Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 179441 times)

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2015, 03:49:03 AM »
Cirno's Freeze spell seems a bit weak for "moderate" ice damage on all enemies, though...Icicle Fall is dealing double its damage.
Also, from what I've heard before in this thread - I think - things like Blind sure became a bit useless.
Unlock Freeze's true potential by equipping Icicle Sword found in chapter 2.

Yeah, Blind is useless most bosses either resist it or use magic and danmaku which is undodgeable.

Edit: SPOILER WARNING!!!

How could I..... even though.....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:05:32 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #361 on: August 21, 2015, 07:00:27 PM »
I downloaded Version 6.1 yesterday (I did not download 6.0), and I noticed that the Road of Liminality is changed as seen in this screenshot:

[attach=1]
When I got off the Titanic (Komachi's ferry), the Road of Liminality changed back to its original form:

[attach=2]
I also can't find Reimu or Yukari anywhere.  I looked at Yukari's House, the Hakurei Shrine, Muenzuka, the SDM, the Road of Reconsideration, the Moriya Shrine, and the Dragon God palace. Just where are they?

P.S., good luck with college!
Something very strange is happening here, sadly I can't look into it at the moment. (The soonest I can take a look at it is the Saturday, the 29th)
From what I can tell, somehow a certain switch in the game wasn't triggered during the Komachi cutscene. Which is odd, considering that it worked perfectly for NEET.
I suggest you try one of the following:
1. trigger the Komachi ferry cutscene again and see if it works.
2. tell me exactly what you've done since clearing chapter 4.

« Reply #362 on: August 21, 2015, 08:04:03 PM »
I've completed the bad ending route on v6.0. Sure, it's not the full game, but still:

The Higan chest with single Chirumiru calls it Caffeine.
I hadn't really tested this, but I'm sure you can get perma-stuck by closing both Higan doors and going through the Abyss again.
Super Bandages cost as much as Bandages.
Luminaire is Dark. No, it's not about the icon, it's actually a Dark-elemented spell.
Considering Zuh is almost identical to Pazuzu, I don't think he qualifies as a super-boss anymore.
I don't see the point of Plate Mail. It's basically identical to elemental Mails minus the element negation.
Destruction Engine was utterly disappointing. I know it's a false final boss, but come on, Three Fairies were harder than it!

And bestiary:
Dark Yukkuri is immune to Physical.
Monochrome Yukkuri doesn't have weaknesses.
Blue Sigil is immune to most magic.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #363 on: August 21, 2015, 11:33:04 PM »
The Higan chest with single Chirumiru calls it Caffeine.
That was the old name for for it before it was changed to Chirumiru, I guess I must have missed a chest after the name change...

I hadn't really tested this, but I'm sure you can get perma-stuck by closing both Higan doors and going through the Abyss again.
Super Bandages cost as much as Bandages.
Luminaire is Dark. No, it's not about the icon, it's actually a Dark-elemented spell.
These are an easy fix, but, like I said before, I won't be able to do anything for a while.

Considering Zuh is almost identical to Pazuzu, I don't think he qualifies as a super-boss anymore.
I don't see the point of Plate Mail. It's basically identical to elemental Mails minus the element negation.
Destruction Engine was utterly disappointing. I know it's a false final boss, but come on, Three Fairies were harder than it!
Zuh and
Spoiler:
Destruction Engine
are probably going to be buffed in a future update.
As for plate mail, it was intended to serve as a late game armor for those who missed some of the elemental mails. It's also serving as a placeholder, since I'm still trying to think of a late-game armor that won't render the mails obsolete (and vice versa).

And bestiary:
Dark Yukkuri is immune to Physical.
Monochrome Yukkuri doesn't have weaknesses.
Blue Sigil is immune to most magic.
I'll fix these when I can.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #364 on: August 22, 2015, 12:07:42 AM »
What's the BGM for the beginning of the game, when you
Spoiler:
try to find Dayousei
?
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #365 on: August 22, 2015, 12:54:04 AM »
What's the BGM for the beginning of the game, when you
Spoiler:
try to find Dayousei
?
You mean the Misty Lake BGM? That's "Argue for and Against" from the SWR ost.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #366 on: August 22, 2015, 01:34:45 AM »
Thanks!  :D also your rpg is really fun (might benefit from more savepoints)
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #367 on: August 22, 2015, 03:25:01 AM »
From what I can tell, somehow a certain switch in the game wasn't triggered during the Komachi cutscene. Which is odd, considering that it worked perfectly for NEET.
It should be noted that I used version 6.0 to reenter Gensokyo.
Come to think of it, the Final Boss really reminded me of
Spoiler:
Time Devourer
from Chrono Cross.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:30:27 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #368 on: August 22, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »
It should be noted that I used version 6.0 to reenter Gensokyo.
Version number shouldn't be an issue though, considering that the only part of the game I touched between versions 6.0 and 6.1 is nameless hill. I did not edit the ferry scene in any way.

« Reply #369 on: August 23, 2015, 09:55:25 AM »
Well, I guess I'm done with the main storyline.

Chirumiru can be used outside of battle. Since Sleep wears off after battle, why?
I don't see the point of completing Cirno's sidequest 
Spoiler:
knocking 30000 HP off Heart of Makai instead of making it with 30000 HP less to begin with
, since
Spoiler:
you can't destroy it without completing the quest anyway
Speaking of the Cirno's sidequest, I don't see why it unlocks the good ending. It doesn't factor into the plot at all, being just a "get a new weapon" quest. The weapon itself also doesn't factor into the plot and is not even necessary to
Spoiler:
use against Heart of Makai
Dark King BGM starts again during the victory screen after defeating True Final Boss.
I think The Legendary Titan isn't used in the game anymore, yet it's still included.

Goblin, Scorpion, Stratoavis, Black Knight, Sandray and Healslime all have "Nope" in their resistances. Note the letter "p".
Still present.
Centipede and Millipede resist Insect.
Millipede is resistant to all magic (stuff like Moonlit Ray doesn't count). Perhaps this should be mentioned?

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #370 on: August 23, 2015, 03:27:41 PM »
This NEET always brings something interesting (read: bug). When I reach lvl 37, my next level got frozen meaning I can't no longer level up. Is this a bug or what?
Millipede is resistant to all magic (stuff like Moonlit Ray doesn't count). Perhaps this should be mentioned?
Or maybe it's because of its over the top MDef?

Edit:
Talking Magical Sword: Did you come here to wield my power?
Cirno: Yes! We have!
YEN: Huh? What?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 03:46:11 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

« Reply #371 on: August 23, 2015, 05:15:47 PM »
This NEET always brings something interesting (read: bug). When I reach lvl 37, my next level got frozen meaning I can't no longer level up. Is this a bug or what?
That's pretty undescriptive. What do you mean under "frozen"? Have you stopped receiving EXP from enemies or have the level-ups ceased despite you having enough EXP for the next level? Is it for the whole party or only some characters? What was the battle you went through before that happened?
Or maybe it's because of its over the top MDef?
Centipede has only 26,666...% MDF less than Millipede yet it takes more than 2x damage from magic, so I'd say no.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #372 on: August 23, 2015, 05:43:06 PM »
Chirumiru can be used outside of battle. Since Sleep wears off after battle, why?
My bad. I forgot to uncheck the "use outside of battle" flag.

I don't see the point of completing Cirno's sidequest 
Spoiler:
knocking 30000 HP off Heart of Makai instead of making it with 30000 HP less to begin with
, since
Spoiler:
you can't destroy it without completing the quest anyway
Speaking of the Cirno's sidequest, I don't see why it unlocks the good ending. It doesn't factor into the plot at all, being just a "get a new weapon" quest. The weapon itself also doesn't factor into the plot and is not even necessary to
Spoiler:
use against Heart of Makai
The 30000 HP knockoff from just Cirno's sidequest will not be in the final version, rather, the 30000 HP deduction will be the result of completing all 4 sidequests. (Cirno's sidequest will remove the "invincible" state, while the other sidequests will knock off 10000 HP for each one completed)

My current reasoning why completing the character sidequests unlocks the good ending is that the the party isn't strong enough to take down the
Spoiler:
Heart of Makai
. Which is why the sidequests grant them their best weapons and abilities. The reason why you need to complete Cirno's sidequest at a minimum? Well, I thought it seemed fitting.

Dark King BGM starts again during the victory screen after defeating True Final Boss.
Does it at least stop before Daisanji's last dialogue?

I think The Legendary Titan isn't used in the game anymore, yet it's still included.
I haven't got around to deleting it yet.

Still present.
Seriously? I swear I fixed that. Huh, must have accidentally hit cancel instead of apply... That will be corrected in the next version or bugfix.

Centipede and Millipede resist Insect.
maybe it's because of its over the top MDef?
Centipede has only 26,666...% MDF less than Millipede yet it takes more than 2x damage from magic, so I'd say no.
Good eye, Searinox. I actually made it seem like it was the over the top MDEF that gave the Millipede its resistances. But I couldn't really find a good MDEF value, so I gave it some overall magic resistance to supplement it.
Anyway, I guess I should mention the magic resistance in the bestiary. I'll put that in as soon as I can.

Also, I was doing some thinking and thought that when I add in the other character sidequests, I should give their ultimate weapons two variants (Just like I did with the
Spoiler:
Advent Blade
) as well. What are you guys' thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 05:55:35 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #373 on: August 23, 2015, 07:09:28 PM »
My current reasoning why completing the character sidequests unlocks the good ending is that the the party isn't strong enough to take down the
Spoiler:
Heart of Makai
. Which is why the sidequests grant them their best weapons and abilities. The reason why you need to complete Cirno's sidequest at a minimum? Well, I thought it seemed fitting.
My problem with this is twofold:
1) Cirno's sidequest doesn't give Cirno any abilities, buffs or whatever, only a powerful weapon. So basically, her "new powers" are entirely dependant on her wielding that weapon.
2) The
Spoiler:
Heart of Makai
only checks whether or not you've completed Cirno's sidequest.
And that's where is my main problem with the whole thing. It doesn't check if you have that weapon actually equipped on Cirno. You may as well equip Small Icicle on her and go battle, and
Spoiler:
Heart of Makai
will still be vulnerable, despite Cirno not wielding her "best weapons" necessary to "take down the
Spoiler:
Heart of Makai
". I would've been fine with it if
Spoiler:
Heart
actually checked for equipped weapon of if Cirno's sidequest actually gave her new abilities, but as it is now... no.
Does it at least stop before Daisanji's last dialogue?
Yes, it does.
Also, I was doing some thinking and thought that when I add in the other character sidequests, I should give their ultimate weapons two variants (Just like I did with the
Spoiler:
Advent Blade
) as well. What are you guys' thoughts on this?
And how is it supposed to go for Rumia's sidequest?
Spoiler:
True Rumia
doesn't exactly seem to have a wide assortment of different blades. What about Mystia and Wriggle? Are they going to pull shapeshifting weapons out of nowhere, too?
Basically, I'm not sure this is a good idea.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #374 on: August 23, 2015, 07:22:57 PM »
My problem with this is twofold:
1) Cirno's sidequest doesn't give Cirno any abilities, buffs or whatever, only a powerful weapon. So basically, her "new powers" are entirely dependant on her wielding that weapon.
2) The
Spoiler:
Heart of Makai
only checks whether or not you've completed Cirno's sidequest.
And that's where is my main problem with the whole thing. It doesn't check if you have that weapon actually equipped on Cirno. You may as well equip Small Icicle on her and go battle, and
Spoiler:
Heart of Makai
will still be vulnerable, despite Cirno not wielding her "best weapons" necessary to "take down the
Spoiler:
Heart of Makai
". I would've been fine with it if
Spoiler:
Heart
actually checked for equipped weapon of if Cirno's sidequest actually gave her new abilities, but as it is now... no.
Very well, I will change it so that it checks to see if the weapon is actually equipped on Cirno.

And how is it supposed to go for Rumia's sidequest?
Spoiler:
True Rumia
doesn't exactly seem to have a wide assortment of different blades. What about Mystia and Wriggle? Are they going to pull shapeshifting weapons out of nowhere, too?
Basically, I'm not sure this is a good idea.
Well, Rumia can just create one out of shadows.
Spoiler:
(Once her amulet is removed, of course.)
Mystia and Wriggle will probably just have a choice between two weapons.
Or maybe I'll just keep the weapon variants limited to just Cirno and Rumia. It honestly depends on how the details of Wriggle and Mystia's sidequests turn out. (I'm still trying to flesh out the ideas for those two.)

« Reply #375 on: August 23, 2015, 08:39:37 PM »
I suggest you try one of the following:
1. trigger the Komachi ferry cutscene again and see if it works.

I tried triggering the cutscene again, but I get the same results.

2. tell me exactly what you've done since clearing chapter 4.

From what I remember I did all the missions except the
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon fight.
. I entered the Higan, fought Komachi, and later fought Shiki Eiki. I don't recall touching any the switches in that level.

Anyway, I've decided to start a new game in hopes of getting rid of the problem.

P.S., will you be using your college's campus network for browsing on this site, or the one you use at home? If the former, does it filter Imgur?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #376 on: August 23, 2015, 09:42:44 PM »
From what I remember I did all the missions except the
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon fight.
. I entered the Higan, fought Komachi, and later fought Shiki Eiki. I don't recall touching any the switches in that level.
Those switches have nothing to do with it. When I said "switch" before, I was referring to a condition that RPG Maker refers to as a "switch", not the levers that control the doors in Higan. (It's a bit hard to explain what a "switch" is, try thinking of it as a variable, but rather than having many different values you can set it to, its only settings are "on" or "off." Anyway, they're usually used for scene and event control, much like variables.)

Anyway it looks like you did everything right, so I have no idea what's causing the problem. (And I won't be able to look for it until I can access the game's files on my home computer again.)

Anyway, I've decided to start a new game in hopes of getting rid of the problem.

P.S., will you be using your college's campus network for browsing on this site, or the one you use at home? If the former, does it filter Imgur?
I hope it works out for you. I'm sorry you had to restart. :(

I'll primarily be using the campus wifi to browse this site. It does not seem to have any filters as far as I know.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2015, 12:27:06 AM »
That's pretty undescriptive. What do you mean under "frozen"? Have you stopped receiving EXP from enemies or have the level-ups ceased despite you having enough EXP for the next level? Is it for the whole party or only some characters? What was the battle you went through before that happened?
Let me clarify it with video. It's the whole party. Unfortunately I can't remember that battle since I noticed way after I enter
Spoiler:
Jigoku/Hell
The 30000 HP knockoff from just Cirno's sidequest will not be in the final version, rather, the 30000 HP deduction will be the result of completing all 4 sidequests. (Cirno's sidequest will remove the "invincible" state, while the other sidequests will knock off 10000 HP for each one completed)
So, it's just like
Spoiler:
Deus
from Xenogears.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:17:14 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #378 on: August 24, 2015, 12:34:34 AM »
So, it's just like
Spoiler:
Deus[/spoiler
from Xenogears.
I'm sorry, but who?

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #379 on: August 24, 2015, 01:26:18 AM »
I'm sorry, but who?
Spoiler:
[attach=1]
This dude.
Spoiler:
The final boss of Xenogears. It surrounded by four guardians, every time you destroy one of them, you cut Its max HP and one of Its skills. By the time you destroy all the guardians, Its HP was reduced from 75000 to merely 40000. Of course there's nothing stopping you from beating It without destroying the guardians, but it will make the fight much more difficult.

Also, Here's the Good End of this game. I swear, the final boss is more persistent than cow excrement.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:30:25 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

« Reply #380 on: August 27, 2015, 02:01:00 AM »
Spoiler:
EXSuwako
doesn't seem to appear on the bestiary. Is she not supposed to?
Spoiler:
I'm missing entry 69 on it so I was wondering if it had to be her.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #381 on: August 27, 2015, 02:17:03 AM »
Spoiler:
EXSuwako
doesn't seem to appear on the bestiary. Is she not supposed to?
Spoiler:
I'm missing entry 69 on it so I was wondering if it had to be her.
I purposely excluded lunatic/EX bosses from the bestiary. So she is supposed to not appear in there.

« Reply #382 on: August 27, 2015, 04:18:08 AM »
I see. Thanks.

Also, the
Spoiler:
Kaiser battle seems a bit boring by effectively making part of the second half a 1v1 with rumia due to the absurd power of flare, and then the change to the ice form obliterates her before I get Cirno back. It's probably supposed to be fought later in the game, but...

I only went to try the above event because I'm getting a game over immediately with the start of chapter 4. I don't know if that's some non-standard variety because of the outcome of my battle or if it's actually a bug.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #383 on: August 27, 2015, 04:22:50 AM »
I only went to try the above event because I'm getting a game over immediately with the start of chapter 4. I don't know if that's some non-standard variety because of the outcome of my battle or if it's actually a bug.
Was Cirno alive at the end of the Chapter 3 endboss? If not, then I probably know what happened. (It happened to me before, during playtesting, but it was with Rumia and Wriggle's section. I fixed that problem. But I'm not sure if I did the same thing to Cirno/Mystia's section.)

« Reply #384 on: August 27, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »
Nope. Only Mystia was barely alive by the time the last attack landed and the fight ended.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #385 on: August 27, 2015, 06:09:48 PM »
Nope. Only Mystia was barely alive by the time the last attack landed and the fight ended.
That's what I figured. Try to have Cirno survive the fight and see if that fixes the problem.

« Reply #386 on: August 27, 2015, 08:40:19 PM »
I managed to do that and the scene ocurred normally. Mystia was fainted, though, so it made for a really annoying
Spoiler:
Kogasa
fight.
I noticed I'm not gaining xp anymore after I checked inside chapter 4. Tenshi was actually gaining, though, and even leveled up on her stay on my party. Now my team 9 is stuck on level 22.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #387 on: August 27, 2015, 09:28:39 PM »
I noticed I'm not gaining xp anymore after I checked inside chapter 4. Tenshi was actually gaining, though, and even leveled up on her stay on my party. Now my team 9 is stuck on level 22.
I honestly have no idea now to help you there. The "level freeze" bug never happened to me when I was playtesting, and it seemed to have happened to NEET much later than it did for you. Until I know exactly what might be causing it, and until I can work on the game again, I have no idea how to fix it.

I should probably add this bug, along with the Cirno bug to the buglist on the OP.

« Reply #388 on: August 27, 2015, 09:45:13 PM »
I'll try playing earlier saves of mine to see if I can come up with something. First thing that came to mind was the arena, since it says you can't earn xp there; maybe fighting there ends up setting that for fights outside later? (I think the arena was even showing xp points on screen for each victory despite that.)
Something else I should point is that the game was getting a few freezes at random frames for a while, which might either be my computer fumbling or something that is related or not to this bug.

I reloaded my save from 11:30 hours of play, 3 hours before I got to chapter 4. Before entering the arena for the first time. I already had this problem during chapter 3, but never noticed it. Luckily, I hadn't entered the arena and Suika was giving explanations still. I went outside and managed to earn xp from the same number I was at when I realized 3 hours later.

Edit: Yep, I fought the easy modo on arena and i stopped earning xp outside. Fighting on the arena will cause you that bug, which I don't know if it's related to NEET's problem. Fortunately, I keep a bunch of saves lying around for the case of multiple endings or lost secret bosses and stuff.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:10:22 PM by Sombres »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #389 on: August 27, 2015, 10:57:09 PM »
I'll try playing earlier saves of mine to see if I can come up with something. First thing that came to mind was the arena, since it says you can't earn xp there; maybe fighting there ends up setting that for fights outside later? (I think the arena was even showing xp points on screen for each victory despite that.)
Something else I should point is that the game was getting a few freezes at random frames for a while, which might either be my computer fumbling or something that is related or not to this bug.

I reloaded my save from 11:30 hours of play, 3 hours before I got to chapter 4. Before entering the arena for the first time. I already had this problem during chapter 3, but never noticed it. Luckily, I hadn't entered the arena and Suika was giving explanations still. I went outside and managed to earn xp from the same number I was at when I realized 3 hours later.

Edit: Yep, I fought the easy modo on arena and i stopped earning xp outside. Fighting on the arena will cause you that bug, which I don't know if it's related to NEET's problem. Fortunately, I keep a bunch of saves lying around for the case of multiple endings or lost secret bosses and stuff.
Okay, I see what's going on now. I think I forgot to disable the "no xp" flag for the arena after a fight. Thank you for finding the cause.