Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 179434 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.3 is out!
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2014, 06:14:25 PM »
That Three Fairies battle made me cry... with bloody tears... Why are they (both fairies and Team 9) beginning-of-Makai level? And why haven't you even healed after it!?
Reason the party is a low level: My playthrough style.
Reason the fairies are a low level: They are more meant to be a miniboss during this encounter.
Reason I didn't heal: No point. There was a Hopeless Boss Fight immediately after.

That cutscene is so illogical, too. Quick question: You're the mighty creator of the realm, capable of doing ridiculous things. Somebody is trying to take something important from your realm, something you can just create again but don't want to give it to anybody. What are you going to do?
A) Blast this someone to pieces. If that something is destroyed... a pity, but you can create a new one.
B) Attempt to cut off that something from someone with barriers or something similar. As an option, revert to plan A afterwards.
C) Ask one of your quickest demons/create an invisible quick demon so it would swoop in and take that something. As an option, revert to plan A afterwards.
D) Just talk.
If Shinki blew the villain to pieces, we wouldn't have a plot now, would we?
Because of how the cutscene was set up, I was kinda forced to slip an Idiot Ball on her and invoke this trope to further the plot. (There really was no other option.)

:D Hopeless Boss Fight, then? Let me guess, even if we were to subject him to total annihilation within 5 or so turns, the scene will not change?
If someone were to level grind to the point where he's beatable, when he runs out of HP he says a "Don't think you've won" speech, and the resulting cutscene after the fight (Not shown in the video.) will be slightly different.

« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2014, 07:49:51 PM »
Reason I didn't heal: No point. There was a Hopeless Boss Fight immediately after.
That's not really a reason. If anything, you could've shown us more of the "hopeless" boss fight than just "2 attacks that aren't really much stronger than the ones from previous bosses".
If Shinki blew the villain to pieces, we wouldn't have a plot now, would we?
Heh, and I think it would be a nice parody of typical RPG's plots. But to each their own, I guess.
Because of how the cutscene was set up, I was kinda forced to slip an Idiot Ball on her and invoke this trope to further the plot. (There really was no other option.)
Other than not setting up the cutscene that way? Yes, it's your game, you can have whatever plot you want and I respect your choice, but from my perspective the "make Shinki do idiotic things just to set up a Hopeless Boss Fight where the boss isn't even that strong" is kinda stupid...
If someone were to level grind to the point where he's beatable, when he runs out of HP he says a "Don't think you've won" speech, and the resulting cutscene after the fight (Not shown in the video.) will be slightly different.
What kind of "slightly different"? Like "Pitiful. Well, I'll take my leave" and "Better than I thought, but still pitiful. Well, I'll take my leave"? Or more different?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2014, 08:42:15 PM »
What kind of "slightly different"? Like "Pitiful. Well, I'll take my leave" and "Better than I thought, but still pitiful. Well, I'll take my leave"? Or more different?

It's more like "Pitiful. Well, I'll take my leave" *steals the
Spoiler:
Heart of Makai
and leaves while party is incapacitated* if you lose, and "Next time you won't be so lucky" *steals the
Spoiler:
Heart of Makai
and leaves before party can react* should you win.

Other than not setting up the cutscene that way? Yes, it's your game, you can have whatever plot you want and I respect your choice, but from my perspective the "make Shinki do idiotic things just to set up a Hopeless Boss Fight where the boss isn't even that strong" is kinda stupid...
The only other way I could have set it up differently would be to have the party show up before Shinki, which wouldn't work because Shinki is supposed to reach the Nucleus before the party and leave the way open for them.

EDIT: Another new test video (I've been making a lot of these lately.), showing the last dungeon of Chapter 2. (Not counting the optional dungeons.)
I have yet to clutter it with treasure chests, and I disabled enemy encounters for the purpose of showing off the dungeon uninterrupted in the video.
This is the largest dungeon I've made so far, I was going for something labyrinthine this time. I also took a screenshot of the map. The screenshot is in 1/8 scale.
Also, in your opinion, do you guys think that the "riddle" for unlocking the exit/the foreshadowing about that happens when you do shown in the engraving (Around 1:14 in the video.) is good enough? Does it seem too vague/cryptic or not vague/cryptic enough?

Coincidentally, I somehow placed the tablet activators in an equilateral triangle pattern that almost perfectly corresponded with the orientations of the tablets by the door. I discovered this right after recording the video, sice the discovery I switched the positions of the blue and yellow tablets near the exit, to actually reflect the actual locations of their activators.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:40:36 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2015, 07:11:46 AM »
That's not really a reason. If anything, you could've shown us more of the "hopeless" boss fight than just "2 attacks that aren't really much stronger than the ones from previous bosses".
Agreeing with this, but it's not a major deal. At least it gives some mystery to how hard the fight really is, although I'm hoping he has some high damaging moves other than Gigavolt and Gigadrain (which deal a little less than a non-guarded Destruction Rain and there's only one of him). Well, my opinion is coming from a party in the 20s (before grinding for Lunatic Flan), so I guess an average-leveled party without bomb spam may find him difficult.

EDIT: Another new test video (I've been making a lot of these lately.), showing the last dungeon of Chapter 2. (Not counting the optional dungeons.)
I have yet to clutter it with treasure chests, and I disabled enemy encounters for the purpose of showing off the dungeon uninterrupted in the video.
This is the largest dungeon I've made so far, I was going for something labyrinthine this time. I also took a screenshot of the map. The screenshot is in 1/8 scale.

The dungeon is pretty massive and seems like it'd be hard to navigate without a map, but it's fine since this is the last dungeon of chapter two anyway. I'm guessing that the next few bosses are going to be higher-leveled, as players would get a lot of items and levels just by navigating around here without trying.

Also, in your opinion, do you guys think that the "riddle" for unlocking the exit/the foreshadowing about that happens when you do shown in the engraving (Around 1:14 in the video.) is good enough? Does it seem too vague/cryptic or not vague/cryptic enough?

I think the riddle is fine as it is - not overly vague and abstract while still giving the player an idea of where to go. Since the rest of the inscription is too faded to read, do you plan on somehow linking this to Hokkai? Maybe after clearing the final boss of Makai, the rest of the inscription is restored, telling the player about a secret method to enter Hokkai and break Hijiri's seal? Unless the events in the game are taking place after UFO, then I'll feel stupid. It's not a necessary thing, but just an idea for a sidequest I guess.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #154 on: January 01, 2015, 07:39:35 AM »
Unless the events in the game are taking place after UFO, then I'll feel stupid.
Have fun feeling stupid!  :P
The events of the game take place after TD. The NPC outside of Hokkai's entrance states that part of Hokkai was unsealed (Refering to Hijiri's seal). Also during one of the encounters with Marisa in the current demo she references the Palanquin Ship/Myoren Temple.

Hokkai is going to be visited in a sidequest that will be in a far future version.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #155 on: January 01, 2015, 08:57:44 AM »
Very sorry it's taken me so long to get this back to you but I ended up with PC issues and has to redownload the game again and came upon this issue.

I was gonna take a screen shot of the title so I can compare it to the one I made. For some reason it's missing and before hand I'd have errors trying to extract it from the installer.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2015, 01:18:51 PM »
The events of the game take place after TD. The NPC outside of Hokkai's entrance states that part of Hokkai was unsealed (Refering to Hijiri's seal).
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up - never really thought about when the events took place.
Also during one of the encounters with Marisa in the current demo she references the Palanquin Ship/Myoren Temple.
I can't believe I missed this line - I literally have a screenshot of Marisa talking about the Palanquin Ship and its inability to fly because of a typo that I caught. I feel like an idiot right now.
Hokkai is going to be visited in a sidequest that will be in a far future version.
Glad to know that Hokkai makes an appearance in this game. I'm looking forward to the plot for this sidequest, as most of the Touhou RPGs I've played so far only put Hokkai in because you need to break Hijiri's seal and don't put much depth into it. But then again I haven't played every single Touhou fangame out there.
Have fun feeling stupid!  :P
EYE AM NOT AN IDIOT!
Very sorry it's taken me so long to get this back to you but I ended up with PC issues and has to redownload the game again and came upon this issue.

I was gonna take a screen shot of the title so I can compare it to the one I made. For some reason it's missing and before hand I'd have errors trying to extract it from the installer.
If the only issue is that you are missing a file, then I can upload mine for you.
There's no attach option available, probably because I haven't had enough posts or I'm just blind so I'll put it on mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/243sj5x70c2a4rq/Plain.png

« Reply #157 on: January 01, 2015, 01:30:43 PM »
The only other way I could have set it up differently would be to have the party show up before Shinki, which wouldn't work because Shinki is supposed to reach the Nucleus before the party and leave the way open for them.
Well, there also was the option of not having the Hopeless Boss Fight and making all the stealing go completely off-screen. It's not like the fight contributes anything to the plot. Everything plot-relevant can be learned once Team 9 comes to the place where theft happened.
Well, that's going to be a pain... Please don't go overboard with the encounter rate.
It's good enough, yes. As for the "too vague/cryptic", well, for an experienced JRPG player it's almost crystal clear - find three switches or whatever, flip them, go to the entrance of the next area, fight a boss (let me guess,
Spoiler:
Sariel
?), go further.

By the way, I just found out a very interesting thing/bug. Apparently, player's party has one single spell that is not elemental. It's Blind.
You probably already guessed what I tried to do with Blind after that discovery. If not:

Bugs... Bugs everywhere...

What a finale... Bravo... But hey, more EXP and cash than usual! 
New Year - new opportunities to learn how to defeat enemies in the most ridiculous ways and get rewarded for it!

The battle took me around 45 minutes, so no video :(
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:44:51 PM by Searinox119 »

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #158 on: January 01, 2015, 01:50:14 PM »
One is near
One is far
One is obtained through trial
What the heck does that mean?

Oh! I get it
Spoiler:
it's exactly what it's say on the tin.
Silly me.
Still, I don't really like teleporter puzzle though. I thought it was trial by combat.
The dungeon is pretty massive and seems like it'd be hard to navigate without a map, but it's fine since this is the last dungeon of chapter two anyway. I'm guessing that the next few bosses are going to be higher-leveled, as players would get a lot of items and levels just by navigating around here without trying.
I do certainly hope so. Last time I played, I rarely ran away from fight and I found myself overleveled and very rich.

There are 2 things I afraid of this dungeon though.
1. Getting lost
2. Fighting random encounter every time I take a wrong way.
 You should do something about the random encounter though since it was ridiculously high.
Glad to know that Hokkai makes an appearance in this game. I'm looking forward to the plot for this sidequest, as most of the Touhou RPGs I've played so far only put Hokkai in because you need to break Hijiri's seal and don't put much depth into it. But then again I haven't played every single Touhou fangame out there.
I once played a Touhou RPG that has a good sidequest about Hokkai that it almost made me cry. I certainly do looking forward seeing this game version of Hokkai.

Let me guess, blinding cold also pierce Yuugen Maagan?
Bug?: you can still your attack when you equip Third Eye

Happy New Year everyone

« Reply #159 on: January 01, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »
Still, I don't really like teleporter puzzle though. I thought it was trial by combat.I do certainly hope so. Last time I played, I rarely ran away from fight and I found myself overleveled and very rich.
It's not even a puzzle, to be honest. From the looks of it, any time you miss, you just get teleported to a platform with a teleporter that leads back to the segment where you've chosen a wrong teleporter.
1. Getting lost
Well, judging by how the map looks, it wouldn't be that easy to get lost. As for the random encounters... yeah, I am sorta afraid of it too.
Let me guess, blinding cold also pierce Yuugen Maagan?
Nope, Blinding Cold is ice-elemented.
Bug?: you can still your attack when you equip Third Eye
"I accidentally my comment! Is it dangerous?"  You'd probably want to insert a verb... y'know, just to actually make sense...
Happy New Year everyone
Happy New Year!

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2015, 02:44:21 PM »
Nope, Blinding Cold is ice-elemented."I accidentally my comment! Is it dangerous?"  You'd probably want to insert a verb... y'know, just to actually make sense...Happy New Year!
Oh? How abou Shadow Flash then?

Sorry about that, I forgot to write 'miss'
Bug?: you can still miss your attack when you equip Third Eye.

« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2015, 03:03:46 PM »
Oh? How abou Shadow Flash then?
No. Shadow Flash is dark. Frozen Wind is ice, Thundersnow is thunder (I think), Insect Lullaby is insect, Dark Bolt is dark.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2015, 05:23:23 PM »
By the way, I just found out a very interesting thing/bug. Apparently, player's party has one single spell that is not elemental. It's Blind.
You probably already guessed what I tried to do with Blind after that discovery. If not:

New Year - new opportunities to learn how to defeat enemies in the most ridiculous ways and get rewarded for it!

What exactly is going on here? Normally you take out the eyes then part 2 of the battle shows up with, was it two eyes remaining? Is YuugenMagan dying in that fight because of Blind? It's not suppose to die at all right?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2015, 06:10:34 PM »

This is hilarious! Thank you for finding this bug. This is going to be an easy fix.

« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2015, 07:19:48 PM »
What exactly is going on here? Normally you take out the eyes then part 2 of the battle shows up with, was it two eyes remaining? Is YuugenMagan dying in that fight because of Blind? It's not suppose to die at all right?
Okay, I'm not the creator of the game and so most of the info I write here may be absolutely incorrect. But I'll try to explain what's going on here.
Blind is, as I said, a non-elemental magic spell. Damage it deals is just a bit bigger than a quarter of your MAT.
YuugenMagan has immunities to physical attacks and every last element, including even healing. But since Blind is non-elemental spell, it actually can damage her.
Now as for how I think the battle works: (WARNING! Under the following spoilers are enormous amounts of potentially incorrect information!!!)
Spoiler:
1) YuugenMagan with 5 Eyes spawn. All of them start out immortal.
Spoiler:
2) Upon reaching 0 HP Eye removes a fifth of boss's maxHP from it and changes into a non-targetable enemy that looks like a disabled Eye. Immortality and HP transfer.
Spoiler:
3) Upon reaching ~50% HP YuugenMagan goes into full-powah mode ("begins to glow eerily").
Spoiler:
4) Upon reaching 0 HP YuugenMagan removes the immortality from everyone. Everyone dies because 0 HP. No 0 HP - no death.

So if I'm correct (and I may be not correct), there's your answers.
Spoiler:
Normally you need to take out eyes because only that deals damage to the boss, but Blind can damage YuugenMagan itself, so you can bring it down to ~50% HP (and 0 HP) yourself. Yes, it's dying because of Blind. Yes, it was supposed to die. It actually worked as it should.

« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2015, 08:36:57 AM »

Awesome discovery! It must have been a pain to spam Blind for 45 minutes, though.
1. Getting lost
You should do something about the random encounter though since it was ridiculously high.
I don't think it'd be easy to get lost, there are pathways and all to lead you from one section into another. I didn't really think the encounter rates were too high in most of the dungeons, but yeah, the size of this one makes random encounters all the more bothersome.
I once played a Touhou RPG that has a good sidequest about Hokkai that it almost made me cry. I certainly do looking forward seeing this game version of Hokkai.
Wow, that seems like something worth looking into. Would you care to give me the name of that RPG?

Bug?: you can still miss your attack when you equip Third Eye
I put the item on Mystia, and I do get misses as well. I've only seen it occur on her first attack though. Honestly, I didn't really feel the evasion bonus either, but then I don't really pay attention to that stuff.

And of course, late happy new year to everyone!

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
I didn't really think the encounter rates were too high in most of the dungeons, but yeah, the size of this one makes random encounters all the more bothersome.

I put the item on Mystia, and I do get misses as well. I've only seen it occur on her first attack though. Honestly, I didn't really feel the evasion bonus either, but then I don't really pay attention to that stuff.
In my opinion, the encounter rates is pretty unstable. Sometimes after taking 5 steps, I encounter another enemy and sometimes I could run 25 steps without encountering enemies.

Third Eye really save me during my fight against Flandre.

« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2015, 09:21:29 PM »
- Yakumo Household, talking to Yukari, by Yukari.
  "Well, your reputations as, well, imbeciles, preceed you."

Another error is that "preceed" should be "precede".

Anyway, I defeated Flandre a few days ago and the water dripping sounds have returned; does anybody else have this problem? If I want the new powers like the thunder powers everybody is talking about, should I start up a new game (I imported my old save files from the previous version of the demo to this version)?

Do you get something if you beat Daisanji? By the way, what's the square tan building in the screenshot below?

« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2015, 01:08:24 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out, I edited the post to fix this (if the typos haven't been looked at yet).
Anyway, I defeated Flandre a few days ago and the water dripping sounds have returned; does anybody else have this problem? If I want the new powers like the thunder powers everybody is talking about, should I start up a new game (I imported my old save files from the previous version of the demo to this version)?
I don't think there's a way to remove the water dripping sounds until the next version, and they will stay forever in the current version when you enter the basement. For the new spells, you will have to start a new save file in the current version. I don't know if Nazgul is planning to fix this in a later version, so if you really want the new spells then you will have to start a new game. Personally, I never used the triple combo ability in a serious fight just because it didn't feel cost efficient (Cirno's Freeze does only a little bit lower than it).
In my opinion, the encounter rates is pretty unstable. Sometimes after taking 5 steps, I encounter another enemy and sometimes I could run 25 steps without encountering enemies.
I agree, but that's how encounter systems usually work in all RPGs. 25 steps without encountering enemies means that the RNG loves you.
Third Eye really save me during my fight against Flandre.
Just did a couple of fights with fairies, don't know if it was a reasonable opponent to test, but with the Third Eye equipped most of the attacks missed Mystia, while everyone else took the hit 90% of the time. I guess it's just the never miss function of it that doesn't work.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2015, 03:52:54 AM »
I will fix that. Thank you for finding that spelling error.

If I want the new powers like the thunder powers everybody is talking about, should I start up a new game (I imported my old save files from the previous version of the demo to this version)?
If your characters were level 10 or over when you imported your save, then they will NOT learn some of the new spells. You will need to start a new game or import a save with level nine or below characters to have access to all of the new spells.

Do you get something if you beat Daisanji? By the way, what's the square tan building in the screenshot below?

No, unless you count a slightly different cutscene as a reward.
That building was intended to house an NPC (probably Louise) who was going to provide advice to the characters regarding the Miasma Fields/Bypass Cavern. However, I forgot to create the interior of that area when I released Alpha v.3. (And considering nobody is asking questions about it until now, it probably wasn't something most people would visit or try to visit anyway.) I'm considering possibly dummying that area out in the next version.

« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2015, 02:24:30 PM »
That building was intended to house an NPC (probably Louise) who was going to provide advice to the characters regarding the Miasma Fields/Bypass Cavern. However, I forgot to create the interior of that area when I released Alpha v.3. (And considering nobody is asking questions about it until now, it probably wasn't something most people would visit or try to visit anyway.) I'm considering possibly dummying that area out in the next version.
...what "area"? Makai?..  now when I think about it, I don't remember anyone asking questions about Makai, so maybe you'd want to dummy it out? Don't remember anyone asking questions about Gensokyo, too... or Higan... or Eientei... or Human Village... or Mayohiga... or Yuuka/Yuyuko/Ran/Chen/Alice/Goliath 2.0/Raging Goliath/Yumeko/Rinnosuke... (wow, that's a lot to dummy out!)

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2015, 02:50:05 PM »
...what "area"? Makai?..  now when I think about it, I don't remember anyone asking questions about Makai, so maybe you'd want to dummy it out? Don't remember anyone asking questions about Gensokyo, too... or Higan... or Eientei... or Human Village... or Mayohiga... or Yuuka/Yuyuko/Ran/Chen/Alice/Goliath 2.0/Raging Goliath/Yumeko/Rinnosuke... (wow, that's a lot to dummy out!)
Did you see the picture in Shiina Tamai's post? He didn't want to dummy out the entire area of Makai, just that tiny little house in Makai that everyone didn't pay any attention about, including me.

« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2015, 03:15:20 PM »
Did you see the picture in Shiina Tamai's post? He didn't want to dummy out the entire area of Makai, just that tiny little house in Makai that everyone didn't pay any attention about, including me.
Yes, I did. It was more of a joke about "people asking questions" not being the most reliable way to determine how visited/useful the place would be.
Besides, Nazgul said he didn't finished the "interior" (like, only interior) of that area. Since there is interior in that area, there must be an exterior, and the only thing qualifying for that is... the whole Makai. And since he's "considering possibly dummying that area out in the next version"...

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2015, 04:24:37 PM »
Yes, I did. It was more of a joke about "people asking questions" not being the most reliable way to determine how visited/useful the place would be.
Besides, Nazgul said he didn't finished the "interior" (like, only interior) of that area. Since there is interior in that area, there must be an exterior, and the only thing qualifying for that is... the whole Makai. And since he's "considering possibly dummying that area out in the next version"...
Your did have a point there.

« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2015, 09:15:03 PM »
I finished replaying this a while ago and I've noticed some things that need to be fixed.

These aren't typos so much as they are dialogue that doesn't sound natural.

I think "take down Hong Meiling" would be a better alternative.

I believe that "How considerate of Remilia to notify me of this event" would be a better choice.

How about "...why don't you run off to the mansion..."?

Also, Bypass Cavern is unblocked when you go through to the other side.

Perhaps it could serve as a store so that the party doesn't have to head back to Gensokyo for re-supply. Also, I have an idea for another tough boss fight; what about fighting
Spoiler:
Yuuka
instead of getting an instant game over if the player
Spoiler:
returns to the Garden of the Sun.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2015, 12:11:01 AM »
I finished replaying this a while ago and I've noticed some things that need to be fixed.

These aren't typos so much as they are dialogue that doesn't sound natural.
Thank you, I'll fix this in the next version with your suggestions.

Also, Bypass Cavern is unblocked when you go through to the other side.

Perhaps it could serve as a store so that the party doesn't have to head back to Gensokyo for re-supply.
This is intentional. So you can actually use the cave to bypass the Miasma Fields once you beat Sunny Milk.
And If I do turn that structure into a store, it would be much more convenient to pass through the cave to re-supply.

Also, I have an idea for another tough boss fight; what about fighting
Spoiler:
Yuuka
instead of getting an instant game over if the player
Spoiler:
returns to the Garden of the Sun.
I've thought about that, though I wasn't planning on putting that in until a far future version.

EDIT:
Well, progress on the Makai Depths dungeon is currently at a standstill, as I'm now hunting unsuccessfully on Google Images for an intimidating looking battle sprite for a certain death angel. The touhoumon sprites aren't threatening enough IMO.

In the meantime, I started work on Makai's bonus dungeons, the Forest of Illusion and Tower of Reflection. (The requirements to access the bosses in both areas are references to popular cheat codes for certain NES games. Both areas also provide hints about said access methods (for the opposite area). I'm not saying any more than that.  ;)) Here's a preview of the Forest of Illusion boss fight.
I also discovered that the Icicle Sword can hit through spells/skills/abilities that block physical attacks, since in those instances the ice aspect of the weapon takes priority over the physical element. I'm debating whether or not to try to tweak the Icicle Sword's behavior, or to leave this in as a feature.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:37:55 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2015, 10:20:05 PM »
Hey, I just had a new idea. What do you guys think about me adding in Summons? (As in, defeating certain bosses will give you items that allow you to summon them for aid in combat.)

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2015, 10:32:21 PM »
Hey, I just had a new idea. What do you guys think about me adding in Summons? (As in, defeating certain bosses will give you items that allow you to summon them for aid in combat.)

I'm down with that. Is there something special that they will do more then just an attack? You could go for a Golden Sun approach and once the summon is done you get a boost in elemental damage for a limited amount of time, that way it incentives (hope it's the right word I'm using there.) using the summons as a buff as well. 

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2015, 01:22:26 AM »
I'm down with that. Is there something special that they will do more then just an attack? You could go for a Golden Sun approach and once the summon is done you get a boost in elemental damage for a limited amount of time, that way it incentives (hope it's the right word I'm using there.) using the summons as a buff as well.

Some summons will do stuff like that. However, the first ones available might just be an emulation of one of a boss's attacks.

Also, here's a new video showcasing the Tower of Reflection boss, along with its lunatic mode (Flandre will no longer be the only lunatic boss) and the summon that will be associated with it.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2015, 01:37:45 AM »
Aaah Summon, one of the best spell in Final Fantasy. I personally think that the party must use the best of their skills, not relying on someone else.

Still, summon could be the answer to the stronger support spell such as all party heal.

I got two question though.
1. Who will the summoner be?
2. What's the BGM when you fight the mirror version of your party? (Not the mirror itself)

EDIT: wow, that mirror had a tragic backstory. I'm confused about one thing. Saying no to its request causes it to attack you while saying yes will make you fight the EX version of the mirror. I thought it want to be shattered, why is it that granting it's request makes it want to slaughter you like Flandre? I don't understand mirror at all.

I changed my mind, implement the summon please.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:51:58 AM by Your Everyday NEET »