Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 294679 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #750 on: August 21, 2013, 04:54:08 AM »
Moar references.

Achievement 96 'Haniwa?s Destruction' is probably a reference to the Rance series by AliceSoft. The 'Impact Nullification Boots' could be a reference to Portal. 'Tome of Nosferatu' is likely from Fire Emblem. Ribbon is also Final Fantasy. 'Primal Armor' could be an Armored Core reference. 'Sword of Singing Delusion' might be a reference to Prince Valiant in the stories of King Arthur.

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #751 on: August 21, 2013, 05:27:55 AM »
Pastebin link's in my sig. Brain's too fried to keep working on it ATM.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #752 on: August 21, 2013, 05:59:44 AM »
For all characters, it goes like this:
The first 14 skills are always the same: 12 Boost Skill in this order : HP, MP, TP, ATK/攻撃, DEF/防御, MAG/魔力, MND/精神, SPD/敏捷, EVA/回避, HIT/命中, Elemental Resistances/属性 and Ailment Resistances/状態. The next two are Motivated Heart/向上心 and Hands-on Experience/実戦経験, which are EXP bonus related skills. After that, you have a set of 4-8 specific skills for each characters, followed by 2-5 spells in bracket 『』. After those, if you have a subclass on a particular character, you'll have a skill that is 0 Level, 0 Cost and that follow the format ***の心得/***'s Knowledge, followed by their skills  and their spells.

Unless you can read japanese, there is no way to know what skill is which by a glance (other than some more obvious), you'll have to check the wiki each time until you get to know the characters you're using. On the wiki, the skills listed are in order in which they appear on the character, and there is only the base Boost Skills on each character (they all start with 3 of those).

Great! thanks a ton =).

« Reply #753 on: August 21, 2013, 06:15:00 AM »
Astral Dominae comes from the latter end of the Wizardry series (6/7/8), but unfortunately I can't tell you much more than that as I haven't played that end of the series.  Should help in narrowing down the research though.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #754 on: August 21, 2013, 06:28:43 AM »
If wiki is correct then how to reach
Spoiler:
21F and 22F?
The fact that after you beat the final boss there is no credits at all (just event and thats it)
Also for achievement 100 and 101, where to access both of em?
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Minako The Maid

• Lady Remilia's Servant
  • Living in Scarlet Mansion
« Reply #755 on: August 21, 2013, 06:38:30 AM »
There is no way to reach those floors in current patch, nor any other post-game content from what I have seen, read or tried.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #756 on: August 21, 2013, 07:10:31 AM »
A lot of references for items you can find when we discuss them a while back, regalstar was able to post quite a lot of it. (this is the post http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15170.msg1003968.html#msg1003968)
Not all references, but also explanations as to why I chose some names

A few things from achievements that I did:
Achievement 6: Joestar's Family Secret Technique, reference to Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Achievement 25: Century Color, with the flavor text "I wanted to write the lyrics of it, but I couldn?t, they might?ve gotten angry at me!", a reference to the opening them of Turn A Gundam
Achievement 42: What Fabre Recorded, reference to Jean-Henri Fabre, a french entomologist (since we're talking about getting infos for the bestiary)
Achievement 81: Treasure Hunter R, maybe a reference to Hunter R from Resident Evil http://residentevil.wikia.com/Hunter_R, or Hunter R Rawling III, an american scholar http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_R._Rawlings_III, though both may be wrong and it doesn't mean anything.
Achievement 82: One Piece (kinda obvious)
Achievement 98-99: Close Encounters of the Third Kind, obvious reference to the movie
Achievement 103: Lost Sacred Treasure, reference to the Imperial Regalia of Japan, or Three Sacred Treasures, which are I think also referenced in the last bosses you fight, the Sword and the 2 orbs necessary to unlock the last boss area (which are Jewel of the High God and Mirror of the High God); the treasures are comprised of the sword Kusanagi (or Ame-no-Murakumo), the mirror Yata no Kagami and the jewel Yasaki no Magatama

For items:
Kanenoki Koban: Koban is an ancient japanese coin, and kanenoki is most likely a reference to the Maneki Neko/Beckoning Cat
Asura Blade: Most likely a reference to the game of the same name
Chargin' Taj: A Taj is a persian word for crown, felt it was better than targe
Funbari Ring: I couldn't find any words to replace funbari with, so I just went with it, and the only thing I could find with it is from Shaman King, Funbari Onsen.
Gekiken Rye Bread: Gekiken is an ancient japanese term for free-fencing, from where kendo originated.
Oiran's Grief: Oiran were the name of courtesan back in Edo Japan.
Psuche Splint: I was hesitating at first with "Pisuche", but I couldn't find anything with that was spelled like that, and I found that "Psuche" is from a greek term meaning soul, breath of life http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/kjv/psuche.html
Oni of Chobushi's Corner: I know I did my research on that one, and it came from some kind of japanese folklore legend, but I can't find it back for the life of me.
Ghost's Eboshi: The eboshi is an headdress for shinto priest, kinda like the one Mononobe no Futo wears

Character's abilities:
Marisa Sudden Impulse: It's a pokemon ability, called Moody in the english version
Kasen Diving Waltz of the Raijuu: The Raijuu is a legendary thunder creature. It is one of her pet that you can see in the manga Wild and Horned Hermit. http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Unnamed_Raijuu#Unnamed_raijuu
Kasen Higekiri Cursed Arm: This may not be the best translation for it, but Higekiri is a famous japanese sword. http://www.glopad.org/jparc/?q=en/node/22142
Yuugi Vajra Spiral: A Vajra is a symbolic ritual object in Buddhism and Hidouism. It is known to be indestructible like diamond and unstoppable like the thunderbolt (kinda fits with how Yuugi is supposed to be)
Wriggle Kodoku Queen: A kodoku is poisonous magic. It was made from putting tons of insect into a jar then using the last surviving one to make a poison to inflict misfortune or death.
Byakuren Sutra Scroll - Sturm und Drang: It's an expression in german, I kinda liked it more than Storm and Stress

That's all I could find/remember for now
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:48:19 AM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #757 on: August 21, 2013, 07:34:49 AM »
I'm not sure if people want me saying stuff like this, if not just lemmie know. but on the wiki some 2f info is incorrect regarding a boss fight. A certain "level 10" suggested boss is in fact level 8 suggested according to the game, and the wiki only states it has 3 different drops, but I got 4 as shown here:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2eakjyf.png
I'm linking the screenshot cuz I have no clue what those 4 things are =P.
I imagine you people are too busy patching the game than worrying about such things on the wiki for now but I don't know if someone is just doing the wiki or whatever.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #758 on: August 21, 2013, 07:39:27 AM »
I'm not sure if people want me saying stuff like this, if not just lemmie know. but on the wiki some 2f info is incorrect regarding a boss fight. A certain "level 10" suggested boss is in fact level 8 suggested according to the game, and the wiki only states it has 3 different drops, but I got 4 as shown here:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2eakjyf.png
I'm linking the screenshot cuz I have no clue what those 4 things are =P.
I imagine you people are too busy patching the game than worrying about such things on the wiki for now but I don't know if someone is just doing the wiki or whatever.

I based the drop things on what is on the bestiary. The two last items you had are special gems used to raise stats growth value and do not appear on the bosses drop list, since any of those items can be dropped by any bosses at a higher chances when you defeat them at a lower level
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #759 on: August 21, 2013, 07:43:23 AM »
If wiki is correct then how to reach
Spoiler:
21F and 22F?
The fact that after you beat the final boss there is no credits at all (just event and thats it)
Also for achievement 100 and 101, where to access both of em?

There is no way to reach those floors in current patch, nor any other post-game content from what I have seen, read or tried.

Yes, a lot of stuff is currently unavailable (looking at both Maribel and Renko as well). For example, the rocks on 12F requires you to kill all three sacred treasures, and from what I posted earlier, they should be the three last bosses available, yet you still can't pass through. Also, the achievement 94-104 themselves have no conditions or rewards. When getting the achievement 94 (since it is granted by beating the sword on 20F), the flavor text you have simply states "This achievement is granted by clearing the game", which kinda tells it's not finished yet.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #760 on: August 21, 2013, 08:28:14 AM »
I based the drop things on what is on the bestiary. The two last items you had are special gems used to raise stats growth value and do not appear on the bosses drop list, since any of those items can be dropped by any bosses at a higher chances when you defeat them at a lower level

Oh, I suck, sorry.
Is there some kinda wiki admin who can reset my password? I seemed to have forgotten it (for the user name "Ghaleon"...at least I hope that's my account and not some other Ghaleon lol). I can just fix stuff like suggested levels as I play along I guess. One other I was attempting to fix is 3f's level 9 fight on the wiki is in fact suggested 11 in game.
Also I hear that the level 42 fight or wtf it is on the 3f you get help. Does that mean you don't have to be level 42ish to stand a chance, or is that taking in account the help you get still?

Last I figured out most of the consumeable items. But I can't seem to figure out what this one does.
http://i41.tinypic.com/214b1cg.png

I chugged all 4 on one character and didn't see a single stat go up. But since I have 4 it's bothering me seeing them goto waste. yarg. If anybody knows what that sucker does lemmie know please =).

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #761 on: August 21, 2013, 08:49:06 AM »
Last I figured out most of the consumeable items. But I can't seem to figure out what this one does.
http://i41.tinypic.com/214b1cg.png

I chugged all 4 on one character and didn't see a single stat go up. But since I have 4 it's bothering me seeing them goto waste. yarg. If anybody knows what that sucker does lemmie know please =).

It's called Training Manual, it gives a Skill Point to the character you use it on

« Reply #762 on: August 21, 2013, 08:49:32 AM »
Chargin' Taj: A Taj is a persian word for crown, felt it was better than targe
It should be Targe, as it's a reference to the TF2 item Chargin Targe (a Targe is a type of shield).

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #763 on: August 21, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »
It should be Targe, as it's a reference to the TF2 item Chargin Targe (a Targe is a type of shield).

Ah ok I didn't know about that one (I knew what a Targe was, but not the TF2 item)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #764 on: August 21, 2013, 08:57:08 AM »
It's called Training Manual, it gives a Skill Point to the character you use it on

oh! nice, that's awsome, thanks.

I was just doing some character looking upping and I can't help but notice that remilia is looking pretty lame compared to kasen. I mean kasen has better resistances across the board, and her stats are generally slightly worse or better, but her level rate is better so I'm suspecting they'll just plain be better after that's factored in. Plus her buff all does not debuff her, and it buffs ALL (speed and such). Her nuke has +40 accuracy instead of 24 too, and her +allstat skills don't have ridiculous requirements like dead party members, or sdm sidekicks at the same time. Remi's only hope is spear's damage formula is uber?

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #765 on: August 21, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
Spoiler:
Remilia doesn't look as good as Kasen on paper, but her damage with her spear is insane. It must have a good formula or something. Also, she's got that Majesty skill. It helps a lot more then you think, as does Mental Concentration. Not to mention Curse's downsides can be overcome with equipment or having Meiling, Eirin or Sanae at the ready. It buffs more that Kasen's buff, too. All in all, Remi's damage potential is higher than Kasen's, but Kasen can do ailments and debuffs. And basically any move with an accuracy bonus won't miss, so just having the bonus is enough. Remi's a lot better in this one than she was in the first one, and she wasn't bad in that.

Also, T-45d Power Armor is a reference to Fallout; it's one of the strongest armors in the game, but requires special training to use.
Reinforced Leather Armor might also be a Fallout reference; it's the strongest armor you can wear without a penalty. I'm thinking it might be a reference because it's the strongest just defense item. It could just be a generic term though.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:09:29 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #766 on: August 21, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »
Tormenting Nature states that Yuuka will deal additionnal damage to the lowest health enemy. So what happens if there is only 1 enemy, like in a boss fight ?

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #767 on: August 21, 2013, 10:34:55 AM »
I was just doing some character looking upping and I can't help but notice that remilia is looking pretty lame compared to kasen. I mean kasen has better resistances across the board, and her stats are generally slightly worse or better, but her level rate is better so I'm suspecting they'll just plain be better after that's factored in. Plus her buff all does not debuff her, and it buffs ALL (speed and such). Her nuke has +40 accuracy instead of 24 too, and her +allstat skills don't have ridiculous requirements like dead party members, or sdm sidekicks at the same time. Remi's only hope is spear's damage formula is uber?

Perhaps this is because the game makers didn't bother to change Remi all that much from her LoT1 incarnation. I noticed the same thing for Meiling as well, which does bother me somewhat. I do remember that Meiling held a good evasion stat in LoT1(which was useless due to Evasion being busted in the first place), so why didn't they let her have a somewhat decent EVA here? Sigh.

It's like I said before, Remi would be a lot better if she had at least one more spell in her setup.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #768 on: August 21, 2013, 10:44:58 AM »
While sorting the 1.130 text dump, I found some gameplay text that were in the middle of nowhere that I didn't touch before:

007DC654: 幻想郷に帰還します!
007DC670: 前衛キャラがいなくなりました!
007DC6A4: %sがパーティから離脱します!
007DC6C8: %sのTPが0になりました!

Returning to Gensokyo now!
There is no one in the front row any more!
%s will be leaving the current exploration party!
%s's TP became 0!

Also, I've done almost everything in the Materials section; all but three items' descriptions are translated (although I might go back and edit some parts of it later). I've also done a little bit of main/sub gears, but a lot of it will have to wait until I can figure out their neta origin first.

http://puu.sh/479Pw.xlsx

Qaz, I haven't updated the addresses for the main/sub gear worksheets. If you really need the translation updated to respond to the newest addresses, please tell me, and I'll prioritize getting that done when I come back in the afternoon.

« Reply #769 on: August 21, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »
Hard to say, Remilia definitely wins stats (3.2 HP, 2 Speed, .6 Defense vs 1 Mind) and her self buff gives much bigger boosts to make up for the lack of Speed/higher delay/the fact that you need ailment resistance gear to use it.  Either way I don't look at Remi as a primarily offensive character, to me she's a fast tanky switcher who can do some decent chip damage if she has a free turn.  Kasen is probably going to win offense thanks to multiple elements/debuffs on her attacks, but she's definitely not as fast (unless she spends a lot of time buffing herself, and remember that Remi has Majesty too) and is probably slightly less tanky.  Definitely not a simple "one is better than the other" situation.

As far as abilities go Last Fortress looks really useful for Remilia's type of character, plenty of times in Labyrinth 1 I had bosses very low on HP but lost most of my attacking force in the process with only tanky characters like Remi alive, if the boost is decent it could potentially change a situation like that from a loss into a win.  Kasen is probably slightly better off than she seems too because the Fighting Spirit description on the wiki was wrong, according to the in-game description it actually increases damage dealt, not reduces the likelihood of status.

on an unrelated note I'm liking Pharmacologist more after looking through its skills; Placebo Effect has a post-use gauge of 70% which is much better than most other subclass spells, and Herb of Awakening definitely seems useful.  I did some testing and added a more detailed description of its spells to the wiki for anyone who's curious.

« Reply #770 on: August 21, 2013, 12:29:26 PM »
While sorting the 1.130 text dump, I found some gameplay text that were in the middle of nowhere that I didn't touch before:

007DC654: 幻想郷に帰還します!
007DC670: 前衛キャラがいなくなりました!
007DC6A4: %sがパーティから離脱します!
007DC6C8: %sのTPが0になりました!

Returning to Gensokyo now!
There is no one in the front row any more!
%s will be leaving the current exploration party!
%s's TP became 0!

Also, I've done almost everything in the Materials section; all but three items' descriptions are translated (although I might go back and edit some parts of it later). I've also done a little bit of main/sub gears, but a lot of it will have to wait until I can figure out their neta origin first.

http://puu.sh/479Pw.xlsx

Qaz, I haven't updated the addresses for the main/sub gear worksheets. If you really need the translation updated to respond to the newest addresses, please tell me, and I'll prioritize getting that done when I come back in the afternoon.

I made a script that can do the address updating automatically, so don't worry too much about it. I would prefer using the updated addresses for future stuff, at least, though. As long as you inform me that you're using the old stuff it isn't a huge problem.

Although I see that's still excel. I know spreadsheets are nice for some things, but by default I believe excel will want to use the fancy angled quotes and other special characters, and those will break the script horribly. It's also nearly impossible to see the difference outside of the game. I'd really prefer plaintext files edited in notepad/textpad to avoid these complications.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #771 on: August 21, 2013, 02:18:34 PM »
Hard to say, Remilia definitely wins stats (3.2 HP, 2 Speed, .6 Defense vs 1 Mind) and her self buff gives much bigger boosts to make up for the lack of Speed/higher delay/the fact that you need ailment resistance gear to use it.

While you may be right im still dubious, and her stats are definately not better at all. Again, you forgot to factor in kasen's faster leveling, that and you forgot evasion, which kasen has 5(!)  more growth more...
Fighting spirit seems pretty comparible to manesty imo. It goes away after a switch yes, but since it doesnt buff stats, that means the effect should stack multiplicatively with her stat buffs, while majisty will only add to hers.

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #772 on: August 21, 2013, 02:59:39 PM »
oh! nice, that's awsome, thanks.

Also Remilia is really useless in random fights
Spoiler:
can be useful for grind at second part of 20F, but its 5x better to just use pumped up Nazrin for more money / exp
Majesty is seriously lackluster, better buff her with someone else rather than rely on...6% allstat increase each turn. I'd say use Remilia only if you really want to benefits from SDM residents thingy.

Edit: actually maybe Remilia isn't all that bad, its just Kasen is 2 good, 30% allstat w/o silly status ailments+faster delay (76% vs 50%) and can inflict both shock and silence at same time /o\
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:12:12 PM by AkurouNyan~ »

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #773 on: August 21, 2013, 03:58:03 PM »
Kasen's flat out OP, especially when maybe half the rest of the cast are specialists. Plus she breaks about the first three floors in half if you go get her right away; I doubt she was meant to be obtainable right off the bat.

Maybe 3peso was counting on people resetting after a game over instead of just eating the loss?
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

« Reply #774 on: August 21, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
IS there some kind of loss when you game over? Not that I don't appreciate losing half an hour of grind because I miscalculated, but do you lose money or something maybe?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #775 on: August 21, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
Seems like the game rewards you for game overs since it counts towards the achievement. All you lose is your battle streak really.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #776 on: August 21, 2013, 04:27:37 PM »
Well even if you dont get her early, remilia doesnt exactly join you early either.
Kasen op or not, unless gung's formula has some serious sock blowing going on, its really pretty unusual just how obsolete kasen makes her look. Like she's literally a mirror copy with better  or compareable everything (the few things she has lower stats for are by so little her faster leveling likely mKes those better still too, except MAYBE hp) with more spells, varied elements, no side effects, etc. i mean i think lot1 had some characters that were pretty uselessish too but at least they tended to not be inferior in pretty much every way to a single character in specific. Like sanae could at least cure debuffs and buff more stats than mino. Eirin was a slow as fuu healer with crappy attack spells, but her heal had a unique hp cap thing, and her defenses were solid.

I cant really think of any "but"'s for remi looking at the site... But she has better terror and dark resist? Errr.
But given the guy is acrually rebalancing characters supposedly we'll see.

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #777 on: August 21, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »
Well even if you dont get her early, remilia doesnt exactly join you early either.
Kasen op or not, unless gung's formula has some serious sock blowing going on, its really pretty unusual just how obsolete kasen makes her look. Like she's literally a mirror copy with better  or compareable everything (the few things she has lower stats for are by so little her faster leveling likely mKes those better still too, except MAYBE hp) with more spells, varied elements, no side effects, etc. i mean i think lot1 had some characters that were pretty uselessish too but at least they tended to not be inferior in pretty much every way to a single character in specific. Like sanae could at least cure debuffs and buff more stats than mino. Eirin was a slow as fuu healer with crappy attack spells, but her heal had a unique hp cap thing, and her defenses were solid.

I cant really think of any "but"'s for remi looking at the site... But she has better terror and dark resist? Errr.
But given the guy is acrually rebalancing characters supposedly we'll see.
Abilities doesn't exist in LoT 1 so maybe thats the reason. I also interested how much Remi's Vlad Tepes improves per level each time you level up it for better comparision.

« Reply #778 on: August 21, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
Does anyone know what is the "Machine God Lucifer" item referencing? I was always curious about that.

(and if there is a place where i could see the references, i would gladly accept a link)
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #779 on: August 21, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »
Does anyone know what is the "Machine God Lucifer" item referencing? I was always curious about that.

(and if there is a place where i could see the references, i would gladly accept a link)

As mentioned in translation_notes.txt that comes with the English patch, it is a reference to Bastard!!