Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 179435 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.4 has arrived!
« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2015, 01:33:55 PM »
Then I'd choose Wriggle.
So I voted Wriggle.
For team member, I vote for Wriggle too.

Wow, no love for Wriggle. lol

Wriggle it is, then.

« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2015, 08:49:08 PM »
I wasn't really planning on adding oarfish enemies.
Spoiler:
But if you want to help, some overworld sprites for generic Celestials would be nice, because I'm currently using fairies as their placeholder sprites. (Some new battle sprites to go with the overworld sprites would also be nice, since the current sprites I'm using for them are just edits and palette swaps of Tenshi's Touhoumon sprite, ((spoiler warning) as shown by this hastily made image.)) which don't look that appealing to me.
[/quote

In Touhou : Wondering Souls, there's a level that takes place in Bhava-Agra. If you are looking for generic enemies to populate Bhava-agra, I think that using some of these assets (with her permission of course) would be a good way to go. Here's her youtube account:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Estheone

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #272 on: April 18, 2015, 10:32:36 PM »
I just finished work on chapter 3!

But there's no new version yet, because the next version is going to include chapter 4 as well!

On that note, I kinda need some sprites, or at the very least some placeholders for a very important character in the fourth chapter. I need two overworld sprites for (MAJOR spoilers ahead)
Spoiler:
Mima. I need one of them to be a "normal" Mima, and I need the other one to be Mima covered in a hooded cloak (so that she isn't immediately recognizable as Mima, since I plan to have Mima cast off the cloak and reveal her identity at the end of the chapter.) A dialogue image for hooded Mima in SWR style (with about 50% of the face obscured with the hood's shadow) would also be nice, but I can make do without one as well. A dialogue image for normal MIma is unnecessary since I can easily find one just by googling.

Also, almost every boss Chapter 4 is going to be a "Guest" boss from another game, due to chapter 4's setting (A sealed abyss where powerful monsters from many different universes are all sealed in.). Any thoughts on this idea?

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #273 on: April 19, 2015, 06:25:07 AM »
Spoiler:
Mima. I need one of them to be a "normal" Mima, and I need the other one to be Mima covered in a hooded cloak (so that she isn't immediately recognizable as Mima, since I plan to have Mima cast off the cloak and reveal her identity at the end of the chapter.) A dialogue image for hooded Mima in SWR style (with about 50% of the face obscured with the hood's shadow) would also be nice, but I can make do without one as well. A dialogue image for normal MIma is unnecessary since I can easily find one just by googling.
*fan-boyish scream*

For the overworld, can't you use the default RPG maker hooded figure ?

Spoiler:
Also, almost every boss Chapter 4 is going to be a "Guest" boss from another game, due to chapter 4's setting (A sealed abyss where powerful monsters from many different universes are all sealed in.). Any thoughts on this idea?
Spoiler:
I suggest using That One Boss from other RPG, just like FFIV: After Years did.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2015, 08:50:35 PM »
For the overworld, can't you use the default RPG maker hooded figure ?

I'm already using it for Daisanji. And the only other default hooded figure not only has visible legs, but also looks too masculine...

« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2015, 08:22:02 PM »
Spoiler:

I know that it has absolutely nothing to do with Final Fantasy or classic RPGs (And will probably not be accepted), but how about having one of the Chapter 4 bosses be a
Spoiler:
pseudogiant that is summoned by the three fairies
to slow down Team 9 (If you wish, I'll even post some dialogue regarding it I came up with later)? Just throwing it out there.

Spoiler:
Here's a page on the psuedogiant: http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Pseudogiant

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #276 on: April 20, 2015, 09:16:25 PM »
I know that it has absolutely nothing to do with Final Fantasy or classic RPGs (And will probably not be accepted), but how about having one of the Chapter 4 bosses be a
Spoiler:
pseudogiant that is summoned by the three fairies
to slow down Team 9 (If you wish, I'll even post some dialogue regarding it I came up with later)? Just throwing it out there.

Spoiler:
Here's a page on the psuedogiant: http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Pseudogiant

That wouldn't work because
Spoiler:
Chapter 4 is the only chapter where the three fairies never make an appearance.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2015, 02:15:02 AM »
Oh, how about
Spoiler:
"guests" from your other stories? Like, walfas style Mima's team from your webcomic?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2015, 02:34:31 AM »
Oh, how about
Spoiler:
"guests" from your other stories? Like, walfas style Mima's team from your webcomic?

I'm not going to add guest bosses from my other works. And walfas graphics would clash too much with the sprite-based style of the game, anyway.

On a somewhat unrelated note, It's nice to know that people actually read my webcomic.  :) lol
(I should probably start updating that again, shouldn't I?)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2015, 11:22:52 PM »
Behold, The first of the eight main "guest" bosses:
Spoiler:
Gamera! Cagnazzo, from Final Fantasy IV!

I managed to re-create his AI almost perfectly.
:]

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #280 on: April 24, 2015, 08:33:01 AM »
Spoiler:
Out of four elemental archfiends, you just have to chose the one that I had most trouble against. This should be interesting.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #281 on: April 27, 2015, 01:23:51 AM »
I got two more areas of chapter 4 almost done (Just need to add chests and enemies.) Each area has its own gimmick and guest boss, and this time I'll have you decide which one I'm going to make a preview video about.

Would you rather see a preview of:
The wind elemental area?
or
The earth elemental area?

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #282 on: April 27, 2015, 10:13:26 AM »
Wind = dangerous.
Vote one for earth.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #283 on: May 02, 2015, 12:05:32 AM »
Wind = dangerous.
Vote one for earth.
Wow. Only one vote in that time frame?

Well, I guess earth it is!

There are no enemies or treasure chests in this area yet. I'm going to add them in later.

Spoiler:
The boss of the area is Teramutant from Chrono Trigger (Or Terra Mutant, if you've played the SNES version). Just like in Chrono Trigger, only the top half needs to be defeated to win.
Both halves, however, are very resistant to physical attacks and the bottom half will counter with lifeshaver if you physically attack it.

The area also has a sub-boss, which attacks if you take too long to reach the central area. Details are in the video above.

Once again I would like to say that I'm open to suggestions for more bosses and sub-bosses. I still have some positions to fill for the area guardians and I'm starting to run out of ideas.
Here's a list of all the areas, including the ones that don't have a guardian yet, if it helps with the suggestion process:
Water Area -
Spoiler:
Cagnazzo (Final Fantasy IV)
Earth Area - 
Spoiler:
Teramutant (Chrono Trigger), Zone Eater (Final Fantasy VI)
Wind Area - 
Spoiler:
Pazuzu (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)
Fire Area -
Spoiler:
I'm thinking possibly Hibachi from DoDonPachi, or Son of the Sun from Chrono Trigger.
Light Area -
Thunder Area -
Spoiler:
Either Whelk from Final Fantasy VI, or Kracko from the Kirby series (lol), any other ideas are welcome.
Dark Area -
Ice Area -

« Reply #284 on: May 02, 2015, 05:10:22 AM »
If there's something this game could really use, its some sort of fast travel.
Kinda like in xenoblade chronicles, let the party warp to places they've already been. Takes out a lot of the walking time.

That said, boss ideas:
any legendary pokemon of the appropriate type
deadbeard/dullahan from golden sun
crystal king from paper mario

Btw, will the elemental shields (or any equipment, really) eventually be sold? I missed one or two and its kinda hard to find the missing ones.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #285 on: May 02, 2015, 03:03:42 PM »
for dark: mephiles(sonic 2006) or dark star(mario & luigi bowser's inside story)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #286 on: May 03, 2015, 03:59:07 AM »
If there's something this game could really use, its some sort of fast travel.

I was thinking of turning Yukari into a fast travel system at one point, but it ended up being a bit more complex then I imagined.
Though I might try to implement this idea again once I start work on chapter 5. We'll see.

for dark: mephiles(sonic 2006) or dark star(mario & luigi bowser's inside story)
I can see Dark Star working... Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT:

New Preview video for the Light Area Boss:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:07:43 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2015, 03:21:54 PM »
Following The Plus-Minus Complex's footsteps, I've decided to cover most bosses from chapter 1 onward.

Here's the link if anyone interested in it:
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9Hc4Sp0b1rKt_GKdj0C5fE_wVhdQPf99

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2015, 01:51:53 AM »
Another boss preview: https://youtu.be/NdTqQITr9d8
BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Nicolas Cage.
2. Desperado.
3. Cluster F-Bomb.

Also, I'm still in need of some overworld
Spoiler:
Mima
sprites, if someone could generously provide me with some or at least give me some better placeholders than what I have, I will be grateful:
Spoiler:
I need one of them to be a "normal" Mima, and I need the other one to be Mima covered in a hooded cloak (so that she isn't immediately recognizable as Mima, since I plan to have Mima cast off the cloak and reveal her identity at the end of the chapter.) A dialogue image for hooded Mima in SWR style (with about 50% of the face obscured with the hood's shadow) would also be nice, but I can make do without one as well. A dialogue image for normal MIma [sic] is unnecessary since I can easily find one just by googling.
Spoiler:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:25:10 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2015, 01:16:08 PM »
Another boss preview: https://youtu.be/NdTqQITr9d8
Will it also have the Lunatic version? Because it isn't really Hibachi without some ridiculous TLB stuff...
Also, I'm still in need of some overworld
Spoiler:
Mima
sprites
Spoiler:
Mima
's design changes pretty much every game. Which one do you need? If you need the
Spoiler:
SoEW
one, which form do you need?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2015, 03:49:49 PM »
Will it also have the Lunatic version? Because it isn't really Hibachi without some ridiculous TLB stuff...
At some point I'll add one. I'll need to think of an unlock method first...

Spoiler:
Mima
's design changes pretty much every game. Which one do you need? If you need the
Spoiler:
SoEW
one, which form do you need?
Probably something based off this look, which is what I'm currently using as a dialogue image. (Give her her ghost tail)
[attach=1]
And please use attachments, because the image hosting site I was previously using died. If you do not use attachments (or an image host that is least likely to be blocked) I will NOT be able to see or use what you give me.

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2015, 03:57:32 PM »
Hey Nazgul where did you get these sprites? I am doing a school project and i want to use alice's sprite.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #292 on: May 16, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »
Hey Nazgul where did you get these sprites? I am doing a school project and i want to use alice's sprite.
I found most of my non-placeholder overworld sprites here: http://spritedatabase.net/game/2366&view=2

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2015, 05:02:08 PM »
PROGRESS UPDATE:

So I've pretty much finished making the main bosses of the
Spoiler:
Sealed Abyss
save for two of them
Spoiler:
(Dark Star and Mima, because Dark Star has a massive bug in it's AI which I'm trying to find a work around for, and my diligent googling has not found any good battle sprites for Mima yet. (The only good battle sprite I found was too poor quality to be of any use, and the touhoumon sprites don't look threatening enough.))

Also, I regret to say that once the next version comes out, you must start over your save files due to me having to expand the size of the bestiary. I'm sorry that you'll all have to start over, but I can't fix the problem because of how the bestiary script works. So you all might want to prepare yourselves once the next version comes out. (On the bright side, this probably will not happen again until the final version, where I'll be forced to modify the bestiary once more.)

As for a release date for the next version, I'd estimate that it's still a few weeks away with my current level of progress.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:04:51 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #294 on: May 24, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »
Also, I regret to say that once the next version comes out, you must start over your save files due to me having to expand the size of the bestiary. I'm sorry that you'll all have to start over, but I can't fix the problem because of how the bestiary script works. So you all might want to prepare yourselves once the next version comes out. (On the bright side, this probably will not happen again until the final version, where I'll be forced to modify the bestiary once more.)

As for a release date for the next version, I'd estimate that it's still a few weeks away with my current level of progress.
That's all right, all I need to do is start over for the fourth time right?

By the way, I recolored Koakuma's sprite for the lesser demon enemy and edited Kedama's sprite for the Divine Kedama boss.  What do you think?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #295 on: May 24, 2015, 11:17:58 PM »
By the way, I recolored Koakuma's sprite for the lesser demon enemy and edited Kedama's sprite for the Divine Kedama boss.  What do you think?

They look nice. I'll put these in as soon as I can.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #296 on: June 12, 2015, 04:52:52 PM »
Hello Naz. How's the news of my favorite Touhou fan RPG?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #297 on: June 12, 2015, 06:24:25 PM »
Hello Naz. How's the news of my favorite Touhou fan RPG?
Progress is going quite slow at the moment. I had to playtest all the way back to chapter 4 (which takes around 7-8 hours for me.) due to the bestiary expansion. My search for a battle sprite for
Spoiler:
Mima
hasn't turned up anything good, so I may have to resort to using a placeholder or drawing one myself. I also still can't figure out what's wrong with
Spoiler:
Dark Star's
AI, so I may end up having to scrap him and replace him with a different boss.

Other than that, chapter 4 is mostly complete. I just need to add in some enemy encounters, loot chests, and a few sub-bosses.
Spoiler:
(As well as one, special boss.)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:49:52 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #298 on: June 13, 2015, 01:46:28 AM »
Can you use the sprite from any other fan games like say: Touhou Mother?

R. P. Genocraft

« Reply #299 on: June 14, 2015, 02:35:06 PM »
Try something like Dark Bowser if you can't use Dark Star, it would be still good!