Author Topic: Touhou ANGRY RAGING SMASH SMASH Thread #6  (Read 161629 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Touhou ANGRY RAGING SMASH SMASH Thread #6
« on: February 20, 2010, 11:43:04 PM »
I saw the other thread at 1010 posts and was like  :V

Haven't played in a week or two, I try PCB Stage 5 Lunatic, I DON'T EVEN REACH THE LAST SPELLCARD AUGH
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:55:12 PM by Neo★Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
Re: Touhou ANGRY RAGING SMASH SMASH Thread #6
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:47:09 PM »
Parsee can just go fuck herself, seriously. >:(
No stage 2 boss should be that annoying, even if it is hard mode.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:30:35 AM »
Went to perfect IN Stage 1 Hard, took multiple attempts because I kept getting hit stupidly. Finally got it, then saw that I had already perfected it weeks ago.

Damn you faulty memory for wasting my time!
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:45:35 AM »
Went to perfect IN Stage 1 Hard, took multiple attempts because I kept getting hit stupidly. Finally got it, then saw that I had already perfected it weeks ago.

Damn you faulty memory for wasting my time!

Consider it extra practice.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:31:57 AM »
A whole week of work (minus time lost to AAI) and I finish making one spellcard >=V

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 01:44:21 AM »
Died to Guest Stars, then died like 5 more times while timing it out.  It's the only spell in MoF I haven't captured  :(

Udongein

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 01:54:23 AM »
Perfect IN Extra stage portion! \o/
...Followed by failing every single spellcard until Xu-Fu, then everything until Phoenix's Tail, then everything else.
What the hell, I thought I was good at IN Extra.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 02:21:05 AM »
Star Maelstrom.  Annoying.  Possibly rage inducing.

God I freakin' hate that card.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 03:07:01 AM »
I tried IN Lunatic with Marisa Solo.  It took about seven tries before I stopped getting hit on Comet on Earth.

I can deathbomb somewhat consistently in the other games, but it costs two bombs this time around >.>

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 03:15:05 AM »
I tried IN Lunatic with Marisa Solo.  It took about seven tries before I stopped getting hit on Comet on Earth.

I can deathbomb somewhat consistently in the other games, but it costs two bombs this time around >.>
If it's costing you two bombs then it's not a death bomb.  According to the wiki plain old death bombing is still in IN.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 03:18:15 AM »
Sister Prismriver... >:( Why must you be so god damned rage inducing ass-hats!

The 2-bomb version actually is a Death Bomb. Yukari has Fantasy Seal -Blink- as her Death Bomb and Alice has Final Spark, ect, assuming your not playing Solo. The Border Team only needs 1 Bomb to Death Bomb though, thats one of their abilities.

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 03:20:26 AM »
The 2-bomb version actually is a Death Bomb. Yukari has Fantasy Seal -Blink- as her Death Bomb and Alice has Final Spark, ect, assuming your not playing Solo. The Border Team only needs 1 Bomb to Death Bomb though, thats one of their abilities.

No, I'm pretty sure it still consumes two. They just get a somewhat more generous timing window in which to death bomb.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 03:29:54 AM »
Got surprise-killed on Utsuho's second nonspell, when a bullet that wasn't the first in line clipped me. The ones before passed just fine, but for some reason one a bit further down hit me. And no, I didn't move at all.

That's not the first time this sort of thing has happened to me, but I have to wonder just what kind of programming would allow such weird kills. I'd like to think I'm safe once the first bullet in a straight line passes me.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 03:33:16 AM »
If it's costing you two bombs then it's not a death bomb.  According to the wiki plain old death bombing is still in IN.
It's still in there (...I think it is, at least), but the time window is now insanely small to pull off that kind of deathbomb. Like, you'll be lucky if you EVER do it in your life.
No, I'm pretty sure it still consumes two. They just get a somewhat more generous timing window in which to death bomb.
Yeah, Border Team most definitely still consumes two bombs for deathbombing.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 03:37:18 AM »

Ok, I checked the in-game info and it doesn't mention the cost of a D Bomb, but I was certain that it was only 1 bomb for the Border Team.

It's still in there (...I think it is, at least), but the time window is now insanely small to pull off that kind of deathbomb. Like, you'll be lucky if you EVER do it in your life. Yeah, Border Team most definitely still consumes two bombs for deathbombing.

By samll time window, you mean for things like Final Spark and such right? Cause I just ran right through Stage 1 with Remi Solo and then Stage 1 with Yuyu-chan Solo. I let myself get hit in order to try a D Bomb and did, every time I tried and had 2 bombs. So either the frame of time isn't much smaller, or I am just that good. I highly doubt that the latter is the reason.

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 03:39:20 AM »
Single-bomb deathbombing is in IN. I've done it before, as have Donut and several other members here. The timeframe is extremely small though; I think you have to bomb the exact frame you get hit. Bombing anywhere else within IN's generous deathbomb-time will result in a two-bomb deathbomb.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 03:42:29 AM »
That's what I meant, the one-bomb deathbombing. Unless you do it by purposefully ramming yourself into a bullet, you have to have godreflexes (or gratuitous amount of MENERGY luck) to pull it off in IN.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 04:27:55 AM »
GODDAMNIT

I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH THESE MOTHERF@#$ING MIMAS ON MY MOTHERF@#$ING SCREEN

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 08:21:23 AM »
I rage so hard when I can't distinguish bullets from the 87 bajillion point items on my screen.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 08:24:07 AM »
Decided to take another shot at 1ccing UFO easy with all shottypes
Spoiler:
except the incredibly worthless MarisaB
after not touching the game in two months.

The good news: I can still play through Murasa nearly perfectly.
The bad news: Shou still owns the face off my MarisaA.
The rage: Dying twice before Space Invaders. Then game overing during Space Invaders.

Montblanc

• I'll drive my toe into your eye socket,
  • And I'll Spin in it~
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 12:03:12 PM »
I actually perform rather admirably in the PC-98 field, despite the speed at which the bullets move without graphics making it easier to read trajectories making some things difficult.

So it's a personal matter of pride when I suddenly suck at it. See, I recently reinstalled all my Touhou after the freak incident in where I lost everything magically, and now I'm doing terrible on EX Alice and Getsu sisters. I can't even unlock Rika, because Mima keeps fucking me up.

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 12:22:56 PM »
I've been playing UFO stage 6 L for the last two hours and haven't captured a single spellcard for those two hours.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 12:47:45 PM »
That's what I meant, the one-bomb deathbombing. Unless you do it by purposefully ramming yourself into a bullet, you have to have godreflexes (or gratuitous amount of MENERGY luck) to pull it off in IN.
Even deliberately ramming a bullet doesn't help.  All that difficulty consistently getting Perfect!s in DDR is coming back to haunt me, because I swear I press the button precisely when the bullet connects.

On the other hand, I think this is an interesting angle on the "IN ruins your deathbombing skill" whine.

EDIT:  'Still doesn't help that apparently I'm much worse at Lunatic runs than I was in Spell Practice.  I didn't know you could fail Ill-Starred Dive.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:29:58 PM by u? »

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
  • would you like some deathbomb
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »
Hey guys, ZUN just gave me the source code for TH06.

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 04:33:37 PM »
I can confirm that one-bomb deathbombs are still in IN, as I've had one on my first Hard 1cc (on stage 4 or something), very much not planned but it probably saved me as I finished Hourai Jewel down 0/0...

Now, PCB Extra 1CC... I start Descent of Izuna Gongen 1/0, get killed near the end but hey, I still have a few bombs, and sure enough Ran goes exploding... and I run into a bullet, Game Over, would you like to save this replay?

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 04:36:26 PM »
I have only ever deathbombed with one bomb on IN when I had one bomb left. Any other time, it's taken 2.

Losing 2 bombs for a deathbomb just sucks.

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 04:44:47 PM »
On the other hand, I think this is an interesting angle on the "IN ruins your deathbombing skill" whine.

EDIT:  'Still doesn't help that apparently I'm much worse at Lunatic runs than I was in Spell Practice.  I didn't know you could fail Ill-Starred Dive.

I've actually come to like the fact that IN discourages you from deathbombing.  Relying on deathbombing is a bad habit to get into, it's much safer and more practical to plan all of your bombs ahead of time.

And I've failed Ill-Starred Dive many a time. <_<

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2010, 04:48:15 PM »
Um, I thought it was common knowledge that Border Team can still lastword-bomb with 1 bomb left? They still use 2 if they have more than 1.

Anyways, I've just experienced the obligatory game over while VoWG is dying. Am I cool now?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2010, 04:58:53 PM »
I've actually come to like the fact that IN discourages you from deathbombing.  Relying on deathbombing is a bad habit to get into, it's much safer and more practical to plan all of your bombs ahead of time.
Other problem:  Minus Fantasy Seal, Master Spark, and Slash of Present, all of the non-LW bombs in IN are lame.

And I've failed Ill-Starred Dive many a time. <_<
Below Lunatic?

Um, I thought it was common knowledge that Border Team can still lastword-bomb with 1 bomb left? They still use 2 if they have more than 1.
It's in the manual :V

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »
Actually any team can do that.  Just that the timing window is smaller than with Border Team.