Author Topic: [WC3 - DotS] General discussion thread I  (Read 558166 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: 东方幻想乡[D]efense [o]f [t]he [S]hrines (DotS, WC3)
« Reply #750 on: February 22, 2011, 07:48:51 AM »
And I'll still be tracking your K/D because we like laughing at Durrmio's stats.
What.
Just because in most games where I have an absurdly high killcount, I usually have an equally absurd deathcount.

Though, my K:D tends to actually be higher than 1:1 when I'm playing Okuu.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #751 on: February 22, 2011, 07:49:46 AM »
You've only played Okuu for how many games? And against favourable matchups, like Tewi.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #752 on: February 22, 2011, 07:51:15 AM »
I think 4 or 5 games recently.
And I had positive K:D in all of them.

EDIT:
Oh, actually, one of the games I had lower than 1:1 k:d.
Mainly because jerkYuugi + lag.
Yuugi had something ridiculous like 30 kills.
I had around 20. :V
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:54:22 AM by Caedo »

Captain Infinity

• Captain of Echo Platoon, 3rd Battalion.
  • To bring chaos and honor to this world gone soft.
« Reply #753 on: February 22, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »
I think 4 or 5 games recently.
And I had positive K:D in all of them.

EDIT:
Oh, actually, one of the games I had lower than 1:1 k:d.
Mainly because jerkYuugi + lag.
Yuugi had something ridiculous like 30 kills.
I had around 20. :V

Hey I had lag too as Yuugi :V Despite the cluster of flashy and OGOD SEIZURE stuff, I still managed to ult you and kill you :D Could not do that to Cirno as much though and I couldn't outdamage a Cirno with Eirin's drugs and disable-heavy Kaguya's support :ohdear:

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #754 on: February 22, 2011, 09:41:19 AM »
EDIT:

I'm dropping out of the tournament please delete me and get rid of me

i've put some thought into this and i've come to the conclusion that I cannot play DotS if it's going to degenerate into a gloryhog fest where the people who help the winners get absolutely nothing even though they did the gruntwork that led to the success just like the corporate world

i want to escape from that harsh reality not suffer through it again

fuck's sake
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:20:18 PM by Miss Violet »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Happyhorse

• SAXTON HALEEEEEEEEEEE!
« Reply #755 on: February 22, 2011, 03:46:44 PM »
i've put some thought into this and i've come to the conclusion that I cannot play DotS if it's going to degenerate into a gloryhog fest where the people who help the winners get absolutely nothing even though they did the gruntwork that led to the success just like the corporate world

ysosrslulz.

sometimes, ye gotta take a draw on the other side.
no point being so competitive when you could just lolsleigh your game through no?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #756 on: February 22, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »
D: Trance.
Personal k:d is only 1 point out of 5 though.

« Reply #757 on: February 22, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »
Hi everybody here,

I am BrownBeta and i am interested in participating in games my IRC is BrownBeta

and my MotK Bnet is SlapChopPro

« Reply #758 on: February 22, 2011, 10:57:40 PM »
I dont care about the k/d ratios or whatever either, but the tournament is good for one thing, playing more games consistently, dont leave us trance

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #759 on: February 22, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »
ysosrslulz.

sometimes, ye gotta take a draw on the other side.
no point being so competitive when you could just lolsleigh your game through no?

sorry, that's not the way i roll

i make this into a big of deal as it is because i'm horribly crap at everything else

this transcends the realm of 'having lulz' and 'having fun,' to me it becomes a way to prove to people that i don't suck

I dont care about the k/d ratios or whatever either, but the tournament is good for one thing, playing more games consistently, dont leave us trance

i'm sorry, but as i said, all this tournament or whatever shit is going to prove is that i am shit

Captain Infinity

« Reply #760 on: February 22, 2011, 11:12:58 PM »
Why does proving you're shit have to do with anything? You're taking the game too seriously. You play for fun, not to be better than someone.

Doing this doesn't prove you don't suck, it proves you suck more in all honesty. Besides you still are better than me or Dormio in terms of skill, and you're better than probably half our community :V

« Reply #761 on: February 22, 2011, 11:17:29 PM »
THEN IN TRANCES PLACE ILL PLAY SUPPORT, SANAE/MINO/ AND WHAT EVER OTHER SUPPORT TRANCE PLAYS... GO GO GO!!!!   8) 8) 8) 8)

also you guys trance made his choice, no reason to make him explain himself any further on why he wont participate.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #762 on: February 22, 2011, 11:18:44 PM »
THEN IN TRANCES PLACE ILL PLAY SUPPORT, SANAE/MINO/ AND WHAT EVER OTHER SUPPORT TRANCE PLAYS... GO GO GO!!!!   8) 8) 8) 8)

also you guys trance made his choice, no reason to make him explain himself any further on why he wont participate.

No Koishi picks fro you then kthnx.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #763 on: February 22, 2011, 11:19:52 PM »
Nor Wriggle picks from Rawr.

« Reply #764 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »
NOT IF I MAKE KOISHI/WRIGGLE A SUPPORT... WATCH ME DO IT  :trollface:

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #765 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:50 PM »
Why does proving you're shit have to do with anything? You're taking the game too seriously. You play for fun, not to be better than someone.

Doing this doesn't prove you don't suck, it proves you suck more in all honesty. Besides you still are better than me or Dormio in terms of skill, and you're better than probably half our community :V

you know what

if this league bullshit wasn't being used I wouldn't have had any thoughts about quitting but as it is all this is going to do is to encourage me to take the game even MORE seriously than I already do it. And I don't really care if this move on my part is "selfish," this setup is going to make the game even less enjoyable than it already is for me

and you guys say to "play for fun," right? I can't play for fun PERIOD like this.

What ever happened to random games? I bitched a lot there, yeah, but at least I could actually play and not have to care about there being a prize or places or whatever.

NOT IF I MAKE KOISHI/WRIGGLE A SUPPORT... WATCH ME DO IT  :trollface:

i don't think that's possible

unless you do some stupid shit like ghgm/mods or something

« Reply #766 on: February 22, 2011, 11:24:44 PM »
Actually my idea was more like having hidden yukkuris with the retesia thingy for hlealing lulz. But your idea is good too  :V

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #767 on: February 22, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »
and you guys say to "play for fun," right? I can't play for fun PERIOD like this.

What ever happened to random games? I bitched a lot there, yeah, but at least I could actually play and not have to care about there being a prize or places or whatever.
You don't HAVE to care about the rankings or whatever that'll come out.
And it's not as if you're guaranteed to do badly.
If anything, I'll probably do as badly or worse than how you predict you'll do because of my loldeathcounts.
Personally, I'm just using this as an opportunity to get into more games. :V
But that's just me.

« Reply #768 on: February 23, 2011, 01:58:58 AM »
Death count doesnt mean anything as long as you get an equal or greater amount kills, which you usually do   :derp:

« Reply #769 on: February 23, 2011, 03:38:54 AM »
EDIT:

I'm dropping out of the tournament please delete me and get rid of me

i want to escape from that harsh reality not suffer through it again

fuck's sake

iirc you don't like to play for score on shmups, and this may seem like a similar situation. Personally, I don't mind much about the K/D ratio, since I'll gladly die to towers (just an example) if my team (or Genji :p) can take them down. I'm more bothered if the team or myself (most of the times :D) screw up on avoidable ways (though it's satisfying to learn what to not do and then feel the improvement in the latter games), or when (few times, though) I'm on a difficult matchup and then the game reaches an unrecoverable situation (imo -- example: our team lacking the damage potential, disablers included, to threaten tanks or supporters, or our team's tanker being forced to retreat under equal conditions due to overall higher damage output from the opposing team, meaning that our team can't contain the offense of the opposing team), then I ask the other team to finish the game asap in order to give me more time to play more DotS :D

But I agree, K/D ratio is overrated :D  (on the league subject, though, I'll try to play on the weekends, when I have more time)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #770 on: February 23, 2011, 03:48:28 AM »
You don't HAVE to care about the rankings or whatever that'll come out.
And it's not as if you're guaranteed to do badly.
If anything, I'll probably do as badly or worse than how you predict you'll do because of my loldeathcounts.

wrong </lexluthor>

A 20/20 K:D score is much better than a 2/14 K:D score
A 11/12 K:D score is much more consistent than a 0/9 K:D score
I could go on and on about how blatantly wrong you are in saying that

iirc you don't like to play for score on shmups, and this may seem like a similar situation.

But I agree, K/D ratio is overrated :D  (on the league subject, though, I'll try to play on the weekends, when I have more time)

Yes, I am not a score-runner because I am not good at it, nor do I really care enough to maintain high score nor am I willing to put my studies on the line for it
Though the case here is that my role in the team game is something that does NOT net high return in a league set up. Some heroes in DotS are high priority targets, those tend to be the ones I main the most, so everyone wants to make my life a living hell. It'll be impossible for me to maintain a positively high K:D ratio if that's the case, furthermore, I might not even win the match in the game as a result, so there's no point in me doing so.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #771 on: February 23, 2011, 05:19:33 AM »
Death count doesnt mean anything as long as you get an equal or greater amount kills, which you usually do   :derp:
I asked Pesco about this a while ago.
As far as I understand, deaths are far more important than kills..
Kills only come into play when you have the same number of deaths.
If I were vs. you Trance, and we got those K:D in a match, then you would get the point over me both times.

Captain Infinity

« Reply #772 on: February 23, 2011, 05:23:31 AM »
wrong </lexluthor>

Yes, I am not a score-runner because I am not good at it, nor do I really care enough to maintain high score nor am I willing to put my studies on the line for it
Though the case here is that my role in the team game is something that does NOT net high return in a league set up. Some heroes in DotS are high priority targets, those tend to be the ones I main the most, so everyone wants to make my life a living hell. It'll be impossible for me to maintain a positively high K:D ratio if that's the case, furthermore, I might not even win the match in the game as a result, so there's no point in me doing so.

Hey. Haeun and I put our final school exams at hold JUST for DotS, and we didn't really care.

Besides its not like people are going to go "omg u sux" because of your K/D ratio. I haven't seen anyone say that save for me and Haeun randomly raging each other and even then we don't really care about it.

You just have to stop taking the game so seriously and get over any mishaps that happen in a game.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #773 on: February 23, 2011, 05:34:57 AM »
What Tanaka said too.
I don't get who you're referring to when you claim everyone will think you suck.
I mean, in the #dots-meido channel, it's generally accepted that you're amongst the better players (provided you don't have epic 7s+ delay).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 05:42:13 AM by Caedo »

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #774 on: February 23, 2011, 05:50:27 AM »
How about if you never got a kill but helped the team a lot? You know, weakening someone so that someone can finish them off? Otherwise people will yell KS, maybe.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #775 on: February 23, 2011, 05:52:59 AM »
I haven't seen anyone we play with get angry over KS.
That's just what I've seen though.

Captain Infinity

« Reply #776 on: February 23, 2011, 06:57:47 AM »
I haven't seen anyone we play with get angry over KS.
That's just what I've seen though.

Likewise, I don't think there are anyone that rages over KS. Infact some KS' are epic, like how PX_ KS'ed and saved me by doing so when we had the Komachi/Okuu/Reisen team :3

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #777 on: February 23, 2011, 07:55:06 AM »
Nobody around here KS intentionally. That's why we're never bothered about it.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #778 on: February 23, 2011, 09:28:55 AM »
How about if you never got a kill but helped the team a lot? You know, weakening someone so that someone can finish them off?

welcome to every single game i've ever played since I started playing dots

:fail:

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #779 on: February 23, 2011, 09:30:24 AM »
That's not a bad thing though. D: