Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 179409 times)

Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.5 is here!
« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2015, 08:32:20 PM »
...that music on Komachi's battle...

I would like to know if it's possible to replace FF Mystic Quest's boss theme for that FF mashup. It's so damn excellent I'd wish to hear that everytime I find a boss... :3

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2015, 08:56:33 PM »
The
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon
fight is bugged, it keeps going in an infinite loop. When enemies in the abyss ambush you or do not let you flee, they don't attack (it happened to me in the fire area and the ice area). Whenever I load the bestiary or open a save file, there is about a second of lag. Finally, there's some OOC dialogue in the picture below:
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon
was already addressed by Searinox.

Are you talking about the Firn Fiends/Magmalices in The Abyss? Yeah, for some reason they don't attack on that odd gap between Turns 0 and 1 (Their AI tells them to use some attacks on odd numbered turns and others on even numbered turns. And in RPG Maker, Turn 0 is before the first command input, and turn 1 is actually the "second" turn. There is actually a "gap" turn between those two that the AI will skip over unless the attack condition is set to "always.") Anyway, I'll try to fix this in the next version (or bugfix, if it comes to that.).

As for the bestiary and save file lag, I think it's probably because of the "dummy" spaces I added to the bestiary to make room for future enemies and bosses (And to prevent save file incompatibility between future versions). It shouldn't get any worse than what it is now, and when the game is complete, I will delete any unused "dummy" spaces, so that might clear up the lag a bit.

Please use attachments (or mediafire) for images. I can't see most image hosts. Unless you do so, I have no idea what part of the game you are showing me.

Also, after battling the Yukkuri, I always take the Reaver. First, is there any incentive to
Spoiler:
transform it at the altar at the Makai?
It doesn't seem as effective after being transformed. Second, does anybody take the shield (Aegis)?
I looked at Prism's (transformed Reaver) attributes to give you an answer, and I realized that Prism actually does not behave as it's supposed to in the current version.
Anyway, here are the pros and cons:
Pros:
-Can now hit normally
-Keeps the +20 ATK and adds +20 MAT
-Attacks are imbued with every major element.
-Higher critical hit rate than most swords in the game. (But lower than Reaver's crit rate.)
-No longer reduces the wielder's max HP (But due to a mistake, it keeps the HP reduction in the current version, everything else works fine, though.)
Cons:
-No longer deals ludicrous amounts of damage on critical hits.
-Lower crit rate (But still higher than most swords in the game.)
-You lose the elemental shields to create it.

...that music on Komachi's battle...

I would like to know if it's possible to replace FF Mystic Quest's boss theme for that FF mashup. It's so damn excellent I'd wish to hear that everytime I find a boss... :3
If you really wanted to, I guess you could try to replace the track, but I have no idea if this will work properly, so do it at your own risk.

You could try opening the game's audio folder, copying the .ogg file for the mashup (It's actually in the current version, believe it or not. It's used for That One Sub-Boss.), renaming the copy to the exact same name as the Mystic Quest boss theme (or any other boss theme you choose), and then replacing the target file with the new one. (And if your target boss theme is a .mp3, you'll need to delete the .mp3 too.)

Again, I have no idea if this will work properly, but it should, in theory.

« Reply #332 on: July 31, 2015, 09:15:16 PM »
Please use attachments (or mediafire) for images

I've attached the picture.

[attach=1]

« Reply #334 on: August 01, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »
So, I ran through the demo again and found quite a few bugs and other things:

Polarity Bomb can damage several early magic-resistant bosses. Among them are Yukari (first phase), Red Yukkuri, YuugenMagan and FML.
Re-entering Depths of Makai from the Fallen Shrine will not set Battle BGM back to Ocean Palace.
In the cutscene before battling Namazu, Tenshi says that she "can't hold him on her own". When it comes to actually fighting Namazu, though...
Tenshi's Scarlet Armor protects you for two turns - the turn when you're activating it and the next one. Description says it only protects you for one turn.
Legion Core doesn't counter Wind.
Luminaire, the "ultimate Light magic", is apparently a Dark-elemented spell.
The "all-magic-immune" Orrery is vulnerable to Moonlit Ray and Polarity Bomb.

And a bunch of bestiary stuff:
Red Yukkuri isn't weak to Physical and Sap. Blue Yukkuri isn't weak to all magic. No further all-magic-immune bosses state they are weak to Physical or anything like that, so it's a discrepancy.
I don't think Miasma Bloom is a sub-boss...
I'm not completely sure, but Empowered Sunny Milk seems to take a bit more damage from Dark. If that's true, her weakness to Dark isn't stated.
Sariel's entry states resistance to Dark and Light. There isn't such resistance.
Support Tengu's Thunder weakness isn't stated.
Rycuda's Ice weakness isn't stated.
Both Liquid Metal Slime and regular Metal Slime state they have no immunities and are resistant to everything.
Loot Guardian's, Mountain Flower Fairy's and Dark Satellmite's description are cut off.
Goblin, Scorpion, Stratoavis, Black Knight, Sandray and Healslime all have "Nope" in their resistances. Note the letter "p".
Red Wisp's Ice resistance isn't stated.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #335 on: August 01, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »
Polarity Bomb can damage several early magic-resistant bosses. Among them are Yukari (first phase), Red Yukkuri, YuugenMagan and FML.
The "all-magic-immune" Orrery is vulnerable to Moonlit Ray and Polarity Bomb.
This is actually intentional. (Except for Yukari's first phase, I'll fix that.)

In the cutscene before battling Namazu, Tenshi says that she "can't hold him on her own". When it comes to actually fighting Namazu, though...
You were obviously very bored when you did this, weren't you?
Also, I'd like to call your attention to this trope.

Tenshi's Scarlet Armor protects you for two turns - the turn when you're activating it and the next one. Description says it only protects you for one turn.
Usually, I don't count the turn it was cast on. Since most enemies before the Abyssal Core are outspeed-able, meaning Scarlet Armor would be completely useless in most cases if just used on the turn it is cast on.

Legion Core doesn't counter Wind.
I'll fix that.

Luminaire, the "ultimate Light magic", is apparently a Dark-elemented spell.
Goblin, Scorpion, Stratoavis, Black Knight, Sandray and Healslime all have "Nope" in their resistances. Note the letter "p".
I swear I corrected both of these before I exported the project as Alpha v.5. Huh. I guess I made that change later than I thought.
(Note, Luminaire is still a light elemental spell, it just has the wrong element icon.)

And a bunch of bestiary stuff:
Red Yukkuri isn't weak to Physical and Sap. Blue Yukkuri isn't weak to all magic. No further all-magic-immune bosses state they are weak to Physical or anything like that, so it's a discrepancy.
I don't think Miasma Bloom is a sub-boss...
I'm not completely sure, but Empowered Sunny Milk seems to take a bit more damage from Dark. If that's true, her weakness to Dark isn't stated.
Sariel's entry states resistance to Dark and Light. There isn't such resistance.
Support Tengu's Thunder weakness isn't stated.
Rycuda's Ice weakness isn't stated.
Both Liquid Metal Slime and regular Metal Slime state they have no immunities and are resistant to everything.
Loot Guardian's, Mountain Flower Fairy's and Dark Satellmite's description are cut off.
Red Wisp's Ice resistance isn't stated.
I'll fix all of these.

« Reply #336 on: August 01, 2015, 07:25:43 PM »
Well, is Chapter 5 ready?

(Well, I'm just waiting for Chapter 5 to actually play this game... :derp:)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #337 on: August 02, 2015, 12:02:28 AM »
Well, is Chapter 5 ready?

(Well, I'm just waiting for Chapter 5 to actually play this game... :derp:)
The main part of chapter 5, as well as the bad ending route of chapter 6, are done.
However, I'm not releasing the next version yet because I feel that it's both too soon, and that the new section of the game feels painfully short (since the main way to get the bad ending is to rush through chapter 5, not doing any of the sidequests.)

So the next version will be released when I make the good ending route.

However, if I feel that a bugfix update is necessary, I might as well include what I've added so far with it. (But this is very unlikely to happen.)

In other news, here's a new area that will be in the next version, which is where the useless cave at the bottom of Youkai Mountain now leads (Meaning it can also be accessed as soon as you can beat Momiji.). I'll leave you guys to guess what it is...
[attach=1]

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #338 on: August 02, 2015, 11:49:16 AM »
In other news, here's a new area that will be in the next version, which is where the useless cave at the bottom of Youkai Mountain now leads (Meaning it can also be accessed as soon as you can beat Momiji.).
Cool, how about the useless cave at the Abyss entrance part 2 (Legion Core)?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #339 on: August 02, 2015, 05:49:39 PM »
Cool, how about the useless cave at the Abyss entrance part 2 (Legion Core)?
I'm actually going to remove that one. Since I completely forgot it was there, and since you won't be able to return to the Fringes of the Abyss on subsequent visits. (Revisiting the Abyss takes you directly to the core.)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #340 on: August 05, 2015, 05:45:23 AM »
Hey, guys, perhaps you can help me with something.

I'm currently working on Cirno's sidequest, and part of it involves visiting Muenzuka. Unfortunately, I can't think of a boss to stick there. I was hoping you guys could suggest something/someone that would fit with that environment.

If I can't come up with anything/you can't suggest me anything good, I'll just do one of the following:
1. Make the boss a giant ghost.
2. Make Muenzuka the one area of the sidequest that has no boss guarding the sidequest-related plot device.

EDIT: Oh, and here's a new teaser image for one of the sidequest endbosses.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:49:44 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #341 on: August 07, 2015, 05:42:37 PM »
Lily White, Lily Black and/or Medicine? (Or just Shikieiki herself...)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #342 on: August 07, 2015, 05:52:10 PM »
Lily White, Lily Black and/or Medicine? (Or just Shikieiki herself...)
Medicine and Shikieiki are already bosses in Cirno's Sidequest and the main part of Chapter 5, respectively.

I would go with Lily White, if I could think of a valid reason for why she'd be in Muenzuka (Which, according to the wiki, is "a graveyard for humans who don't have any relatives or were from outside of Gensokyo") of all places.

« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2015, 01:15:36 AM »
Well, when I was thinking of Medicine, I instantly (and somehow) thought in Lily White and Lily Black accompaning her.

Then, I have no idea, unless you choose Orin, but she wouldn't fit too...

But what about Seiga and Yoshika?

What about Yuyuko / Youmu? Muenzuka is a place near the netherworld, so maybe Youmu would be slicing ghosts around there for no reason at all and Yuyuko...well...fooling around. :V
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:17:45 AM by DLS »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2015, 01:37:15 AM »
Then, I have no idea, unless you choose Orin, but she wouldn't fit too...
Spoiler:
Orin will probably be a boss in Rumia's sidequest, which is going to take place mostly in the underground.

But what about Seiga and Yoshika?
Spoiler:
I'm already planning a sidequest involving the Taoists, but it's probably going to be included in the Post Game. (which won't be made for a while.)

What about Yuyuko / Youmu? Muenzuka is a place near the netherworld, so maybe Youmu would be slicing ghosts around there for no reason at all and Yuyuko...well...fooling around. :V
Spoiler:
I'm planning for Mystia's sidequest to involve the Netherworld, so Youmu will probably be fought during that sidequest.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2015, 02:41:51 AM »
FF Omega/ Kogasa again?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #346 on: August 08, 2015, 02:57:05 AM »
FF Omega/ Kogasa again?
Omega will not be in this game. And I do not plan on adding any more battles with Kogasa at this time.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #347 on: August 09, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »
Blah... Blah... Blah... Usual boss preview video... Blah... Blah...

« Reply #348 on: August 09, 2015, 10:57:24 PM »
Hey, guys, perhaps you can help me with something.

I'm currently working on Cirno's sidequest, and part of it involves visiting Muenzuka. Unfortunately, I can't think of a boss to stick there. I was hoping you guys could suggest something/someone that would fit with that environment.

If I can't come up with anything/you can't suggest me anything good, I'll just do one of the following:
1. Make the boss a giant ghost.
2. Make Muenzuka the one area of the sidequest that has no boss guarding the sidequest-related plot device.

EDIT: Oh, and here's a new teaser image for one of the sidequest endbosses.

Here's one possibility: Nazrin lives around Muenzuka and goes treasure hunting in the area for items that come in from Outside.  Perhaps Cirno's quest and Nazrin's search intersect, leading to a battle.  Admittedly though, I'm not sure if the Buddhist already have a role elsewhere in your game.  I am trying to hold off on playing the demos until I can experience the whole game in its entirety.  It looks like a really great adventure, and I look forward to seeing the final result.

Also, something to note about the Netherworld: it appears that captive ghosts can have a number of uses in Gensokyo, such as acting as cooling devices or dehumidifiers.  Might make for some interesting items to collect in that area.  A number of people like to use them to stay cool in the summer, so they could also work as trade items as well.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2015, 04:04:50 PM »
Looks pretty danm cool :3

But i'm confused, which one of the links am i supposed to download?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #350 on: August 10, 2015, 04:12:39 PM »
But i'm confused, which one of the links am i supposed to download?
The one with the highest version number. (Currently, that is Alpha v.5)

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #351 on: August 10, 2015, 04:21:56 PM »
The one with the highest version number. (Currently, that is Alpha v.5)

Thank you so much  :D

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2015, 07:54:32 PM »
Alright, so I'm going to try to get the good ending route done by the 18th.

Why? Because after the 18th, progress on this game will grind to a snail's pace. The reason is because I start my first year of college on the 19th, meaning I will not be able to access the game's files, and therefore work on the game, for extended periods of time.

So I will work as fast as I can to get the good ending done, and release the next version as soon as that happens. However, there's no guarantees.
If I can't finish it by the 18th, then I will just upload what I have that day. Which, as of this post, is the bad ending route, and roughly two thirds of Cirno's sidequest. If you guys prefer that I don't do this, you have roughly three days to speak up. Just know that if you oppose this, you would have to wait half a year at the very least for the next version to come out.

Also, if anyone can provide me with something I can use as a placeholder overworld sprite for
Spoiler:
Konngara
, it would help me greatly.

That is all.

Also, this.

EDIT: And this.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:26:06 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #353 on: August 17, 2015, 08:02:02 PM »
How do you get Multi-Flan? I've done every quest I can think of, but I still get red torches.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #354 on: August 17, 2015, 09:31:55 PM »
How do you get Multi-Flan? I've done every quest I can think of, but I still get red torches.
To quote Searinox119:
"The bright, steady light in the place overtaken by darkness will reveal the insanity of the embodiment of destruction..."

Or if you're bad at cryptic hints:
Spoiler:
One of the torches is not like the others...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2015, 06:12:16 AM »
Phew. I told you guys I'd upload something on the 18th. (Well, I know it's technically not the 18th anymore, but it's still just past midnight where I live, so close enough.)

Anyway, here's a new version:
Alpha v.6 - Endgame (Part 1)

Changes:
-The main section of Chapter 5 and 95% of Cirno's Sidequest was added.
-Chapter 6 added.
-Bad ending 2 added.
-Minimum requirements for good ending added.
-Good ending added. (Duh.)
-Final Boss and True Final Boss added.
-Kanako and Suwako's bestiary music has been corrected.
-Gale Cavern (and Excalipoor) is now inaccessible until after clearing the Sealed Abyss.
-Zuh now enters battle with a Killing Machine and a Chaotic Wisp.
-Chapter 3 Superboss is now fixed.
-Legion Core now counters wind.
-That cave at the bottom right of Lower Youkai Mountain actually leads somewhere now.
-The Death Mask has been moved to the SDM's second floor, and a new MIAB now takes its place on the first floor.
-Excalibur has been buffed.
-All Liquid Metal Slimes on Lower Youkai Mountain were removed.
-Some disreperancies in the bestiary were corrected.
-Northern Gensokyo is now accessible. (Most of it is only reachable in chapter 5, though.)
-An optional, "impossible" fight added.

Known Bugs:
-If you import a save file from after killing Pazuzu, Excalipoor/Excalibur becomes unobtainable. (Unless of course, you already have it. :P)
-Revival spells cast by enemies no longer work for some reason. I'm still trying to figure out which script is causing this. (This was actually present in some of the older versions, but I forgot to address it until now.)
-Because of the above bug a certain late game boss can be made easier.

I'm sorry if some sections seem a bit off, I will go back and polish them up when I get around to it. Like I said earlier, I won't have many opportunities to work on the game for the next 1/2 year, so progress will be painfully slow for a while.

However, that won't mean I will be inactive on these forums, so still feel free to use this thread to discuss the game, help develop ideas, report bugs, etc. I'll still be here to address your problems. (Just note that if in the rare case you find a bug that completely breaks the storyline, I won't be able to actually fix it until I get an opportunity to work on the game again.)

And with that I say, good night.

(Sorry, but no video preview with this update. Maybe tomorrow if I have the time.)

As always, please let me know if anything comes up.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2015, 10:10:51 AM »
Oh yeah, I got some interesting situation right here.

This is before fighting Medicine.
[attach=1]

This is after fighting Medicine.
[attach=2]

And the bug still linger after after I enter world map.
[attach=3]

Sure it makes me move faster, but I'm a little uncomfortable with this.

By the way, good luck with your college. You're gonna have a lot of fun in there.

P.S: Now you know why my video took so long so upload.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:14:47 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #357 on: August 19, 2015, 03:59:37 PM »
Oh yeah, I got some interesting situation right here.

This is before fighting Medicine.
[attach=1]

This is after fighting Medicine.
[attach=2]

And the bug still linger after after I enter world map.
[attach=3]

Sure it makes me move faster, but I'm a little uncomfortable with this.

At least that bug isn't game breaking, since the easiest way to fix it is to trigger a cutscene that makes the followers reappear.
Anyway, for any future players, here's a bugfix that prevents that from happening: Alpha v.6.1

« Reply #358 on: August 20, 2015, 03:49:42 PM »
Hiya, I'm playing v6.0, it looks great! I managed to beat Momiji with a level 8 party.

Cirno's Freeze spell seems a bit weak for "moderate" ice damage on all enemies, though...Icicle Fall is dealing double its damage.
Also, from what I've heard before in this thread - I think - things like Blind sure became a bit useless.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:28:41 PM by Sombres »

« Reply #359 on: August 20, 2015, 08:17:16 PM »
I downloaded Version 6.1 yesterday (I did not download 6.0), and I noticed that the Road of Liminality is changed as seen in this screenshot:

[attach=1]
When I got off the Titanic (Komachi's ferry), the Road of Liminality changed back to its original form:

[attach=2]
I also can't find Reimu or Yukari anywhere.  I looked at Yukari's House, the Hakurei Shrine, Muenzuka, the SDM, the Road of Reconsideration, the Moriya Shrine, and the Dragon God palace. Just where are they?

P.S., good luck with college!