Author Topic: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Completed]  (Read 263710 times)

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
Re: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Ver 0.92 released]
« Reply #900 on: January 12, 2013, 07:59:11 AM »
Feature. Character's set items have a different base item made for them. That would appear to be Yuuka's weapon in base form.
VERY cool. Set items implemented with base items? Do like. A whole lot.
Are they naturally at their highest tier state (IE Phantasm tier weaponry/armor)? Or do they have higher/lower stats on them? I'm also curious. Does that means that Yuuka's weapon has 5 sockets? Or did it just happen to roll on that item as rng?

Where did it drop from?
When you go to kill Meph, you can choose to go left or right (assuming upleft direction is up). On the right side there's a room with evil-y stuff.. Right when you exit that room there's a straight up guaranteed weapon rack there (has NEVER failed to spawn for me). It dropped that when I poked it on Phantasm difficulty. (The left side has evil-y stuff too, but it's not important. ;))

I always go right first, and then touch that, then go around to the other side, poke the armor one that spawns there after killing that room, then continue to lure the boss to the stairs and (usually) teleport, or otherwise find a way through the room quickly enough that he doesn't follow, and long-range him across the pool while he paces back/forth on the stairs and can't get me. (Easy modo :V)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #901 on: January 12, 2013, 08:04:09 AM »
You got 5 sockets on the roll. The sets base items are 10-15% better than [P] ranked stuff. Their requirements are also higher.

I tweaked the item level to be higher, so other than some really silly accidents in the throne room, those special items shouldn't spwn normally anymore.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #902 on: January 12, 2013, 11:09:35 AM »
shouldn't spawn normally anymore.

Wait so are you saying that we won't be able to find the base items of the set weapons/armor in the game whatsoever? Or is there a place you can actually go TO find them? I figure that finding them supremely rarely at the end of Phantasm or only in the bonus areas only on Phantasm would be a pretty cool addition of said items. They'd be a step up from normal rares (though much harder to find) but still won't be better than uniques filled with the same socketable items (because of their special stats), or the set item itself (since they're just straight up better).

Intentions of.. anything? Definitely want to know what I'm looking at / looking forward to.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #903 on: January 12, 2013, 11:32:37 AM »
Those base items exist to only serve as the set items. They are not meant to exist anywhere else in any form other than a set item.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #904 on: January 12, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »
not meant to exist anywhere else in any form
Awww. :( Oh well.

Do the set items have the base item name included? Like.. would Yuuka's weapon specifically state the name as something like "Yuuka's Sanguinaria Canadensis" as the item title? If so, then I have no qualms about it, but otherwise, that's just too cool of a name to just hide on a base item and never actually see on the set item. Hell, some of the set base items in D2 could be named Mashed Sheet Metal and I wouldn't know the better.

« Reply #905 on: January 12, 2013, 08:26:09 PM »

Found an item that might need its description updated, Warcry I assume is Mystia's stun spell as everytime I level little music notes fly out of me and I coulda sworn things died from it the first time I saw it.
Also I don't suppose a minor buff to mini suika's survivability would be too much to ask? It was really disheartening to walk up to Sanae on normal with 7 minis at 200 mist, buff them with mystia's defense and max health skills so they had 140% bonus defense, 15% damage reduction, and 60% bonus health...only to watch 1 die early and the rest die in unison from some AoE Sanae did a few seconds later.
I know you mentioned the mana being reworked so they could be a spammable thing for a Suika at some point, but once they are all dead, you can't really get them back up without completely retreating from the boss.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #906 on: January 12, 2013, 09:01:16 PM »
Those procs are correct and intended to exist with the vanilla skill's names. And it appears they work correctly too.

Just looked at the Mini Suika skill itself. The hp scaling is entirely dependent on your gear and the mana cost does escalate really fast still. I can give both of those factors a bit of a buff.

« Reply #907 on: January 13, 2013, 11:57:48 AM »
Found a typo
Nue Sign "Undefined Darkness"
Shroud yuour surroundings in darkness.

Harbor Sign "Phantom Ship Harbor"
Says 1 yard radius at level 1 and 2, doesn't seem right...

Skills like Flood "Venus of the Bilge" don't show their mana costs in the description, not only do I kinda want to know the costs it also makes it kind of hard to tell that they aren't passive skills.
I personally think they'd make good passives as otherwise they don't seem very useful in a straight up fight. I can see someone with enough water or chaos (I think the other one was flan's) going and stacking the bonus up to full on some random lower level mobs and then tp'ing to a boss for the bonus damage... Even so unless you put a fair amount of points into it the damage bonus is quite small.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:29:24 AM by Tarmo »
This isn't a very clever signature...

« Reply #908 on: January 14, 2013, 03:25:50 AM »
I tried looking for you at IRC Pesco, but couldn't find you. I'll stream some LoM with my Rin until I clear Lunatic (I just got past Normal), or get owned too hard to continue :V
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #909 on: January 14, 2013, 06:40:32 AM »
Watching LoM stream at 5 in the morning? What is this? :V

Flan and Minamitsu's buildup skills. They're like semi-passives in what they provide. Making them into full passives is boring. I have a different idea and that is to remove their mana cost. You can use it like your standard attack but you still have to do some skill swapping workout so the game doesn't become too boring.

« Reply #910 on: January 14, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
Flan and Minamitsu's buildup skills. They're like semi-passives in what they provide. Making them into full passives is boring. I have a different idea and that is to remove their mana cost. You can use it like your standard attack but you still have to do some skill swapping workout so the game doesn't become too boring.
That sounds pretty cool :)
However what I meant was that they don't feel all that useful unless you build them up preemptively. (Which requires them to last a very long time) If you're fighting a boss generally switching to a skill other than your main damage skill even for 5-6 attacks (It was around that many right?) lowers your damage output significantly especially since the buildup skills don't scale in damage with +touhou stat. Even so, if they're non passives I could see them being quite useful for clearing out larger areas if you invest a significant number of points into it.
Maybe if you lowered the required attacks to stack to full or added a small damage scaling (1% per 5 or 10 +touhou or something) that might be better?

« Reply #911 on: January 14, 2013, 03:41:21 PM »
I had such a well written post before Pesco and Tarmo replied.. but as soon as I pressed preview? The god damned website automatically logged me off. So when I logged in.. the preview wasn't there. It went to the main page. I lost the whole message. I was so happy with that message too. Fml :colonveeplusalpha:
Is it too much to say I (almost) hate this site already? xD
You should just tell it to log you in forever instead of for a set time. You can still log out whenever you need to.

Edit: I seem to have found a problem with minamitsu, when I put my fourth point into Capsize "Dragging Anchor" (I wasn't watching my character screen for the first three) I actually seem to have lost attack rating D:
I don't know what caused this but I worry it might effect the other weapon mastery type skills.

Another edit: The next point added attack rating though. So I'm not sure why it was just that one point.

"Oh look, he's editing it again": If you stack multiple whirlpools from Drowning Sign "Deep Vortex" in the same area does it do more damage to targets effected?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:31:52 PM by Tarmo »

« Reply #912 on: January 14, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
It's so sad that VengeanceYoumu isn't even close in damage performance to ZealYoumu. And a +6% damage increase per skill-up doesn't really help. I know it's elemental and stuff, but... both of those skills get the same synergy. 5hits (fast at that) > 1hit.
Few problems I see with you saying ZealYoumu is better than VengeanceYoumu, yes the Zeal scales the same and 5 hits would therefore make it scale harder, but even though those swings are fast, they still take a decent chunk of time. Vengeance can easily get 2 swings in the same amount of time, possibly three, and with a little attack speed 3 for sure.
At level 6 you're effectively 100% bonus damage of 3 elements. So zeal does damage + sakura% 5 times, vengeance does damage, plus 3xdamage + 3xsakura%...so more than 3 zeal hits, but less than 4. And 3x2 > 5  and 3x3 is even larger.
There's other factors like added elemental damage which vengeance doesn't benefit from sure, but that would involve too many "what ifs" and math that I'm not taking the time for it. Just pointing out that vengeance can be competitive in damage output.
There's also the annoying fact of when you're trying to kill a specific target, and another enemy or two walk up and now half or more of your zeal swings are going the wrong way.
It's a lot less mana efficient, but does rather well. Just hate the elemental immunities on later difficulties.

I've also seen a few spells that didn't list a spell cost too. The poison leaf from Shizuha didn't have one listed, and Dragonfish Drill on Iku.

Speaking of Dragonfish Drill, I've noticed now that I'm on lunatic that it stops damaging enemies when they get to about 25% health. This didn't happen on normal as I sometimes goofed off to see how small of a chunk of their health I could take. Is this a bug or a feature?

« Reply #913 on: January 15, 2013, 01:01:55 AM »
Few problems I see with you saying ZealYoumu is better than VengeanceYoumu, yes the Zeal scales the same and 5 hits would therefore make it scale harder, but even though those swings are fast, they still take a decent chunk of time. Vengeance can easily get 2 swings in the same amount of time, possibly three, and with a little attack speed 3 for sure.
At level 6 you're effectively 100% bonus damage of 3 elements. So zeal does damage + sakura% 5 times, vengeance does damage, plus 3xdamage + 3xsakura%...so more than 3 zeal hits, but less than 4. And 3x2 > 5  and 3x3 is even larger.
Zeal scales with attack speed as well, though it seems less noticeable due to it's multi-hit nature. Also keep in mind that zeal's faster attack speed means you can apply things like crushing blow and life steal much more easily, crushing blow especially adds a tremendous boost to damage output.

There's also the annoying fact of when you're trying to kill a specific target, and another enemy or two walk up and now half or more of your zeal swings are going the wrong way.
Can't agree more, that's incredibly annoying.

Speaking of Dragonfish Drill, I've noticed now that I'm on lunatic that it stops damaging enemies when they get to about 25% health. This didn't happen on normal as I sometimes goofed off to see how small of a chunk of their health I could take. Is this a bug or a feature?
I know that Dragonfish Drill suffers from a very large penalty to damage on higher difficulties, I don't know how this is implemented but it's possible the damage percent either becomes flat out too small to reduce their current health at all or if the enemies regen outpaces it's damage at that point.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:16:47 AM by Tarmo »

« Reply #914 on: January 15, 2013, 01:22:30 AM »
Zeal scales with attack speed as well, though it seems less noticeable due to it's multi-hit nature. Also keep in mind that zeal's faster attack speed means you can apply things like crushing blow and life steal much more easily, crushing blow especially adds a tremendous boost to damage output.
I gotta be honest and say I've never played Diablo 2 enough to know of crushing blow, but looking it up I can see your point.

I know that Dragonfish Drill suffers from a very large penalty to damage on higher difficulties, I don't know how this is implemented but it's possible the damage percent either becomes flat out too small to reduce their current health at all or if the enemies regen outpaces it's damage at that point.
Honestly was the only explanation I could come up with too, though I figured monster resistances were % based so a lower amount of damage would lose less and still do at least something. Regen might also explain it, starting to notice how fast these buggers heal up on this difficulty.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #915 on: January 15, 2013, 08:05:24 AM »
Static Field and Corpse Explosion have a damage cap in the higher difficulties. Once an enemy reaches the hp threshold, they stop taking damage from the skills.

Tried out Minamitsu's progressive cold damage. I forgot an important distinction from that skill compared to Flan's one. Minamitsu gets hers much later than Flan does. Sinker Ghost does also happen to outclass the skill. I'll remove the mana costs so Flan and Minamitsu can gain an alternative basic attack. Minamitsu's one will get a buff so that it's not as useless. These skills can be fine with just one point as the pre-req. Extra points just increase how much buildup you get.

The thread is coming close to the forum's thread size limit. I'll be trimming some off-topic posts so that full release can take place within this thread and a new thread will be made for everything afterwards.

Choose one to keep
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:33:34 PM by Pesco »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #916 on: January 16, 2013, 03:25:49 PM »
Choose one to keep

Oh man, first one. No questions asked. Definitely the armed one. <3 Cow level.

« Reply #917 on: January 16, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »
Moo. Moo moo moo, MOOO! ....Moo?

But seriously, halberd wielding Keine yes.

« Reply #918 on: January 19, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »
Game crashes in Hell's Embers level 2, repeatedly ;_; No SA for me...

Quote from: Diablo II
---------------------------
Diablo II Error
Halt
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6fd7d6e8
OK   

Did you implement the MoF and onward set items yet?

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #919 on: January 19, 2013, 10:17:09 PM »
They should be in there. I'll take a quick run into SA.

Edit: SA doesn't crash for me. Try make a shortcut to run the game. Add the parameters '-direct -txt' and then see if the error persists.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:36:25 PM by Pesco »

« Reply #920 on: January 19, 2013, 11:15:32 PM »
Still doesn't work, and it isn't SA itself, but level 2 Hell's Embers (there's 3 levels). Remilia in EoSD spawned with all 6 immunities for me once, pretty sweet  :V

edit 1-2
Fixed itself after rerolling the map. Tried to fight Yukari but she was also immune to all damage types, and I couldn't even break her poison immunity with maxed spiders and hina curse :< hurr durr

Any class will at least have the potential to break at least physical immunity by creating the Hina runeword and stacking misfortune, thankfully Orin has it really easy here.

Base set items drop in PCB sometimes and I don't think possessed by phoenix scales with rage anymore, maybe the skill description needs to be updated.

edit 3
Hina's bad fortune curse doesn't scale properly, enemies actually GAIN physical resistance which becomes apparent when enemies become immune to physical when getting cursed. I'd like it better if further decreased elemental resistance or maybe magic with scaling instead btw, since damage resistance is well covered by her first curse already. But do what you like.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:22:44 PM by Namusan »

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #921 on: January 24, 2013, 03:08:17 PM »
Redid the calculations for Possessed by Phoenix. Changed the synergy effect of Hina's Bad Fortune curse.

Implemented the drops for Ten Desires. I tried to run it myself and ended up getting horribly owned. Catfish go run it and report back pls :V

« Reply #922 on: January 24, 2013, 05:53:52 PM »
Redid the calculations for Possessed by Phoenix. Changed the synergy effect of Hina's Bad Fortune curse.

Implemented the drops for Ten Desires. I tried to run it myself and ended up getting horribly owned. Catfish go run it and report back pls :V

Are you sure Aya drops keys? I must have the worst luck ever ;_;

Noticed something strange with Suika's decrepify melee strike, if you hit someone already affected by it, the effect goes away instantly, so you have to constantly switch away from the skill, which is fine, but it still seems like a bug.

Could you make it so that The World had a slow projectiles effect on the targets too? Would be pretty cool.

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #923 on: January 24, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »
Aya drops the key, only that it's part of her set items roll. I redid her drops so that it should be more often that you get the key. If you're really hurting to get the key, run the Summoner in vanilla and send the key over in shared stash. Leave some free space for the key as it becomes a 2x2 in LoM instead of a 2x1 from vanilla.

Can't make it slow projectiles. That's a separate effect altogether.

« Reply #924 on: January 24, 2013, 08:28:27 PM »
Just tried to do a run of perfect cherry blossom on phantasm out of boredom to see if I could get some sets to drop. Toughed it all the way through Alice dying horribly a couple times...Ran down the long thin pathway only to find a pair of immune all lily's waiting for me x_x. I pretty much gave up right there.

Also the B-row recipe doesn't seem to be working as listed in the documentation. Tried with Hu and Ha runes each with two Ns, and got Pu and Pa
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:13:44 PM by SpykeMH »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #925 on: January 25, 2013, 07:33:12 AM »
H-row x 2 and N = B-row
H-row and N x 2 = P-row

Progress edit:

Danmaku Archers side area can almost one-shot a 4k hp player on Phantasm. Not exactly as much as damage as I wanted but it will have to do. I think a Byakuren with maxed Magic Butterfly should be able to do quite well there.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:55:20 PM by Pesco »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #926 on: February 10, 2013, 08:50:53 AM »
Basic items sprites all done and implemented. Set items will still lack their unique sprites for a while. These will be in after the full release.

The loadscreen and dialogue rewrites should be in next. Partial changelog once again while I'm here.

General
Story Reimu's lightning attack minimum distance reduced and animation changed.
Story bosses given proc skills.
Character stats affixes removed from all common items.
Magic item affixes improved and expanded.
Character core skills stat base value and scaling increased, also synergises off the skill level.
Unused item sprites removed.
Enemies given debuff proc effects.
Side area enemies given proc effects.
Danmaku Archers side area implemented.
The Netherlands side area implemented.
Bugged runewords disabled.
IN rabbits resists adjusted.
Ten Desires side area item drops implemented.
NPC sprites changed.

Oni Brawler
"Night Parade of One Million Demons" mana scaling decreased and synergy bonus increased.
Four Devas Arcanum "Knock Out In Three Steps" remade.
Feat of Strength "Storm on Mt. Ooe" description corrected.
Flood "Venus of the Bilge" mana cost removed and damage increased.
Harbor Sign "Phantom Ship Harbor" skill calculation descriptions fixed.

Voile Fairy
"Deluge Forty Days" duration calculation corrected.
Sun Sign "Royal Flare" mana scaling and cost increased.
Fire Water Wood Metal Earth Sign "Philosopher's Stone" mana scaling and cost increased.
Electric Sign "Thunder Drum Shot" mana scaling reduced.
Star Light "Light Dragon's Sigh" mana scaling removed.
Fish Sign "Dragonfish Drill" mana cost description added.
Deathless "Xu Fu's Dimension" mana scaling removed.
Magic Sign "Stardust Reverie" nextdelay added.
Love Sign "Master Spark" animation changed.
"Possessed by Phoenix" rescaled.
Fog Sign "Gassing Garden" animation changed.

Spirit Hermit
Flower Sign "Wilting of Juniper" hp scaling reduced and number of summons scaling added.
Flower Field "Garden of the Sun" remade.
Flower Sign "The Reflowering of Gensokyo" duration increased, mana scaling added and cooldown increased.
Phantasm "The Beauty of Nature" bonus calculation corrected.
Squall "Sarutahiko's Guidance" remade.
Kappa "Dried Shirikodama" mana scaling and cost reduced.
Wilted Path "Lost Windrow" mana cost description added.
Leaf Sign "Falling Leaves of Madness" mana cost description added.
Autumn Sign "Falling Blast" mana cost description added.

Youkai Hunter
Brilliance "Rainbow Brilliance Palm" mana scaling removed and cost decreased.
Tewi trap animations changed to normal cast animations.
"Ancient Duper" duration rescaled and bonus trap summons synergy scaling reduced.
Nue Sign "Danmaku Chimera" scaling and bonus calculation corrected.

Phantom Kensei
Frost Sign "Frost Columns" mana scaling removed and cost increased.
Obsessor "Slash of the Eternity" bonus calculation corrected.
Dog Sign "Rabies Bite" animation changed.
Dog Sign "Feral Wolf" bonus calculation corrected.
Tengu "Maple Vanguard" proc effect added.
Taboo "Cranberry Trap" mana cost removed and maximum damage increased.
Taboo "Forbidden Games" remade.

Human Miko
Dream Sign "Evil-Sealing Circle" description expanded.
Tiger Sign "Hungry Tiger" scaling increased and bonus calculation corrected.
Buddhist Art "Most Valuable Vajra" bonus calculation corrected.
Frog Sign "Wily Toad" proc effect added.
Snake Sign "Orochi of Ancient Times" proc effect added.
Sea Opening "The Day the Sea Split" mana scaling and cost reduced.

Kasha Warlock
Bad Luck Sign "Bad Fortune" synergy changed.
Spider "Cave Spider's Nest" remade.
Small Thread "Kandata's Rope" remade.
Cat Sign "Cat's Walk" remade.
Cursed Sprite "Zombie Fairy" hp scaling and synergy bonus increased.
Youkai "Blazing Wheel" proc effect changed.
Deadly Dance "Law of Mortality -Demon World-" mana cost added, degen and range scaling increased.
"Resurrection Butterfly -20% Reflowering-" base duration reduced, duration scaling added and damage scaling fixed.
Butterfly Sign "Death Lance" mana scaling reduced.
Subtle Melody "Repository of Hirokawa -Divine Soul-" synergy calculation corrected and reduced.
Poor Fate "Short Life Expectancy" description calculation corrected and synergy bonus reduced.

Items
Character stats automagic spawn levels increased and capped.
Kusari-gama base weapon type changed to 2-handed thrown weapon.
Mochi Pounder attack speed increased.
General item drops adjusted to favour armour over weapons.
Orin full set bonus skill changed to proc on getting hit effect.
Base item sprites implemented.
Some item sizes adjusted.

« Reply #927 on: February 10, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
Those item sprites look incredible =o
Would you mind if I ask who made them?

Also, I wouldn't mind knowing a couple more things about the patch notes you posted. For the remade skills, how exactly were they remade, and also what proc effects are you adding to which summons? Less important I guess is Possessed by Phoenix, I'd like to know if it's being rescaled favorably or not, but I believe it's received a couple nerfs over the last few patches so I doubt you're buffing it.

Looks like you got a lot done since last patch, looking forward to playing it when it's ready :3

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #928 on: February 10, 2013, 12:51:45 PM »
Stuffman made the sprites. I don't trust anyone else to stick with me all this way for this kind of job.

I remake skills because they're either useless or bugged in some way that I can't figure out how to fix. From the top of the list down:

Four Devas Arcanum "Knock Out In Three Steps" - shown to be underwhelming and inferior to Shackles. Remade based on Leap Attack with added fire damage.
Flower Field "Garden of the Sun" - very useless. Remade as a stationary summon that retaliates when attacked.
Squall "Sarutahiko's Guidance" - bugged animations. Remade into something similar to Silent Selene.
Tengu "Maple Vanguard" - cause enemies to flee when struck, boost allies damage on attack.
Taboo "Forbidden Games" - bugged and occaisonally crashes the game. Remade into a possible overpowered leech skill.
Frog Sign "Wily Toad" - procs Froggy Braves the Elements on hit.
Snake Sign "Orochi of Ancient Times" - procs Onbashira Storm on hit, Onbashira Stun when hit, Onbashira Barrage on attack.
Spider "Cave Spider's Nest" - fairly useless. Remade into an attack skill to suit Yamame's new thrown weapon type.
Small Thread "Kandata's Rope" - limited usefulness. Remade into a poison damage buff aura.
Cat Sign "Cat's Walk" - the skill wasn't useless but was a bit boring. Remade it to look and function more like its Touhou game original.
Youkai "Blazing Wheel" - the old proc effect was always weaker than your Vengeful Cannibal Spirit skill. You'd rather have the corpse to yourself to use than let the summon waste it on a proc. Procs Fire Nova when hit, Fire Splash on hit.

Skills will generally say whether they were scaled up or down. If I only say rescaled, then the final outcome of the skill should remain roughly the same. I think Posessed by Phoenix is a little worse early on and better later now. I can't remember the exact values before I changed them.

« Reply #929 on: February 10, 2013, 06:06:49 PM »
Now that I think of it, do you mind if I ask what your favorite class is and why?
Originally this question was meant mostly for pesco but it would be cool if others shared their input as well :)
It'll also kind of give us an idea of who will be playing what if we can organize that group multiplayer session.

(Let me know if this post isn't on topic enough and clogging up the thread D:)