Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ THE GENIUS OF SAPPHEIROS (v1.07 is out!)  (Read 145518 times)

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
Our of all the mage-type people, I'd expect Byakuren to have the physical enhancing stuff, not Patchy...

This game just screws with your mind, doesn't it?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Our of all the mage-type people, I'd expect Byakuren to have the physical enhancing stuff, not Patchy...

This game just screws with your mind, doesn't it?
Nah, Byakuren's got support spells that boost stats; it's just that Patchy actually has a skill line about her physical attacks.

Actually, Byakuren's more about debuffing than buffing overall, surprisingly.

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
Byakuren's supposed to be good at physical magic, lorewise, and Patchy we all know has the physical ability of wet tissue paper. Yet Patchouli I-live-in-a-library-and-have-ten-kinds-of-ailments Knowledge has a physical attack spec here?

Patchy swinging around a battleaxe at all is a scary thought, let alone skillfully...
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Blah, quit yaking, you guys are making me wanna play this game. But every time I try to play an rpg I can't understand, it ends in disappointment for me.
Why does patchy have to be squishy? whyyy. She sure as heck takes a longass time to beat in EoSD >=P.. Chucks as many spellcards at you as Flan (ok not quite but still).

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Well, Byakuren might have one too.  I think her first and second skilltrees are for enhancing her Buff and Debuff spells, and either the third or fourth is largely for giving her a massive well of HP and MP, but that still leaves her fourth.

Also someone's being a bro and translating the manual for me, so I'm updating the wiki's gameplay sections and such as I get the information.  There's... a lot of stuff going on in this game.  Way more than I initially thought.

Also: Patchy's squishy to make up for the fact that she's goddamn awesome.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Uhh, I assume you'll share the translated manual when it's done? I just might take a crack at the game if I have an English Manual to help me out.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Uhh, I assume you'll share the translated manual when it's done? I just might take a crack at the game if I have an English Manual to help me out.
Well, yeah.  I'm also putting all the info up on the Wiki too as I get it, plus taking a crack myself at trying to translate some of the character's skill lists and stuff myself, so... 8D

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Byakuren's supposed to be good at physical magic, lorewise, and Patchy we all know has the physical ability of wet tissue paper. Yet Patchouli I-live-in-a-library-and-have-ten-kinds-of-ailments Knowledge has a physical attack spec here?

Patchy swinging around a battleaxe at all is a scary thought, let alone skillfully...

Her Physical Attack skill line is actually called "Treasure of Knowledge" and the icon is a giant bookshelf.

Anyway, I can actually translate all the skill stuff if necessary. Since I run the risk of destroying my display drivers though if I do it while playing, I might wait for the Sappheiros JPN wiki to be completed.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Is it really that painful to your drivers?

Anyway, if you really need, I can screencap the stuff for you (Or you can do it yourself).  That way you don't have to be running the game.

Also, STATS LIST, along with what stat boosts them:

First column:
Physical Attack (STR)
Physical Defense (VIT)
Magical Attack (INT)
Magical Defense (None!)

Second column:
Accuracy (DEX)
Evasion (AGI)
Ailment Infliction (DEX)
Ailment Resistance (POT)
Speed (AGI)

Elements list is in this order: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Light ; Dark, Magic, Slash, Pierce, Blunt

Also I got enough information to start really doing wiki pages, so yeah.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
It only happens when I do something completely stupid but I'd rather not risk it.

Last time my display drivers crashed it was because I had the game running while trying to upload something to friggen imageshack so.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
I... huhn.

Want me to screencap everything then?

Also, I'm doing that thing where I wiki edit again.  This is horribly incomplete but yeah.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
REIMU SKILLS that are missing from the wiki page
I am not including the skills I can't get MP costs for because I don't have them yet

治癒の札 (Lv1 / Healing Type)
Ofuda of Healing
Restores "Permanent" Status Effects.
Permanent status effects are those like POISON, PARALYSIS, and the like. Stat downs are classified as "Variety" status effects

霊気妙珠 (Lv1 / Healing Type)
Spiritual Charm
Moderate healing to one target

封魔陣 (Lv4 / Support [Barrier])
Demon Sealing Circle
Protects against EITHER "Permanent" status effects, "Variety" status effects, or reduces damage for the turn it is used.

エクスターミネーション (Lv 6 / Offense [Light])
Extermination
Moderate damage to a small area.

夢想封印・瞬 (Lv 13 / Offense [Light])
Fantasy Seal Flash
20 MP
Cooldown: 1 (SC)
Deals small damage to every target.
Worth noting that this actually does slightly less than vanilla Fantasy Seal, trade-off is it has a lower delay

妖怪バスター (Lv 15 / Offense [Light])
Youkai Buster
6 MP
Cooldown: 6 (SC)
Deals moderate damage to a row.

GOHEI 1 - Shock Blow
Close-ranged physical attack that may inflict Sleep

GOHEI 3 - Grand Slam
Wide area attack

GOHEI 7 - Temple Crush
Close-ranged physical attack that may inflict ATK Down

----------

REIGEKI - Spirit Attack
Focuses on Reimu's spells and other related aspects
ABP 1 - 10% Light enhancement on LAND
ABP 2 - +1 to Light resistance
ABP 3 - Spirit Sign card delays -1
ABP 5 - Regular danmaku delays -1
ABP 7 - 25% Light enhancement on LAND
ABP 10 - 10% damage enhancement on Spirit Sign attacks
ABP 13 - Spirit Sign cast speed +10%
ABP 16 - +2 to Light resistance
ABP 25 - Spirit Sign attacks have [Ignore Reflection / Shield] property, Spirit Sign attack power +20%, +1 Bomb

KEKKAI - Border
Focuses on Reimu's Needle attack and also Delay/Spellcasting, also Border/Barrier
ABP 1 - Fantasy Sign card delays -1
ABP 2 - Fantasy Sign cast speed +100%
ABP 3 - Healing magic has 33% increase potency
ABP 5 - Needle attack power +10%
ABP 7 - Restores stat downs by means of stat ups
ABP 10 - Demon Sealing Circle, Eight-way Dragon Killing Circle, Four-way Tiger Binding Circle are strengthened
ABP 13 - Needle attack power +20%
ABP 16 - Fantasy Sign cast speed +1000%
ABP 25 - Healing magic now has a small area of effect

EXORCISM
ABP 5 - Critical Rate +5
ABP 16 - Magic casting cost -25% MP
ABP 25 - Magic power is less influenced by the target's Magic defense

SHUUKI - Concentration
ABP 3 - Automatic status recovery rate is increased at the End Phase.

FOR THE GOHEI:
ABP 13 - Gains attack "Deplorable Hit"
ABP 16 - Drains 1% MP on attacking
ABP 25 - Gains attack "Total Destruction"

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
You are a bro.  A huge bro.   Added that all to the wiki 8D

I'll do more tomorrow, to do my part to hopefully reduce your work.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
You are a bro.  A huge bro.   Added that all to the wiki 8D

I'll do more tomorrow, to do my part to hopefully reduce your work.

Correction, Youkai Buster isn't a spellcard

sorry

EDIT: Fuck I missed Barriers ABP 16

Barriers
ABP 16 - Healing magic can now cure "Permanent" status effects. Healing magic now has 0 Delay

EDIT 2:

緊急 - "emergency,"

so I would say it would be "Critical Evasion +5" for Concentration ABP 16

EDIT 3:

Support spells for Raymoo weren't covered either so here they are!!

Hakurei Border (1 Bomb)
Requires Fantasy Seal to be equipped on Reimu
Creates barrier on the party, reducing 20% of all incoming damage.

Fantasy Spirit Explosion (3 Bombs)
Grants allies the "Exorcism" property on their attacks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:02:59 AM by tm.TranceHime »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
http://www.mediafire.com/?b9km8cyx532w9lj

Here's a translated Manual for the game.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
You (and whoever ended up helping) is (are) the best person (people) ever.

Thanks much for the manual!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Yay, thanks guys. I haven't tried the game yet but this definately helps pique my interest.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Can someone send me their config file with the attack animations turned off? Seeing as I can't even get past the opening movie, I can't turn off the in-game settings myself you know.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Can someone send me their config file with the attack animations turned off? Seeing as I can't even get past the opening movie, I can't turn off the in-game settings myself you know.
It's not in Config, it's in the in-game options menu.

also it wouldn't help.

Are you running it with XP compatability?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
I'm already using XP. Can't get more compatible than that >_>

My graphics are onboard and if I was missing any other stuff, I doubt the game would run.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
oh so it seems the Pooshlmer folk are faster at this than I am

I'll leave it to them then, unless there's some really urgent stuff that needs TLing.

If that's the case, throw at me whatever stuff needs TLing and I'll do it. See, school is eating up my time and I'm still in Stage 04, I haven't even seen
Spoiler:
Kismay
yet.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Well, it might be asked of you to assist in the future again.  Right now we're having some hangups on wiki formatting and the issue of whether or not to simply copy over the JP wiki formatting and add our own translations (I'm against that; even if it's just HTML code I still don't like using someone else's effort, as ultimately slowing as it may be).

Oh well, I found out I can translate this stuff better than I thought, so... I'll probably be taking a crack at a character or two more in the future.  Day by day, etc etc

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Hnn... Very well.

Yawn. Back to being "NEET" :P Not that I'm complaining!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
oh dear

Someone cracked this game.  Looks like serious translation work might be starting now.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
oh dear

Someone cracked this game.  Looks like serious translation work might be starting now.

dang that's fast. I hope the format of the "guts" are workable (I mean not like Fushigi no gensokyo)

Just starting to get into this.  Looked at the recruitment requirements for Mokou and Byakuren...all I can say is "What."

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Just starting to get into this.  Looked at the recruitment requirements for Mokou and Byakuren...all I can say is "What."
Fortunately they're the only ones like this.

The game actually does give hints to this, albeit somewhat cryptic ones.
Spoiler:
The manual mentions in the Myouren temple that "Byakuren's usually here!  But, she's not... at least, not right now..."; and I think what Murasa says hints about it too.

As for Mokou it's one of those "Just go with your gut" moments, although I think Akyuu hints about it a bit

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Haha!

I crashed my display drivers again! How?

doing absolutely nothing

Good thing I ran over that healing circle after beating Stage 4. :/

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
Spoiler:
As for Mokou it's one of those "Just go with your gut" moments, although I think Akyuu hints about it a bit

When in doubt,
Spoiler:
Konami Code
. Makes perfectly twisted sense to me!

Also, huzzah on it being cracked!

Started playing, currently (I assume) halfway through stage 2.  Recruited Mokou and Byakuren before even starting anything else.  I set Aya as team commander, as she seemed to be the only character that didn't have any noteworthy traits setting her apart from the other options (and her commander bonus to the team is pretty nifty).

So far, Mokou and Reimu are team MVPs.  Reimu does anything and everything well at low MP costs, and Mokou both takes damage and deals it out in addition to being the only character so far with a multi-target attack.

Quick question: Is there a way to restore MP/bombs in a dungeon without having to run back to a magic circle?