Author Topic: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Completed]  (Read 263738 times)

Re: Diablo2:Lord of Maidens - Touhou mod [Ver 0.92 released]
« Reply #840 on: January 06, 2013, 07:33:15 AM »
Cool ^^ Sadly i'm a -1 in arts so... yeah hardcoding I guess, are you doing like a whole new story? (writing dialogs)
I learned my english on Internet.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #841 on: January 06, 2013, 07:38:47 AM »
Touhoufied version of the events in D2. But dialogue is really limited by which character gets placed there. Act 2 has so many filler NPCs that I'm using Uwabami Breakers characters to fill them at the moment.

« Reply #842 on: January 06, 2013, 07:50:59 AM »
googled, I see... I wonder if you're planning to add like touhou characters sprites (as per sets like someone's idea I saw earlier) adding more nv state (probably 1024 or 512) is surely doable, I just wonder where those sprite would be from or you just make them...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #843 on: January 06, 2013, 07:55:17 AM »
Custom player sprites are completely unfeasible. I don't have a spriter, nor do I think it's possible to get one that will stick with me all the way to do everything. The custom animations will turn the mod into some huge size that I couldn't possibly do uploads for on my backwater connection.

Extra states will allow me to turn the players into their boss equivalents for a full equipped set as per the compromise. But it's a luxury and not a core aim of my mod.

« Reply #844 on: January 06, 2013, 08:06:09 AM »
Well, still nice I wish you continue (Lot of diablo II mod get abandonned) so keep up ^^

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #845 on: January 06, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »
transferring, not hoarding
So basically there's no way to change how much space I've got. Well, good to know.

Skype call quality is just too bad in my opinion and TS hasn't let me down ever yet.
To be honest I actually used TS extensively and exclusively for VoIP before I got Skype way back before it was 3.8. I remember it never being good in comparison to Skype. Perhaps the quality for TS has become better now? The only reason I ever get bad quality on Skype calls is if someone who has a bad internet is hosting, or if their mic sucks. I'm sure the same is said for TS though nowadays.

I sort of wish I could help with your upload issue. My upload easily tops over 300-400kbps, connection type be damned, but I'd never be able to upload for you without not having the final product myself.. which would require you to upload it in the first place. Ugh. Offer stands open if you can think of anything, though. :}

Edit :
On topic of Skype, I'd suggest not using anything beyond version 5.5.0.124. After that you can't dual screenshare talking to someone else, as well as there's less customization. I know Microsoft has bought it out, so maybe lack of quality with recent updates? ;o
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:26:02 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #846 on: January 06, 2013, 09:26:33 AM »
Teamspeak's codec is good enough for the conversations that happen in gaming, even if it might fall short for things like singing that require a higher quality codec.
I would prefer teamspeak to skype for gaming purely due to how skype calls work with the dependence on the host for the call.
It can be really annoying when the host is lagging or drops in a bigger call.

« Reply #847 on: January 06, 2013, 09:45:20 AM »
I would prefer teamspeak to skype for gaming purely due to how skype calls work with the dependence on the host for the call.
It can be really annoying when the host is lagging or drops in a bigger call.

Gotta agree there, although this can be remedied by having the call hosted by someone with a stable connection. That being said it's nearly impossible to guarantee that you won't drop the call.
This isn't a very clever signature...

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #848 on: January 06, 2013, 10:06:46 AM »
So TS doesn't have dependence on a single host like Skype does? I don't remember how TS works, so forgive me if I seem uninformed.

nearly impossible to guarantee that you won't drop the call.
Heh, Been there. After a while you end up knowing off the top of your head who has the most solid connection vs connection speed. A minor fuss when you just have a solid connector host in the first place, but I guess if TS doesn't drop the call at all, it's less of a deal? I guess that's fair enough. :)

^ Especially if you're hosting a call with like a dozen or two people.. that kind of thing I don't know if I would even want to try on a Skype call. (Does it even support more than 20 users in a call? I have no idea xD)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:10:31 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #849 on: January 06, 2013, 10:09:59 AM »
Teamspeak is hosted off various servers, and we connect to them.
Disconnects will only happen for the user that is having internet problems, unless the server itself is also having problems for whatever reason.
You also don't need to go through the trouble of adding people to calls, since it's just up to the users to connect to the server.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #850 on: January 06, 2013, 10:16:52 AM »
OOoh! Ok, I didn't know that. Yeah, that makes sense. Thank you for putting it into perspective. I understand why you chose TS now, that's a pretty nice setup.
And.. sorry for kind of derailing the thread. :ohdear:

Edit :
To put us back on topic. On the subject of Imparishable Night.

Was it intentional for the walls to be approximately 80% non-seethrough? Or is that just a game bug? Or maybe a placement bug? I know that in the vanilla game you can see through the walls you're behind. In IN, There are only a few rare places you can see through the walls you're behind. Overall, it's hard for me to see where things are in here. I definitely won't ask for a fix since the stage is absolutely staggeringly massive. (and some parts at the beginning I still don't know if it's possible to get to..)

Edit 2 :
xD Dammit Mystia killed me again. Her minions have so much life on /players 8 and she always gets me from long range with something. Not the nova of musical notes.. though that hurts. (About 20% health) We're talking something that downs like 40-50% of my health in one go. I'm running 1426 life with 80% dmg to mana (8055).. 7457 defense with their hitting me at 33% chance. (And 26 fire resist 75% everything else) She had Spectral Hit, so does she have some type of long range attack that benefits from Spectral Hit or even from single element boosts?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:00:36 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #851 on: January 06, 2013, 11:51:48 AM »
Mystia probably hit you with the succubus bolt. It may also be some sneaky little rabbit with her pellet gun.

The walls are intended to be opaque. You're fighting in a bit of a Eientei floor plan at the beginning. It was too much effort that I stopped trying to build mazes and just made silly diagrams on the minimap instead. Also no teleporting because it's intended that way.

Wypatroszony

« Reply #852 on: January 06, 2013, 06:10:13 PM »
I have started a Shou just about now and skill descriptions don't update their damage on "Hungry Tiger" nor "Most Valuable Vajra" despite having bonus Treasure. Those increases actually work (on "Hungry Tiger" at least), just the descriptions remain not updated.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #853 on: January 06, 2013, 08:14:06 PM »
Fixed those and did a thorough cleanup of all other direct damage calculaton references. That should be all weapon skills with their bonus calculations corrected.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #854 on: January 06, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »
succubus bolt / pellet gun.
Possibly. I don't think there were many rabbits (If any at the time), but the last thing that hit me WAS one of those bird minions.. When you die, the last thing to hit you appears on your defense rating, right? Likely one (or more) of them.

..intended to be opaque. Also no teleporting.
Well you might want to surf through some parts. Unless you want a few screenshots of it next time I run through that area on the corners and alleys I find that ARE see-through. I sort of find them a godsend though because they're SO GODDAMN HELPFUL <3. If you want me to help find to fix them, though, I can do that.

And I can't teleport, but I assume Sakuya has a teleport skill if I read through her skills correctly. She wouldn't be able to use it at all in IN? I sort of wish you could limit it to not through walls in IN. Somewhere in the game code.. is there a [teleport_through_walls=1] ? xD
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:13:13 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #855 on: January 06, 2013, 09:16:03 PM »
It's not a big problem if there are some places you can see through. Too much effort to fix all the map variants :V.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #856 on: January 06, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »
all the map variants :V
..Ehhhh? There's more than just two? ashfgjasf Why don't I remember that?!

I NEED TO GO PLAY IMPERISHABLE NIGHT AGAIN! :colonveeplusalpha:

Edit :
..Just found these. Thought they were... mighty interesting. I still NPC'd them because I know they're arguably useless. :/
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/Game2013-01-0703-24-39-81.png

Also, FML, the snakes on the way to the quest amulet in Act 2 are immune to magic AND ice on phantasm ... .. so much wat. :qq:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:33:34 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

« Reply #857 on: January 07, 2013, 09:31:03 AM »
Hey love what you've done so far with the game, got a kensei up through act III normal already just trying things out.

I noticed a bit of a discrepancy in the Oni Brawler though, Yuugi's storm on Mt. Ooe says it gives bonus damage and attack when a sake dish is equipped, however it seems to apply when an oni fist is equipped instead. Having a gourd in one hand and fist in the other, neither with attack mods, yielded 231 and 300 attack rating for the gourd and fist respectively. About 30% which is what the skill said it added.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #858 on: January 07, 2013, 01:22:44 PM »
That would just be a remnant of the old skill description. The mastery is only for Yuugi's weapon (Oni Fists). It used to be Sake Dish, but I turned those into shields.

« Reply #859 on: January 07, 2013, 05:23:51 PM »
Ah I see. Yeah I figured it was supposed to apply to the fists after messing with things, I figured I'd just make sure it was brought to your attention after I spent most of act 1 using a dish thinking I was getting my damage bonus only to realize I wasn't.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #860 on: January 07, 2013, 11:15:34 PM »
Is.. the Remilia shield really supposed to only change the stun duration on one rune from 1 second to 25 seconds? Or is there something I'm missing that's hidden?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #861 on: January 08, 2013, 04:51:22 AM »
What Remilia shield? If you mean the stun duration from the Mi rune, it's in frames not seconds. A similar one is the affix for freeze enemy. It's actually percent chance and not duration or anything of the sort.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:00:53 AM by Pesco »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #862 on: January 08, 2013, 05:33:23 AM »
Oh.. er.. heh. Sorry. Let me clarify. I take back my original question because I looked at the Doc. and it said
Mi / Stun, 1 sec duration
While in-game it says
(Everything): *25 stun length
I meant the rune word for Remilia, using Re Mi Ri A on a shield, and I didn't gain anything besides the rune effects. used on a normal socketed Ornate Shield I found while Sparking rabbits in the face. The documentation states the Touhouword as thus:
Remilia / Body Armour, Shields / Re+Mi+Ri+A
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/Bgrmystr2/Reimu%20II%20Lord%20of%20Maidens/Game2013-01-0723-19-56-26.png
Nothing of value was gained.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #863 on: January 08, 2013, 05:42:13 AM »
The Touhouword name shows up correctly. I wonder if it's the item type setting for shields that's being dumb there. Send me your save file so I can retest the Touhouword later.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #864 on: January 08, 2013, 05:51:45 AM »
Sure thing, I'll throw it in an RAR when I finish running IN. I don't need to send the 'SharedStashSave' file, do I? There's nothing in it anyway.

Also, as a side note, I found that Mystia was much more difficult than Reimu in IN on Nightmare /players 8. They definitely have a metric ton of health, but Mystia actually chases my ass down, and kills me quite easily. I expect someone like Reimu to be much more difficult than Rumia, and granted her spellcards are pretty wild. They simply didn't do a whole lot of damage in comparison and were stupidly easy to dodge just running around it. She threw a few homing amulets, I got smacked by the massive Yin Yang orb to the face for fire damage, my weakest resistance at 26, yet still doesn't have much effect at all. Sure as hell gets a lot of stun though.

Maybe I'm bias on my character? But when I've got like 75 resist everything else and she does the element I'm weakest to and still can't outdo Mystia? Even Keine was nuts. She smacked me once (ONLY once. <3 Holy Freeze) for arguably 4.3 thousand damage or so cracking my mana orb down to half in one swing. She exploded on death and oneshot me. Seriously. Straight up caved. I can tank 9.3 thousand damage against fire and she still blew me all over the walls upon death. Reimu's badassery is where?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #865 on: January 08, 2013, 06:11:28 AM »
Careful what you wish for.

Reimu's balls are physical. The elemental damage is the stun duration.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:14:14 AM by Pesco »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #866 on: January 08, 2013, 06:39:00 AM »
Careful what you wish for.
Hahahaha. Hey, if I'm going to die a horrible death that constitutes parts of my body there, there, and waaaayyy over there.. then I want it to be against someone I know is one of the meanest and baddest ass faces in Touhou. Bring it. :V

Just sayin it doesn't feel right being curbstomped by characters that are just a fraction (or if they're even a fraction at all) as powerful as the ones I mop the floors with. I went into the EoSD area on /players 8 earlier and had to go back to /players 1 because Rumia whipped my ass on /8.. Then on /1 I got to.. patchouli who was immune to magic used ALL the magic to.. uh.. accidentally (Or not so accidentally) my dead body. xD So I had to go back to /8 on NORMAL finish EoSD. Yet I can rock the entirety of IN on /8 on Nightmare without issue. Feel free to use my save (when I send it :x) to look at my build and test it on bosses if you like.. (not that you need it). I have a bunch of runes you can test Touhouwords with too.

...Yeah, when I get 1.0, I am SO in wayyy over my head. xD

Reimu's balls are physical. The elemental damage is the stun duration.
Ah, So no fire damage to speak of.

Edit :
I.. just reread your first sentence again, and thought of .. um... things that Reimu would kill me if she found out so I won't say them. xD
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:46:50 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #867 on: January 08, 2013, 07:02:45 AM »
Consider it this way. Under the normal way of life in Gensokyo with the spellcard rules, Reimu can indeed be all main character hax. But if you read the prologue and the little flavour details in the documentation, LoM doesn't exactly follow the spellcard rules anymore. Youkai that are free to bite you instead of going all :bullets: will own your face.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #868 on: January 08, 2013, 07:15:21 AM »
Well I didn't mean the main story, but simply the side areas dubbed after the games. Wouldn't those follow the spellcard rules as per normal since they're not really part of LoM as a 'canon'? I mean.. Reimu's not a big red dinosaur in IN..

Plus, Reimu's main character hax are really just her ability to float into other dimensions and Fantasy Heaven (IE: SWR). Otherwise, she's just just a normal little girl... With fearsome supernatural powers.

Edit :
Just got to Eirin.. and uh. She shot arrows a few times.. Lots of fire. Scary stuff. Somethin hit me with mana burn so I ran off, and now after I've killed everything and got back to her, she twangs her bow but nothing shoots out. She's just standing there as I'm typing this shooting nothing at me over and over. Might want to uh... look into that. xD
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:50:17 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #869 on: January 08, 2013, 07:58:23 AM »
it's an RPG. numbers are god, who cares about who actually wins.
also any innuendos Pesco make are at the very least left in, and are most likely completely intended.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra