Author Topic: Genius of Sappherios Zansyo/Weekend  (Read 168190 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Genius of Sappherios Zansyo/Weekend
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 11:41:21 AM »
^This.
I haven't gotten as far as you man, but even I can attest to Sakuya being better with 2-Handers.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 12:37:19 PM »
I find Sakuya a lot more useful in that fight if you give her a Mambele (drops from THOSE damn Unseely Courts in stage 20, IIRC). Strong enough for your JtRs to deal good damage, slayer on the three goddesses (although only Anastasis is going to take a lot of damage form it) and if you get lucky enough to carry her Last Word through the second form, BOY does she kick ass. Marisa's magic won't really deal any kind of amazing damage as you'd expect, also the near limitless MP pool she gets with a broom could help you with your problem. Mokou should be spamming Fujiyama Volcano on whoever doesn't resist strike/fire as you know, also as mentioned the Turtlesmasher really helps.

Also, I like how our parties are almost the same, with the difference being Aya instead of Satori for me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 03:23:53 PM »
Broom for more MP regen, if you're running out of MP you could even consider not using stronger stardusts if you need to. Keep in mind the nonspell cooldown in the Lasers tree covers stardusts too. Rod of Penitence probably has Magic Exorcism, that'd be why you're using it, I imagine; you'll be doing significantly less damage to Lithos with stardusts without it. But only orichalcum versions of the character's unique weapons have it... (Ingame it isn't listed on all of them, but they DO have it)

Sakuya's big damage comes from the fact that 2h swords and their +90 atk bonus in the skill tree is REALLY STRONG. However, orichalcum dagger has MP drain, and you have to actually worry about mp, so... (Mambele could be good as suggested, I wouldn't know)

Full Moon Revenge is actually kind of an eh attack once you get farther into the game. Her multihit nonspells deal a lot more damage per hit. (At least ones past her initial cheap one) So don't worry about that.

I don't think it's good to attack both Lithos AND Biotopos with magic; since their weakness elements are opposites, you end up draining your own land, and in turn reducing your own damage. I went for not attacking Lithos because she has a LOT more mdef -and-, more scarily, a lot more Divine Barrier; my attacks just plain didn't deal a lot of damage to her. But you -are- using Fujiyama Volcano, so... hrm.

Reimu with a gohei could have nice MP drain on physical to let her use lots of skills, but regardless of whether you went for a physical or magical build, her damage would probably be pretty eh, and I imagine she might be on support duty anyway.

If Satori has Mad Thunder that's probably too good to not use on Anastasis along with Self-Hypnosis. However it's fairly unlikely you'd actually have it. It's used by... monster 282 Zera Beetle? Buuuut, this is one of the stage 21 minibosses, and probably more trouble then it's worth, so don't worry about it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 04:30:54 PM »
I'd better not using Mad Thunder since I'm petrifying the two others monsters (reset if there's a boss).

Nonspell cooldown -1 in laser skill tree for stardusts aww yeaaaah.

About MP/bombs I'd better do fast damage because I use at least 1 bomb each loop (Shield Wall then Super Duplex Barrier for Anastasis, whatever she bomb or not), +1 for Reflect Wall if Lithos's decides to bomb refill.

Now some questions about farming :
- What's the fastest way to make mobs respawn ?
- Can we drop 2 weapons/armors/accessories or more ? Like, 3 yukkuri crowns.

Cor

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »
Fastest way to make mobs respawn? Run through more areas, I guess. I've heard it's linked to how many times you enter a dungeon, I'd just run through two dungeons, fighting some enemies and they'd respawn.

You can only have one of a specific item at once. If you use it to synthesize something else you can get another one as a drop, though.

Oh, and do kill every enemy the last boss throws at you, at least once, and then wipe out and go save. You'll never get their enemy data otherwise, and it'll be stuck on 99% forever. I learned through experience. Actually, I think the normal and lunatic forms of the last boss are different enemies as well, so you'll need to not go to the expansion after beating it once, then beat the other form.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 05:29:57 PM »
Go to the Hakurei Shrine, step on the magic circle, go out.
Repeat this 5 times, and the enemies will be fully respawned. Most of them.

You get an option to fight the Last Boss of the Main Story again even after moving to 残暑, so you don't have to worry about it. New feature in 週末.
Signature

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2012, 04:22:45 AM »
I've been looking at the walkthrough on the Touhou wiki again recently, since I intend to play the game again now that the English patch for Weekend is out, and among the significant amount of new information since the last time I was there (shortly after the Lingering Summer Heat English patch was released) is lists of treasure chests in each stage. Each list begins with something like this (example taken from the stage 3 page):

Number of Treasure Chests: 56 (20+36) Treasure Chest Percentage: 10.1% (13.5% in version 1.x)

Can someone explain a: the significance of the '20+36' part, and b: what the percentage part means?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 04:34:46 AM »
The 20 is how many chests you've opened prior to the area, and the 36 is how many you open IN the area. I think.
The percentage is how many of the game's chests you've opened so far. That I do know.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 04:46:06 AM »
@team setup:
Spoiler:
I suggest swapping Sanae with Satori, so that you can have a buffer for both teams.
A buffer would help out on your damage output. I would also not bother with
Spoiler:
Lithos
unless you plan to make the field full fire. You don't really want the field to be in the middle, you want a full field of one type.
If you think this will make fight 3 harder, you can always nullify the field on fight 2 before you start on fight 3.
Another possibility is to have Alice use the Yata no Kagami and have her use Little Legion. Yata no Kagami(I don't remember if you can get this yet) can block void damage, so you can survive the field absorb combo from boss 3. Or have Reimu use the barrier and hopefully she uses that skill that turn.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 05:47:30 AM »
The 20 is how many chests you've opened prior to the area, and the 36 is how many you open IN the area. I think.
The percentage is how many of the game's chests you've opened so far. That I do know.

Ah. Thanks.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2012, 05:55:28 AM »
This just in, the e-patch did indeed bork Xu Fu.
I tried a fresh install, and it had the regen. Patched does not.

EDIT: Disregard the bit about regen. It does have the regen on both versions, but there seems to be no last chance hitpoint in the patched version that I've noted.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:58:48 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 06:12:39 AM »
Then you should report that to the translation thread. http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,10383.540.html

Percentage of chests opened can be checked in the ingame records, which is why it's listed.

I agree that adding Sanae to the first party could be a good idea (It's what I did), but you could also possibly switch someone with Patch for better damage instead. If you null the field with her before you switch, there shouldn't be an issue; your final party has means to counteract the boss's super nuke if you need to (With Sanae/Alice/Byakuren/Nitoricommander all together in one party you seriously should have no issue not dying) and without Patch in my second party I still had no issues with her using it. Youmu takes her down so fast with her 100 exorcism god slaying katana, dark enchant, and proper buffs. (For that matter, having the land tilted towards Dark helps, but it's not needed, and she won't nuke if land is light/dark maxed.)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2012, 06:14:45 AM »
Well, I still have to run a few more tests, hence my use of 'seems'.
EDIT: After one such test on a 101 HP Marisa, I've concluded something. This spell does bugger-all for guys already down to 1 HP.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:16:56 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2012, 06:15:47 AM »
You can now craft the Kusanagi easily, so use that instead.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2012, 06:44:48 AM »
It'd probably actually be a better idea to give the Kusanagi to someone else for support damage.

Katana POW tree gives 33% increased critical damage and 10% critical chance, and Human stance gives a good bit of critical bonus as well, along with having an additional critical buff you can use when Youmu's lv60 last spell is on cooldown; so, with all those criticals, the 33% damage boost and 10% extra crit rate is DEFINITELY worth it. And yes, it's not just on paper, with the exception of just plain bad luck occuring, Youmu will crit a lot when set up for it and they deal an ungodly amount of damage.

Sword POW tree has an increase on elemental strength (dark weakness) and slayer effect, plus the Kusanagi has a bit better attack power, so there's that... but seriously, those crits deal a shitton of damage with Katana's, a shitton, it's probably better to go for those bonuses instead. And then with the Kusanagi on someone else you undoubtably get more damage out of things overall. (You can give it to someone in your first party if nothing else, it's got high attack power for that point in the game and that exorcism is VALUABLE right now as well, since orichalcum weapons are scarce.)

The two weapons have the same amount of damage bonus from foreign god slayer, for anyone curious. (And yes, slayer effects vary in amounts of damage bonus depending on what's giving it.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:50:21 AM by Serela »

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 08:03:15 AM »
Finally beat them after 4 hours of battle/retries.

About team 1 : Reimu Marisa Mokou Satori Sakuya (Aya)

Satori's petro breath too good, else anyone can die if monsters & boss decides to aim for one character.
Reflect Wall only reflects Lithos's charm not petrify, tricked me once.
Reimu too is useful, to counter Anastasis's and Lithos's bombs with barriers.
Sakuya sucks ... until buffed for her accuracy (her last word is so good, got it 2 times). But I think I could have used Nitori instead... because outside of her last word she still can't stop missing doing only about 0~1 hit each turn which deals 300 to Anastasis (weak slash), 150 to Bio and always miss Lithos.

But I think I could have made this battle way easier if I farmed POW for Mokou (+70 PATK) and Marisa (non-spellcard cd -1 in laser and broom trees).

About team 2 : Alice Youmu Byakuren Patchy Sanae (Nitori)

Even if it looks like best team or something I still got some deaths, Alice 2-3 times, Byakuren and Patchy.
Alice spamming earth guard for phase 2 then london doll on Youmu during phase 3 though I did it in one try but the last turn could have turned into nightmare if Youmu didn't finish the goddess because Alice was dead and Nitori's 3sc commander was still in cooldown.

.. Almost forgot : I didn't beat them with lv58-62 (I'm not crazy ...) but with lv65-68.

So uh, thanks for your help and I'll try to make monsters respawn so I can farm Yukkuri Kings again for new characters.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 09:03:21 AM »
(I'm not crazy ...)
I beat it with low lv5xs to lv62s XD Just a matter of how you do it. I didn't have Sanae or Patch in my second party, and used the first party to handle the second phase as well (And like two turns of the third since I needed them to eat an Elec land nuke via reraise, due to me using Elec to attack), but I was still nearly invincible regardless. The only issue was I needed a little luck in the second party with either Sanae's LW coming up once and/or doublecast/magic crit procs.

I think part of the reason my third phase party was that good was because I used Poison Shield formation with Alice in the front with the powerful Autobarrier spamming Parrar/Little Legion... and I let her take one turn off (Reimu used a super duplex and Nitori used a 3commander bomb) to cast Doll's War, which I think made a big diff with the shield buff. Minor damage was taken that Reimu could heal off easily, and Byakuren had several free turns to heal as well. Actually, Reimu and Aya (both second party members) were almost useless the entire time... XD With Sakuya being my commander in the first party and Mokou tanking/reraise'ing.

Doll's War definitely made a big difference for me I think.

Aya made sure an important buff/heal went first, at least, and Reimu provided said heals and extra insurance when I cast Doll's War, so they weren't totally dead weight... (Alice took a bit when little legion'ing sometimes, and Youmu's lv60 Last Spell casts fast so if she still needs a Byakubuff, well)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:05:17 AM by Serela »

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »
Hi, is anyone missing a Silver Key in the Netherworld? I only passed by one of them, yet there are 2 silver chests in the zone. Pretty sure I looked everywhere too. I haven't opened the chest nearest to Yuyu.

Wiki says its in West Cave-J (I should have this, a gold key and silver key in different sections of the same room)

There should've been another one in South-E, but all I have  to go on is 2 sections of the map that I can't get to... I've been looking for a place to walk through the wall, but none seem to exist...

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2012, 06:05:43 PM »
Today, I have defeated the Elder Dragon, a fight I postponed for a while because the wiki said it's the hardest, but it was surprisingly easy compared to the Spirit World Challenger. Lv99 Reimu and Sakuya really make a huge difference in that battle due to Quicktime and Neo Fantasy Heaven.
Some questions.
1. How do I get the missing recipes, like Vivan's Excalibur and other upgrades to stage 21 items? Do I need to do the last remaining side quest, or is it something else? I assume it's not in the bonus dunegon's treasure chest, which should contain 2 accessory recipes only?
2. Any ideas or suggestion on how to do the bonus dungeon other than the few points in the wiki, and what to expect in there? Even the first map is full of the hardest, 40+k HP monsters from the rest of the dungeon, so I'm worried about running out of MP. Marisa can regen MP well, so she is good for attacking, Reimu can also regen MP so she can be the healer (being immune to all status helps, too), but what about the rest? Sakuya won't be able to regen, so she'll run out and be useless or I'll only have 1-2k normal attacks VS 40k hp monsters. Mokou and Sanae will run out of bombs so I can't count on resurrection either. Alice might help tanking with Marionette, but even that has a (fortunately low) MP cost, and she doesn't have any MP regen ability I know about. I plan to level all characters to 99 before going in there, but I'm still worried about it. I might also need Aya for going first to avoid killing myself with reflect if there are monsters that cast Reflect Wall, and she'll also run out of MP without any MP regen.

Speaking about Silver Keys, I have 2 extra copies, one for stage 1 and stage 2 but I have opened all chests. Is there any bug that duplicates keys (like getting killed after opening the chest, perhaps) ?

Another question I never got an answer for, How does Gamer Fan work, do I need it on an active party member, or commander is ok? How much does it increase the droprate, should I bother with using it in Weekend now that the drop rates are already much better?

Speaking about the final boss of the non-expansion, crazy would be what I did, I used one party only for all 3 phases. They were around lv 80 though, and I had the luxury of having the Ice Sword for Sakuya. I wish I had recorded it, but I forgot and my characters are far too high level now to be worth doing it now.

Edit : I encountered a weird bug right now. I was doing Lithos's material quest and after switching the party to Lithos+Patchy as commander, I touched an enemy, and after that random encounter, got a quest completed message and the reward. Being confused about it, I ended up touching another random encounter, which was the 10 hairballs for the quest, but I'm not sure if got the quest reward for killing them (although I did get one more material from the drops and an adamantine shard.) The funny part is, the boss enemy icon for the quest was still there after these two battles. Fighting the boss icon gave me the correct enemies (the 10 hairballs again), and got the material reward again, too. So in the end, I got 3 Lizard Tails from one quest...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:38:19 PM by Seravy »

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2012, 11:53:39 PM »
Edit : I encountered a weird bug right now. I was doing Lithos's material quest and after switching the party to Lithos+Patchy as commander, I touched an enemy, and after that random encounter, got a quest completed message and the reward. Being confused about it, I ended up touching another random encounter, which was the 10 hairballs for the quest, but I'm not sure if got the quest reward for killing them (although I did get one more material from the drops and an adamantine shard.) The funny part is, the boss enemy icon for the quest was still there after these two battles. Fighting the boss icon gave me the correct enemies (the 10 hairballs again), and got the material reward again, too. So in the end, I got 3 Lizard Tails from one quest...
That happened to me with cirno.

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2012, 03:15:51 AM »
I've finally gotten back into this game.  I'd been playing it in Japanese before the patch, then once I got the English version working I wanted to start over (since I hadn't gotten too far) but got caught up in a few other things and never finished.  Once Weekend was announced, I decided to wait on that (though I'm playing on the original difficulty, I'm just happy to have stuff like easier learning Satori spells and getting drops).

So I start it up today, and Byakuren got 4 Last Words off while I was wandering around Stage 1.  Two of them hit 190%, one of which was during the fight with Koakuma.  Wow...I'm usually not this lucky.

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »
If Sanae's your leader, I can see why. She makes Last Words fire off more often.

Also, I have no idea what happened here, but when I got Youmu I maxed out her Katana proficiency. Now whenever I Last Word with Youmu, she'll periodically perform the Last Word AGAIN.  It's rare, but I was surprised when it first happened. 0.o

Still no luck with the damn missing silver key in the Netherworld, but ah well.

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2012, 06:39:07 PM »
No, Reimu was in the lead of the party and Aya was my commander.

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2012, 08:54:42 PM »
If Sanae's your leader, I can see why. She makes Last Words fire off more often.

Also, I have no idea what happened here, but when I got Youmu I maxed out her Katana proficiency. Now whenever I Last Word with Youmu, she'll periodically perform the Last Word AGAIN.  It's rare, but I was surprised when it first happened. 0.o

Still no luck with the damn missing silver key in the Netherworld, but ah well.
Youmu has "Physical attacks may be performed twice" in her growth tree I think. Most likely her Last Word counts as a physical attack.

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2012, 03:29:14 AM »
Yay, starting this up in a bit to then promptly sit around for Byakuren!

Just for clarification, would I have to make it easy mode or whatever to change drop rates and satori stuff? I'm unsure. Is there somewhere I can look for the changes from this and Summer Heat?

Thanks!

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 04:09:22 AM »
Drop and learning rates are higher in Weekend regardless of whether you enable easy mode or not.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 03:40:44 PM »
So I started a new game on this and ran into something rather damn amusing as I've never seen it happen before.

In Stage 1 in the room with the silver chest & key, I run into the fairy blocking something in the NE part of the room (Koakuma) and it just...disappears.  No battle, no anything.

So I figured I got off easy and decided to nuke every random in this room.

First random I pick on?  Koakuma surprises the team.  Ok what did not expect that one.  Pretty hilarious TBH.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »
I've seen a fairy disappear from the screen once as well, but it wasn't any special encounter.

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 03:40:54 PM »
... About Satori, are Bio, Comet and Punish the Judgement good ?

I learned Medoroa, Meteor, Medullite Beam, Dark Giga Flare and Cosmic Liner but only Medoroa is good, while Cosmic Liner is not that bad but it's a spell so when I'm using Starlight Barrier I have to wait 6 turns, meh.

Also tried melee Satori but Medoroa is just too good.

Oh and, I don't care about MP cost ... for now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »
I hear Bio is good for a cheap void skill, but I haven't actually used it, so I wouldn't know what it's power is. It's easy to learn though once you get near the end of expansion; those void enemies use it a lot and it's got like, 33% learn rate.

Punish the Judgment is -great-. It even ignores divine barrier if light land is maxed. Getting it is a bit of a doozy though; it's from a miniboss fight in the final stage, and after a bit, it will start -spamming- PtJ, and it -hurts-. You have to bring in a party specifically set up to take very heavy Light magic hits for many turns in a row, as the best way to beat it is probably waiting until it's out of MP, at least when you're first fighting it. And when I say heavy, I mean if you're unprepared everyone might take 1000+ damage. It's pretty great, though; there's a video of Satori being used as pretty much the only attacker against the EX final boss, spamming that skill.

Comet I'm not as sure how useful it is; I mean, it's pretty strong, but you've got a lot of other "pretty strong" skills, it's like a slightly weaker all-target bomb version of Medoroa iirc? There's Yukkuri applicants that might work, but you've got meteor and medoroa for hitting yukkuris, assuming they work for that, which I never tested, but I think they do... Dark Giga Flare similarly is more of a random battle spell, since you rarely need multi-target against a boss and Cosmic Liner is better for single-target.