it to stay as a ring that size.
2. What if I create a task that after the amount of frames the spell is, I make the player invincible for the rest of it? (I dunno how to make the player invincible still though). (And I don't know how i'd do that for spells that aren't timeout cards, would I say, if GetLife = 0?)
3. mkay

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #705 on: March 10, 2013, 11:00:54 PM »
1. The shots close in and kill the player? I want it to stay as a ring that size.
2. What if I create a task that after the amount of frames the spell is, I make the player invincible for the rest of it? (I dunno how to make the player invincible still though). (And I don't know how i'd do that for spells that aren't timeout cards, would I say, if GetLife = 0?)
3. mkay

if(GetLife==0){SetPlayerInvincibility(60);}

I don't know if it'd work. On a side note, you can also go without the effect.
Please explain exactly what you are trying to do for the ring of bullets. Then post a screenshot of what is happening.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #706 on: March 11, 2013, 12:35:29 AM »
if(GetLife==0){SetPlayerInvincibility(60);}

I don't know if it'd work. On a side note, you can also go without the effect.
Please explain exactly what you are trying to do for the ring of bullets. Then post a screenshot of what is happening.
Thanks!
and...
Sorry for late stuff:
http://postimage.org/image/6qlfvzcih/f980574f/
i dont want it closing in and killing the player

edit: why doesnt this work?
if(timer==0){SetPlayerInvincibility(320);}
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:48:34 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #707 on: March 11, 2013, 12:48:51 AM »
Thanks!
and...

Sorry for late stuff:
http://postimage.org/image/6qlfvzcih/f980574f/
i dont want it closing in and killing the player

If the player has been killed by it, then post the scripts and then it can be tested and debugged. If it's working fine, then don't bother.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #708 on: March 11, 2013, 12:52:25 AM »
If the player has been killed by it, then post the scripts and then it can be tested and debugged. If it's working fine, then don't bother.
its so long eoiuhgweos8
http://pastebin.com/JdbdD9qA
and did you read the edit part of my post?
edit to this: just // the wait(3940); in lolfireg

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #709 on: March 11, 2013, 01:24:45 AM »
its so long eoiuhgweos8
http://pastebin.com/JdbdD9qA
and did you read the edit part of my post?
edit to this: just // the wait(3940); in lolfireg

Task Fire

...loop(35.6) Is that legal?

loop(1800){
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+90,BLUE21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+180,YELLOW21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+270,RED21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+45,BLUE21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer-45,GREEN21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+135,YELLOW21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+225,RED21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+315,GREEN21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+100,BLUE21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+190,YELLOW21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+280,RED21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+55,BLUE21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer-55,GREEN21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+145,YELLOW21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+235,RED21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+110,BLUE21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+200,YELLOW21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+290,RED21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+65,BLUE21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer-65,GREEN21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+155,YELLOW21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+245,RED21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+120,BLUE21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+210,YELLOW21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+300,RED21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+75,BLUE21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer-75,GREEN21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+165,YELLOW21,0);
                        CreateShot01(GetX,GetY,7,GetAngleToPlayer+255,RED21,0);
                        wait(1);
                }

Seriously, I suggest grouping colors together and using ascent(i in 0..#) to make it understandable.
FireC: Learn to use ascent/descent. This is really confusing without it.
The following code should do the EXACT same thing as firec.
task firec{
angle = 0;
angle2 = 0;
wait(4000);
loop{
  ascent(i in 0..4){
    CreateShot01(GetCenterX, GetCenterY, 3, angle+i*90, GREEN04,0);
    CreateShot01(GetCenterX, GetCenterY, 3, angle2+i*90, GREEN04,0);
  }
  angle+=10;
  angle2-=10;
  wait(16);
}}
Learn to use ascent and descent.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,12397.msg904609.html#msg904609
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:28:21 AM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #710 on: March 11, 2013, 01:32:56 AM »
Learn to use ascent and descent.
well that made the code shorter, but didn't fix my problem...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #711 on: March 11, 2013, 01:59:53 AM »
well that made the code shorter, but didn't fix my problem...

I can't even see the problem because your code is extremely long and unclear at certain points. I suggest cleaning up your code so that it's readable, and perhaps add comments to state which each fire task does.

The more disorganized or unclear the code, the harder it will be for you to get feedback on it. Also, I still don't understand your problem. Do the bullets suddenly face the player? If so, then don't adjust the angle of the bullets towards the player.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #712 on: March 11, 2013, 02:05:23 AM »
I can't even see the problem because your code is extremely long and unclear at certain points. I suggest cleaning up your code so that it's readable, and perhaps add comments to state which each fire task does.

The more disorganized or unclear the code, the harder it will be for you to get feedback on it. Also, I still don't understand your problem. Do the bullets suddenly face the player? If so, then don't adjust the angle of the bullets towards the player.
well the problem is at: lolfireg.
Did you test it in the game? If you do then it happens when there is 18 seconds left.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #713 on: March 11, 2013, 02:15:16 AM »
well the problem is at: lolfireg.
Did you test it in the game? If you do then it happens when there is 18 seconds left.

task lolfireg{
   let ang = 0;
   let ang2 = 0;
   wait(4060);
   loop{
       loop(16){
           SetShotDataA(1,0,3,ang,0,0,0,GREEN05);
           FireShot(1);
           SetShotDataA(2,0,3,ang2,2,0,0,0,GREEN05);
           //SetShotDataA(2,0,3,ang,2,0,0,0,GREEN05); What it is based on orig. code
           FireShot(2);
           ang += 22.5;
           ang2 += 22.5;
      }
      ang += 1;
      ang2 -= 1;
      wait(2);
    }
}

Try this. I can't guarantee anything, but it might work.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:17:38 AM by Sparen »

Drake

« Reply #714 on: March 11, 2013, 03:08:30 AM »
Just use ang and ang2 as the shooting angles instead of dir. If you fire in the same angle from a spawning point that goes around in a circle, you bet it's going to aim inside the circle at some point.
Yeah Sparen has it.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #715 on: March 11, 2013, 07:42:31 PM »
Question 1:
How do I do something like this?
if(timer==0){SetPlayerInvincibility(320);
Question 2:
Whats wrong with this: http://pastebin.com/uNCma5Di
It goes BOOM but then says Danmakufu.exe has stopped working. ???
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:37:44 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #716 on: March 12, 2013, 11:23:35 PM »
Question 2:
Whats wrong with this: http://pastebin.com/uNCma5Di
It goes BOOM but then says Danmakufu.exe has stopped working. ???

I have no clue what you're trying to say. Please speak in English, not slang. Does it crash? Freeze? Or does it give an error?

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #717 on: March 12, 2013, 11:41:01 PM »
I have no clue what you're trying to say. Please speak in English, not slang. Does it crash? Freeze? Or does it give an error?
It starts the spellcard, but then says "Danmakufu.exe has stopped working."

Drake

« Reply #718 on: March 13, 2013, 12:31:45 AM »
You are yielding all over in @Initialize and even outside the script boundaries. Why.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #719 on: March 13, 2013, 12:58:12 AM »
Also, Qwerty: wait(5); yield; is the same thing as wait(6). You're going to confuse yourself when it comes to timing things correctly.

Instead of waiting in Initialize, add those waits to the start of each task. You shouldn't be yielding like that in @Initialize. Follow what Drake said.

Oh yeah, and you have some serious white space and }} issues. Work on organization. I also see the wall of individual bullet creates.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:01:18 AM by Sparen »