Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 179411 times)

Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.4 has arrived!
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2015, 05:37:12 AM »
But that shouldn't be happening, as there are clearly defined conditions for winning the battle as well as for losing it. The cutscene should have proceeded as normal with the difference of one bit of dialogue.
I even checked the event. There is nothing that causes the event to end prematurely and repeat in the "win" condition. And there's nothing that accidentally changes a variable or switch in that condition either.

In that regard, I still suspect that this was only a one-time fluke. If it does happen again, or someone else comes across the same bug, let me know and I'll look into this a bit further.

No, that wasn't a one-time fluke - just happened to me too. Skipped straight to "Oof... My head...". Then upon trying to leave the bridge cutscene starts again, the fireball explodes, and then the game stops.

Not sure why this happens. It's like the battle ends without winning or losing, but how?

EDIT: Wait. "Abort Battle". Are you ending your battle with this command? If so, there's your problem.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:46:54 AM by Searinox119 »

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2015, 05:33:05 AM »
Somebody help me!!

I don't know the password to enter Tower of Reflection and the only clue is about some dude named Imanok which is not password.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #242 on: March 16, 2015, 05:52:31 AM »
Somebody help me!!

I don't know the password to enter Tower of Reflection and the only clue is about some dude named Imanok which is not password.
That's actually the clue to how to get through the Forest of Illusion without trial and error.
Spoiler:
(Spell Imanok backwards, and things will start to make sense.)
The clue to the Tower of Reflection password
Spoiler:
is in the last room of the Forest of Illusion.

« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2015, 10:35:02 AM »
So, another (small this time) batch:

Nitori doesn't see the Paradox Knife if you have it equipped.
Nazrin finds Paradox Knife and Aegis after you remake them into Wondershot and Rainbow Shield. Pretty sure it's the same thing with Reaver.
Excalipoor. Just... Excalipoor. Why did you think THIS was a good idea?
Is the BGM change for both Flandre and Lunatic Flandre intentional? If so, why is the Tiberius Augustus theme still included?
What's with the sudden level 28 spell for Cirno?

And a bunch of equipment description typos and inconsistencies (additions are bold and green, removals are red):
-"Armor worn by patrol tengu." (Tengu Armor)
-"A small icicle weielded as a dagger" (Small Icicle)
-"An sharpened Iicicle weielded as a dagger" (Icicle)
-"A wickedly long Iicicle weielded as a shortsword." (Large Icicle)
-"The natural claws of a Nnight Ssparrow." (Sparrow Claw)
-"The claw of a bird of prey." (Talon)
-"A steel-plated claw." (Iron Claw)
-"A Sshield made of Makaian Ccrystals. Increases Magic Defense." (Crystal Shield)
-"A Sshield that increases all elemental resistances. It's enchantment feels... Incomplete..." (Aegis)
-"A cursed blade that deals ludricrous crit damage. Max HP is sacrificed, hovwever." (Reaver)
-"Sakuya's Ppads. You are "Bborrowing" them..." (Pads)
-"A Ppocketwatch you took from Sakuya while she was unconscious. Allows the user to cast Haste!" (Pocketwatch)
-"One of Sakuya's Kknives. It deals a random amount of damage between 1 and 300. Cannot Crit." (Paradox Knife)
-"A blessing given by the fallen shrine. Allows the wearer to cast Revive II." (Unknown Blessing)
-"Gives 25 TP." (Point)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:17:29 AM by Searinox119 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2015, 01:01:48 PM »

Because...... Gilgamesh?
At least in FF you still have physical based skill.

Speaking of BGM, I found many unused RPG maker default BGM in the game folder. I bet if you delete them it will slightly reduce the game filesize.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2015, 03:25:20 PM »
Because I like Lethal Joke Weapons. And because there may or may not be a sidequest involving it in the future.

Is the BGM change for both Flandre and Lunatic Flandre intentional? If so, why is the Tiberius Augustus theme still included?
Yes, I changed Lunatic Flandre's BGM to that of the other lunatic bosses for consistency reasons. The Tiberius Augustus theme is still there because I will have another use for it later.

What's with the sudden level 28 spell for Cirno?
It was originally going to be learned around the time Ice Armor was learned, but it ended up being way too overpowered. Instead of deleting it from Cirno's learnset or tweaking the damage formula, I just moved it to a much higher level than the rest of her spells, with hopes that it would be more suited for the second half of the game. (Which has not been made yet. And if it's still overpowered at that point I'll probably just delete it.)

Speaking of BGM, I found many unused RPG maker default BGM in the game folder. I bet if you delete them it will slightly reduce the game filesize.
Those are there because they are included in RPG Maker's RTP. If I were to delete them, you would need two separate downloads just to play the game, since several of the other resources (such as tilesets) use the RTP or use the RTP as a placeholder.

Besides, those would have a rather small impact on the file size if I were to delete them. The true offender is the rest of the BGM files, which are .mp3 files. I'm planning to convert all of them to .ogg vorbis files at some point in the future. When that happens, the size of the music files will be about 70% smaller, leading to a significant reduction in the game's file size.

« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2015, 09:01:59 PM »
Also, I managed to beat Daisanji. This caused the game to repeat the event between Shinki and Daisanji, and the game freeze after that.

I honestly have no idea what caused that to happen, since no part of the cutscene event triggers an accidental loop. If this bug can be replicated, then I'll do a deeper investigation to find the source of the problem, but until then I'm considering this a one-time occurrence.

I'm almost finished with the demo and I got the same exact bug when I beat Daisanji. Anyway, I think that there should be a save point right before that battle with Daisanji (I would suggest the area in the green diamond):

Some random observations:

Primeval Mountain (The BGM for Youkai Mountain) reminds me of the soundtack for the first Command and Conquer. When I went through the
Spoiler:
Dark Shrine
that Daisanji would brainwash Daiyousei into becoming his miko and that we would have to fight her. I looked in the game files and I saw a character that looks a lot like Daiyousei:

Finally, there's an area that looks like a forest area in the red circle, is that going to be a playable region in the future?

Also, is Rumia related to Daisanji?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »
Anyway, I think that there should be a save point right before that battle with Daisanji (I would suggest the area in the green diamond):
The reason there isn't one there is because there's no real reward for beating Daisanji other than a slightly different cutscene after the fight. Meaning there's really no point in saving right before him since the net outcome will be pretty much the same regardless if you win or lose.

I looked in the game files and I saw a character that looks a lot like Daiyousei:
lol, it does look a lot like her! What a funny coincidence.

Finally, there's an area that looks like a forest area in the red circle, is that going to be a playable region in the future?
That's going to be Nameless Hill in a future version.

Also, is Rumia related to Daisanji?
No.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #248 on: March 30, 2015, 04:51:41 PM »
That's actually the clue to how to get through the Forest of Illusion without trial and error.
Spoiler:
(Spell Imanok backwards, and things will start to make sense.)
The clue to the Tower of Reflection password
Spoiler:
is in the last room of the Forest of Illusion.
I still couldn't figure it out the password please help me

« Reply #249 on: March 30, 2015, 07:20:40 PM »
This gives away the solutions to the Forest of Illusion and Tower of Reflection, do not read this post unless you want major spoilers.

Forest of Illusion:

Spoiler:
To get through the Forest of Illusion, go up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right and choose paths  B then A.

Tower of Reflection:

Spoiler:
The password for the Tower of Reflection is NARPAS SWORD0
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:22:40 PM by Shiina Tamai »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #250 on: March 30, 2015, 08:37:24 PM »
Spoiler:
The password for the Tower of Reflection is NARPAS SWORD0
Spoiler:
It will also accept NARPASSWORD and NARPAS SWORD.

« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2015, 05:09:42 PM »
Another update video. This has to be the best one yet!
Oh look, this link doesn't seem familiar at all! I mean, it's not like
Spoiler:
this link is used for pretty much every Rickroll on the Internet
!
Spoiler:
Seriously though, why does everyone use the same link?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2015, 04:42:22 AM »
Here's an actual progress video: :P

Testing a new boss that will be in the next version.

(I couldn't really think of any bosses for Bhava-agra that weren't named Tenshi or Iku
Spoiler:
(Who will be fought later on.)
, so I settled on this.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:46:21 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #254 on: April 05, 2015, 02:17:01 AM »
(I couldn't really think of any bosses for Bhava-agra that weren't named Tenshi or Iku
I couldn't do it either.

It's amazing how you create Bhava-Agra as the 3rd world when we know so little about it.

Do you need any oarfish enemies?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2015, 04:27:34 AM »
Do you need any oarfish enemies?

I wasn't really planning on adding oarfish enemies.
Spoiler:
But if you want to help, some overworld sprites for generic Celestials would be nice, because I'm currently using fairies as their placeholder sprites. (Some new battle sprites to go with the overworld sprites would also be nice, since the current sprites I'm using for them are just edits and palette swaps of Tenshi's Touhoumon sprite, ((spoiler warning) as shown by this hastily made image.)) which don't look that appealing to me.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:42:14 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2015, 12:24:40 AM »
Dang, editing sprite is hard.
Spoiler:
I tried to modify your generic celestial to differentiate her from Tenshi by giving her shorter hair, removing those rainbow thingy from her skirt-apron? and changing the color of the sword. I wanted to use Xemnas' blade color scheme but the sword would clash with her skirt. This was the result

Where did find Tenshi overworld sprite? I want to recolor it

Edit: sorry about that, I kinda forgot you cannot see imgur since you didn't have any problem with my previous image
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:11:14 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2015, 01:22:06 AM »
Dang, editing sprite is hard.
Spoiler:
I tried to modify your generic celestial to differentiate her from Tenshi by giving her shorter hair, removing those rainbow thingy from her skirt-apron? and changing the color of the sword. I wanted to use Xemnas' blade color scheme but the sword would clash with her skirt. This was the result

Where did find Tenshi overworld sprite? I want to recolor it
I'd like to kindly remind you to please use this image host or upload your images as attachments, otherwise I won't be able to see or use the images.

Spoiler:
All my non-placeholder overworld sprites can be found here: http://spritedatabase.net/game/2366&view=2

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2015, 10:10:36 AM »
Spoiler:
I ended up creating hatless Tenshi, do you think it is enough for the generic celestial overworld sprite?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2015, 01:32:26 PM »
Spoiler:
I ended up creating hatless Tenshi, do you think it is enough for the generic celestial overworld sprite?

Yeah, I think that's good enough for now, do you have the sprites for the other directions and walking animations?

Oh, and please use .png files for images, or make sure that you make the backgrounds of .jpg files transparent. Because .jpg files with background colors leave this nice little halo around them when I try to remove the background color that's a bit tedious to edit out. And .pngs tend to look nicer in my opinion.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »
Yeah, I think that's good enough for now, do you have the sprites for the other directions and walking animations?
Give me a few days for me to finish all the sprites
Oh, and please use .png files for images, or make sure that you make the backgrounds of .jpg files transparent. Because .jpg files with background colors leave this nice little halo around them when I try to remove the background color that's a bit tedious to edit out. And .pngs tend to look nicer in my opinion.
Nuts.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2015, 04:37:43 AM »
Here's all the overworld sprites for hatless Tenshi. I hope you accept it

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #262 on: April 08, 2015, 01:55:13 PM »
Here's all the overworld sprites for hatless Tenshi. I hope you accept it

These are nice!
Thank you, I'll put these in the game.

In other news, here's a WIP boss fight and cutscene

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #263 on: April 08, 2015, 05:57:43 PM »
Excuse me, I think I saw a misspelling.
After I gave Patchouli her book back it seems she says something like that:
"as well [...] as well"
Just a small typo. I played the latest version of the game.

About the game itself, it's very cool! I'm right after defeating Goliath Doll and I like it a lot. I'm doing surprisingly good in this game... I'm not the best in RPG's. Then again, this game does not seem to be too hard...
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2015, 09:04:39 PM »
Excuse me, I think I saw a misspelling.
After I gave Patchouli her book back it seems she says something like that:
"as well [...] as well"
Just a small typo. I played the latest version of the game.

About the game itself, it's very cool! I'm right after defeating Goliath Doll and I like it a lot. I'm doing surprisingly good in this game... I'm not the best in RPG's. Then again, this game does not seem to be too hard...

I found no spelling or grammar mistake there.
I'm also glad you like the game.  :)

In other news, I'm going to be adding in a section where you get a temporary party member to help for a boss fight. However, in order for this to happen, I need to temporarily kick a member of Team ⑨ off the party in order to make room for the new party member. I'm trying to figure out who I want it to be. Any suggestions? (It can't be Cirno.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:09:20 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #265 on: April 09, 2015, 12:48:59 AM »

In other news, I'm going to be adding in a section where you get a temporary party member to help for a boss fight. However, in order for this to happen, I need to temporarily kick a member of Team ⑨ off the party in order to make room for the new party member. I'm trying to figure out who I want it to be. Any suggestions? (It can't be Cirno.)

Let the player pick?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #266 on: April 09, 2015, 01:11:06 AM »
Let the player pick?

Because of how the pre-boss cutscene is set up, the party member that's being temporarily kicked off is supposed to be incapacitated when the boss first appears. So letting the player choose is already ruled out. And it also wouldn't work if I set up the cutscene differently, because there really isn't a valid in-game reason at that point for the party to have a member voluntarily not participate in the battle.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #267 on: April 09, 2015, 02:22:06 AM »
Because of how the pre-boss cutscene is set up, the party member that's being temporarily kicked off is supposed to be incapacitated when the boss first appears. So letting the player choose is already ruled out. And it also wouldn't work if I set up the cutscene differently, because there really isn't a valid in-game reason at that point for the party to have a member voluntarily not participate in the battle.

Then I'd choose Wriggle.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #268 on: April 09, 2015, 02:34:15 AM »
*Sigh* I wanted to pick Cirno because despite being the main character, she's the least useful party member in boss battle.
So I voted Wriggle.

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #269 on: April 09, 2015, 05:27:58 AM »

Then I was probably mistaken.

For team member, I vote for Wriggle too.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear