Author Topic: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread  (Read 318078 times)

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
Re: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread
« Reply #870 on: January 03, 2010, 01:32:15 AM »
Resting takes 2 TP from every character in your 12 (unless they only have 1 or 2 TP, in which case no TP is subtracted and no SP is regained from resting), switching in battle costs 1 TP for the character switching out (can't switch if she has 1 or 2 TP), some special attacks will decrease TP (as Ghaleon mentioned), and one character has a spell that requires a full TP drain as a cost.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #871 on: January 03, 2010, 02:53:17 AM »
Average level 54. Tried the floor 12 crew again.

Ended up getting wiped out at the last minute with everyone at full power at full defense buffs because I was an idiot and accidentally killed one of the last two too fast. It was disheartening.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:54:56 AM by AlexX »

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #872 on: January 03, 2010, 03:30:19 AM »
Ended up getting wiped out at the last minute with everyone at full power at full defense buffs because I was an idiot and accidentally killed one of the last two too fast. It was disheartening.
If you have trouble, whip out the Windows calculator program thing and input in their health, keep track of it throughout the battle. This should make it pretty hard to lose if you can kill two of them already. I can't remember their health values though, I think the one that takes more damage easily has like 250,000 and the other has less.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #873 on: January 03, 2010, 03:50:22 AM »
The one I managed to kill was the one with the most HP (I believe it was 240,000), so I'm pretty confident I can win right now. That said, I still need to grind a bit more because I just now realized how far behind Alice was in SKP points, not to mention I should find a high-MDef replacement for drunken bitch and bring HER up to par, since right now the drunken one isn't much help in the fight (I'm thinking of probably Minoriko so that green bitch has some help on the healing front).

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #874 on: January 03, 2010, 04:43:28 AM »
I am ashamed in myself, yet I feel like a genius. I really, really hate this grindwall. It's going to take longer to level up than it was to get to this point. I have... better things to do with 150 hours of my life than kill the same set of enemies over and over for increasingly insignificant amounts of EXP.

So... I did... that...  :'(

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #875 on: January 03, 2010, 04:56:12 AM »
Did... what?  (I agree with you though, I ended up quitting and starting up Disgaea 2.  Hooray for trading out one grindfest JRPG for another.)
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #876 on: January 03, 2010, 05:00:39 AM »
The game is great, but yeah, I don't like grindfesting myself much either. I think when I reach a satisfactory level for myself, I'll just start a new game and play with characters I didn't play before.

Milkyway64

« Reply #877 on: January 03, 2010, 05:09:15 AM »
I made a cheat engine table for each character's EXP. I gave myself a 100,000,000 EXP boost for each character, which was about 50 levels in 15 minutes.

I beat Bloody Papa and Hibachi ver.2, but Centura Beast still tanks and I lost.

EDIT: Actually, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced this is a good idea in moderation. I play games to have fun. Grinding can be somewhat, but not in such mass amounts. Leveling just enough to keep it challenging sounds like a great way to finish this and not have it feel like Prison.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 05:56:11 AM by Milkyway64 »

« Reply #878 on: January 03, 2010, 06:20:31 AM »
ARG!!!

Spoiler:
Kaguya just used Hourai Barrage COMPLETELY RANDOMLY.

Seriously, I kept track of her HP... she was nowhere near her deathbed (she had taken about 90k damage out of her ~120k) and Eirin was still alive and kicking (as was Reisen) and she just randomly whipped out her instakill move COMPLETELY OUT OF NOWHERE. This fight is lost...

EDIT:
HOLY SHIT I ACTUALLY WON.

Spoiler:
Turns out Kaguya had a lot less HP than I thought. She took out Tenshi, Reimu, and basically everyone but Ran, who only lived long enough to bring out Meiling, who brought out Patchy (who lost all her SP earlier and only had about 125 SP restored at this point), Iku, and Alice. I was even stupid enough to use Alice's Little Legion, which led to Kaguya casting Buddha's Stone Bowl. Nitori was running out of HP, so I swapped in Iku. Iku's Oarfish Swimming Shot finished Kaguya since she had less HP than I thought (or the last two digits in the damage I was dealing that I ignored while writing down their health (I used an actual pad and paper) made that big a difference, either way it explains the random Hourai Barrage), with Silent Selene and Return Inanimateness nuking Eirin while I hoped and prayed that it would finish her before she managed to cast Astronomical Entombing.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:35:50 AM by AlexX »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #879 on: January 03, 2010, 06:45:57 AM »
Congrats :D

I was just typing a tip for you and then you got it :P That truly was a BS battle huh? I say this consider the size of your "holy **** I actually won" line, and your wording of that very line:P

« Reply #880 on: January 03, 2010, 06:49:12 AM »
Congrats :D

I was just typing a tip for you and then you got it :P That truly was a BS battle huh? I say this consider the size of your "holy **** I actually won" line, and your wording of that very line:P
Considering I ended up eating one of the two insta-partykillers *AND* had to suffer the team using their huge buff, I was honestly convinced it was over. However, I kept going anyway, even though the team kept taking gradual damage with no way for me to heal it (I was left with Meiling as my lone source of healing... the people I mentioned after the nuke were literally all I had left alive).

I guess it just goes to show you: its not over 'til its over.

Milkyway64

« Reply #881 on: January 03, 2010, 06:55:03 AM »
I guess it just goes to show you: its not over 'til its over.

Reminds me of my
Spoiler:
Suwako
victory. Down to Remilia with no SP. Standard attack for less than 5000 finished her.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #882 on: January 03, 2010, 07:05:02 AM »
Spoiler:
When I won, I only had Marisa, I think it was Marisa, and Chen out, with Ran in the Rear trying desperatly to get SP back, I had only Eirin to defeat, about to get her 1st turn after Kaguya went down, Flight of Idaten saved the day for me as well as 1 Magic Missle:P

Also, my most recent attempt to beat Mokou was abyssmal as *HELL*. Fugiwara Volcano Eruption, or whatever it's called... highest damage was **11,500** or so to Chen, lowest was *6,000* or so to Remilia! Meiling and Remi both have 4200~ HP, I have 0 chance of surviving that attack >.< I can't do SHIT about her for now T.T

I also got "Yuyoko'd" early... I ran right into her, by accident, she killed me. Her opener KO'ed Marisa from sheer damage and Reimu from DTH effect, Remi and Sanae live with 600~ and 360~ HP each then just when I thought it couldn't get ANY worse, it did, Soul Stream HP killed Sanae and left Remi with abotu 100-200 HP, then Flux of Yomotsu Hirasaka DTH'ed 2 people and HP killed Remi and someone else.

To sum that all up, I got wrecked up by 1 fight, and the other was a Personal New Record in my "Fastest Game Over Yet" catagory xD >_>  :'(

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #883 on: January 03, 2010, 07:18:28 AM »
Regarding 12F optional, the fact that it instakilled you is kinda the point.  She's one of a few bosses who thrive on the desperation gimmick, although, unlike 12F story boss, the desperation nuke comes with significantly greater warning.  When she uses
Spoiler:
Resurrection
(spoiled out because it's one of those things that gives away the character :P), she's almost out of HP, but she'll start nuking you with her next turn.  I don't know how much HP she'll still have, but if you can save Marisa, you can try Sparking her before you get nuked.  Other bosses with a similar tactic that you may want to be wary of are (spoiled out in case you -want- to be surprised when you fight a long boss fight only to be nuked by something you weren't prepared for)
Spoiler:
6F Bloodstained Seal and 24F optional.  Maybe more that I've forgotten, but those are the two that are coming to mind right now.

« Reply #884 on: January 03, 2010, 08:32:58 AM »
I guess since I'm getting closer I'd better ask about a character I pretty much want on my team no matter what...

Spoiler:
Orin. What, exactly, are the requirements to getting her? Going by previous posts and the way the events in the story have gone so far I'm going to assume use of Yuyuko is required. I used the characters listed on the first page for getting her a decent bit, but I'm not sure if I used Youmu enough (I've currently only gotten the events for Rumia and Chen for Yuyuko, and I may have gotten the Patchy one but I can't remember...), not to mention I'm not 100% sure where all the events I'm looking for are located, so I want to be absolutely sure I don't miss anything to get her.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #885 on: January 03, 2010, 08:44:17 AM »
To sum that all up, I got wrecked up by 1 fight, and the other was a Personal New Record in my "Fastest Game Over Yet" catagory xD >_>  :'(

Yup, build up a team specifically for that fight and pump DTH resistance nice and high (At least 30; 40+ on your starting team + high MND to deal with the opener).

I guess since I'm getting closer I'd better ask about a character I pretty much want on my team no matter what...
Spoiler:
9F: An event with Rumia
10F-12F: I forget where exactly, but theres an event for Youmu, Patchy, and Chen.
The above events DISAPPEAR if you've used the character enough, after viewing them - if it remains, put the character in your active party for a bit.
Afterwards,
14F: Fight and defeat Yuyuko.  Then chase down Orin.  Meeting 1 is easy; meeting 2 and 3 she throws a minor boss at you... round 4 she....  Uh, good luck.  You'll know what I mean.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #886 on: January 03, 2010, 08:53:29 AM »
Recommended level and prep for 14F bitch 2? I'm sure I'm way overlevelled since I'm dealing fine with 16F mobs.

« Reply #887 on: January 03, 2010, 08:54:35 AM »
Yup, build up a team specifically for that fight and pump DTH resistance nice and high (At least 30; 40+ on your starting team + high MND to deal with the opener).
Spoiler:
10F-12F: I forget where exactly, but theres an event for Youmu, Patchy, and Chen.
The above events DISAPPEAR if you've used the character enough, after viewing them - if it remains, put the character in your active party for a bit
These spoilertags are starting to get annoying...Happen to have any idea for the specific location for the switch floor ones? I'm kinda steamed at having to deal with that stupid puzzle to try and access everything and would rather not have to deal with it any more than absolutely necissary...

EDIT: Any help for floor 13? I got the last clue, but
Spoiler:
activating 1 and deactivating 5, otherwise not touching the stone formation from the previous pattern
doesn't seem to be working...

EDIT2: Starting to think I should make aquabitch a permanent member of my team. Her Illusion Waterfall can literally one-shot absolutely any random enemy on the floor. The only reason she can't solo the whole freaking thing on her own is because she needs people to draw fire away for when the stupid swordfish and poison moths attack before even Chen can attack them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:54:46 AM by AlexX »

« Reply #888 on: January 03, 2010, 10:18:37 AM »
Recommended level and prep for 14F bitch 2? I'm sure I'm way overlevelled since I'm dealing fine with 16F mobs.

14F #2 is actually one of the best characters for dealing with 16F mobs oddly.

She can crash your game if you leave the front spot open, so don't. With the right setup, you should have a permanent fixture there anyway; Put 10F optional in the front, buff her fire resistance up to 200+, give her a ribbon, keep her def and mnd buffs above ~20% always, and she's basically invincible to everything 14F #2 can do. After that, it's just a matter of switching in/using your other characters to either demolish her or slowly whittle away at her depending on your level.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #889 on: January 03, 2010, 05:57:54 PM »
For the events, I only remember that Youmu's event requires you to turn the red switch off and go through a route right next to the F12 relay point.  I also know that Patchy and Chen's events were -prior- to the F12 relay point, not after it, so... that's something at least.  Check your map?

As for F13, there's a list of teleporter locations on the wiki.  It's worth using to get good stuff.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #890 on: January 03, 2010, 07:38:02 PM »
Can someone inform me what's the average level nescessary to defeat Palm sigil guardian at 19F? Some strategies would be also accepted. I mean, that boss is insane, he casts Ether Flare and obilerates your entire party! Not to mention his speed.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #891 on: January 03, 2010, 08:27:11 PM »
Can someone inform me what's the average level nescessary to defeat Palm sigil guardian at 19F? Some strategies would be also accepted. I mean, that boss is insane, he casts Ether Flare and obilerates your entire party! Not to mention his speed.

You just keep trying and get lucky.. No I'm serious. Just hope he doesn't cast ether flare after a recent magic jitsu and you win. IF HE DOES (did for me like 20 times in a row), you'll probably get owned no matter how much you level grind. I mean, I beat all 4 bloodstained seal guardians, final boss was a joke, level grinded at level 20 alot, got awsome gear. Tried boss rush mode again at like level 190 or something crazy high (For that boss), and it STILL 1-shot some of my guys with that stupid ass jitsu/flare combo. dumb dumb dumb boss.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #892 on: January 03, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
You just keep trying and get lucky.. No I'm serious. Just hope he doesn't cast ether flare after a recent magic jitsu and you win. IF HE DOES (did for me like 20 times in a row), you'll probably get owned no matter how much you level grind. I mean, I beat all 4 bloodstained seal guardians, final boss was a joke, level grinded at level 20 alot, got awsome gear. Tried boss rush mode again at like level 190 or something crazy high (For that boss), and it STILL 1-shot some of my guys with that stupid ass jitsu/flare combo. dumb dumb dumb boss.

I understand, but can you tell me how much damage you must deal to defeat him? I mean, I will try to do it in 1 Turn. (If possible) with my strongest attackers, Flandre, Yuugi, Patchouli (silent serene) and Youmu (Eternal Slash). I'm around level 120 already, And it's still not enough to beat him.

EDIT. I finally did it! Woohoo!!! I followed your counsel and it worked! You won a cookie. <3
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 08:48:02 PM by Sashiromiya Sasha »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #893 on: January 03, 2010, 09:49:54 PM »
Check your map?
Well, I'm trying to remember what event markers are just switches and switch points... It's looking like I got them all, but I guess I'll find out for sure once I hit floor 14.

As for F13, there's a list of teleporter locations on the wiki.  It's worth using to get good stuff.
Unfortuately, all it tells me is where to go to find X items. Its worthless for helping me try to figure out the puzzle, because its not finding the memo thats the problem for me; its figuring out what it means when the obvious solution isn't working.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:07:37 PM by AlexX »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #894 on: January 03, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
All that tells me is where to go to find X items. Its worthless for helping me try to figure out the puzzle, because its not finding the memo thats the problem for me; its figuring out what it means when the obvious solution isn't working.
The clue you found is part of the solution to get to the next floor. All clues either completely tell you what to do, or are a piece of the combination to get to the next floor.

By the way, if you just want to skip the rest of this floor,
Spoiler:
the combination is binary number 77
. Too lazy to actually figure out which combination equals that, but its not hard to do so.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #895 on: January 04, 2010, 12:39:19 AM »
You sure about that? I tried to put in that combination, but all it led me to was an area with a chest containing a Holy Win.. useful, I admit, but it didn't even give me a memo to hint where the go next... =V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #896 on: January 04, 2010, 12:59:47 AM »
You sure about that? I tried to put in that combination, but all it led me to was an area with a chest containing a Holy Win.. useful, I admit, but it didn't even give me a memo to hint where the go next... =V
Really? Maybe you did it wrong... have
Spoiler:
2, 5, and 6 off. The rest should be on.

« Reply #897 on: January 04, 2010, 02:16:35 AM »
Yeah, it worked that time... I guess I messed it up before.

Defeated the seal boss I wasn't aware I was going to be facing just fine. Ran into newbitch, so I guess I really did find all those events on the annoying floors. Still set a new record for "fastest death ever" though, since bitch from the 12th floor died from the sheer damage of the opener and the remaining three (bitch from the 10th floor, other bitch from the 12th floor, and aquabitch, to be exact) died from the DTH effect. Glad it was immediately after a save...

Whats the reccomended level for taking her on? Team is only about level 65/66 right now (assuming Reimu's level is the average), so I'm pretty sure I'm a tad behind in level.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #898 on: January 04, 2010, 08:04:59 AM »
Spoiler:
***THE VICTOR*** at 15 times beaten only

No hax

FINAL DESTINATION.

(everyone is level 1500)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #899 on: January 04, 2010, 09:22:12 AM »
Spoiler:
***THE VICTOR*** at 15 times beaten only

No hax

FINAL DESTINATION.

(everyone is level 1500)

err is 1500 the cap or something? Also did you cheat to do that faster? I mean I can't imagine how you could possibly have th etime to go from 600 to 1500 in the short time that you did while also having the time to play Valkarie sky and who knows what else *boggle*.

If not how many hours of played do you have, and how many battles?