Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 218782 times)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Most of the time I just have random Touhou themes play in my head and if I don't wanna listen to it... welp next random song.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
You know you're addicted when your mouse cursor is ZUN and your wallpaper is the Hakurei Shrine.

Or when you realize - whilst playing (or thinking about) World of Warcraft - you could make an undead female, color her hair green, make her Warlock class, name her Mima

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When this is something you just thought of when you thought a bit about Flandre.
Quote from: Me
Stupid Theory Number 495: The reason you can't run from a Trainer battle is because they're all Flandre Scarlet in disguise, looking to play and NOT blow somebody up, but will blow you up if you run.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 08:58:42 PM by Cybeast710 »
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

When you accidentally say "Subterranean Animism" instead of "Sub-saharan Africa" in your history class. (True story  :D)

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
I play random Touhou OSTs and arrangements in my head all the time. I just kind of switch around because I remember a ton of the stuff I listen to.

Also, in band camp today, we got these things called dot cards. They show us where we're supposed to go during our show. On them, there's a symbol(a letter) for what instrument we play, and a label, which is a random number that doesn't go above the number of people playing that instrument. They go together like A3(alto sax), T10(trumpet), F4(flute), that sort of thing. My symbol is C because I play clarinet, and the label happened to be 9. C9. I immediately thought of Cirno. Which is kind of lucky now that I think about it, considering that there are literally 9 clarinets in my band this year.

brb transposing Beloved Tomboyish Daughter for clarinet

EDIT: Wait, one left but it was after the patterns and stuff were made. That really was lucky.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:13:30 AM by Blue »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
When you end up playing DJ during a broadcast and end up playing Touhou music.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I was playing Forza Motorsport 2 while listening to Touhou songs. Driving an S grade car, trading paint with another S grade car that's clearly better than yours to get First place while EOSD's Stage 4 theme plays on the background is really, really epic.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Or when you realize - whilst playing (or thinking about) World of Warcraft - you could make an undead female, color her hair green, make her Warlock class, name her Mima
Or how about a Worgen named Momiji?
On a related note:
You know you're addicted when you redo FF7 and give everyone Touhou names. And did the same with Etrian Odyssey. And named your Link Momiji^^;

My sister jokingly called her son a little devil today when he was being a little silly at dinner (he's 11 months old so yeah...at that age).  Immediately and without thinking, I replied "Koakuma!"

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
I) When you have a Touhou picture as your MP3 player menu background.

II) When you call mind readers "wannabe Satoris".

III) When you have Touhou music/remixes stuck in your head (probably already said before) and consist of over 75% of your MP3 player library.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
When you watch credits of other video games to see if there's a Touhou name in them. Just beat Skyward Sword again, I saw Sanae and Yukari (Different surnames, but that's not important)

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
When you watch credits of other video games to see if there's a Touhou name in them. Just beat Skyward Sword again, I saw Sanae and Yukari (Different surnames, but that's not important)
I was replaying Gran Turismo 3 these days, and then I clicked on the Arcade Mode. I was just chillin', listening to the catchy menu music, when suddenly, A name quickly flashes on one of the FMV on the Background:
"Car Designer: Yukari ---" (The name flashes for barely half a second so I wasn't able to read the surname"
I SEE TOUHOU EVEN IN GRAN TURISMO!
I'll try to get a better view at the video so I can read the whole name.
EDIT: It just reads Yukari Sekizawa. STILL, YUKARI.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:54:28 PM by FamilyTeam »

I was waiting for the ice cream truck a few days back, since we'd hired one to come for our end of the summer session party.  While sitting there, bored out of my mind, I start getting this odd mental image of an ice cream truck in Gensokyo.  For some reason, Seiga was managing it, and Yoshika was driving...I don't think I need to list the plethora of things that could go wrong with that scenario!

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
I remember a Music class in which the teacher asked us about a famous trio and I answered "Prismriver Sisters". Everyone looked awkwardly at me.
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
If you think that Lunarians live there when gazing at the moon.
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
When you're playing Pokemon and you constantly misread "Ponyta" as "Pyonta"
Or when your Mismagius is named Mima

Or with DDC's release, being unable to think of drums without Raiko coming to mind

When you try to close your eyes trying to sleep...and you saw danmaku flashing in our head.

When you start thinking about a game like Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, but in Gensokyo.

...WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS.
checkFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die The death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Today in history class, we were talking about the 1969 Moon landing
I couldn't get Touhou 8 out of my head.

CyberAngel

• Retired
When you think your MP3 player is no good anymore because it can't hold all your Touhou music and you don't want to throw out any.

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
When someone put the price tag upside down and you internally flip (no pun intended) and scream "goddamit Seija!!"
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
...I want to hear a drum corps/marching band play Raiko's theme so badly. It just fits so well.

I have ideas for an arrangement too, but it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:44:45 AM by Blue »

Was at the amusement and water park yesterday with my family, and I had this hilarious scenario in my head of the kappa building one after Sanae started going on about outside world attractions.  Naturally, Marisa was daredeveling all the biggest and craziest rides she could find.

As a piano player, I keep thinking how awesome it will be to play Raiko's theme with a drummer and a trumpet player.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!

This happened when I searched for Seija's theme.

You're pretending to dodge bullets while you're walking through a large crowd of people.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
When you're thinking about suggesting an arranged "Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind" for the finale of the final band concert at middle school that you arranged yourself to your band teacher as a piece to play.

No, seriously, I'm thinking about that.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

I had a dream featuring Reimu, Yukari, and Yuyuko. Possibly Okuu as well.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I had a dream featuring Reimu, Yukari, and Yuyuko. Possibly Okuu as well.
Interesting! If you remember any more details then post it on the Dream Thread

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
When you're thinking about suggesting an arranged "Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind" for the finale of the final band concert at middle school that you arranged yourself to your band teacher as a piece to play.

No, seriously, I'm thinking about that.
If only I wasn't so lazy, then I'd actually arrange something and ask my band teacher too...

...Or I could just take one of these...yeah.

On a related note, I went and did this. Part of it was taken down an octave to make it semi-possible, so it might be a bit samey in the middle.