Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When #5: Mystic Square  (Read 196392 times)

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When #5: Mystic Square
« Reply #600 on: May 06, 2011, 02:51:50 AM »
Man, this manga, Nurarihyon no Mago - There's keystone attacks, a tengu character who looks like a perfect male version of Aya, a bird youkai who causes blindness, and a youkai who has amulets stacked onto his forehead.

« Reply #601 on: May 06, 2011, 03:21:48 AM »
Man, this manga, Nurarihyon no Mago - There's keystone attacks, a tengu character who looks like a perfect male version of Aya, a bird youkai who causes blindness, and a youkai who has amulets stacked onto his forehead.
...When you're becoming interested in reading a manga just from reading this.

Dark

• wait wat
  • this is some text
« Reply #602 on: May 06, 2011, 03:35:09 AM »
When you start to equate completely unrelated RP characters to Touhou characters.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #603 on: May 07, 2011, 12:34:55 AM »
When you, for a Spanish project, recommend to your group that there should be a French girl named Alice Margatroid involved.

Me: "You know what? I wanna have a French girl named Alice!!!"
*awkward silence*
Entire class: ".....lol" (goes back to minding it's own business since apparently I spoke too loud >.>)
Partner 1: "Yeah.... and she should have blond hair!"
Partner 2: "Oh, Oh! Short blond hair!"
Me: "She should also like playing with dolls and reading books!"
Partner 1: "Let's make her an artist!~"
Me: "That's exactly what I was thinking!"
Partner 2: "But she better have pretty clothes you know... She better have an elegant dress and a cute hairband."
Me: "Definitely... and with many frills!"

Not only did I manage to sneak Alice into my project, my partners somehow finished describing her! BV
We also needed a japanese girl (preferably with long blond hair) so I recommended the names Marisa or Yukari, but they didn't like them. ;-;

KrackoCloud

« Reply #604 on: May 07, 2011, 01:33:57 AM »
Oh, and that manga Nurarihyon no Mago also has a part oni youkai who makes an attack that looks really similar to Yuugi's shackles spell card. Man.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #605 on: May 07, 2011, 04:09:34 AM »
You're addicted when you close your eyes and see parts of stages and danmaku from touhou games.  Most notably ufo :V  It's extremely vivid too and i swear it's like im playing it or something :V This cant be a good sign  :ohdear:
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #606 on: May 07, 2011, 06:06:47 AM »
When you use Kaguya's theme for your High School Senior tribute song and when you draw Yuyuko and Kaguya for a Bible poster .

KrackoCloud

« Reply #607 on: May 07, 2011, 06:16:09 AM »
and when you draw Yuyuko and Kaguya for a Bible poster .
How in the world did you get that to work?

« Reply #608 on: May 07, 2011, 09:11:28 PM »
When you type Koumajou Densetsu instead of Akumajou Densetsu on a search box.

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #609 on: May 08, 2011, 09:01:33 AM »
When you glance at the word "GREEN" and read it as "CHEEN."

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #610 on: May 08, 2011, 01:48:07 PM »
So there's a TV show in Pokemon Black/White called Koukan Talk.

Wait, is that KOUMAKAN TALK?

ChanceWolf

• This level of reasoning...
  • ...is possible for Furudo Erika.
« Reply #611 on: May 08, 2011, 06:49:52 PM »
In League of Legends there is a character called "Lux" and her "Ultimate" (a spell stronger then the other; not obtainable from the beginning) is called "Finales Funkeln" which is German and means "Final Sparkle". Everytime I kill somebody with I have to say "Final Spark, ze!"  BV

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #612 on: May 08, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »
In League of Legends there is a character called "Lux" and her "Ultimate" (a spell stronger then the other; not obtainable from the beginning) is called "Finales Funkeln" which is German and means "Final Sparkle". Everytime I kill somebody with I have to say "Final Spark, ze!"  BV
That is because that character is literally inspired directly by Marisa. There are other touhou references in LoL as well. For instance, the items "Wriggle's Lantern" and "Youmu's Ghostblade".
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

ChanceWolf

« Reply #613 on: May 08, 2011, 07:34:25 PM »
That is because that character is literally inspired directly by Marisa. There are other touhou references in LoL as well. For instance, the items "Wriggle's Lantern" and "Youmu's Ghostblade".
Yeah, but that something not everyone knows because it's german. Lux also says ""Light mage? I'm just an ordinary mage." and is sort-of known to copy spells from other characters :V
"Wriggle's Lantern" and "Youmu's Ghostblade" are very obvious references, that's why I refrained to post them.

Some other things...
I tought my little sister (6) to sing "Kappappa kappappa Nitori", and know she walks through the house and sings it every time :3
When you refrain to go on some sites like Gelbooru because you might see a nude/something similar Touhou-character and think it's insulting them... I just can't stand to see such Touhou-related things.

« Reply #614 on: May 08, 2011, 09:04:39 PM »
When you refrain to go on some sites like Gelbooru because you might see a nude/something similar Touhou-character and think it's insulting them... I just can't stand to see such Touhou-related things.
...This is the first time anybody else has shared my sentiments on this particular matter. =o

On the other hand, I still go to Danbooru because there's tons of great art there too, it's not pure shit.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #615 on: May 08, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »
Since you mention this, do you think the same of artistic nudity, or consider all nudity to be an insult?
On topic: When you think of how to put Touhou characters in every AMV you see. Like this.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #616 on: May 08, 2011, 10:58:54 PM »
...This is the first time anybody else has shared my sentiments on this particular matter. =o
Make that the second.  Those are my sentiments exactly.

Anyway, I've been showing one of my friends Touhou characters, and I've gotten her so interested, she's considering cosplaying as one for an anime convention in one of the coming years! :V  She's trying to decide between Eirin and Flandre right now.

ChanceWolf

« Reply #617 on: May 09, 2011, 12:40:57 AM »

On the other hand, I still go to Danbooru because there's tons of great art there too, it's not pure shit.
Good to know that there are more people like me :)
Danbooru, and also Safebooru, are ok because, as you said, most pictures there are great. Gelbooru and a few other ones really have EVERY picture...

Since you mention this, do you think the same of artistic nudity, or consider all nudity to be an insult?
Well... I'm one of those people who see official Touhou-related things as reality. That's the reason why I don't like such pictures - maybe the characters don't want to be shown like that? I'm not against any type of art because everyone has a different taste regarding art. But as I said, most likely they don't want to be shown like that and that's why I'm against such Touhou pictures/similiar things.

Well, to say something on topic:
During the last week I only slept approximately 20 hours, which means I was awake for ~148 hours. In more then 120 hours of that time I spent my time on Touhou-related things  :V
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:44:29 AM by ChanceWolf »

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #618 on: May 10, 2011, 04:11:46 AM »
When you see this, and you absolutely had to take a picture :getdown:

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #619 on: May 10, 2011, 06:03:25 AM »
Today we learned about black holes in Science.
Best part: I was drawing a picture of Marisa using Stardust Reverie when I caught the teacher talking about Event Horizons.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #620 on: May 11, 2011, 12:22:08 AM »
Today we learned about black holes in Science.
Best part: I was drawing a picture of Marisa using Stardust Reverie when I caught the teacher talking about Event Horizons.

Holy shit this is exactly what happened to me!!!! :getdown:

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #621 on: May 11, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »
Japanese class, practicing katakana via writing the names of countries and their capitols.
I had to laugh at Denmark.

デンマーク
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #622 on: May 12, 2011, 11:14:40 AM »
Japanese class, practicing katakana via writing the names of countries and their capitols.
I had to laugh at Denmark.

デンマーク
So that's why Denmark appeares when I search Danmaku...

While on the subject I use Touhou a lot to help me remember my Japanese vocab. E.g. The kanji for the days of the week (Being related to a certain magician)
I flipped when I learned about the word ほうand skipped straight to writing 方

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #623 on: May 12, 2011, 12:59:36 PM »
While on the subject I use Touhou a lot to help me remember my Japanese vocab. E.g. The kanji for the days of the week (Being related to a certain magician)
speaking of days of the week, I always seem to accidentally say "mokouyoubi" as opposed to "mokuyoubi"
it's a good thing i'll probably never be in a situation where i have to actually speak japanese because i'd mess up pretty bad

« Reply #624 on: May 12, 2011, 01:18:15 PM »
Today it's the 12th of Touhoukuu... No, wait, I meant Toukokuu. (May in english)
What, it's not my fault that Toukokuu and Touhou are spelled that similarily. D:<

Docteur Hartmann

• Komeiji Koishi's Father
  • Found a Nice Remote and a Mind Screwing device.
« Reply #625 on: May 12, 2011, 02:11:40 PM »
Even if I have no reason to believe so, each time there's a battle in Shogun 2 Total War, I'm half-expecting to be facing a youkai army.

And each time, I am disappointed.

Y U NO MAKE YOUKAI EXPANSION U GAMEMAKERS?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:19:45 PM by Docteur Hartmann »
Bipolar, paranoid, half-crazy, hateful, philanthropic. That's me in a nutshell. And I'm a ddyk. Hahahaha, nobody's gonna get this one.

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #626 on: May 13, 2011, 02:41:41 AM »
speaking of days of the week, I always seem to accidentally say "mokouyoubi" as opposed to "mokuyoubi"
Mokou is actually how I remember how to SAY Thursday, Keine helps me with Friday despire the fact I say something like "keen-youbi"

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #627 on: May 13, 2011, 02:47:28 AM »
When you want a Tales of Touhou fangame with actual LMBS.  Preferably Vesperia, Graces or Destiny DC, but eh :P.

And you start designing characters for it (MC - Cirno, Staff Chick - Daiyousei or Reimu, Nuker - ... EVERYONE)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #628 on: May 13, 2011, 03:16:00 AM »
When, for a game design project for school using UDK, you name the three bots you use after three of Alice's dolls.

Shanghai, Hourai, and Holland, for the record.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.