Author Topic: Path of Radiance Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 121896 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 2-
« Reply #450 on: January 14, 2012, 07:47:09 AM »
I should be doing work, but I can't leave this here. -.-

I'm not sure what my case is yet. It's part gut, part little things like Conq asking Dormio if he has something against PX after Dormio just made a post with serious questions about PX.
I looked back, and this sounds like a misrep of what happened. Out of curiousity, are you talking about this post or this post?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #451 on: January 14, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »
You're all a bunch of wussies, by the way.

Still thinking Dormio is scummy, especially after ~Dormio defense force~ started swaying people to switch wagons for (initially) reasons completely unrelated to analysis.

Remember #355? Well, this comment now has an opposite meaning. Serela is town. I'm having a hard time picturing Scum!HW throwing this useless comment out there when he could get shit for it.

Shadoweh, where's the vig?

Scum!PX didn't occurr to me yet. Let me re-read.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #452 on: January 14, 2012, 10:55:31 AM »
I looked back, and this sounds like a misrep of what happened. Out of curiousity, are you talking about this post or this post?
The first one.

BT, Scum!What could easily have thrown out comments about who to kill in the case of Serela!scum if he knew it wouldn't happen and the targets wouldn't be considered valid. Why would he get in trouble for something impossible?

Going to sleep. I'll answer the question in the morning.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #453 on: January 14, 2012, 11:17:56 AM »
Warning - while you were typing 20 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Sorry for not posting earlier, but I'm here now!

You know, something is bothering me. That is:
If Dormio is scum, then his buddies probably thought they could save him even when he was very close to being lynched, given that he claimed Vanilla at a time where it looked like he was in a lot more danger than Serela (while scum could have tried to out a PR). I'm leaning town on him as a result of this, which means that I'm leaning town / town on yesterday's wagons as well.
HW's cases have all made perfect sense to me, and none of them have relied on gut, have they? HW's cases are all founded on logic without many assumptions, relying more in solid information and things that can be proved. Which is why the above statement kind of bothers me.
Here, we have HW explaining why he believes that I'm probably town, but this actually makes a pretty big assumption. What assumption is that, you may ask? Well, in order for this to make sense, scum needs to have daytalk, don't they? I mean, that phrase implies that scum would have the ability to get their other members to decide whether or not they could save each other, and therefore whether or not they should try to out a power role, no?
The fact that HW makes an assumption with something that only the scum would know seems really off to me.
@mod: Do scum have access to daytalk?

And so this caused me to look at HW's posts once more.

First thing that comes to mind is the whole thing with Shadoweh's vig claim whatnot.
Blah blah blah trying to dictate where the bulletaxe should go. Can be attributed to playstyle differences and whatnot. I dunno, it's just a thing.

I'm inclined to wonder why PX over the other people who switched to Serela? What of DrRawr?

Why does he feel the constant need to express disapproval of Trickysticks but noone else?

##Vote HW

In the meanwhile, I guess I'll also to be waiting for Shadoweh's explanation post and stuff.
Of course, I got cut by a Shadoweh that didn't really answer anything. :/
Don't really see the point in stalling when you've already claimed.

I'm tired and require sleep. Shit looks blurry, yo.

« Reply #454 on: January 14, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »
Daytalk usually seems to be the standard here, if not stated otherwise. I hadn't even considered that they might not have it until you said that, actually. Plus K4U is co-modding. ~mod meta~ (no that wasn't a serious point)

I don't know how to answer the PX and Tricky questions beyond "I think they're scummy". I haven't been disapproving of other players because people tend not to talk about how much they think their town reads and null reads are scum. I originally had DrRawr down as town because I didn't think his posts came from a perspective where they were coached by buddies, but now that you mention scum might not have daytalk, I don't really know. I'll have to re-read him tomorrow, though last I checked, I found his thought processes pretty transparently town regardless.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #455 on: January 14, 2012, 01:47:49 PM »
BT, Scum!What could easily have thrown out comments about who to kill in the case of Serela!scum if he knew it wouldn't happen and the targets wouldn't be considered valid. Why would he get in trouble for something impossible?
He would get in trouble for nomming vigshots, before Serela flipped. And he indeed has. So, yes, Scum!What knew that Serela was town so he knew that the targets weren't going anywhere. Then what's the point in naming them to begin with? It only serves to possibly get you in trouble and is useless otherwise. Unless HW is UncarefulRamblingScum!What (does this fit his meta?), this is illogical. On the other hand, Town!What doesn't know whether or not Serela is scum, so he makes the comment because it seems like a useful comment.

Reading PX. Only thing I'm seeing is Lazy!PX that voted Serela off of nothing to vote for, voted Dormio because he found a better vote and then getting convinced to switch back by Serela voters at the time. Kind of confused as to what the case on him consists of. You're making the assumption of Town!Dormio so that Scum!PX is indecisive between two town wagons? If you're taking allegiance-based assumptions to base a case off of, why don't you just assume Scum!PX and lynch him that way? ~_~ And his case on Serela was based off of his uselessness. EVERYONE's case on Serela was based off of his uselessness. Which is why that wagon was bad. I'm getting deja-vu and it's only been 36 hours. Why is PX scum?

I will also note that Conq is a huge null read at the moment. I am not happy with this.

I thought a re-read of PX would change my scumpick. It didn't. ##Vote Dormio

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #456 on: January 14, 2012, 04:00:24 PM »
That totally doesn't remind us of why you find Dormio scummy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #457 on: January 14, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
It doesn't.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #458 on: January 14, 2012, 04:11:22 PM »
Why aren't you explaining your case?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #459 on: January 14, 2012, 04:17:01 PM »
Scummy initial D1 and scummy reaction to the pubclaim, explained here and here respectively.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #460 on: January 14, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »
That's stale. Update your case.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #461 on: January 14, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »
##Vote: Dormio

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
Post cases fuxdamnit or else Imma demand to be NK'd.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #463 on: January 14, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
Both aspects of my case are still relevant.

There hasn't been anything of Town!Dormio behavior to make me reconsider my case.

Why does it need to be updated?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #464 on: January 14, 2012, 04:58:07 PM »
Your dismissal of the later posts in the day and of the new information (the flip) means you either haven't paid any attention to the game or it's inconvenient for your case to discuss them.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #465 on: January 14, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
Okay, so now that I'm seated comfortably and not just phoneposting, lemme start off by saying I don't really buy into "Conq = scum" by sole virtue of "wagon analysis": we have no indication yet that Dormio is scum beyond a shadow of a doubt, much as I would like to claim otherwise.

I take some issue with Huh What's opening logic for the day, in that:
If Dormio is scum, then his buddies probably thought they could save him even when he was very close to being lynched, given that he claimed Vanilla at a time where it looked like he was in a lot more danger than Serela (while scum could have tried to out a PR). I'm leaning town on him as a result of this, which means that I'm leaning town / town on yesterday's wagons as well
, which seems to clear Dormio based on the idea that his scumbuddies thought they could and succesfully did save him, were he scum. This makes no sense to me.

I express some mild annoyance at Shadoweh refusing to answer about her vig shot, but I suppose I'm not the only one doing ~gambits~, and I have my hunches.

To sum it up, between now and when I hate Dormio, nothing has changed overmuch to cause me to sway from Dormio. I still desire to see his lynch for the reasons mentioned before, and his case against HW today is pre-ambled with feigning something that is usually a given for "a huge assumption" Huh What has made while at the same time praising everything else Huh What's done (in that his cases are logical and understandable).

His case doesn't seem to indicate much scummy activity on HW's side either: from someone who just barely avoided getting lynched, I'd expect better at the start of D2 rather than some inquisitive pokes.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #466 on: January 14, 2012, 05:47:46 PM »
I draw no exciting conclusions from the flip. I've said somewhere before that I'm less attracted to a Serela wagon due to a severe lack of content to work with once the flip happens. Severe might not be the word, but this indeed did not significantly change my reads, besides what I noted earlier about HW.

I took note of both the HW case and the PX case. I am not convinced by either of them.

I took note of the other posts of the day. They do not change or add to my case.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #467 on: January 14, 2012, 05:52:14 PM »
I have questioned your case. You responded by attempting to misrep my case, following by changing the subject to the relevance of my case. Would you like to defend your own case?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #468 on: January 14, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »
Uh. Discred > misrep.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #469 on: January 14, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »
@mod: Do scum have access to daytalk?
Not answering this question.

Voting:
PX (2): Huh What, Pesco
Conq (2): Shadoweh, Zakeri
Huh What (1): Dormio
Dormio (2): BT, Bardiche

Not Voting: PX, Affinity, Conq, nurse rawr

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline for day 2 is in ~56 hours Watch timer here

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #470 on: January 14, 2012, 06:09:25 PM »
My case is for PX to defend himself against, unless you in it to defend him. His action mirrored something I once did as scum. It's a reasonable scum move to pretend they can't decide because they need to weigh up exactly which lynch will happen and tie themselves to the correct wagon. He doesn't try to help us by showing any thought being put into the decision. By that I mean a townie would analyse the cases on the wagons and be transparent about how they made their final choice.

You voted Dormio midway through D1 and then make little mention of him again thereafter. You don't push the case to define your stance. You don't make it known that you suspect anyone else or are even looking at other people. There are gaps between what happened that many hours ago and what's happening now. Those gaps need to be filled in.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #471 on: January 14, 2012, 06:38:08 PM »
You voted Dormio midway through D1 and then make little mention of him again thereafter.
I can find little posts of mine in the game that have not mentioned Dormio.
You don't push the case to define your stance.
What are #333, #334, #341, #34 and #368 then? What am I doing now, then?
You don't make it known that you suspect anyone else or are even looking at other people.
Each and every one of my bigger posts contain everything that bugs me in the game. If it doesn't show up, it doesn't bother me. I've commented on other people's actions before and am doing so right now.

Have you even partially considered these claims before posting?

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #472 on: January 14, 2012, 06:49:53 PM »
Helepolis replaces Trickysticks as of now.

So.

Voting:
PX (2): Huh What, Pesco
Conq (2): Shadoweh, Zakeri
Huh What (1): Dormio
Dormio (2): BT, Bardiche

Not Voting: PX, Affinity, Conq, nurse rawr, Helepolis

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline for day 2 is in ~55 hours Watch timer here

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #473 on: January 14, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
Confirming replacement.

Please watch warmly as boys do their best to read through 16 pages of nonsense.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #474 on: January 14, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »
What are #333, #334, #341, #34 and #368 then? What am I doing now, then?

Each and every one of my bigger posts contain everything that bugs me in the game. If it doesn't show up, it doesn't bother me. I've commented on other people's actions before and am doing so right now.

#333 to #342 you were talking to HW and not about why your case is valid. The things you say in that post could easily apply to Dormio or Serela when read in isolation. Note that you didn't make it clear that Dormio's handling of the SK mention reconfirms your vote. Who was #368 even directed at? You were just rolling with it since it came up. What you're doing now is being defensive of your vote without explaining to anyone why your vote is the right one.

You haven't commented thoroughly enough. Your posts don't tell me enough to show a strong stance.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #475 on: January 14, 2012, 07:23:17 PM »
Lurker jerks need to post. I'm not coming back here unless one of you comes to get me from working on LoM.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #476 on: January 14, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »
#333 to #342 you were talking to HW and not about why your case is valid.
I was talking to HW about how the point he was dismissing (which is a point in my case) is valid.
Who was #368 even directed at?
Dormio.
What you're doing now is being defensive of your vote without explaining to anyone why your vote is the right one.
That's because what you're doing now is questioning my vote and not why it is the right one. I've already done the analysis that is meant to convince players of the case, I will not repeat it. I've also expressed my opinion on why PX or HW are not the right vote.

« Reply #477 on: January 14, 2012, 08:48:37 PM »
Mmmmmm cant say if i know this counts as being scummy but px's vote on dormio, he wasnt even 100% with himself, if i recall he said "you could try convincing me" which i guess could mean he was planning to switch from the start.

##Vote: px

Its all i got for right now, will try to read more, kinda hard now though....

@Bardiche i remember you voting for px what are your thoughts on him now?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 1-
« Reply #478 on: January 14, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »
You people and your schedules. -.- I'm waiting for something specific. I'm aware of how annoying I'm being, but I ask you bear with me.

@Conq: My thoughts haven't changed from what I said in #293.
Dormio: Dormio
Townie: HW, PX, Pesco. Bardiche
Unsure about: Zakeri, Trickysticks, DrRawr
Paranoid about: Shadoweh
Dislike: BT, Serela, Conq
Who?: Trickysticks
Dormio, what happened to this? Your Huh what case is paranoia. Do you find anything scummy about him if you ignore the suspicion of daytalk? Naming vig targets after being asked for them isn't something I would hold scummy alone. Do you disagree with his choices?

BT: Who is the ~*~Dormio Defense Force~*~ and which ones of them do you think switched votes for nefarious purposes? There should be more then one person for you to pick as scum at this point. PX claimed to be willing to switch off of Dormio, why can't they both be scum?

Serela's flip makes me want to go back and see who wanted him shot if Dormio was lynched. I still suspect Dormio is town.

Nevermind cut by what I was waiting for.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dr. Rawr

Hi, did you forget about me? If you were town I would expect you to be raging at me right now for failing to prove myself like you were yesterday. Your forgetting about your rage tunnel is suspicious to me. You don't even mention me in your post, the hell is that?

I didn't shoot last night. First of all, bad news to Pesco, I think he's town and I won't be shooting him anytime soon. Looking over everyone else, BT, Conq and huh what struck me on rereads as good choices (and I almost did send in a snap kill on huh what, sorry about that) but I didn't feel convinced enough of anyone's guilt to remove them. This means there should be only one unaccounted kill, the scum kill.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #479 on: January 14, 2012, 09:06:02 PM »
I was waiting for your response, now let me read it :V