Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 8 - Shadow Isles Edition  (Read 185999 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: League of Legends Thread 8 - Shadow Isles Edition
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »
The worst thing is nerfing Sona's HP does NOTHING to solve her problem.

Power Chord still has 700 range. A good Sona can still out-range any ADC and poke them all day long for obscene damage.

This is the wrong nerf. OK, if you get in range to kill Sona it's easier to do so [By the way, we just nerfed Blitz too]. She still has all her obscene damage and lane bullying.

They should have either dropped Valor's range, or lowered it's damage. Or maybe even lower Power Chord's damage instead. THAT would fix her issue, which is POKEPOKEPOKEPOKEPOKE.
Their philosophy here was that they wanted to accentuate her weaknesses, not cut back on her strengths.  On the one hand, this makes sense - but on the other, lowest base hp AND armor huehuehuehue

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 05:06:42 PM »
I wanna see Sona get executed by a level 1 minion wave.

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 05:12:42 PM »
posting for notifs

also, i played a game as Eve last night while I was at 300 ping and got a triple kill
she's really easy to play

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 05:19:45 PM »
I played a game against eve last night.

She moves and kills people so fast that I can't even mentally process whats occurring before my team is all dead.

70% movement speed bonus! Who thought that was a good idea? Hecarim is bad enough when it comes to blatant amounts of MS.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 09:24:32 PM »
Bought Cho. Played TT. Stomped every game (well one we still lost because it became 2v3 halfway through and being everywhere at once is difficult).

Great sustain duraing laning, great durability, great CC, great damage (especially single target burst with his ult)... Is there anything Cho can't do?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »
Another ingame crash, and "unavailable" server status...

Another leave record for me. Horray.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 11:03:52 PM »
The worst thing is nerfing Sona's HP does NOTHING to solve her problem.

Power Chord still has 700 range. A good Sona can still out-range any ADC and poke them all day long for obscene damage.

This is the wrong nerf. OK, if you get in range to kill Sona it's easier to do so [By the way, we just nerfed Blitz too]. She still has all her obscene damage and lane bullying.

They should have either dropped Valor's range, or lowered it's damage. Or maybe even lower Power Chord's damage instead. THAT would fix her issue, which is POKEPOKEPOKEPOKEPOKE.

uh no, her problem is the ability to shrug off any damage that doesn't instantly kill her. additionally she has an issue where she makes her carry pretty tanky to both types of damage during key moments whenever those moments happen due to ws short cd

gimping her range will just make her unable to do her job of poking

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 01:30:02 AM »
I'm buying Moakai and Hecarim.

Grinding ip during the double weekend for the runes that might come with the event.

And then buying the skins.

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 01:44:50 AM »
so all melee (draft preferable) all mid in proving grounds is the best game mode

and leona is the best champion

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2012, 02:23:58 AM »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 05:59:27 PM »
Just played Kenny for the first time in while. I love how, no matter how hard I lose my lane, I can still decide team fights with my ult.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »
Just played Kenny for the first time in while. I love how, no matter how hard I lose my lane, I can still decide team fights with my ult.
...right...

Ryuu? Support Kennen, y/n?

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »
I won a 4v5 today.

A 4v5 where the other 4 members of my team were a French Premade.

TAKE THAT COMMUNITY STEREOTYPES THAT WOULD HAVE CALLED THAT AN INSTANT LOSS.

Also:

Mobilty Boots
Zilean Speedboost
Twisted Advance
Time Bombs
Sapling Bombs too

ALHALLA ACKBAR MAOKAI.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »
I like Maokai. Only issue with him are my derp teammates that don't guard my blue when I tell them too.

Yes, I'm starting at wraiths. No, that doesn't mean jerk off in lane.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »
I like Maokai. Only issue with him are my derp teammates that don't guard my blue when I tell them too.

Yes, I'm starting at wraiths. No, that doesn't mean jerk off in lane.

I go Wolves/Blue/Wraiths/Wolves/Red/Wraiths

Near enough to blue to start with that people don't derp about and forget to defend blue, and you don't need to order them to help you damage wolves.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2012, 07:29:54 PM »
...right...

Ryuu? Support Kennen, y/n?

right up there with support akali

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2012, 08:25:45 PM »
Eve Ez. Didn't even get dfg.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2012, 09:09:27 PM »
I won a 4v5 today.

A 4v5 where the other 4 members of my team were a French Premade.

I thought that was only for Brazilians.

Also, just had a game as Corki/Leona vs. Sona/Vayne.

Fun times. I forgot to build Triforce though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 10:45:16 PM »
I thought that was only for Brazilians.

Hey! D:<

Although that is partially true anyway.

Regardless, been playing Leona on free week and I've been doing fairly well for a free week Leona user.

Helped a friend of mine get a pentakill as Eve, so I'm proud :V

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2012, 10:50:48 PM »
I really wanna play to take advantage of the IP Bonus, but I remain too afraid that I suck too much to play with total strangers. >:

Then again, I've seen some really shitty people in high level games lol so... hmm...

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2012, 12:39:34 AM »
I really wanna play to take advantage of the IP Bonus, but I remain too afraid that I suck too much to play with total strangers. >:

Then again, I've seen some really shitty people in high level games lol so... hmm...

Just go play and not care what other people think. Even if you end up not doing well, I'm sure most people will okay with you as long as you're not building dunkmaster Lulu or anything like that. Sure you might have the occasional rager/troll, but in my experience they are few and far between.

Also, if you're just really worried about it, you can use just disable chat.

One more thing. Why the hell is support Nautilus popular? They always feed. I'm just happy they've been on the other team.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2012, 12:45:26 AM »

In the end the game is much more your allies in solo queue than yourself. You can rely on your own skills, but to a degree it's basically just a matter of caring more about your team.

Just take a spin and wish for luck (or hunt down people to queue with :v)

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2012, 02:42:04 AM »
Yeah, you can have confidence in your own skills and know what you're doing, but then when you throw in four other people on your team, the possibility for errors jumps up higher and higher.

For example - keep in mind, I've been gone for a year so the lot of you probably don't know or have forgotten that I essentially only play botfights to kill time when no one else is on WoW for me to play with - I was just in a game where mid Morgana dc'ed about three minutes in and Talon kept afk-dc'ing. It was me as AD TF (loads of fun, by the way) Junglewick, and Zyra.

Warwick, Zyra, Twisted Fate, Morgana, and Talon would've ended up being a curbstomp game against bots anyways, but it essentially stayed a 3v5 the entire time. It took some excellent ganks on Warwicks part to keep the bots down while Zyra and I split pushed straight up through the Nexus. We kept our early-game advantage from not having to share CS with lanemates and managed to crank out a win in about 20 minutes or so. If it'd dragged on, Galio, Fiddle, and Annie would've melted us while Sivir stood in the back and shouted at them. I don't remember who the last bot was, it never really came after me and was pretty much dead all the time.

Point being, went into that game with Morgana and Talon arguing over who got mid (Talon, mid? yeahokay) and they both ended up being absent for pretty much the entire game.
That's what you risk when you PuG your teammates, and that's just something you have to be willing to risk.

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2012, 02:58:37 AM »
Ye riot needs to stop adding assassins with leaps.

Seeing teams that are nothing but gap closers + some CC.

Top: Khazix
Mid: Eve
Jungle: Xin Zhao
Bot: Pantheon + Rengar
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:54:51 AM by Dlanor A. Knox »

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2012, 03:00:53 AM »
re:maokai once the novelty of wraithsblue wears off you start noticing consistently being a few seconds late to blue and your teammates consistently being a few seconds late to lane (if they stay to help), wolves start is less stressful imo

also khazix and rengar are the same champion in my head

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2012, 06:02:02 AM »
Someone remind me again why I don't play Singed more often.

SO MUCH FUN.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2012, 07:41:24 AM »
Played a game vs bots with random people. It was nice to be paired up with other people around my level (5) instead of people in the 20's or level 30s like when I play with my friends...

No one really talked at all the whole time so I guess that's better than negativity... Perhaps tomorrow I'll try to play against real people without being on a team with friends.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2012, 09:56:04 AM »
No one really talked at all the whole time so I guess that's better than negativity... Perhaps tomorrow I'll try to play against real people without being on a team with friends.
I'll be at your funeral.

Akali and Draven freeweek here, what do?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:00:01 AM by AAAAAAAAAAAAB »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2012, 10:22:24 AM »
Played a game vs bots with random people. It was nice to be paired up with other people around my level (5) instead of people in the 20's or level 30s like when I play with my friends...

No talking as they have to concentrate on playing, due to being so new. I'd rather not see another lane get ganked because they were flaming, instead of looking at the minimap.

Plenty of champions won't even function properly yet due to lack of runes and summoner spells. Just level up (10 doesn't take that long, and makes quite a difference)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »
Akali and Draven freeweek here, what do?
Do it all. With style.