Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139695 times)

Zetzumarshen

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #960 on: December 09, 2011, 12:37:49 AM »
If the mighty .ASP is losing to that spell then what hope does the rest of us have.  :V

Naut can capture that card at 100% success rate. You should look up to him.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #961 on: December 09, 2011, 06:31:29 AM »
GAH, after no death stages 1-3, I proceed to derp Satori's 2nd nonspell by having my eyes wander away to the opposite corner of where my character was, and die twice to border of waves and particles (death right on the first wave, and then right before Satori dies!! *smacks myself for not staying calm*), not to mention moving horizontally into a vertical laser when it was passing by safely (??? srsly).
Then, stage 5, everything was going well, but then.... why did I die twice to Orin's 3rd nonspell? That was sooo BAD.
I could have entered Stage 6 with 4 lives and actually get a good chance at fighting Okuu...

Stage 4 - 4 deaths (2 were stupid STUPID derps)
Stage 5 - 5 deaths (2 of the deaths were inexcusable)
Stage 6 - Game Over by dying stupidly to the place with lots of metal fatigue bullets.

« Reply #962 on: December 09, 2011, 08:31:55 AM »
Naut can capture that card at 100% success rate. You should look up to him.

Yeah, i suppose all that 90FPS nonsense paid off. :)

« Reply #963 on: December 09, 2011, 09:01:16 AM »
NO, Windows Update. No one told you that it was okay to restart my computer in the middle of a really great run. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.

And as I type this I see a little balloon telling me new updates are available. DON'T FUCKING MOCK ME.

GAH I'm really pissed now.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #964 on: December 09, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
Forget what I said about grazing SA Stage 1's first two helix great-fairies from the left side being easier. Switching sides doesn't change the fact that the smaller fairies can still shotgun me at ranges no human could possibly react to. For crying out loud, when it's not one thing holding me back from a complete-game scorerun, it's another. And it's been like this for a fucking year now.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #965 on: December 09, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »
1. ORIIIIIINNNN!!!

2, KIKURIIIIIIH!!!!one

I swear, these two have caused me more failed 1cc runs this week  than I can even count.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #966 on: December 09, 2011, 05:34:57 PM »
My hand hurts, my nose, too, didn't know fists could just rebound off of wooden tables.
I swear, once I'm done with this 1CC, I'll figure out what determines a UFO's path, but until then, backup plans will have to do.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #967 on: December 10, 2011, 02:19:22 AM »
If not for a derp death on Aya's last card, I'd have had a 1LC of MoF normal.

..... I blame the cat who was napping in front of my monitor. -.-

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #968 on: December 10, 2011, 02:22:25 AM »
3 1cc attempts died in stage 5, again... X_x, one of them even entered stage 5 with 4 extra lives - just to piss them all away.

Vael

• Weaver of Illusions, Shaman of Dreams
« Reply #969 on: December 10, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »
Ten Desires, oh how I love that game with its new zany characters and making Yuyuko of all beings a Stage 1 boss...but there's just one lit~tle thing:

MIYAKO, KAKU!? Y U DO THIS? t(TATt)

=======================

Caps lock aside, in Stage 3, I've figured that I need to get to the Spirits before Miyako chows on 'em (I wonder if she can out-eat Yuyuko?) , but Stage 4? Beyond spamming my Bombs to  knock out Miyako while concentrating my full attack on to Kaku (I'm using ReimuA as per my usual style) I just don't get it...even in Practice Modo I get my behind pichun'd so much that I think Reimu's just about to call it quits and enjoy a cup of tea at Yuyu's.

Gonna keep trying this until I get it right.

*puts on his hachimaki*

Time to enjoy this festival.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #970 on: December 10, 2011, 05:25:45 PM »
Three deaths in Stage 3, another unnecessary one in Stage 4 combined with me tossing my UFO path straight into the bin so I wound up without bombs against Minamitsu's last Spellcard, captured it and kicked serious ass in Stage 5. One unnecessary death but a really nice performance otherwise. Stage 6 was the most fun, though, started with 1 Extra Live and 1 Bomb, Game Over during the fourth NS-Pattern with two bombs in stock, but I got to test a lot of stuff that I wanted to know. Also, easily the most fun I've had during any run in the past few weeks. I was sooo about to call it a day after the third death in Stage 3 (all of which occured in the timeframe up until Ichirin's Midboss Spellcard), then again in Stage 4, but figured what the hell. Didn't really think I'd get that far, but I'm most certainly fired up now.

« Reply #971 on: December 10, 2011, 10:18:50 PM »
WHY CAN EVERYONE EXCEPT ME SURVIVE THE EOSD EXTRA DEATH FAIRY
gah
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:28:24 PM by Glimmer »

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #972 on: December 11, 2011, 05:07:36 AM »
Just doing a nice run of UFO, Die on Murasa's time out spell at 0 seconds.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #973 on: December 11, 2011, 05:22:11 AM »
Why does Pseudo-Exorcism of the Stupid Shrine Maiden taunt me so much? I figured out where to go long ago, but I've yet to capture it in a full run, always finding some way to die other than simply messing up my path. Doesn't help that in order to retry it I have to sit through the single most boring Extra Stage in existence. That seems to be the story for practically every TD stage really, one or two hard attacks amidst a whole bunch of easy stuff, some of it ridiculously so.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #974 on: December 11, 2011, 04:25:17 PM »
I've had it with this bullshit. I'm dropping Mamizou before I'll lose my remaining bits of sanity or break my monitor.  I can somehow manage till Scroll, but after that, it's hell on earth. The nonspells are pretty much all pure BS until the last one. Scroll is insane with three different types of attacks and having to move all the time, Monstrous school is easy on paper, but it's way too easy to slip up or get walled, and I have to bomb / die anyway because it lasts so obscenely long. WDI is even longer, and is an evil twist on a typical dodging card, as the trolldogs and birds both have ambigious hitboxes, goddamn curve to fuck up your reading and force you to fight the momentum if you don't want to get raped from 2 sides. Getting a trance on either is a god fucking send and can instantly save my run if I get it... or doom it if I don't. And the motherfucking survival. "Hurr durr. Make a gap in the dog wall? How about nah? Get to that damn last life already." Pompokolin, while nasty, is a good deal easier until the end phase clip hell and wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't bleeding to death at this point of the fight already. My best run had me reach it 1/0, and I obviously panicbombed anyway. It doesn't matter how easy a card is if it's so long that a single wrong step kills me dead due to no resources. It would have been 2/0 if that stupid bitch at least rewarded me with a single purple spirit after getting out of survival card in a single piece. Oh, and if she ever dares to kick me again right after I capture the second card, I swear I'll rip her goddamn legs off myself.

Yes I'm taking this way too personally. Sorry, had to rant.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:21:17 PM by Critz »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #975 on: December 11, 2011, 04:30:35 PM »
Game Over during the last part of Byakuren's last Spellcard is somehow worse than I had imagined. Worst part is, I'm fairly sure I could have pulled this off, started with two bombs, but burned both of them on the easier waves because I was unfamiliar with the speed. Oh, well, still good to know that I can manage that card, wish I could have started with 1 Extra Life and 0 Bombs.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #976 on: December 11, 2011, 10:38:41 PM »
Ten Desires hard no master spark mode. 1st 3 stages went perfectly untill 1st Yoshika nonspell where i made a stupid herp derp and then died on second one and Poison Murder and ragequited it. Fuck you zombie! I'm going back to danmakufu >:(
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #977 on: December 12, 2011, 05:51:20 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17359
DAMN IT DAMN IT WHY DID I NOT BOMB SO FREAKING CLOSE
I had 4 power too!! I'm sure 4 bombs would be enough to kill that stupidly little amount of health.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:57:27 AM by Kanon »

« Reply #978 on: December 12, 2011, 07:00:16 AM »
Okay, look, EoSD.

Just because I am happy that I got you to work does not give you the right to blatantly ignore my pressing the X button twice on the same spell, costing me five bombs on what was to that point a run I thought had a legitimate shot at actually beating Flandre on only my third try.

In other words, fuck you.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #979 on: December 14, 2011, 12:17:57 AM »
Death on Mamizou's first card, instant ragequit.

Seriously, this has not been that good a day for Touhou. Why can't I drill it into my head to just not play when I'm in this state of mind? And Metroid Prime 2 beckons anyway. You'd think a choice that simple would convince even a stubborn person like me more easily than that. ::)

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #980 on: December 14, 2011, 06:30:23 AM »
Failed Kaguya's last two Last Spells because one of my kittens thought that'd be a good time to jump into my lap.

(Yes, I can still rage over something so cute. :V)

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #981 on: December 15, 2011, 12:30:43 AM »
EoSD Normal 1cc attempt. Best one so far( got to Sakuya with 6 lifes, left with 4).
During Scarlet Shoot: BSoD.
RAAAAAAGE :getdown:
*waits for new hardware to arrive finally*
(It's more of a stability issue rather than a performance issue, to be clear :V)
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

KLH

• 47 accounts in my account account
« Reply #982 on: December 15, 2011, 01:04:47 AM »
NO, Windows Update. No one told you that it was okay to restart my computer in the middle of a really great run. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.

And as I type this I see a little balloon telling me new updates are available. DON'T FUCKING MOCK ME.

GAH I'm really pissed now.

OH YES

RAGE

RRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEE

This happened to me about 4 years ago, when I was well on my way to my first AAA in StepMania. Rage is the only possible description.
Solution? Disable all forms of automatic updating and perform all update operations manually. It sounds like a pain, but it's worth not getting your best achievements smashed by poor user interface design.

EoSD Normal 1cc attempt. Best one so far( got to Sakuya with 6 lifes, left with 4).
During Scarlet Shoot: BSoD.
RAAAAAAGE :getdown:
*waits for new hardware to arrive finally*
(It's more of a stability issue rather than a performance issue, to be clear :V)

I had a BSoD interrupt a Touhou run once. Luckily it was a shit run (and therefore forgettable, I don't even remember the game I was playing anymore).
But yeah, BSoDs are usually the result of bad drivers or defective/faulty, failing, or overstressed (i.e. overclocked/overvolted) hardware rather than performance demands, unless you're using FUCKING WINDOWS 98
(BTW how old is your computer and what new hardware did you get? It would be awesome if you got something like a HD 6970 or GTX 580 or some badass CPU.)

2hu is a ghey shooter pl@y COD you f@gs
COD 4 life #swag #yolo #360noscope #lensflare #Skrillex
Main YouTube Channel
Main Reupload Channel

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #983 on: December 15, 2011, 03:25:06 AM »
My PC is only 3 years old and constantly putting out BSoD, even during the PC98-Touhous.
Defective and/ or failing hardware seems to be the problem, therefore I ordered a new Mainboard(ASUS, at the moment I have an ASRock one) + new prozessor + upgrading from 2GB to 8GB RAM. My good old GeForce 9400 never disappointed me.(Though I plan to buy a new one as soon as possible...) I'm on XP btw.

Windows Update keeps bugging me to restart the computer right now too , haha:P
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

KLH

• 47 accounts in my account account
« Reply #984 on: December 15, 2011, 06:00:25 AM »
Well, these aren't RAGE moments (I don't have these unless real bullshit happens like bad keyboard response or glitches), but they did quite annoy me because they're still BS:

• Failed my 2nd attempt at a Touhou 12 Normal Difficulty 1CC. Failed on Byakuren's second spellcard by running into a bullet because of not paying attention.
  • Got a couple of derpdeaths on my first attempt at the Touhou 13 Extra Stage while fighting Mamizou; got shot point-blank on two of her nonspells, because, well, not paying attention. I did, however, make it through her fourth spellcard.
  • Got another derpdeath on my fourth attempt at the Touhou 13 Extra Stage, again, on one of Mamizou's non-spells, and again, because of not paying attention.
  • Death during Suwako's Suwa War spellcard because the arrow key did not rebound fast enough (or it got stuck or something like that), flew straight into a bullet and got my only death during that entire Extra Stage run, which was so close to being no-miss.

I generally don't get angry if I fail because of an actual mistake or lack of skill. When that happens, I just try again; if something's not working, I try something different.

My PC is only 3 years old and constantly putting out BSoD, even during the PC98-Touhous.
Defective and/ or failing hardware seems to be the problem, therefore I ordered a new Mainboard(ASUS, at the moment I have an ASRock one) + new prozessor + upgrading from 2GB to 8GB RAM. My good old GeForce 9400 never disappointed me.(Though I plan to buy a new one as soon as possible...) I'm on XP btw.

Windows Update keeps bugging me to restart the computer right now too , haha:P

If it's failing during the PC-98 games, then yeah, it's probably hardware failure.
Congratulations on that hardware upgrade, especially the memory! Sounds like you're set to kick some loli ass. Which parts did you get in particular?
If you're going to upgrade your video card and are concerned mostly about gaming, then I would immediately recommend a NVIDIA card. These are well designed for gaming requirements.
DO NOT, however, get a NVIDIA product if you plan to do any sort of scientific/high-level math computing or supercomputing, unless you have enough of money (i.e. thousands of dollars) for a Tesla model. The double-precision performance of the GeForce line is capped at one-fourth the original capacity. AMD's cards are much more suited for supercomputing (and, indeed, they have far better raw computational performance than any NVIDIA card), but the rest of AMD's video microarchitectures lack parallelism in other functions required by gaming.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:04:44 AM by KlLLAH573 »

2hu is a ghey shooter pl@y COD you f@gs
COD 4 life #swag #yolo #360noscope #lensflare #Skrillex
Main YouTube Channel
Main Reupload Channel

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #985 on: December 15, 2011, 07:30:13 AM »
Failed my 2nd attempt at a Touhou 12 Normal Difficulty 1CC. Failed on Byakuren's second spellcard by running into a bullet because of not paying attention.
That's Byakuren's only spell I have a perfect capture record of with ReimuA.  In fact, it's the only spell I have a perfect capture record of (on normal) with ReimuA.

Also, ND1B IN easy, and the bomb was for score.
WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME I HAD THE PERFECT SCREW IT I THINK I'LL COUNT THAT

Zil

« Reply #986 on: December 15, 2011, 07:34:32 AM »
I learned that timing out Nazrin's nonspell in stage 5 does not allow you to bypass her spell. >=O

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #987 on: December 15, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
Byakuren's last Spellcard, 2 Extra Lives, 0 Bombs, Game Over despite using all bombs. Fuck me for letting her pressure like that, fuck me for being the worthless piece of shit that I am.

Edit: Oh, well, that loss may have broken my heart, but I should be looking at the bright side - getting there with two Extra Lives is somewhat good, so at the very least I've managed to become stronger. I only need to practice that Spellcard, time to retreat.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:13:18 AM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #988 on: December 15, 2011, 09:51:13 AM »
I learned that timing out Nazrin's nonspell in stage 5 does not allow you to bypass her spell. >=O

Bomb the hell out of that spell for more UFO's.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #989 on: December 15, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
Bomb the hell out of that spell for more UFO's.

Indeed, assuming you enter the battle with 1 or two green UFOs you can get two green UFOs and a red one after the battle, without any use of bombs if you're good. I've never even considered trying that Spellcard, I captured it once for the heck of it and once by chance when I got there without any bombs.

Another tip: Timing is crucial there. After Nazrin, you'll get teams of two huge fairies. Assuming you spam-click through the dialogue, the first fairies with UFOs appear around the time the second harder beat in the music can be heard after the longer part with violins or whatever (no, I don't know anything about music instruments and I sure as hell can't describe a tune with words). You'll want to avoid all fairies before that. If you entered with two green UFOs, the best time to collect the last one is around the same time the green-UFO fairies launch their first wave. Shoot down that UFO after the red-UFO fairies have shot theirs, then absorb the bullets of the blue-UFO fairies by collecting the green UFOs in time. I really recommend building your strategy around that. Only tricky part is collecting the red UFOs once the smaller fairies start bumrushing you, but if your timing is right, the UFOs should be right in front of you.

Edit: Geesh, ten minutes of practice and I can already see what's wrong with my approach as well as my attitude in general. It was my own fault to begin with (granted, I never blamed anyone but myself, even though it was rather my incompetence than my stupidity) - most of my runs ended at Byakuren's last Spellcard. If I go in there hoping I'll somehow get through it's only natural that I'll wind up dead and disappointed. Just this morning I thought that I should maybe practice that Spellcard, be it on Hard Mode or in DS (though Zil actually suggested the latter), then opted against it because I wanted to get this 1CC. Figures that this approach leaves me completely crushed despite getting to that blasted Spellcard in the best shape ever. Which reminds me, life is cool, but the way it teaches me is cruel. Whatever, my fault, time to practice some more and then kick some ass, this package with the Byakuren plushy I finally found is waiting to be opened!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:39:42 AM by Lepetit89 »