Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 179435 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.3 is out!
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2015, 05:57:38 AM »
So I decided to update Gensokyo's map:
[attach=1]
(The dark squares are events and enterable locations)

I'm also going to be adding in another early-game area in the next version: The Myoren Temple!
The Myoren Temple, in addition to having ready access to a save point and recovery spring, will have you be able to learn skills or spells from Byakuren if you visit it at certain points in the game. However, I don't know what kind of magic Byakuren should teach the player yet (Basic healing magic is already pretty much covered by Koakuma, and the next version will have an accessory that lets the wearer cast a better version of Revive), so I'll have to figure that out.
I'm also open to suggestions with regard to this.  ;)

« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2015, 06:47:58 AM »
So I decided to update Gensokyo's map: [img]
(The dark squares are events and enterable locations)
What's with that square in the middle of a forest? Does it manage something in the background?
What is that... thing east of the village and south of the Kourindou?
And what's the point of the cave(?) south-east of the Hakurei's Path?
The Myoren Temple, in addition to having ready access to a save point and recovery spring, will have you be able to learn skills or spells from Byakuren if you visit it at certain points in the game. However, I don't know what kind of magic Byakuren should teach the player yet (Basic healing magic is already pretty much covered by Koakuma, and the next version will have an accessory that lets the wearer cast a better version of Revive), so I'll have to figure that out.
I'd suggest status removal spells.
Where is the Myouren Temple even supposed to be?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2015, 07:13:13 AM »
What's with that square in the middle of a forest? Does it manage something in the background?
Yes.

What is that... thing east of the village and south of the Kourindou?
The Myoren Temple.

And what's the point of the cave(?) south-east of the Hakurei's Path?
That's eventually going to be the entrance to The Underground.

I'd suggest status removal spells.
I can see that working. I'll consider it.  :)

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2015, 10:46:01 AM »
Stronger healing magic?
Basic all-party healing magic?
More song from Kyouko?
Armor shop?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:34:51 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2015, 12:14:46 PM »
I'm also open to suggestions with regard to this.
attack/defens (or all kind of stat) increase magic?

« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »
How about having Byakuren teach them how to cast a spell to silence an enemy or as other suggest, healing all characters in the party or buffing them?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2015, 11:40:42 PM »
A new update on Byakuren:

So I figured out what to have Byakuren teach the party, influenced by some of your suggestions.
Byakuren will teach the party a total of four skills over the course of the next version, but each skill has prerequisites.
Spoiler:
The first skill Byakuren teaches is called "Meditate". The entire party learns this, so you don't have to choose which member of Team ⑨ learns it. Meditate allows the party members to convert their unused TP into HP and MP (Giving more use for TP for the party members not named Mystia.). The prerequisite for this is to simply have a full party, meaning it's available as soon as Mystia joins.

The next skill requires both "Meditate" to be learned, and that the party has witnessed the cutscene at the end of the Human Village. The next skill is called "Tranquility" and it allows the user, at the cost of 25 TP to purge themselves of the effects of Poison, Silence, and Slow. The entire party learns this one as well.

The last two skills require Chapter 2 to be completed and that "Tranquility" has been learned. The first skill of these two is called "Purge," (I couldn't think of a better name.) which is an upgraded, slightly more expensive form of "Tranquility" that can be used on allies, and unlike "Tranquility" it can cure status effects that prevent the party members from voluntarily moving. Like Paralysis, Stop, and Confusion. Again, the entire party learns this.

Immediately after "Purge" is learned, Byakuren will be able teach one of the party members a spell called "Group Heal," which is Exactly What it Says on The Tin.
There is also another feature in the Myoren Temple. After
Spoiler:
"Purge"
is learned, Nazrin will become available for service. Nazrin will tell the player where powerful, optional weapons and armor in Gensokyo (like
Spoiler:
Laevateinn, Aegis, Reaver, etc.
) are generally located if the player hasn't found them already.

Thoughts?

Also, progress is coming along nicely. The next version should be released sometime this week. (As soon as I'm finished getting most of the bugs out of
Spoiler:
"Meditate"
and playtesting the 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours worth of game...)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:54:12 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
« Reply #217 on: February 18, 2015, 03:12:40 PM »
Um, i'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I try to extract the game into my folder, it crashes about 10 seconds through. I've been trying for ages, and this keeps happening.
Could you fix it? I'm using the newest version (The exe says 9QuestAlpha3, so I guess version 3?) Could you help?
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2015, 10:31:57 PM »
Um, i'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I try to extract the game into my folder, it crashes about 10 seconds through. I've been trying for ages, and this keeps happening.
Could you fix it? I'm using the newest version (The exe says 9QuestAlpha3, so I guess version 3?) Could you help?
The problem is likely something to do with your computer, since I never had that happen on my own computer. If that's the case I can't really help you much. Sorry. :(

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2015, 01:04:45 PM »
The problem is likely something to do with your computer, since I never had that happen on my own computer. If that's the case I can't really help you much. Sorry. :(

Aww. I wanted to play this, too.   :(

Looks like I don't need a signature either...

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2015, 04:50:28 AM »
Sorry for bumping this thread.

I just want to ask one question. When is the next version going to come out?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2015, 05:30:54 AM »
Sorry for bumping this thread.

I just want to ask one question. When is the next version going to come out?
As soon as I finish playtesting (So sometime within the next three days or so.  ;))

EDIT:
I was a bit bored, so here's a video showing off the new world map (which I've tweaked since the last image I posted.) plus two completely new areas that currently have no use.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:07:31 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.4 has arrived!
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2015, 05:10:27 AM »
I might as well not keep you all waiting any longer.  ;)

Alpha v.4.0 - Chapter 2.5 (Using a different file hosting site since my dropbox is full.)

Changes: (Oh boy, and there are a lot!)
-Chapter 2 is complete.
-the first half of Chapter 3 is playable
-Star Sapphire bug fixed.
-Miasma Field, Ruins of Vina, and Bypass Cavern's encounter rates were all lowered.
-All early game (Pre-level 10 characters.) spells had their base power increased.
-Miasma effect revive bug fixed
-Crystal Shield's effects changed.
-"Save" has been removed from the game menu.
-A new treasure chest is added at the end of Bypass Cavern. (Empowered Sunny Milk must be beaten before you can access it, however.)
-Sakuya now drops the
Spoiler:
Paradox Knife
in addition to the Pocketwatch.
-5 Summons
Spoiler:
(Rafflesia, Flandre, Angelic Mirror, Chen, and Giant Frog)
are added. These are 100% optional spells that you can only get by completing certain tasks or defeating Lunatic Bosses.
-When under the effects of Miasma, the experience point rate is greatly reduced to prevent easy level grinding in the Miasma Field.
-Skills and Spells with both MP and TP costs now display both costs. (For instance, Insect lullaby now shows that it requires 30 MP and 30 TP.)
-Defeating
Spoiler:
Lunatic Flandre
nets you the
Spoiler:
Wing Crystal
along with
Spoiler:
Laevateinn.
-Point items introduced. You'll start seeing them drop from enemies around the time you recruit Mystia. They are a very uncommon drop and serve to boost TP in battle.
-YuugenMagan's sprites are updated, and Mai now has a proper overworld sprite thanks to Searinox119.
-Moonlit Ray's behavior is now changed, the HP it saps is now roughly equal to 30% of Rumia's maximum hp.
-3 new superbosses have been added:
Spoiler:
Angelic Mirror EX, Zuh, and Suwako EX
-Some of the new spells should be added to characters over level 10 but less than level 16 if you import a save file, just don't import characters level 17 or over for now.
-A sequence break was added, allowing you to access
Spoiler:
Lower Youkai Mountain
early, but this is not recommended to attempt early-on considering everything in that area will massacre low level characters.
-The outside of the Hakurei Shrine was given a slight redesign.
-DONATION BOXES!
-Gensokyo map updated.
-Myoren Temple added. Talk to Byakuren after recruiting Mystia to learn some skills.
-Blurred Boundary and Sanzu River added. They have no use at the moment. ;)

Known Bugs:
-Using Enshroud on anyone who isn't named Rumia will cause a message saying "<Party Member> took no damage!" before applying the Enshroud effect. The same applies to using Ice Armor on anyone who isn't named Cirno.
-If you import a save file, be sure to import one from BEFORE you defeated Elis and left the Ruins of Vina. Otherwise you will have some serious cutscene bugs if you try to return to Gensokyo/re-enter Makai from Gensokyo.
-There may be a tiling error here or there on the larger maps, please report any obvious ones.
-Minor graphical glitches occur with K.O'ed party members. They do not affect gameplay and will be worked out in a later version.
-
Spoiler:
Goliath Doll 2.0
's Bestiary entry states that you killed 0. (According to the game, this is technically true, since
Spoiler:
Raging Goliath
is a separate entity.)
-When fighting YuugenMagan, if you defeat one of the eyes before every party member has taken their turn, and you have more than one party member targeting the eye, then the rest of the party members will attack the dead eye and do no damage. 
-If you imported a save file from Alpha 3 from after you defeat Elis, certain cutscenes will NOT work.
-If you imported an old save file, then certain monsters will show up in the bestiary which aren't supposed to be in there. (For example, YuugenMagan's eyes.)
-In the Miasma Field, it displays the EXP you would have received instead of the actual modified amount for that area.

Thanks to Searinox119 for Mai's overworld sprites and YuugenMagan's new eye sprites and Colticide for the new title logo and window skin.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:30:32 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2015, 02:54:08 PM »
So I was playing with the new version until this happen.

I thought Border of Life and Death were supposed to reduce your HP to one.
Is this a game breaking glitch I wonder?

« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2015, 05:30:58 PM »

Oh, I recognize this one.
tldr: Yes, this is a glitch.

It happens because of a bad damage formula, 'damage is "enemy HP equals X"'. The result is: game ends up setting enemy's HP to zero and then dealing X damage unless the enemy guards. If the enemy guards, it sets HP to X and deals X/2 damage(rounded down). My guess is that Nazgul wanted to fix the "HP to X" attacks being guardable but didn't test the result unguarded.

I'd personally recommend making all HP to X attacks the same element and set up a 200% element rate for that element in the Guard state.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:05:56 PM by Searinox119 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »
So I was playing with the new version until this happen.

Oh, I recognize this one.
tldr: Yes, this is a glitch.

It happens because of a bad damage formula, 'damage is "enemy HP equals X"'. The result is: game ends up setting enemy's HP to zero and then dealing X damage unless the enemy guards. If the enemy guards, it sets HP to X and deals X/2 damage(rounded down). My guess is that Nazgul wanted to fix the "HP to X" attacks being guardable but didn't test the result unguarded.

I'd personally recommend making all HP to X attacks the same element and set up a 200% element rate for that element in the Guard state.

Thanks for finding this bug, I will upload a bugfix soon.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2015, 09:29:14 PM »
Here:

Alpha v.4.1 - Chapter 2.5

Changes:
-Fixed a game breaking bug.

Just import whatever save file you used for Alpha v.4 and you should be fine.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2015, 02:35:54 AM »
Misadventure of Team 9.

So I accidentally went to Garden of the Sun  again until this happen.

Oh yeah, I always wanted to fight Yuuka.

Wait, what?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:42:07 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2015, 02:41:03 AM »
Tell me something Naz, do you think a Lv 12 party could defeat Momiji early?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:27:52 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2015, 01:20:47 PM »
Possibly, but it also depends on how much healing items you have and how much the Random Number God hates you.

« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2015, 04:50:39 PM »

A level 8 party can beat Momiji. It took 6 Extends (curse Gigaslash spam) and 7 Hi-Potions, but still.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »
A level 8 party can beat Momiji. It took 6 Extends (curse Gigaslash spam) and 7 Hi-Potions, but still.

So how did you like accessing part of Youkai Mountain early?

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #232 on: March 11, 2015, 11:01:05 PM »
I'm more comfortable beating Momiji after I got Apparition Stalk the night.

You think Gigaslash is bad? Try dealing with Momiji's Critical Hit followed by Tengu Multislash.

Nonnie Grey

• Contradictory Statement
  • The Anonymity formerly known as Kayorei
« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2015, 02:00:12 AM »
Dropping Lurk Mode to say... I like what I'm seeing so far. T9MQ has eaten quite a bit of time I should have been using for other things. ^_^* Felt the need to do a little proofreading, though. Red is omissions, bold is additions. I also caught a bug of sorts in Pand?monium involving the movement of one of the Koakumas. Picture is attached.

((Bestiary))
  • Corpseweed - "A plant nourished on the corpses of tresspassers."
  • Yuki and Mai - There's an inconsistency between the entries. Mai's has her element of choice ("Ice") capitalized, Yuki's ("fire") does not.

((Myouren Temple))
  • Byakuren - Every instance of the word "ailments" when learning Tranquility and Purge has been misspelled "aliments".
  • Murasa (After beating Marisa in Chapter 1) - "Ha ha! No. The ship has been long decommissioned,  and we have no intention of making it fly again at the moment." One too many spaces after that comma. Also, you still get the "Can you get to Makai?" conversation even after clearing Chapter 2.
  • Cirno (While learning Purge) - "It has. Is there anything new you can teach us.?"

((Edge of Makai))
  • Luna Child (After beating Luna Child and Star Sapphire) - "Come on, Star! Let's get out of here!"
  • Wriggle (After beating Luna Child and Star Sapphire) - "Is anyone else getting d?j? vu...?" Consistency. There are other ellipses followed by question marks.
  • Luna Child (Before YuugenMagan) - "*huff* *huff* ...dDo you think we lost them?" Not 100% sure about this one.

((Hellmoon Chamber))
  • Cirno (After beating Kikuri) - "Alright, seriously, what WAS that thing?!"Consistency. There are numerous instances of question and exclamation marks being used for the same sentence. There are quite a few of these "corrections" to be made for Cirno's Chapter 2 dialogue.

((Miasma Field))
  • Yuki (Before Yuki and Mai) - "Come on, Mai! It's time for target practice!"
  • Yuki (Before Yuki and Mai) - "Oh, Yyou're SO going to pay for saying that!"
  • Cirno (Talk to Yuki) - "Thank's for the heads up."
  • Cirno (Before Empowered Sunny Milk) - "You want to fight... Hhere...?" or "You want to fight...? Here...?"
  • Sunny Milk (Before Empowered Sunny Milk) - "Yes, the Miasma is affecting me just as much as it's affecting you. Which also means that my magic is also stronger than normal here!" All those "also"s sound awkward. Try "Which also means that my magic is stronger than normal here, too!"
  • Sunny Milk (Before Empowered Sunny Milk) - "Therefore, I could easily beat the four of you single-handedly!"
  • Cirno (After beating Empowered Sunny Milk) - "It's over! Now what is your master planning?! Why does it involve Daiyousei?!"

((Ruins of Vina))
  • Mystia (Before Elis) - "Okay, who didn't see that coming...?"

((Pand?moneum))
  • Yumeko (Before Yumeko) - "Well then. Let's cut right to the chase?. Shall we?"
  • Mystia (After beating Yumeko) - "Well, look on the bright side: Nno more interruptions now!"
  • Shinki (Before Shinki) - "On one condition:..." If Cirno didn't interject, the colon would have been appropriate. Also, I went by that bit too fast, so I only remember the last part of that text box.
  • Shinki (Before Shinki) - "They were among of the few people who managed to best me in combat. I wonder, would you be able to do the same?"
  • Shinki (After beating Shinki) - "I need to check on something. I'll leave the path open for you. If my hunch is, dare I say, correct., Yyou'll find who you're looking for at the end of it."

((Makai Nucleus))
  • Cirno (Before 3 Fairies) - "Why am Eye not surprised to see you three...? Where is your master?!"
  • Daisanji (After losing to Daisanji) - "Well, if there will be no more interruptions., I will take what I came here for!"

((Fallen Shrine))
  • Sariel (Before Sariel) - "Very well. Seeing that you aren't going to stop this foolishness, I guess I have no choice but to grant your death wish!."

I would have looked through Chapter 1, but I was already at the start of Chapter 2 when I decided to start proofreading and didn't want to go through it a third time in as many days.

Also... Isn't it a bit weird for Mystia to be able to sing while silenced?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:02:57 AM by Nonnie Grey »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2015, 03:18:50 AM »
Dropping Lurk Mode to say... I like what I'm seeing so far. T9MQ has eaten quite a bit of time I should have been using for other things. ^_^* Felt the need to do a little proofreading, though. Red is omissions, bold is additions. I also caught a bug of sorts in Pand?monium involving the movement of one of the Koakumas. Picture is attached.

((Bestiary))
  • Corpseweed - "A plant nourished on the corpses of tresspassers."
  • Yuki and Mai - There's an inconsistency between the entries. Mai's has her element of choice ("Ice") capitalized, Yuki's ("fire") does not.

((Myouren Temple))
  • Byakuren - Every instance of the word "ailments" when learning Tranquility and Purge has been misspelled "aliments".
  • Murasa (After beating Marisa in Chapter 1) - "Ha ha! No. The ship has been long decommissioned,  and we have no intention of making it fly again at the moment." One too many spaces after that comma. Also, you still get the "Can you get to Makai?" conversation even after clearing Chapter 2.
  • Cirno (While learning Purge) - "It has. Is there anything new you can teach us.?"

((Edge of Makai))
  • Luna Child (After beating Luna Child and Star Sapphire) - "Come on, Star! Let's get out of here!"
  • Wriggle (After beating Luna Child and Star Sapphire) - "Is anyone else getting d?j? vu...?" Consistency. There are other ellipses followed by question marks.
  • Luna Child (Before YuugenMagan) - "*huff* *huff* ...dDo you think we lost them?" Not 100% sure about this one.

((Hellmoon Chamber))
  • Cirno (After beating Kikuri) - "Alright, seriously, what WAS that thing?!"Consistency. There are numerous instances of question and exclamation marks being used for the same sentence. There are quite a few of these "corrections" to be made for Cirno's Chapter 2 dialogue.

((Miasma Field))
  • Yuki (Before Yuki and Mai) - "Come on, Mai! It's time for target practice!"
  • Yuki (Before Yuki and Mai) - "Oh, Yyou're SO going to pay for saying that!"
  • Cirno (Talk to Yuki) - "Thank's for the heads up."
  • Cirno (Before Empowered Sunny Milk) - "You want to fight... Hhere...?" or "You want to fight...? Here...?"
  • Sunny Milk (Before Empowered Sunny Milk) - "Yes, the Miasma is affecting me just as much as it's affecting you. Which also means that my magic is also stronger than normal here!" All those "also"s sound awkward. Try "Which also means that my magic is stronger than normal here, too!"
  • Sunny Milk (Before Empowered Sunny Milk) - "Therefore, I could easily beat the four of you single-handedly!"
  • Cirno (After beating Empowered Sunny Milk) - "It's over! Now what is your master planning?! Why does it involve Daiyousei?!"

((Ruins of Vina))
  • Mystia (Before Elis) - "Okay, who didn't see that coming...?"

((Pand?moneum))
  • Yumeko (Before Yumeko) - "Well then. Let's cut right to the chase?. Shall we?"
  • Mystia (After beating Yumeko) - "Well, look on the bright side: Nno more interruptions now!"
  • Shinki (Before Shinki) - "On one condition:..." If Cirno didn't interject, the colon would have been appropriate. Also, I went by that bit too fast, so I only remember the last part of that text box.
  • Shinki (Before Shinki) - "They were among of the few people who managed to best me in combat. I wonder, would you be able to do the same?"
  • Shinki (After beating Shinki) - "I need to check on something. I'll leave the path open for you. If my hunch is, dare I say, correct., Yyou'll find who you're looking for at the end of it."

((Makai Nucleus))
  • Cirno (Before 3 Fairies) - "Why am Eye not surprised to see you three...? Where is your master?!"
  • Daisanji (After losing to Daisanji) - "Well, if there will be no more interruptions., I will take what I came here for!"

((Fallen Shrine))
  • Sariel (Before Sariel) - "Very well. Seeing that you aren't going to stop this foolishness, I guess I have no choice but to grant your death wish!."

I would have looked through Chapter 1, but I was already at the start of Chapter 2 when I decided to start proofreading and didn't want to go through it a third time in as many days.

Also... Isn't it a bit weird for Mystia to be able to sing while silenced?
All these spelling/grammar/punctuation errors, as well as the wall-bonking "Koakuma" and Murasa's dialogue, will be corrected in the next version (or bugfix, whichever one comes first.). Thanks for pointing these out.

As for silence, I always remember silence as a spell that prevents the use of magic. I personally do not consider Mystia's songs magic.
However, there are two currently unused status ailments that are able to lock you out of Mystia's spells. So you might possibly start having enemies in inflicting them once the next version comes out.

I'm also glad you enjoy the game!  :)

In other news:
I've started work on the
Spoiler:
Bhava-agra
map. Any opinions about its current layout?[/url]

Also, does anyone else find that one gigantic cloud in the southern half of the map rather empty? I currently have no idea of what to stick on there, since every story-important location or dungeon in
Spoiler:
Bhava-agra
has been placed on the map already, and I'm debating on whether or not to just leave it empty or not...

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:20:38 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »
Typo?

Yay, I got a Full Potion. I bet it's going to restore all my HP.

Wait, where's my Full Potion?

Also, I managed to beat Daisanji. This caused the game to repeat the event between Shinki and Daisanji, and the game freeze after that.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:46:07 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

« Reply #236 on: March 12, 2015, 05:13:06 PM »
I'm more comfortable beating Momiji after I got Apparition Stalk the night.

You think Gigaslash is bad? Try dealing with Momiji's Critical Hit followed by Tengu Multislash.
Dealt with it. One of the few instances where Flash is actually useful.

Anyway, I compiled a list of comments and bugs. Here:

The "immune to all magic" Angelic Mirror is vulnerable to Moonlit Ray. Nice. At this point I don't even count it as a bug.
"Justin Bailey"? What's with all those Metroid references?
Clones are boring. They are far too weak to pose any real threat.
Ice Sword pierces through the Guard-Up.
FriendlyMemorableLove's bestiary and real weaknesses and immunities are drastically different.
Nazrin's roulette doesn't work for some reason - it stops at "Sure thing! Let's see here..."
Nitori doesn't give you the Optical Camo. She doesn't take the Illusory Glass, either.
Donating 100 yen to Reimu's shrine takes only 20 yen from you and prints "You have a 'stange' feeling...".
You need to have Reimu's "donation" to get Moriya Shrine blessing.
..."Excalipoor"? Yeah, that's some reward... Though, to be fair, Zuh isn't hard, if beating him with level 14-15 team without Megalixirs and stuff is any indication.
Oh, and guess what? The game does not actually give you Excalipoor! Yeah, that's real nice...
Oh, and it's not the last kick in the balls. The last one is Suwako EX not giving you anything.

And that's it for now.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2015, 10:23:33 PM »
Typo?

Yay, I got a Full Potion. I bet it's going to restore all my HP.

Wait, where's my Full Potion?
I must have missed that chest when I was updating all chests that originally contained Full Potions. It should say "Ultra Potion". Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I managed to beat Daisanji. This caused the game to repeat the event between Shinki and Daisanji, and the game freeze after that.
I honestly have no idea what caused that to happen, since no part of the cutscene event triggers an accidental loop. If this bug can be replicated, then I'll do a deeper investigation to find the source of the problem, but until then I'm considering this a one-time occurrence.

My comments are in red:
The "immune to all magic" Angelic Mirror is vulnerable to Moonlit Ray. Nice. At this point I don't even count it as a bug.
"Justin Bailey"? What's with all those Metroid references? -Because why not?
Clones are boring. They are far too weak to pose any real threat.
Ice Sword pierces through the Guard-Up. -Likely an unfortunate side effect of its Ice/Physical duality. Not much I can do there.
FriendlyMemorableLove's bestiary and real weaknesses and immunities are drastically different. -Whoops.
Nazrin's roulette doesn't work for some reason - it stops at "Sure thing! Let's see here..." -I found the source of the problem, it only occurs if you have the Paradox Knife in your inventory.
Nitori doesn't give you the Optical Camo. She doesn't take the Illusory Glass, either. -My bad. I forgot to add that part to the event.
Donating 100 yen to Reimu's shrine takes only 20 yen from you and prints "You have a 'stange' feeling...". -The 20 yen is indeed a bug, but the strange feeling isn't. Keep donating! ;)
You need to have Reimu's "donation" to get Moriya Shrine blessing. -Once again, my bad.
..."Excalipoor"? Yeah, that's some reward... Though, to be fair, Zuh isn't hard, if beating him with level 14-15 team without Megalixirs and stuff is any indication.
Oh, and guess what? The game does not actually give you Excalipoor! Yeah, that's real nice... -See my response to the Optical Camo bug above.
Oh, and it's not the last kick in the balls. The last one is Suwako EX not giving you anything. -Ditto.

Anyway, my ultimate response to these issues:

Alpha v.4.2 - Chapter 2.5
Changes:
-Corrected several spelling/grammar/punctuation errors and typos.
-Fixed bugs involving certain items not being obtainable.
-Fixed Nazrin.
-Fixed the legendary wall-bonking Koakuma in Pand?moneum.

This should fix 90% of the things you pointed out, Searinox.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:28:10 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #238 on: March 13, 2015, 02:18:01 AM »
I honestly have no idea what caused that to happen, since no part of the cutscene event triggers an accidental loop. If this bug can be replicated, then I'll do a deeper investigation to find the source of the problem, but until then I'm considering this a one-time occurrence.
I think I know what causes this. If you do manage to beat Daisanji, the game will skip the event where he took the crystal. Hence the repeating event.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #239 on: March 13, 2015, 02:42:39 AM »
I think I know what causes this. If you do manage to beat Daisanji, the game will skip the event where he took the crystal. Hence the repeating event.
But that shouldn't be happening, as there are clearly defined conditions for winning the battle as well as for losing it. The cutscene should have proceeded as normal with the difference of one bit of dialogue.
I even checked the event. There is nothing that causes the event to end prematurely and repeat in the "win" condition. And there's nothing that accidentally changes a variable or switch in that condition either.

In that regard, I still suspect that this was only a one-time fluke. If it does happen again, or someone else comes across the same bug, let me know and I'll look into this a bit further.