Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 179407 times)

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!
« Reply #390 on: August 28, 2015, 04:52:24 AM »
Edit: Yep, I fought the easy modo on arena and i stopped earning xp outside. Fighting on the arena will cause you that bug, which I don't know if it's related to NEET's problem. Fortunately, I keep a bunch of saves lying around for the case of multiple endings or lost secret bosses and stuff.
Oh. My. God!!! I did fight at easy arena... For stress reliever after some IRL shit and Lavos trolling. I didn't know it will cause the EXP to freezed [sic]. Well, better start again at beggining of chapter 5.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #391 on: August 31, 2015, 02:54:45 PM »
HOLY FUCK!!!
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon
is an abomination. That shit is a beast (If you didn't bring Excalipoor or not overleveled), You think fighting
Spoiler:
Lavos
is boring? Well think again. For some stupid reason, I decided to fight it at lvl 25 and holy hell does the fight takes forever. It took me 40 minutes to beat
Spoiler:
Lavos
whilst playing fair (no Excalipoor),
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon
? an hour. I agree with Sombres, that fight is boring as hell, heck I could finish up a novel.

Spoiler:
Okay, his first form isn't much of a trouble, just wail at him until you're done.
Spoiler:
The second form onward is a little gimmicky, he'll kill Cirno FAST with Flare, so Cirno's borderline useless at the moment.
Spoiler:
The third form onward is where the shit hits the sharknado. his Ice-based arsenal just mess with your speed (and Haste), Glaciate on the other hand wrecks Mystia's day, after all, Most ultimate level spell are Armor-piercing. Also, any spell besides Rumia's does jack-shit.
Spoiler:
The fourth form on the other hand just blast you with Teravolt for about 500+ damage, if you can heal it back up using Group Heal you can handle it just fine. Don't let your guard down though, he can Smite anyone for an instant-kill.
Spoiler:
The fifth form just use wind-based attack for pitiful amount of damage. And yes, Mystia's useless is this form. By this time I became bored and started reading some novel just to pass time- Holy Shit! he has Hurricane? Quick, heal heal!
Spoiler:
The final form is the same one from Lavos'. His gimmick is that he'll blast you with high level spell, slip-away, and Mind Blast which gives you all sort of status effect to random person. Don't you dare attack him directly as he will counter you with Mind Blast to further ruins your day. There's no strategy for this, you need to pray to your God in order to win.

Spoiler:
How much HP does this shit have?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:02:10 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2015, 03:21:46 PM »
We only know the percentages of the form changes, and the fact that it has the most hp of all bosses. Well, excalipoor doesn't do anything, since we can't go back to the sealed abyss to purify it (we should do it at a lake there or even the misty lake for flavor).

My guess is 200000+ hp.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:37:36 PM by Sombres »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2015, 04:07:11 PM »
Well, excalipoor doesn't do anything, since we can't go back to the sealed abyss to purify it (we should do it at a lake there or even the misty lake for flavor).
Um. Yes you can. Actually... You need to go back to the Dragon Palace, post-abyss, and use the portal that appears in front of Iku's room.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon's
HP is exactly the same as it is in Final Fantasy VI Advance, which is 327500 (Plus an extra 16375 that I added for his first form.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:13:24 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #394 on: August 31, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »
My guess is 200000+ hp.
According to Searinox119 from Lavos' form, he has 60000+ HP each form. Maybe it's 300000+ HP? I certainly didn't count it since I lost focus at the 4th form.

Edit: Each form except the first has 65500 HP.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:23:03 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2015, 04:13:11 PM »
According to Searinox119 from Lavos' form, he has 60000+ HP each form. Maybe it's 300000+ HP? I certainly didn't count it since I lost focus at the 4th form.
Haha you ninja'd me. Read my edit to my previous post for the HP.

« Reply #396 on: August 31, 2015, 09:44:28 PM »
Things kinda went slow with my level 22 Rumia, so I had to guess a little low considering I only got to the second real form.

I really wanted to hope it would be there again, but I thought that would be too convinient.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:25:11 AM by Sombres »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #397 on: September 01, 2015, 01:12:08 PM »
So today, I decided to make comparison of
Spoiler:
Cirno's Ultimate Weapon in order to help determine which form best suited for you.

Here it is.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Video version.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:12:00 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

« Reply #398 on: September 01, 2015, 03:39:23 PM »
Well, I think I chose well, then.

Those boss stats after hp are only for the first form?

« Reply #399 on: September 01, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »
So, how should somebody beat Daisanji? Should I attack
Spoiler:
Etherial Daisanji
first, or take down the
Spoiler:
two hands
first? Also, I managed to get Lavos to the
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon phase
before he killed me. How close was I to beating Lavos?

« Reply #400 on: September 01, 2015, 10:00:07 PM »
So, how should somebody beat Daisanji? Should I attack
Spoiler:
Etherial Daisanji
first, or take down the
Spoiler:
two hands
first? Also, I managed to get Lavos to the
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon phase

From what I remember, Lavos goes from
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon phase, which apparently is a bit weaker than the real one
to
Spoiler:
no forms, it keeps using earthquake and attacks of its own. Then, I suppose it gets pretty easy until you defeat him easy.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #401 on: September 01, 2015, 11:25:14 PM »
Those boss stats after hp are only for the first form?
I think those stats are for every form, his pathetic ATK is the reason why his wind form is the easiest. The reson he make us his bitch is that ultimate level spell uses fixed damage, do MAT doesn't matter.

Also, I managed to get Lavos to the
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon phase
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon phase
is its second-to-last phase. Its last form is actually the easiest because it lack any way to instant-kill you, its Chaos Zone still has a chance to wreck you though.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2015, 08:26:25 PM »
Just a small update:

Over the past couple weekends I started working on the game again, but still, progress has been going at a snail's pace.
Anyway, so far I have managed to fix some of the bugs and issues you guys reported, as well as begin work on some of the new areas. I'll probably do a video or screenshot or something the next time I'm able to work on the game.

On a slightly unrelated note, I was really bored, so I made a "poster" in walfas related to the game...

« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2015, 09:44:53 PM »
Neato.

Also damn that dragon, I should have kept the shields.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #404 on: September 08, 2015, 02:39:51 AM »
Also damn that dragon, I should have kept the shields.
Shield? What shield? All you ever need is elemental armor from chapter 4. Or if you don't have that or decided to fight it earlier, you need to have lots of ultra potion, extends, elixir, and bomb. Oh, an also lots of luck, you'll need it. Just remember the sequence of its form :
Spoiler:
normal, fire, ice, thunder, wind, final

« Reply #405 on: September 08, 2015, 03:51:21 PM »
It just smites someone and then spams teravolt so i can't revive anyone. I'm just gonna give up and fight it again when I play the final version.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #407 on: September 19, 2015, 01:21:38 AM »
So someone seems to have found a fix for that problem some of you guys were having with chapter 5 after the Sanzu River cutscene.

Apparently all you need to do is re-load a file from before fighting Mima. It appears that save files from after, when imported into the two most recent versions, seem to cause the problem. I'm not 100% sure on this, but at least its a starting point.

Thanks to Sleepinglily AKA Galactiweirdo for this information.

« Reply #408 on: September 19, 2015, 05:26:49 PM »
Hi~Hi!
First of all, thank you for your amazing game, I looove rpg touhou fangame! I'm planning to do one in the next 2 years! :blush:
But I'm posting today to ask about something.
I'm currently chapter one, just after the big explosion when I were in the SDM. (I'm at the begining.)
But I did try Flandre for fun... and I actually won!
She gave me a powerful weapon (laeva) and she said she was one of the strongest boss in the game... it kinda scares me, did I do some mistake? I heard about an unfair mode, will I be able to battle her again?  :ohdear:
My point is, maybe we are too powerful at the begining?
(Otherwise so far the game is awesome! Thank you again for your hard work!!   :3 )

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #409 on: September 19, 2015, 09:16:21 PM »
But I did try Flandre for fun... and I actually won!
She gave me a powerful weapon (laeva) and she said she was one of the strongest boss in the game... it kinda scares me, did I do some mistake? I heard about an unfair mode, will I be able to battle her again?  :ohdear:
My point is, maybe we are too powerful at the begining?
You were either very lucky, or you were quite overleveled, what level was your party?
You cannot fight the lunatic variant of a boss that you have already defeated. If you wish to fight lunatic Flandre, you need to reload a save from before the fight.
You may or may not be "too powerful" at the beginning, it all depends on your party's level, and the items you have. Anyway, have fun being carried through roughly half the game by laevateinn. Anyone who can beat Flandre that early deserves it.

I'm also glad you're enjoying the game.  :)

« Reply #410 on: September 19, 2015, 10:06:59 PM »
I was level 15, but I got the weapon who can deal 2500 dmg!
How can I fight thoses? I love challenge, if it's gettin' harder, it's gettin' better to me!
And I don't want to miss some other boss like that..  :(
Oh and! Did "lunatic boss" give other rewards? Does it change something? To know if I'll really regret it or not! :ohdear:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:09:38 PM by Mokouda »

« Reply #411 on: September 20, 2015, 09:21:49 AM »
I was level 15, but I got the weapon who can deal 2500 dmg!
Level 15? And you are still at Chapter 1? Well, I'd say you are indeed quite overleveled.
How can I fight thoses? I love challenge, if it's gettin' harder, it's gettin' better to me!
And I don't want to miss some other boss like that..  :(
There are 2 Lunatic bosses in the game.
Spoiler:
They are Multi-Flandre and Angelic Mirror EX. The first one can be accessed by checking the certain torch in the basement. The second one is found in Tower of Reflection in Makai (Chapter 2) and requires you to use a certain password to enter the tower. (The password is
Spoiler:
JUSTINBAILEY
)

If you are wishing to fight the first one, good luck! It's harder than every other boss in the game, and its difficulty does not come from playing fair!
Oh and! Did "lunatic boss" give other rewards? Does it change something? To know if I'll really regret it or not! :ohdear:
Yes, a Lunatic boss gives an additional reward - an item that allows you to teach his Summon (a replication of one of his attacks) to a member of your party.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #412 on: September 20, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »
Spoiler:
They are Multi-Flandre and Angelic Mirror EX. The first one can be accessed by checking the certain torch in the basement. The second one is found in Tower of Reflection in Makai (Chapter 2) and requires you to use a certain password to enter the tower. (The password is
Spoiler:
JUSTINBAILEY
)
How the freaking heck are someone going to guess the name of some hockey dude?

« Reply #413 on: September 20, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »
That password looks like a Metroid reference to me.

« Reply #414 on: September 20, 2015, 10:25:25 AM »
How the freaking heck are someone going to guess the name of some hockey dude?
Quite simple:
Spoiler:
NARPASSWORD, the regular password, is one of the two most famous Metroid 1 passwords. Can you guess the other? That's riiight, it's JUSTINBAILEY.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #415 on: September 20, 2015, 11:20:24 AM »
Man, wish I got exposed to Metroid.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #416 on: September 20, 2015, 05:47:12 PM »
There's actually 3.
Spoiler:
You forgot about Suwako EX, the one exception to the "you can't fight a lunatic variation of an already defeated boss" rule
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 05:51:16 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #417 on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:23 PM »
There's actually 3.
Spoiler:
You forgot about Suwako EX, the one exception to the "you can't fight a lunatic variation of an already defeated boss" rule
Well, I didn't really forget about that boss. I didn't count it because
Spoiler:
Suwako EX doesn't really replace any (easier) fight, being just an optional boss, while two other bosses are actually replacing 'normal' fights with their 'lunatic' ones. The fact that it, unlike the others, isn't hidden at all doesn't help.

« Reply #418 on: September 25, 2015, 01:08:45 AM »
Hi, everyone.  Really enjoying this game.  Then again, I'm a sucker for RPGs and when you put Touhou in RPGs that just makes it the best thing ever.

I want to adopt the entirety of Team 9, I don't care that they're all older than me, damnit, just putting that out there.

Anyway, um quick question. Is it possible to beat Momiji before going through the other place that if I remember correctly was called the Road of Liminality? I've lit into her just after fighting Sak and Patchy and she refuses to go down.

Edit - Haw haw, nevermind just took her down. 

Now to test out the arena (I have a spare save just in case it bugs)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 01:29:47 AM by RinValastria »

« Reply #419 on: September 25, 2015, 03:58:22 PM »
I managed to beat her early on, but there's no need to go there right now. The arena makes you stop earning xp if you take part in it, so you should wait until the next version.

Excalibur doesn't seem very impressive from my time using it, seems as good as an average weapon.