Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...  (Read 323746 times)

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...
« Reply #1050 on: September 22, 2009, 10:01:06 PM »
Well, it seems like nobody wore a Touhou related hat today so that makes me a bit sad. However, there was this one girl whose hat sorta reminded me of Mima.

Bananamatic

« Reply #1051 on: September 23, 2009, 05:41:22 PM »
Played IN for 7 hours straight. No breaks, nothing else, just Touhou.

« Reply #1052 on: September 23, 2009, 06:20:26 PM »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #1053 on: September 23, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article6845490.ece

Guess the Scarlets are on vacation.

When you plan to go to Sydney to tell everyone that it'll clear up in a few days after a grand party held by a few vampires finishes up to reduce panic.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Von Stein

• Just some insane airhead.
  • What's this newfangled stuff?
« Reply #1054 on: September 23, 2009, 09:55:13 PM »
When in math class something about m0c pops up, someone makes a dirty joke and all you can hear from it is "Mokou."
Can't think of a good signature.
More lilies maybe?

« Reply #1055 on: September 23, 2009, 10:05:29 PM »

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #1056 on: September 24, 2009, 01:40:39 AM »
I just started a conversation about Touhou in a chat on another site that I go to. I was pretty surprised to hear that 2 people said they knew about it, even though they didn't like it.

I guess Touhou isn't as small as I thought it was. Go figure.

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #1057 on: September 24, 2009, 01:49:42 AM »

When you plan to go to Sydney to tell everyone that it'll clear up in a few days after a grand party held by a few vampires finishes up to reduce panic.
Koji, please restrain Remilia from screwing over another place, Gensokyo took it for like two days before the miko wised up and kicked her ass.

FIGHT!

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #1058 on: September 24, 2009, 02:52:35 AM »
Teacher: "The court decides whether you are guilty... or not guilty."

Me: FFFFFFFFFF-

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #1059 on: September 24, 2009, 02:58:14 AM »

Koji, please restrain Remilia from screwing over another place, Gensokyo took it for like two days before the miko wised up and kicked her ass.
Well what's worse is that if Reimu isnt' here then there's hardly anything anyone can do ^^;; I'll do my best? If it is a vacation then it'll clear up soo-oh only 2 hours ._. that was quick.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Toasty

« Reply #1060 on: September 24, 2009, 03:38:00 AM »
You know you're addicted when you draw up a plan for a satori eye that blinks along with you. And then compare yourself to nitori.

it has to do with a heart being a sensor that detects muscle movement......which results in a wire/heart right above your eyebrow of choice, unfortuantely (i didn't know where else would work, i can only feel muscle movement during blinking right there, save for around the far corner of the eye). And the third eye's blinking is controlled by very expensive "artificial muscles" (they exist), a material that contracts when current is run through it. No idea on how to have it look around with your eye without putting sensors in painfull places yet.

Bananamatic

« Reply #1061 on: September 24, 2009, 04:28:41 AM »
You know you're addicted when you draw up a plan for a satori eye that blinks along with you. And then compare yourself to nitori.

it has to do with a heart being a sensor that detects muscle movement......which results in a wire/heart right above your eyebrow of choice, unfortuantely (i didn't know where else would work, i can only feel muscle movement during blinking right there, save for around the far corner of the eye). And the third eye's blinking is controlled by very expensive "artificial muscles" (they exist), a material that contracts when current is run through it. No idea on how to have it look around with your eye without putting sensors in painfull places yet.
Protip: Close it and be Koishi :V

« Reply #1062 on: September 24, 2009, 05:02:24 AM »
Someone on IRC mentioned almost getting killed by UFOs in Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland. My immediate response was, "DAMMIT NUE!"

LordVant

« Reply #1063 on: September 24, 2009, 05:49:34 AM »
Well what's worse is that if Reimu isnt' here then there's hardly anything anyone can do ^^;; I'll do my best? If it is a vacation then it'll clear up soo-oh only 2 hours ._. that was quick.
;_; I'm sorry Remilia...I-I didn't know what I said would cost you your vacation time. I'm sorry!!!!
H-hey, maybe sometime we could head down to the beech............sorry...what about....no that wouldn't work....uhhhh...where would you like to go? I'm sure I could get you somewhere.

btw, I'm know I'm addicted to touhou cuz I've played MoF trying to beat Kanako's last spellcard long enough to make my eyes hurt, my leg cramp, my neck pop, my fingers cramp, and I realize that I lost 9 hours to Kanako whooping my ass....though it didn't feel too bad  ;D

FIGHT!

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #1064 on: September 24, 2009, 06:06:58 AM »
Nah dun worry about it. I think their accent scared her off or something... She's back home now...agitated.

btw you know your addicted when your playin Guitar Hero World Tour and...
you know the stages in career mode where you play Parabola and Schism?
The stage with the giant eye in the center rolling around and causing (freaky) kaleidoscope effects? then suddenly you see on the sides of the screen thousands of eyes?
....Yeah i was totally thinking "I'm playing in Yukari's Gap!!! awesome!"

Totally freaky board = =

« Reply #1065 on: September 24, 2009, 04:59:34 PM »
In English class today we were reading Black Cat, by Edgar Allen Poe.

It mentioned the word phantasm.

I'm going home and I'm not going to be able to look at my (also black) cat without hearing Yukari's theme.

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #1066 on: September 24, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »
I was at the electronics store shopping for a desktop and I saw Civ IV. So I thought, "I'll buy this, just so I can use the Touhou mod."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #1067 on: September 25, 2009, 02:55:39 AM »
I was on the bus from university back home and decided to listen to Cosmic Mind.

For 2 hours straight.

My love for the song hasn't diminished in the slightest.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #1069 on: September 25, 2009, 03:45:07 AM »
I was on the bus from university back home and decided to listen to Cosmic Mind.

For 2 hours straight.

My love for the song hasn't diminished in the slightest.
Wow.  The only time I can think of that can compare is the time I sat in the school library reading manga and looping Time's Scar (from Chrono Cross) for...about 6 hours, give or take.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #1070 on: September 25, 2009, 03:52:07 AM »
I'd bring up how merely seeing the words "Cosmic Mind" put that song in my head, but I'd say it has more to do with it than me.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #1071 on: September 25, 2009, 05:59:44 AM »
I am the proud user of Computer No.⑨ in my school's computer lab.

YEEEAAAHHH

« Reply #1072 on: September 25, 2009, 06:41:44 AM »

Now that ...

... is perfect.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #1073 on: September 25, 2009, 11:36:54 AM »

YEEEAAAHHH

oh this reminded me, that back when my guild did ulduar, i always asked for portal number ⑨
(i'm a feral dps)

... but none of my guildmates were touhoufags, so maybe i should've picked portal number 5 and cranked the vent with some Lou Bega. (Ladies and gentlemen, this is portal number 5.)

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

Gpop

« Reply #1074 on: September 25, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »

YEEEAAAHHH

So was I last semester.

Now to get it again next semester...

LordVant

« Reply #1075 on: September 25, 2009, 01:52:58 PM »
oh this reminded me, that back when my guild did ulduar, i always asked for portal number ⑨
(i'm a feral dps)
... but none of my guildmates were touhoufags, so maybe i should've picked portal number 5 and cranked the vent with some Lou Bega. (Ladies and gentlemen, this is portal number 5.)
WOOH! Another Lou Bega fan!

Kanako's theme actually isn't my favourite, it's Satori's.....cuz remixes of hers have the best violin and piano work I've ever heard, along with Remilia's theme

FIGHT!

LordVant

« Reply #1076 on: September 25, 2009, 10:56:25 PM »
Found an air-freshener can in my friend's room. It was a fragrance by Pier1imports
the name of it was patchouli....

FIGHT!

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #1077 on: September 25, 2009, 11:23:37 PM »
A package of some form of candy called "Riesen" was read "Reisen" for me, I dodged leaves and rocks while biking to piano like it was danmaku, I play Touhou music the most on the piano, and if I can actually see the Neko Miko Reimu flash going by in my head almost perfectly, while listening to Maiden's Cappricio or Dream Battle, (the instrumentals) then I'm bloody well addicted.

Also, eating spicy food when it tastes good at the price of fiery mouth = masochist = Tenshi.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #1078 on: September 26, 2009, 12:00:06 AM »
Patchouli's a fairly common scent, coming from the herb with the same name. It's nice to not have to add the name of mai waifu to my spell checker, though~

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #1079 on: September 26, 2009, 12:04:38 AM »
Patchouli's a fairly common scent, coming from the herb with the same name. It's nice to not have to add the name of mai waifu to my spell checker, though~

that reminds me:

i saw Patchouli in some sort of candle shop(it was a while ago, not really sure where i saw it) and i laughed so hard.

then when i got home i checked the wiki and i found out it's an actual scent. :|