Author Topic: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread  (Read 318102 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread
« Reply #570 on: December 20, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »

« Reply #571 on: December 20, 2009, 11:52:44 PM »

-what-.
She slowed me down so bad she could move more than once before CHEN could attack her. Don't judge me. =V

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Chaore

« Reply #572 on: December 20, 2009, 11:54:59 PM »
I'll judge as I like. >: <!

Shes by far one of the easier bosses, And I don't even know why Affinity would be much of a problem with the starting set...

« Reply #573 on: December 20, 2009, 11:56:54 PM »
Admittantly Paralysis activating far more often than it should have was a bigger issue, but she *DID* do a lot more damage with her attacks than she should have been able to. She could often reduce Meiling to double-digits.

EDIT: I wouldn't say affinities were the problem, per se, because aside from Chen (who is made of cardboard and tin foil) they aren't bad in ice defense. However, I still had to boost it specifically to be able to take her attacks better. Same thing with floor 7 boss and fire defense.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:01:36 AM by AlexX »

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Chaore

« Reply #574 on: December 21, 2009, 12:26:11 AM »
I'll honestly say that is a bit abnormal from my view, so I suppose I can't say if its common or not. Floor 7 in the first place is someone who kills you dead most of the time anyway. :V I'll admit they're a good way to cover for weak characters, But by no means are they seriously worry worthy.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #575 on: December 21, 2009, 02:14:14 AM »
I'll honestly say that is a bit abnormal from my view, so I suppose I can't say if its common or not. Floor 7 in the first place is someone who kills you dead most of the time anyway. :V I'll admit they're a good way to cover for weak characters, But by no means are they seriously worry worthy.

The difference between 50 and 100 Affinity is half damage (200% damage -> 100% damage)
The difference between 100 and 200 is half damage again (100% -> 50%)
But the next halving of damage is from 200 to 400 (50% -> 25%)

In other words, the first leap of affinity can actually be some pretty major damage reduction, but it won't be until you're hitting Plus Disk levels of damage that beyond-200-ish levels of affinity are going to make all that huge of a difference.  Meanwhile though, actually using a bit of affinity equipment can give a bigger boost than general MND or DEF boosting equipment in the earlier levels, when dealing with something you can't negate down to nothing (Like the FOE's hellfire bullcrap).

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #576 on: December 21, 2009, 02:29:10 AM »
I found hong to be more difficult than Alice personally >=P. Then there's chen, who did 0 the whole fight lol. But the only mk2 bosses that I felt were noticeably more difficult than the others were
Spoiler:
flandre, and yukari
. You should try the bloodstained seal guardians too. Bear in mind there is a secret portal thingie in the top left hand corner of floor 9 I think it was, which you can only access with 2 stars, leading to a bloodstained seal you would not have discovered until now. That's probably the last one you can take on, maybe the floor 20 one too, though I found that one to be approximately as difficult as the first spoiler character (not the 2nd, the 2nd was definately the roughest by far).

Yeah. At level 200 from farming diamond knights for the drop I swear they don't have, the other 4 blood stained seals were nothing. Well, the last one killed me about five times before I coordinated their deaths to AT LEAST be a few turns from one another. However, the first boss on floor 21...

What level is recommended for the boss rush redux? I didn't make it on my last attempt, thanks largely in part to Hong going berserk on Reimu. >_>

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #577 on: December 21, 2009, 03:45:14 AM »
Well my reimu is still only 190. so beats me.. I'm a real slack leveler.. stopped playing this game really after I did everything but the mk2 bossrush and discovered the floor 21 boss 1shots me... gah I hate leveling. not just leveling, but on the same floor that I've already seen for like 50 levels to boot, since leveling on floor 21 is just foolish compared to 20.

sure seems like you can only get 1 drop per enemy on floor 20 though, I have yet to get a 2nd anything.

Pretty sure boss rush mk2 is out of the question for us for awhile though, if only for final boss mk2.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 03:48:50 AM by Ghaleon »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #578 on: December 21, 2009, 05:00:52 AM »
Yeah. At level 200 from farming diamond knights for the drop I swear they don't have, the other 4 blood stained seals were nothing. Well, the last one killed me about five times before I coordinated their deaths to AT LEAST be a few turns from one another. However, the first boss on floor 21...

What level is recommended for the boss rush redux? I didn't make it on my last attempt, thanks largely in part to Hong going berserk on Reimu. >_>
Well my reimu is still only 190. so beats me.. I'm a real slack leveler.. stopped playing this game really after I did everything but the mk2 bossrush and discovered the floor 21 boss 1shots me... gah I hate leveling. not just leveling, but on the same floor that I've already seen for like 50 levels to boot, since leveling on floor 21 is just foolish compared to 20.

You'll be glad to know that the recommended level for the F21 boss is 210.

...And after that initial hurdle, up until F29 at least, the 'level growth' for the exploration of the Plus Disk is actually fairly nice and steady (220 for F22, 230+ for F23, etc. etc.)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 05:03:39 AM by Garlyle »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #579 on: December 21, 2009, 05:10:07 AM »
You'll be glad to know that the recommended level for the F21 boss is 210.

...And after that initial hurdle, up until F29 at least, the 'level growth' for the exploration of the Plus Disk is actually fairly nice and steady (220 for F22, 230+ for F23, etc. etc.)

Thank goodness. over 50 levels for 1 floor is too much =P

Milkyway64

« Reply #580 on: December 21, 2009, 05:16:23 AM »
Thank goodness. over 50 levels for 1 floor is too much =P

Try 300 for floor 30 from floor 29.  :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #581 on: December 21, 2009, 05:30:25 AM »
Try 300 for floor 30 from floor 29.  :V

Isn't that for the secret optional non story related boss though? That's somewhat forgiveable. That's like using prinny baal as a guide to what level you need to beat the story in disgaea, which is just no.

Milkyway64

« Reply #582 on: December 21, 2009, 05:38:08 AM »
Since I'm about 210 right now, I went and gave it a shot. This thing is a taaaaaaank. It just did not deem to die no matter how much I wailed on it, eventually ending in me losing.

Back to getting this god forsaken sword I guess. I swear if it does not drop by the end of the night, it does not exist. Period.

« Reply #583 on: December 21, 2009, 05:45:51 AM »
Kay, fully explored 16F except for the Sigil warps, and now I'm at the point where every boss I can fight just rapes me. There is the 15F optional, 15F Lily Sigil Guardian, and the 16F boss. Well, I'm working on getting the battle points to fight the second 12F optional too, but not there yet.

Anyway, Reimu Lv72, am I right that I just need to grind like 10 levels or am I doing it wrong? Because I'm really not looking forward to that x_X

Now that I beat the 15F and 16F bosses (with a party around your level) I'm able to offer some advice.

You definitely don't need to grind for the 16F boss. Debuffs always hit, so you should make use of them. Also, Chen just destroys this boss; she and Remilia took out the boss singlehandedly after her 2nd Djinn Storm. I didn't even bother with Master Spark. It also helps that Chen is partially immune to Djinn Storm, in that her mana isn't reduced to 0 but rather only reduced by a bit more than half (can someone else replicate this?).

You may need to grind a bit for the 15F optional. I got lucky with a PAR after the boss went into her final phase, which made the fight easier. The boss' final attack did 0 damage to Tenshi down to +50% def/mnd, so I used her to switch Remilia in and out for spears to finish off the boss.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #584 on: December 21, 2009, 06:00:54 AM »
Tried 21f boss at 202. Don't know how good I was doing since you can't see hp. How the @%#@#% does demon slashing dance work? it 1shot tenshi with 100% buffs ffs. Other times it hits for peanuts. It's seriously the only thing preventing me from downing this guy. It also nailed remi who just cursed for 60k....It's a stupid move.

update:

Tried again. I'm pretty sure demon slashing dance does more damage based on the boss' health, the less health, the more it hurts. I had everything under control when bam, 70k demon slashing dance.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 06:17:56 AM by Ghaleon »

Milkyway64

« Reply #585 on: December 21, 2009, 08:44:05 AM »
Floor 22 sigil boss beaten. It took about an hour of constant wailing/healing. I was never in any real danger, as Reimu could undo the damage often enough despite magic drain being spammed.

Not really hard, but I swaer this thing had upwards of 10,000,000 HP.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #586 on: December 21, 2009, 10:01:48 AM »
Floor 22 sigil boss beaten. It took about an hour of constant wailing/healing. I was never in any real danger, as Reimu could undo the damage often enough despite magic drain being spammed.

Not really hard, but I swaer this thing had upwards of 10,000,000 HP.

how bout floor 21 one? I'm able to fight it juuust fine.. then wham. 80k+ full party demon dance.. wtf. I just had a full health hong and tenshin both get owned by the same move, tenshin was in slot 2, and was at 80% def/mnd. this is seriously annoying, because the fight is otherwise manageable.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #587 on: December 21, 2009, 10:23:24 AM »
Haven't made any progress at all with work getting busy. Only looking to get onto 16F by this weekend.

Milkyway64

« Reply #588 on: December 21, 2009, 01:49:30 PM »
how bout floor 21 one? I'm able to fight it juuust fine.. then wham. 80k+ full party demon dance.. wtf. I just had a full health hong and tenshin both get owned by the same move, tenshin was in slot 2, and was at 80% def/mnd. this is seriously annoying, because the fight is otherwise manageable.

Well, I am on floor 25 and still can't take the floor 21 boss. Granted, I'm not kicking anything around up here either. (SUPER FAST 40,000 PARTY WIDE ATTACKS WHAT) Still, it's nice running around collecting items and stuff.

It might- MIGHT be easier to power level up here though depending on how
Spoiler:
Flandre and Rinnosuke
tear through normal encounters. Last battle I won gave upwards of 80,000 EXP and a decent amount of skill points.

EDIT: And what do you know, they work together like a charm. Easy, instant 120,000 EXP per battle. :V
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:04:02 PM by Milkyway64 »

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #589 on: December 21, 2009, 02:31:30 PM »
Up to a Lv135 Reimu, reached the relay point on 20F, and went back and beat the sealed monsters on 1F and 6F.  1F is definitely like the Foes in that, once you're strong enough to survive "that one attack", you're good.  I liked that they gave you access to it at the beginning of the game, because seeing yourself get your ass kicked by Needle Parade with a Lv5 party makes it all the more sweeter when you come back for revenge.

I was also planning to ask what the hell the 1F sealed monster's name actually is, until I saw Reimu's fourth-wall breaking comment after the fight (as if there weren't enough fourth-wall breaking comments throughout the game already).  I loled, then decided it was best to leave its full name a mystery.

Now time to run circles around 20F while Sparking the ever-loving hell out of anything that moves.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #590 on: December 21, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
Well, I am on floor 25 and still can't take the floor 21 boss. Granted, I'm not kicking anything around up here either. (SUPER FAST 40,000 PARTY WIDE ATTACKS WHAT) Still, it's nice running around collecting items and stuff.

It might- MIGHT be easier to power level up here though depending on how
Spoiler:
Flandre and Rinnosuke
tear through normal encounters. Last battle I won gave upwards of 80,000 EXP and a decent amount of skill points.

EDIT: And what do you know, they work together like a charm. Easy, instant 120,000 EXP per battle. :V

I think you may be fighting the wrong target then: There's... something like four bosses on F21, and only one is for level 210.  The others are for 260-300+, I think.  @_@

Milkyway64

« Reply #591 on: December 21, 2009, 02:59:04 PM »
I think you may be fighting the wrong target then: There's... something like four bosses on F21, and only one is for level 210.  The others are for 260-300+, I think.  @_@

Baal Avatar? Nope. He's still a warhorse.

Though I think I'm getting a strat that involves a full powered spark and
Spoiler:
Flandre
popping out and going to town when my intuition says it is nearly dead.

Level 230ish.

« Reply #592 on: December 21, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »
On 2F, I accidentally bumped into
Spoiler:
Youmu
because I'm always walking too fast in corridors. I wasn't prepared at all, as most characters had only half their SP or below left. I switched out a lot, did some nice damage, killed her
Spoiler:
ghostly half
, everybody was defeated one after the other, and I ended up with Remilia alone. With remains of Curse of Vlad Tepes and Hakurei Border she resisted like 10 turns, but then she ran out of SP and only had 50 HP left.

So I used Attack. And I won  :V
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #593 on: December 21, 2009, 05:04:30 PM »
Back to getting this god forsaken sword I guess. I swear if it does not drop by the end of the night, it does not exist. Period.

It exists. *happydance
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #594 on: December 21, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »
Is
Spoiler:
Flandre
actually a really nice character? I just got her (lol 10F bitch taking 0 damage and switching a nuker in and out), and she can deal Master Spark-esque damage, but... basically any magical attack will 0hko her, her DEF is pretty sucky too, and her better skills involve lowering the Active Gauge on your party members so you can't just switch her out before she gets hit.

You definitely don't need to grind for the 16F boss. Debuffs always hit, so you should make use of them.
Ooooh, this is so helpful. Suddenly I can make it to her Final Form without much trouble. I'll be beating her soon ;3 Lv76 Reimu atm
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 05:11:59 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Milkyway64

« Reply #595 on: December 21, 2009, 05:22:55 PM »
Is
Spoiler:
Flandre
actually a really nice character? I just got her (lol 10F bitch taking 0 damage and switching a nuker in and out), and she can deal Master Spark-esque damage, but... basically any magical attack will 0hko her, her DEF is pretty sucky too, and her better skills involve lowering the Active Gauge on your party members so you can't just switch her out before she gets hit.

One of my MVPs, I'd say. Leveling without her is just wrong (Nobody needs an active gauge when the opposition is DEAD.) and boss fights are made easier by switching her in and using her single-target attack until she dies. Seems a bit wasteful, but if I get lucky she can shave through one million HP before the boss decides it wants her dead. Then it's back to Alice. :V

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #596 on: December 21, 2009, 05:44:33 PM »
Let's see...spammed fights on floor 1 for about 20-30 minutes with characters needed to unlock the other 12F bitch I haven't gotten yet.

Ok, so it's basically the same as the 7F and 8F bosses.  This should be easy for 10F bitch, Meiling, and Remilia to tank the opener and do it like I always have (With Wriggle providing PSN status when an opening was available of course).

Nothing should go wr...h-hey you aren't supposed to do Flowing Hellfire for 2 more turns what the christ oh god Remi and Patchy went down.

Yeah, this one wises up around halfway through and can start using Flowing Hellfire randomly...I think.  Yeah that was NOT cute.

Somehow I got lucky.  Mainly because 5F optional bitch could somehow survive Flowing Hellfire at full HP...and have only double digit HP remaining, meaning she could do dmg with her first spell.  Between that, tagging in 8F healer bitch to patch what I could up (Yeah, Reimu bit it as I was trying to get everyone healed), and reapplying Wriggle's Comet on Earth's PSN effect, I lived to the end of the fight.

I've only got 15F optional bitch and 16F boss left to conquer now.  Wonder which one I should shoot for first.  I'd personally like to get the 15F optional bitch first just because, but I wonder if the required grinding would overlevel me for the 16F boss.

Choices, choices.

Anyways, one last thing to talk about.  Regarding the Lily Sigil guardian, well...I'm not sure if I just got terribly unlucky or what, but apparently 7F girl's 3rd skill, the one that causes a ton of debuffs and statuses, apparently pissed the guardian off because the party got a 10k Huge Earthquake in the face (Not Huge Tremor Strike, that's a different skill it has).  Not pretty.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Milkyway64

« Reply #597 on: December 21, 2009, 06:20:07 PM »
Let's see...spammed fights on floor 1 for about 20-30 minutes with characters needed to unlock the other 12F bitch I haven't gotten yet.

Ok, so it's basically the same as the 7F and 8F bosses.  This should be easy for 10F bitch, Meiling, and Remilia to tank the opener and do it like I always have (With Wriggle providing PSN status when an opening was available of course).

Nothing should go wr...h-hey you aren't supposed to do Flowing Hellfire for 2 more turns what the christ oh god Remi and Patchy went down.

Yeah, this one wises up around halfway through and can start using Flowing Hellfire randomly...I think.  Yeah that was NOT cute.

Somehow I got lucky.  Mainly because 5F optional bitch could somehow survive Flowing Hellfire at full HP...and have only double digit HP remaining, meaning she could do dmg with her first spell.  Between that, tagging in 8F healer bitch to patch what I could up (Yeah, Reimu bit it as I was trying to get everyone healed), and reapplying Wriggle's Comet on Earth's PSN effect, I lived to the end of the fight.

I've only got 15F optional bitch and 16F boss left to conquer now.  Wonder which one I should shoot for first.  I'd personally like to get the 15F optional bitch first just because, but I wonder if the required grinding would overlevel me for the 16F boss.

Choices, choices.

Anyways, one last thing to talk about.  Regarding the Lily Sigil guardian, well...I'm not sure if I just got terribly unlucky or what, but apparently 7F girl's 3rd skill, the one that causes a ton of debuffs and statuses, apparently pissed the guardian off because the party got a 10k Huge Earthquake in the face (Not Huge Tremor Strike, that's a different skill it has).  Not pretty.

Yeah, try not to debuff it. It seems much tamer when fighting fair.

And yeah, go for floor 15 optional. When you can take her, go take her out leveling for a few minutes and get used to her. Then go destroy floor 16 boss.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #598 on: December 21, 2009, 06:22:34 PM »
Yeap I'm glad I made it to the 2nd 15F waypoint. Saves me on a heck of a lot of escaping from battles.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #599 on: December 21, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »
Yeah, try not to debuff it. It seems much tamer when fighting fair.

And yeah, go for floor 15 optional. When you can take her, go take her out leveling for a few minutes and get used to her. Then go destroy floor 16 boss.

Probably should have mentioned I that already beat the Lily Sigil guardian yesterday, just forgot to mention it in that last post.

And floor 15 optional eh?  Alrighty then, grind time I'd say.  I think my Reimu's like low 70s or so?  Can't remember right now.

Any little hints for that optional fight?  I'd assume lots of FIR boosting equips would be nice, but then I remember her pulling a Slash Dive outta nowhere for, like, 6k on Meiling I think one random lulzs attempt I tried several days ago.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4