Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ THE GENIUS OF SAPPHEIROS (v1.07 is out!)  (Read 145523 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Official site

Have you ever wanted a Touhou RPG that was traditional style? Well, it is finally here! Touhou Soujinengi (Lit. Blue God Omen) adopts a typical RPG setting in terms of systems, and uses a battle system that appears to be heavily influenced by Romancing SaGa, and a touch of Final Fantasy, with the side-on view. Featuring nice cut-ins for spell attacks and cute graphics with some really clean and nice environments, this game looks really good!

Released recently at Comiket (yesterday), Patch 1.01 was released.

ERRATA:

I actually mis-read one kanji and got the entire name wrong as a result. I fail at life.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:12:36 AM by Nat Tea »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Sejha

• I think Im a game dev. And Musician.
Looks nice.

I wonder when english patch will come, I'd like to get this, but I don't speak much japanese. Only the important stuff, like where is the washroom and more food please.
I've evolved a lot. When did I make this account again?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
An English patch only has as much chance of coming out as people interested in it.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
fffff if my weeaboo powers were strong enough, I would totally work on a patch. BUT THEY'RE NOT : (

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Oh man, this looks good.

Unfortunately, it also looks like a disaster for those that can't read Japanese.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Yes, I am interested. I was looking at it yesterday. I used to play a lot of D&D, and I used to really enjoy that, too. I think this could be fun.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
As a note of mention, the config program it comes with has the default keys set to a joystick or something. Good idea to reset them.

There's a lot of stuff to figure out as far as menu/gameplay; I'm kind of picking through trying to figure out what the hell does what.  :V
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
If people are interested, I could post informations on it once I actually start playing it...

As a note of mention, the config program it comes with has the default keys set to a joystick or something. Good idea to reset them.

There's a lot of stuff to figure out as far as menu/gameplay; I'm kind of picking through trying to figure out what the hell does what.  :V

So people like this have an easier time to figure stuff out.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
I'm in the same boat as Ryuu; I'd gladly help out with it (and, y'know, whatever else I could help out with), but... I can't read Japanese.

(Really, really wanting to find a place to ease me into it, so I /can/ help people with this kinda stuff. Anyone have any suggestions?)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
I crashed my display driver while fighting Remi.

Sigh.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I only saw a little clip of the game so far, what I saw seemed pretty meh but I didn't see how old it was. I of course would try playing it though!
I really really want a translation for defiant of shrine maiden though. That game looks sweet, and the combat mechanics...*swoooon*.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I saw Deranged say he's interested in translating this as well as Touhou SRW (he said that in the same line IIRC, which is why I mention it)...So I think it's a matter of time when it's done. It all depends on how crackable/moddable/patchable the game is.

Edit: Say can someone please give me a recap on how to see nico videos? I seem to have forgotten how to >=P. I might have to re-register too, so uhh. Describing that menu would help if you don't mind *shyface*
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:17:44 AM by Ghaleon »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
So I hear this game has SaGa-level ridiculous conditions for finding people.

...Not sure if want, but am curious.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
If anyone could help me figure out why certain attacks crash my display drivers, I would be very grateful.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
Definitely interested in playing this next after Labyrinth of Touhou. I just hope the English Patch comes out first.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Bypassed my issue by turning off special effects!

So I hear this game has SaGa-level ridiculous conditions for finding people.

...Not sure if want, but am curious.

Spoiler:
As soon as you step into the first dungeon, Mokou and Byakuren open up AND YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW unless you randomly talk to Akyu like I did. Well actually that only applies to Mokou. Byakuren is still obscure as fuck.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:51:57 AM by tm.TranceHime »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Bypassed my issue by turning off special effects!

Spoiler:
As soon as you step into the first dungeon, Mokou and Byakuren open up AND YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW unless you randomly talk to Akyu like I did. Well actually that only applies to Mokou. Byakuren is still obscure as fuck.
Actually it was finding out the conditions for those two that made me make that comment.  I forsee a great deal of need for people to share information for any success to be had here.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Actually it was finding out the conditions for those two that made me make that comment.  I forsee a great deal of need for people to share information for any success to be had here.

From what I can see perhaps those two may be the only obscure characters.

Mainly because you only ever have a full group of 12 people. 3 of them are already filled after the first 2 stages are done. You start at 4.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Game is really not all that unfriendly at all if you don't speak Japanese.  The dungeons seem really straightforward so far.

Kinda wish I could figure out why most of my equipment doesn't show up when I try to actually equip it though.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Crash right after the opening cutscene. Much sadface.

Game is really not all that unfriendly at all if you don't speak Japanese.  The dungeons seem really straightforward so far.

Kinda wish I could figure out why most of my equipment doesn't show up when I try to actually equip it though.
You have to leave the dungeon to use stuff you picked up inside it, as you drop it if you die. They'll be yellow on your inventory if that's the case.
Or that character just can't equip that item.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic

I honestly find it hard to believe any rpg is fun (for my "power gamer" playstyle I mean..Like perfecting specs and builds and whatnot on my own without following a cookie cutter recommendation. Though it's often similar/the same anyway. Still it's more fun doing it myself >=)) without understanding it. Not only for the story, but just the simple things like what exactly this spell does, or what that item does. Even if you figure out what each stat is, many items in many rpgs often have secondary effects that are not represented by a stat such as "mp costs are halved", or "immune to status ailments" or "earn 1.5X experience"

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
You have to leave the dungeon to use stuff you picked up inside it, as you drop it if you die. They'll be yellow on your inventory if that's the case.
Or that character just can't equip that item.
Yeah, I figured that out, thankfully.

Also holy crap the boss battle soundtrack for this game is an eargasm.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
I honestly find it hard to believe any rpg is fun (for my "power gamer" playstyle I mean..Like perfecting specs and builds and whatnot on my own without following a cookie cutter recommendation. Though it's often similar/the same anyway. Still it's more fun doing it myself >=)) without understanding it. Not only for the story, but just the simple things like what exactly this spell does, or what that item does. Even if you figure out what each stat is, many items in many rpgs often have secondary effects that are not represented by a stat such as "mp costs are halved", or "immune to status ailments" or "earn 1.5X experience"

People don't mind trial and error, I guess.

Also, my Patchouli is going to ruin people's days with an axe instead of magic. She will be a physical powerhouse. I'll leave Marisa to do all my nuking for me, thanks. And possibly Raymoo.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
So you know, Ghaleon: you have the ability to redistribute your Power levels at any point you want, freely.
EDIT: 1.02 patch is out.

I really hope this changes the whole "New party member start at level 1" thing, because it's making me really not want to use anyone outside of my initial formation.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:25:11 PM by Garlyle »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
I really hope this changes the whole "New party member start at level 1" thing, because it's making me really not want to use anyone outside of my initial formation.

Is it really that bad to get them up to scratch again? I've gotten almost everyone to around the same level very effortlessly...

Anyways, Sakuya and Patchery are destroying worlds. Both are physical bruisers.

>Patchouli
>Physical bruiser

YES, THIS IS THE TRUE WAY.

Spoiler:
Her HP buff doesn't come until like 9 power levels later though OTL

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
Anyways, Sakuya and Patchery are destroying worlds. Both are physical bruisers.

>Patchouli
>Physical bruiser

YES, THIS IS THE TRUE WAY.

I just beat the two, unsure if I got 'em yet. But... holy crap? Patchouli, of all people, is a powerhouse?

Also, when do Last Words become available? I've gotten
Spoiler:
Mokou's
a few times, once at about half health, and again at near-death. (Clarifying: Two different fights.)

So you know, Ghaleon: you have the ability to redistribute your Power levels at any point you want, freely.
EDIT: 1.02 patch is out.
Okay, I'm getting this now then, screw the english patch.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Last Words are like FF8 limit breaks.  If you're at low health it seems you've got a random chance that after an action you perform or an action that damages the character, it has a chance of triggering their Last Word Chance.

So far...

Reimu: Fully heals the party (doesn't revive though)
Sanae: Gives the entire party a status buff (All stats up?)
Marisa: Sets the party's MP costs to 1
Mokou: Revives all fallen characters with a small amount of HP

I know I've seen Byakuren's too but I can't remember what it was.

Also yes: Patchouli has only two good stats: her STR and her INT.  She's also got a boatload of MP, and her starting spells are all-targetting (Up until that point your only other multi-target spells have limited range or are spellcards, which are significantly more costly) and of a few different elements.  It makes her a beast; just be ready for the fact that at least in Labyrinth she could take a hit from magic.  In this, she just can't from anything, so uh...

Last Words:
Aya's looks to be an attack self buff
Nitori's  is a single target high damage spell (very useful when running out of MP)

Never seen Patchouli's, as she's so squishy; and they appear to proc mostly from being attacked.
Edit: it's a multitarget attack, not exceptionaly powerful.
Unlock conditions for Byakuren were annoying. I'd have never figured that sans guide.
Spoiler:
At least it means I had to take a break
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:54:26 PM by Reaper gi »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Last Words:
Nitori's  is a single target high damage spell (very useful when running out of MP)

Nitori's is actaully only high-damage because it's a defense-ignoring critical hit

You can use the Element Change skill you get at Gun ABP 5 to attach an element to it, to give it more damage against weakness.

I just beat the two, unsure if I got 'em yet. But... holy crap? Patchouli, of all people, is a powerhouse?

Not to mention, aside from her already ridiculous offensive stats, she has a skill point bonus dedicated to physical damage enhancement, so she can further boost her already powerful ATK. This synergizes extremely well with the fact she can use freaking axes. The Land Turtle enemies in Stage 3 get cleaved in half either by Sakuya (who does 180) or Patchouli (who does 150~ish)