Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 218815 times)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Kogasa decided to give me the world's nicest surprise yesterday. MORE RAIN!
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When you printed out 29 pictures of Touhous, and taped them around your room.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
When you printed out 29 pictures of Touhous, and taped them around your room.
Mind showing us how it ended up looking like? I'm quite curious.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
When you're alone sitting on the bus and your mind starts having a conversation with your favorite Touhou character(s). Hilarity ensues.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Mind showing us how it ended up looking like? I'm quite curious.

Sure! When trying to attach these, I found out that iPhone pictures have a RIDICULOUS resolution for no reason at all! I do not need pictures that are 2448 x 3264 pixels. I REALLY don't. They're 30 MB apiece and take up way too much room on my computer much less be attachable. So I cut the dimensions to 1/16 the area, and it becomes a much more manageable 1 MB... Not even. When I save, they're 80-100 KB.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Sure! When trying to attach these, I found out that iPhone pictures have a RIDICULOUS resolution for no reason at all! I do not need pictures that are 2448 x 3264 pixels. I REALLY don't. They're 30 MB apiece and take up way too much room on my computer much less be attachable. So I cut the dimensions to 1/16 the area, and it becomes a much more manageable 1 MB... Not even. When I save, they're 80-100 KB.
Looks quite nice! What are these trphies on your room?
I would do this on my room (but I wouldn't just limit myself to just Touhou images.) but I would probably get weird looks from pretty much everyone that would come intop my room.
Hell, my father gave me sort of a weird look when I got a K-on poster...

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
What are these trophies on your room?

Oh, those? Those are from when I did Tae Kwon Do, long ago. Tournaments, and what not. Although, the kids always got a 3rd place trophy if they didn't win, so... I think there's a couple second place ones, though.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I'm trying to force Akinator to guess a Touhou character. I don't know why but I choose Youmu.
i remember that in the old thread there were some posts about Akinator, however I don't remember if anyone actually got him to guess a Touhou char. Is it even possible?
Edit: WELL DONE, MR. AKINATOR!
Edit 2: For whatever reason, without even giving him tips if it is a female or from Japan, he tried to guess Keine. And I was trying to make him guess Soap from the COD series. Weird.
Edit 3: After about 10 tries, yes, he can guess Touhou characters, and he does so very well.
Edit 4: This has nothign to do with the topic, but I tried to make him gues Ed from Ed, Edd, N Eddy, AND HE GUESSED BLOODY BEN TENNYSON! Jesus, what an insult.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:42:45 PM by FamilyTeam »

Burcaresti

• Doll Judgement
  • Your Judgement Day has come at last!
When you go on a school field trip to study WW2, find a book from the Japanese internment camps that lists the names of the people in the camps, and the first thing you do is look and see if anyone has the same name as a Touhou Character. (I found Yoshika, Nagae, Saigyouji, Inaba, Kochiya, Moriya, and Komeiji)

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
When you broke your longstanding drought of touching Minecraft for THIS.
I was waiting for it to update to 1.6, and of course it HAD to be while I'm in Utah. Once I get back home and download it, I think it'll be the first time I'll seriously play Minecraft in a year and a half.
I'm trying to force Akinator to guess a Touhou character. I don't know why but I choose Youmu.
i remember that in the old thread there were some posts about Akinator, however I don't remember if anyone actually got him to guess a Touhou char. Is it even possible?
-snip-
I actually chose Genji and he got it. GENJI.

When you get your mom into listening to Marasy's piano covers. It's the only way that she can tolerate Touhou music for some reason.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Driving down the road, in a rainstorm... when THIS starts playing in my head. And when I say playing in my head, I mean PLAYING IN MY HEAD. I have an odd ability to actually replicate a song or video in my head. So anyway, I'm "listening" to it, and suddenly I realize I'm doing what I know I shouldn't be: Listening to the Touhou soundtrack while driving! So after I realize this, I try to shut it off, but songs are easy enough to start in my head... they aren't so easy to shut up.  So I'm going down the road and it gets worse... I actually imagine what it would look like if Rumia was driving the damn car. And I'm trying to concentrate on the road, but I picture it from her viewpoint... What. The. Fuck. That was weird. I eventually shake it off, but it was weird.

Monkeypro257

I once made it the whole day spreading my arms out like Rumia. (Arms still cramp  :derp:)

When you spend the entire night looking through the touhou section in the c84 catalog.

My dad was watching a Drum Corp show over the weekend, and I swear I thought that the one group was playing Love Colored Master Spark.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
So... I was taking out the trash when lighting struck out of nowhere my first thought "Tojiko must be mad because I decided to take a break from 10D."

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
When Reisen is your Windows 8 lock screen and Desktop wallpaper.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
When Reisen is your Windows 8 lock screen and Desktop wallpaper.
I have a Reisen cursor and the Eientei crew as my Desktop wallpaper.  :o

So, yeah we're both Reisen addicts. -highfive?-

When you are watching TV and there are commercials with background music. I heard the first two notes of every song and thought it was playing a Touhou song.
One commercial it was Voyager 1969. Another, it was Eiren's theme, Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon.
I started playing IN afterwards.
Currently a normal player

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
When you day dream of your friends and yourself being Youkai hunters in Gensokyo busting Youkai!
And when you start writing the whole list of characters in your notebook

I've started hearing bits and pieces of Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator in a lot of other songs recently. I guess that could be expected though, it is my favorite Touhou song/character after all.

Also >50% of my Brawl roster consists of Touhou characters now. (not that I often be anyone besides Lucina and Miko) And because of that, I've discovered that Home Run contest can in fact roll over to five digit scores, thanks to the custom moveset Mokou has. (no btw, it's not a ridiculous 999% dmg move, she's well balanced. final damage to the sandbag with two co-op Mokou players was a little over 400%)

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
I have a Reisen cursor and the Eientei crew as my Desktop wallpaper.  :o

So, yeah we're both Reisen addicts. -highfive?-

Yup yup. *highfive back*

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
When improvement and accomplishment feel like orgasm, for beginners this will be the beginning of their Touhou addiction >:3

When you think about danmaku shmup improvement every single damn day.

When you imagine a spellcard battle in other series, eg. Bleach.

When you create a spellcard for each character in other series.

When you match Touhou music with other characters and/or events from another series.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
So I came back from a 5-day trip to Utah on Sunday. During all the road trips to places and driving back home, I listened to Touhou music the entire time. That was 30 hours or something, so I surprised myself with how long that was. Also:

When you're thinking about actually attempting to play Night of Nights and "Death Waltz"(don't remember the actual name) on clarinet.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:22:00 AM by Blue »

When everything you do leads you to playing Touhou.
Currently a normal player

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
If I were to make an anime or some sort of animated series in general I would try to sneak in as many Touhou references as possible. I Don't really know if this counts as addiction, because I would try to sneak in as many references to anything that I like

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Also >50% of my Brawl roster consists of Touhou characters now. (not that I often be anyone besides Lucina and Miko) And because of that, I've discovered that Home Run contest can in fact roll over to five digit scores, thanks to the custom moveset Mokou has. (no btw, it's not a ridiculous 999% dmg move, she's well balanced. final damage to the sandbag with two co-op Mokou players was a little over 400%)

Links PLEASE... I want more Touhous in my Brawl, I only have Remi-Pit, Sakuya-Peach, Marisa-Ness, Yukkuri-Kirby, Meiling-Marth, Mima-skinned Ganondorf, and Sanae-skinned Lucas.

CyberAngel

• Retired
When you automatically try to find a 1cc for another game, even non-shmup or arcade one.

Links PLEASE... I want more Touhous in my Brawl, I only have Remi-Pit, Sakuya-Peach, Marisa-Ness, Yukkuri-Kirby, Meiling-Marth, Mima-skinned Ganondorf, and Sanae-skinned Lucas.

Sure, no problem. Most of them don't have custom movesets, but they seem to just "fit" with the existing moveset. I like that because it means they're compatible with the default characters too.

I'll grab the links to each of them when I get home, but I may have to upload some old ones to my dropbox if they were taken down. In that case I'll just give credit to the creators in a .txt in the pack I guess. I'll include a color code list too if you don't already have one, so you can put them over whichever color slot.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
I've started hearing bits and pieces of Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator in a lot of other songs recently. I guess that could be expected though, it is my favorite Touhou song/character after all.
I have the whole song play in my head when I'm sitting on a bus and it's usually the original and TH 13.5 version. I think we're both Miko addicts, agree or disagree?

I have the whole song play in my head when I'm sitting on a bus and it's usually the original and TH 13.5 version. I think we're both Miko addicts, agree or disagree?

Agree. This same thing happens to me when, say, its totally silent? I'll start playing True Administrator in my head to make things more interesting. TD or HM version, whichever is more fitting for the situation, because the originals are just that good.