Author Topic: Path of Radiance Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 121974 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 1-
« Reply #300 on: January 12, 2012, 07:36:27 AM »
So you're giving up Shadoweh!scum lynch?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #301 on: January 12, 2012, 07:38:42 AM »
If we lynch her then I can't get my free ticket out of this pile of derp.

People want her to shoot anyway. Even the mod wants it.

« Reply #302 on: January 12, 2012, 07:48:14 AM »
Conq: Dormio's recent post looks panicky. Why is he acting like he's already doomed at four votes?
I'm not satisfied with him as is, it looks like he overreacted to the people pressing him in light of what he said about SK!Shadoweh and switched over to the closest wagon. I ctrl+fed through the last few pages for mentions of Serela and I don't see anything, which makes his attempts to acts like his vote is justified and telegraphed seem false to me.

Pesco: That wasn't SK speculation, or even a serious suggestion to lynch her. <_< Were you even paying attention or did you just see that line and switch votes without thinking about context?
I believed Shadoweh was playing town nightvig in an annoyingly anti-town and selfish manner and made a remark about it because I was irritated with her. The post sequence makes this pretty evident (see the next post where I basically said that justifying her wagon with SK / scumvig spec would be retarded).
Even if you want to spin the simple mention of the possibility as "speculation", it wasn't something I was actually trying to push like Dormio was. Note how I wasn't even voting her.
What do you think about Serela and Dormio, who actually have a chance of getting lynched today? I don't see myself getting offed by a last minute pile-up at this point, given the opinions I've seen expressed on me recently.

« Reply #303 on: January 12, 2012, 07:52:03 AM »
Tricky too @Pesco, I'm not sure if he has enough support to be lynched, though. I need to re-read him myself, from his one post I recall not liking him, but then I completely forgot he was in the game.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #304 on: January 12, 2012, 07:54:41 AM »
Hmm, I missed something earlier. Dormio, didn't you just say Serela felt townish to you (granted you also said you didn't like him)? Why are you voting him in particular?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #305 on: January 12, 2012, 08:00:31 AM »
Conq's post prompted me to look back through the thread for a Dormio post saying he liked Serela, and instead I found that Dormio did refer to the Serela post before switching recently. Missed it the first time.

I think that clears up some qualms about him that I mentioned in the last post - however, I'd like Conq to link to the "town read" Dormio had on Serela, if possible. Would be interested in looking into it myself, and I can't find the post.

Conqueror

« Reply #306 on: January 12, 2012, 08:03:59 AM »
No, Dormio never said he had a town read on Serela. He did say this in his vote post though:

Serela: I do NOT like this dude.
Seriously. Like I said earlier, what is #259 if not a miserable pile of AtE? Not to mention being generally useless. His reasoning for switching to Zakeri, and then me can be summed up as "Because." Unfortunately, for some reason, Serela feels townish to me. Though I am inclined to think that this may be a side effect of consuming too many crayons.

So I just want some clarification from him for why exactly he's voting Serela.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #307 on: January 12, 2012, 08:15:19 AM »
What do you think about Serela and Dormio, who actually have a chance of getting lynched today? I don't see myself getting offed by a last minute pile-up at this point, given the opinions I've seen expressed on me recently.

I'd vote Serela over Dormio because you mentioned SK first, which I believe, led to Dormio picking it up and running with it. That thing about 'Don't think of elephants' from Inception kinda happened when you suggested SK. Serela's voting has been all over and ass-backwards. Neither of those are my top scum picks but if we're going to go with one of those two, I want to get rid of Serela-liability first.

Voting you because people's imaginations are dangerous things as seen in Zombie Apoc.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #308 on: January 12, 2012, 08:18:08 AM »
I asked if Schezo is a legal vig choice but I haven't gotten an answer back yet. :<

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #309 on: January 12, 2012, 08:20:42 AM »
Shadoweh I made a post for you did you read it?  :3

Shadoweh

« Reply #310 on: January 12, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »
A few questions for Shadoweh
What changed your mind about wanting to lynch Dan?
I'm going to assume you mean "Why did you unvote" since Zakeri replaced Dan and is listed in the quote there. I don't remember why I unvoted but I vaguely remember it being a good feeling. He's the only person voting with you so far, so he can't be that bad, right? Tricksy would be a weird lynch right now though. He looks like he's almost headed for a modkill. I don't think he can have put enough information out to judge his alignment. He hasn't yet answered your questions because he hasn't put a second post out.

Is it really that hard to understand why I think Rawr is scum? :s He's practically active lurking with the way he's vomiting other people's statements about me and pretending they're words in my own posts. He's a target waiting to happen that no one is paying attention to. The fact that more people have mentioned Tricksy's one post then Rawr's twelve or whatever just makes me more certain, not less.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #311 on: January 12, 2012, 08:30:10 AM »
Commenting on the actual lynch choices, I'm not feeling Scum Dormio. A bunch of people I like think he might be scum which makes me feel terrible about it, but I just don't get that feeling from him.

Conqueror

« Reply #312 on: January 12, 2012, 08:37:43 AM »
I mean, newbies are always easy to read as scum, but I dunno. I feel rawr has been decently pro-active and actually makes a good amount of sense, tunneling notwithstanding. When he gets back he can explain some of his reads. What do you think town!rawr would post like if not like this? >_>

Shadoweh

« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »
And uh. To answer Pesco, I upgraded Affinity to a solid town read two pages ago. Glad you noticed.

I hope you realize there's a chance of me changing my mind and shooting someone else once I've had a night to stop being mad at you. I haven't been particularily set for awhile, but getting people's responses when it looked like no one else was in danger of dying was a point of interest to me.

For everyone: If you hadn't noticed, I don't really have any strong scum reads yet. If a magic fairy dropped a vig on your lap and you could kill someone with impunity right now, who would it be?

Conq: Not knowing is why I'm not willing to just kill him offhand. How do you tell the difference between newbtown and newbscum in their first game?

Conqueror

« Reply #314 on: January 12, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »
Re: newbtown vs newbscum. You don't really, but newbtown usually feel like they're trying harder...I dunno it's all sorta subjective. I guess intent is what I'm looking for here?

Re: vig Personally I wouldn't be able to make a decision until after we had at least a flip.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2012, 10:00:13 AM »
>Hit "Post" button.
>*Connection lost*
>Refresh in hopes of the post being saved.
>nope.avi

Anyway, Conq's question on why I would vote Serela.
Because, for whatever reason, it only seems that town!Serela plays that badly. :/
However, that was just me double guessing myself and I've decided to cut through that noise.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #316 on: January 12, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Voting:
Serela (3): Shadoweh, PX, Dormio
Zakeri (1): Trickysticks
Dormio (4): Affinity, Bardiche, Serela, Huh What (L-3)
Shadoweh (1): nurse rawr
Trickysticks (2): Zakeri, Conq
Huh What (1): Pesco

Not Voting: BT

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Dormio is at L-3

Deadline for day 1 is ~13.5 hours. (watch timer here)

« Reply #317 on: January 12, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
Well after some sleep and rereading and figuring out what town vig is.... Fuck me, i guess this kinda ruins my whole case and everything else :V, but i still dont like how you go in your round about way of scum hunting, which i guess includes killing anyone you feel like. If you dont kill anyone tonight, imma assume youre a dirty lier.

##unvote

Anyone kind enough to explain town vig abit more to me before i make a different vote(or possibky the sameone :V)

@shadoweh would be serela

Shadoweh

« Reply #318 on: January 12, 2012, 04:25:01 PM »
Instead of taking my dirty liar tongue for it, here's a helpful wiki link.
Vigilants and You: A Guide to Shootan Mans
I don't care if you don't like it. I don't like how you still haven't mentioned anyone but me with any seriousness. Your statement is a setup to jump back on me if something goes wrong tonight and my trigger finger itches when I feel like I'm being setup.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #319 on: January 12, 2012, 04:27:20 PM »
Because I didn't?

Like I said in #81 where I switched to Conq, that did not necessarily mean that I liked Shadoweh any more.

┐(-。ー; )┌  Then what's this?

Bardiche

« Reply #320 on: January 12, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »
Also, on the vig shot, I feel sufficient to know Shadoweh thinks Pesco is scum above all else. Holding against her that she did not vote against Pesco at this juncture is meaningless as the explanation behind it is sound enough, though not particularly my style. I prefer to let the vig shoot who they want to shoot rather than interfere.

Time's running short so we need to settle on a wagon, and as far as scumminess goes I think Dormio ranks highest. Don't feel won over for the Serela case, TrickySticks seems like picking on a newbie (for all intents and purposes, I don't find his post scummy even if a more experienced player had made it), and I've stopped wanting a Huh What lynch.

« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »
there was a wiki for this ???

Also i said id write more later and its not later enough for me yet. I could just wait till day 2 to see what happens also....

Bardiche and Affinity are cool, everyone thinks there town

##Vote: Dormio

« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2012, 04:45:24 PM »
holy shit theres even a newby guide :V

Bardiche

« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »
I wrote one too, you know. Or at least an informative post about Mafias but whichever. Are you just sheeping to Affinity and I now? :V

« Reply #324 on: January 12, 2012, 05:36:49 PM »
Probably, i still remember me making somewhat of a case on dormio awhile back. Would need to reread again to see if t still applies or not. But looking at the wiki and seeing there definition of sheeping... Yes i guess i am :V

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2012, 06:37:16 PM »
Voting:
Serela (3): Shadoweh, PX, Dormio
Zakeri (1): Trickysticks
Dormio (5): Affinity, Bardiche, Serela, Huh What, nurse Rawr(L-2)
Trickysticks (2): Zakeri, Conq
Huh What (1): Pesco

Not Voting: BT

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Dormio is at L-2

Deadline for day 1 is ~8.5 hours. (watch timer here)

BT has been prodded.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2012, 06:53:22 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Serela

I'm not going to be awake when it's time for deadline bumrush. You guys suck balls for dragging the day out to deadline every single game.

« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »
I re-read the past few pages after considering what Pesco said and I'm now thinking Dormio is a derp who was just saying whatever came to his mind. I hadn't considered the possibility of him taking what I said and running with it, since I went out of my way to say I thought the speculation would be stupid. I didn't think people would push the SK issue seriously. Serela switch looks less bad since he apparently did telegraph it in his #261, though the comment was rather negligible and difficult to find.

##Unvote
##Vote Serela
Going to note that given that I thought his Dan vote was hypocritical, him saying that Dan was bad for so many things looks forced to me, since he never came up with a solid Dan case throughout the day. He didn't even comment on Zak's content, so the overall decision to stick his vote on Zak looks fake to me. I'm thinking he switched to Dormio because he realized the Zak vote would be useless and get him attacked.

Serela looks like the best bet at the moment. I wouldn't be able to choose a good vig target without a flip, though I do think Serela is a good shot if he survives the day. Maybe shoot Trickysticks, since his wagon is a lost cause right now but his only big post today has been irking the back of my mind since it did not look solid at all. I could see him as being similiar to scum!Polaris.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2012, 08:45:26 PM »
Schezo used prod! It's super effective! But I was going to post anyway...

Replying as I read.

Serela has GOT to stop with the lots-of-words-but-zero-content thing. If you have nothing to say, don't say anything. It's better than filling the thread with :noise:.

Have you really been voting Dan/Zak because their posts are useless? Not only is this terrible, but I can count several other peoeple that fill this criteria. Why Dan and not them? What's going to make me believe this isn't pure OMGUS?

Ok why am I seeing rationale to lynch Shadoweh despite her pubclaim? This is terribly anti-town; the only people with urgency to lynch her anyway would be scum, as we're in goddamn D1 and any form of night control (even knowing about -some- of what's going on is benificial) is to be utilized fully. Town have no rationale to push for her lynch after the pubclaim, bar extreme cases and this isn't an extreme case in case you're blind. HW and Dormio are doing this anyway and this bothers me to no end.

No, I'm dead serious. A PR's just claimed. You're both experienced enough to know to take full advantage of this claim than push for its lynch anyway, regardless of how bs you may think it is. Instead, you choose to push for it anyway, eventually losing interest when the wagon's lost support. Town PoV is to make use of any given info to find scum. Scum PoV is to get rid of said info and anything that may trigger it. I am now perfectly fine with lynching any of you.

HW tries to 'correct' his mistake by accusing Dormio of the same damn mistake. Sorry, but the initial reaction is what I'm going by here, and it's usually the most accurate.

Rawr: more opinions, now. You will not be ending this day without sharing your opinion on the wagons. These are Dormio and Serela, in case you need to be spoon-fed.

Worth a notice: HW being the only guy to oppose the Pesco vig. Should be taken into consideration in the case of a future HW/Pesco flip.

Dear god do NOT vote Tricky. We have even less info to go off of than Serela in case they flip. Pretty much every other lynch has a higher chance of being more town-productive. And I already said what I think about this kind of newb-read at the current moment.

Rawr, again: jesus the very least you could have done was throw in a sentence or two about "why Dormio", or "why not Serela", or maybe even "why Dormio over Serela" but that's probably going overboard now is it. -_-

I'm missing a Pesco justification for Serela > Dormio. Am I to assume this is only for the fact that HW is voting for Dormio?

---

Nearing the end of the day already? Guess I need to do this thing that makes my opinion clear on all the wagons, then.

Reasons why I'm less attracted to a Serela wagon: unrestrained repeat of thought process (read: blatant fluff) which is an unneeded risk for scum, as well as a severe lack of content to work with once the flip happens.

Reasons why I'm fine with a Dormio wagon: see note about pushing for a Shadoweh lynch. Add to that what I noted as bad behavior from earlier.

##Vote: Dormio

Don't give me "ooh ooh L-1 what the hell are you doing" bullshit, this is who I want lynched so you bet I'm lynching them.

Cut? I was cut? Since when is anyone online at 11:00 PM?

Shadoweh

« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
I re-read the past few pages after considering what Pesco said and I'm now thinking Dormio is a derp who was just saying whatever came to his mind. I hadn't considered the possibility of him taking what I said and running with it, since I went out of my way to say I thought the speculation would be stupid. I didn't think people would push the SK issue seriously. Serela switch looks less bad since he apparently did telegraph it in his #261, though the comment was rather negligible and difficult to find.
Pesco's point was also that it doesn't matter if you say something is stupid. There was a study done about how memory works that applies heavily to mafia. People will remember "The possibility of a Serial Killer is stupid and shouldn't be considered" the exact same as "The possibility of a Serial Killer should be considered."

I forgot Serela kind of shot his vote into thin air. More fuel for the wagon. Speaking of fuel for the wagons, maybe we'd have better one if more people would consolidate and BT would remember what a vote is for. Get on it people. Preferrably on Pesco Serela.

HOW DID I GET CAUGHT WHEN THERE HASN'T BEEN POSTS FOR HOURSNDFUJNHFDGNH