Author Topic: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!  (Read 262867 times)

Re: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!
« Reply #540 on: March 01, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »
Knowing ZUN theres probably a system-based reason for tapping the key like PoFV (you dont wanna shoot all the time). Still its quite the change and I hope its not too big...

Youmu's system is just interesting so far. Tapped keys dont tap with me ATM tho. Hopefully that'll change, or the system to change b4 release :/

ZetaBladeX13

• I've had to make how many now?
Re: Touhou 13 announced!
« Reply #541 on: March 01, 2011, 01:56:51 PM »
<ScrappingSakana> YOUMU PLAYABLE?
<ScrappingSakana> HELL YEAH

Hooray for having to make yet another one =D
Original account: 8/20/2008

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #542 on: March 01, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »
Knowing the fans, the game is going to be finished (by them) before ZUN does so... at least the overlay of how it going to look when released.

« Reply #543 on: March 01, 2011, 02:23:11 PM »
I bet Sakuya & Youmu were having a duel for the 4th playable slot. With Youmu being victorious.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #544 on: March 01, 2011, 02:23:41 PM »
I'm wondering  who'll win the race of the first piece of artwork on a new character. An American for once or a Japanese?
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

ZetaBladeX13

« Reply #545 on: March 01, 2011, 02:33:36 PM »
probably some 2ch goer :V

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #546 on: March 01, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
I'm wondering  who'll win the race of the first piece of artwork on a new character. An American for once or a Japanese?
Slaves will
I mean come on do you not know how awesome slave's drawings are?

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #547 on: March 01, 2011, 03:24:52 PM »
Okay, time for a little prediction time with next to no founding whatsoever, maybe? Really, there isn't much to go on anyways...

First, this game is obviously about spirits, ghosts, the netherworld, Youmu and similars, sooooo... I'm awaiting the glorious return of the Saigyou Ayakashi. Maybe someone else is trying to bring forth the soul the sleeps beneath... or is trying to bring the tree to full bloom again? There ARE cherry petals floating around everywhere in those screenshots.

Second, tying possibly in on the first but also inspired by someone somewhere mentioning the word "Necromancer" in this thread. Maybe someone from the outside world finally managed to followed her friend into Gensokyo and started up an incident to lure her out?

Third, monkeys. Just because I feel them somewhat fitting to the theme of this game and they are an old part of Japanese mythology that's getting lost (which is usually ZUNs basic root for things that appear inside the border). I literally see before me three monkeys, one blind, one deaf, one silent jumping from the branches of the fully bloomed Saigyou Ayakashi.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #548 on: March 01, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »
First, this game is obviously about spirits, ghosts, the netherworld, Youmu and similars, sooooo... I'm awaiting the glorious return of the Saigyou Ayakashi. Maybe someone else is trying to bring forth the soul the sleeps beneath... or is trying to bring the tree to full bloom again? There ARE cherry petals floating around everywhere in those screenshots.

Oh yes, please. Since Youmu appears it might make sense if that had something to do with PCB, but to be honest, I highly doubt there'll be a return of our favourite youkai tree  :V

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #549 on: March 01, 2011, 03:31:05 PM »
Third, monkeys. Just because I feel them somewhat fitting to the theme of this game and they are an old part of Japanese mythology that's getting lost (which is usually ZUNs basic root for things that appear inside the border). I literally see before me three monkeys, one blind, one deaf, one silent jumping from the branches of the fully bloomed Saigyou Ayakashi.
Hmmm, did Sun Wukong have a particular thing about fighting evil spirits? If no, then the sooner-or-later inevitable Sun Wukong related loli is unlikely to be in this game.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #550 on: March 01, 2011, 03:42:51 PM »
Slaves will
I mean come on do you not know how awesome slave's drawings are?
Pixiv
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #551 on: March 01, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »
Hmmm, did Sun Wukong have a particular thing about fighting evil spirits? If no, then the sooner-or-later inevitable Sun Wukong related loli is unlikely to be in this game.  :derp:
I really hope not. Connecting the world of Touhou with Dragonball Z will be devastating.

« Reply #552 on: March 01, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »
I really hope not. Connecting the world of Touhou with Dragonball Z will be devastating.

It's not Dragon Ball Z, but...

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #553 on: March 01, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »

I'm reminded of SonSon from Marvel x Capcom 2. Also, we might end up getting a shaman character as well.

NekoKasane

• Uu~ I'm gonna eat youu~
« Reply #554 on: March 01, 2011, 06:06:53 PM »
So I wonder what kinds of crack pairings will be created  :derp:
edit: No Sakuya? Ffffff.... well Youmu is okay as well  :V
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:09:26 PM by NekoKasane »
Sorry for my BAD english

ZetaBladeX13

« Reply #555 on: March 01, 2011, 06:16:57 PM »
a Youmu is fine, too.  :V

Preferably, I'd like to see Sakua replace Sanae.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #556 on: March 01, 2011, 06:21:07 PM »
Looking at the screenshots again, do you know what I'd really like to see? A reference to Sayo-chan from KiKi KaiKai. I mean, it's a Taito game, and ZUN worked for Taito for a while, didn't he? :>

(Yes, I know that seeing yet another shrine maiden would be pretty much overkill at this point, and that Reimu's close enough to that anyway, but still!)

EDIT: Someone mentioned wanting to see a tanuki youkai, right? In a sequel to KiKi KaiKai, (released as Pocky and Rocky outside of Japan, (though it wasn't developed by Taito, I suppose) Sayo-chan has a partner named Manuke (aka Rocky)-- a tanuki, etc.) So.... maybe we might see a tanuki youkai? :derp:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:28:34 PM by Matsanae Kochiya »

NekoKasane

• Uu~ I'm gonna eat youu~
« Reply #557 on: March 01, 2011, 06:45:20 PM »
Preferably, I'd like to see Sakuya replace Sanae.
Or maybe add Sakuya as a 5th playable character.  :V
Sorry for my BAD english

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #558 on: March 01, 2011, 06:47:40 PM »
A tanuki youkai? I like that idea.  :derp:

Though I don't think it's so likely to happen... since it's apparently in a mausoleum of sorts. Would be more predictable if it was forest themed  :V

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

« Reply #559 on: March 01, 2011, 06:56:23 PM »
If it where to be a tanuki youkai I think it could be the 4th stage boss and change shape depending on who you are playing as.

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #560 on: March 01, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »
Of course there'll be more characters. Unless it's a gaiden game, like Shoot the Bullet, then there'll be new people.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #561 on: March 01, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
Looking at the screenshots again, do you know what I'd really like to see? A reference to Sayo-chan from KiKi KaiKai. I mean, it's a Taito game, and ZUN worked for Taito for a while, didn't he? :>

(Yes, I know that seeing yet another shrine maiden would be pretty much overkill at this point, and that Reimu's close enough to that anyway, but still!)

EDIT: Someone mentioned wanting to see a tanuki youkai, right? In a sequel to KiKi KaiKai, (released as Pocky and Rocky outside of Japan, (though it wasn't developed by Taito, I suppose) Sayo-chan has a partner named Manuke (aka Rocky)-- a tanuki, etc.) So.... maybe we might see a tanuki youkai? :derp:
Suddenly I got this comic in my head:  finnish 4koma  (danbooru warning)

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #562 on: March 01, 2011, 07:32:45 PM »
The wand in UFO was strange to me as well. But looking at the screens (We keep looking at the same screens all the time :V)

Reimu's Gohei is badass big. It must be able to smack 4 Youkai girls in one blow. I hope Marisa will have a fancy broom this time.

Now you've got me thinking of that fight scene from matrix reloaded.

inb4reimu running in a cirle kicking 10 youkai in the faces while held up by her gohei.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #563 on: March 01, 2011, 08:06:58 PM »
I think now Reimu's gohei is normal sized, I always thought it was too short before.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
« Reply #564 on: March 01, 2011, 08:21:22 PM »

He worked there? He makes better games solo then them all together  :derp: at least in my arrogant opinion, judging just by watching

Mokou Fan

Drake

« Reply #565 on: March 01, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »
ummm........I have a question, what is reimu saying in the dialogue? I don't read japanese. :)
essentally "where the fuck are all these shinrei coming from!??!??!???"
not exactly but it's pretty much just as much of empty dialogue

If it where to be a tanuki youkai I think it could be the 4th stage boss and change shape depending on who you are playing as.
It would be perfectly possible for Nameless Tanuki to do something such as that, that problem is it's likely really goddamn weak given the story.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:26:58 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #566 on: March 01, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »
Has the page been translated yet? Don't have the time (read: I'm too lazy) to read this entire thread.

also, HOLY SHIET YOUMU!!!! /pickfirst

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #567 on: March 01, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »
Yeah it was, a few times actually.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #569 on: March 02, 2011, 12:15:48 AM »
Preferably, I'd like to see Sakua just be forgotten entirely

BV