Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade: Countdown to Mima  (Read 145918 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade: Countdown to Mima
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2013, 06:05:05 PM »
Sure, if we decide to completely ignore things like WaHH and FS which show us more ordinary people's reactions to youkai. The temple is at least somewhat popular, so it's pretty obvious that Kyouko isn't supposed to be attacking every random guest. That's the kind of thing that would give them a bad reputation. And when youkai do harm humans people make a big deal out of it.

At this point I'm really not sure what sort of point you're trying to prove here. Kyouko demonstrably acts like a "guard", even though - as I've said repeatedly - she is not one, and is probably not supposed to act like one, either. So we're in agreement. Are you like, trying to find arguments where there are none, or do you just enjoy splitting hairs down to their subatomic level? Either way, dude, it's kinda tiresome and you should maybe stop beating this dead horse and enjoy the soon-to-come joyous event of one full game and one demo.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2013, 08:07:42 PM »
One more day one more day one more day cooooooooooooome oooooooooooooooooon!!!!  :getdown: -> >:(

Edit: UH is it out already, I see a patch for it already, can someone confirm?

http://www.tasofro.net/main.html
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:10:42 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Tengukami

« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2013, 09:32:48 PM »
Edit: UH is it out already, I see a patch for it already, can someone confirm?

http://www.tasofro.net/main.html

Like we covered, Tasofro discovered a major bug, and have created a patch for it. The game isn't out yet.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2013, 09:41:41 PM »
Like we covered, Tasofro discovered a major bug, and have created a patch for it. The game isn't out yet.
Thank you for the confirmation, Tengu now I can rest my nerves easily.  :derp:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2013, 11:11:32 PM »
At this point I'm really not sure what sort of point you're trying to prove here. Kyouko demonstrably acts like a "guard", even though - as I've said repeatedly - she is not one, and is probably not supposed to act like one, either. So we're in agreement. Are you like, trying to find arguments where there are none, or do you just enjoy splitting hairs down to their subatomic level? Either way, dude, it's kinda tiresome and you should maybe stop beating this dead horse and enjoy the soon-to-come joyous event of one full game and one demo.
I just disagree with the assertion that "acting like a guard" means attacking guests randomly. She's "acting like a youkai" which is a completely and totally different matter.

IE: I don't think Kyouko was acting like a guard, therefore I disagree with you entirely.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:15:58 PM by Clarste »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2013, 11:15:06 PM »
She just shouts at people and bullets come out :(

Tengukami

« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2013, 11:24:26 PM »
I just disagree with the assertion that "acting like a guard" means attacking guests randomly.
I get that, and I get that you like to repeat it, a lot. I just think it's a weird point to nitpick about but hey, you can rest satisfied that you hold the true definition of guarding. None shall question your authority on that subject, ever again. If anyone has a question as to what it means, we can refer to you. Thanks very much for the valuable service you provide.

« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2013, 11:27:51 PM »
I'm the one who said "Let's agree to disagree" on the previous page, and then you brought it up again in a snarky remark to someone else, in a way that seemed to be missing my point. Then you asked me to explain my point so I explained. I can certainly sympathize with the desire to get the last word in on any subject, but it seems to me that you're the one who refuses to let this go?

Tengukami

« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »
I'm the one who said "Let's agree to disagree" on the previous page
And then later returned today to repeat yourself. After which I said again, let's move on. Prompting you to repeat yourself again. I mean, I do know how to read.

You have asserted your superior knowledge of what guarding entails, it is recognized. Consider your authority on that matter unchallenged.

« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2013, 11:33:35 PM »
And then later returned today to repeat yourself. After which I said again, let's move on. Prompting you to repeat yourself again. I mean, I do know how to read.

You have asserted your superior knowledge of what guarding entails, it is recognized. Consider your authority on that matter unchallenged.
I returned to respond to your comment on the subject, in a slightly different direction (in regards to the nature of human and youkai relationships). Apparently when other people agree with you it's okay to keep the topic going, but when they disagree they're getting needlessly repetitive?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2013, 11:35:17 PM »
Oh my god both of you shut up

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2013, 11:36:51 PM »
Well, this is entertaining... *munches popcorn* They ought to put you two into the playable roster of TH 13.5

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2013, 11:38:22 PM »
Agreed. She's a youkai, she was just sweeping, and she ended up fighting the heroine because the end of a stage demands a boss.
Hey, guess what? The gate of the convention are probably going to open soon, so let's set our hype meters to MAXIMUM HYPE and wait for HM (and the DDC demo).
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Tengukami

« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2013, 11:41:06 PM »
Well, this is entertaining... *munches popcorn* They ought to put you two into the playable roster of TH 13.5
I'm just a background character, unfortunately. I wasn't even in the last fighting game. Besides which my usual fighting game style is AAAA AAAA AAAAAAAAAA B AAAAA *quit*

« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2013, 11:41:28 PM »
Agreed. She's a youkai, she was just sweeping, and she ended up fighting the heroine because the end of a stage demands a boss.
Hey, guess what? The gate of the convention are probably going to open soon, so let's set our hype meters to MAXIMUM HYPE and wait for HM (and the DDC demo).
In almost 2 hours. :D

Mima for 13.5 TLB. Calling it. You have to capture every card and not use a single spellcard and you can only have 5 hit combos. Every hit has to be a 5 hit combo.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:43:07 PM by Hinacle »

« Reply #225 on: May 25, 2013, 11:44:20 PM »
I wonder what the single player is like. We haven't heard any news about that, have we? "Capturing spellcards" assumes it will be like IaMP and SWR. Although I certainly hope it is.

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
« Reply #226 on: May 25, 2013, 11:45:06 PM »
Mima fans sure don't give up easily. I sympathize with you, but I wouldn't put my hopes up too high about her revival.

Tengukami

« Reply #227 on: May 25, 2013, 11:55:58 PM »
Mima fans sure don't give up easily. I sympathize with you, but I wouldn't put my hopes up too high about her revival.
I don't understand. I mean, she's definitely coming back this time. Didn't you see the thread title?

« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »
Don't forget about the SHINKIrou part of the game. Shinki and Mima fought? Helloooooo? What else could be mean besides this game being Mima'd? All the signs are there, you just have drink a bit of vodka (mima's favorite drink in canon) and squint a bit.

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2013, 12:00:22 AM »
The gates of Reitaisai open at 10:00 AM in Japan, right? Well, that's about only an hour left!
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #230 on: May 26, 2013, 12:04:10 AM »
The gates of Reitaisai open at 10:00 AM in Japan, right? Well, that's about only an hour left!

10:30 to be exact.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2013, 12:04:46 AM »
Thank you! That makes it about one more hour and thirty minutes! So hyped up!

EDIT: Hasty translation of the patch notes:
Downloading this file will upgrade your version of the game.
Run 'th135_update_101.exe
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2013, 12:09:20 AM »
Oh, you can download the day 0 patch now? Better get that done before their servers start exploding.

« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2013, 12:11:51 AM »
Oh, you can download the day 0 patch now? Better get that done before their servers start exploding.

I made a mirror on MEGA for when the servers explode.

This is allowed, right? Since it's just a patch?

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2013, 12:15:14 AM »
Apparently the patch does nothing unless it is in the directory of the game itself.

Smart Tasofro. Looks like the Hisoutensoku Patch Incident (where they found Namazu) won't happen again here.
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2013, 12:16:16 AM »
What happened then?

Wonder how fast artwork will appear.
Someone will have to rush to Tasofro's booth, buy the game, and then open up a laptop and either play through story mode or rip the files to be the fastest.

And also looking forward to Mamizou's new theme, if there is one.
If it's an arrange of Futatsuiwa from Sado, I will be a bit disappointed, unless Mamizou isn't the penultimate boss.
Signature

« Reply #236 on: May 26, 2013, 12:19:59 AM »
You want a new song then? Or an arrange of her stage theme? Although personally I'd love to hear a version of Futatsuiwa from Sado.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #237 on: May 26, 2013, 12:23:04 AM »
Something like Yukari's th075 theme. Although I will be only a bit disappointed if it wasn't the case. A arrange of Futatsuiwa from Sado is also fine.

EDIT : Still have to remind myself the difference between remix and arrangement.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:25:41 AM by Sungho »
Signature

Fonzi

• Comfort from battles
  • Cheers from beers!
« Reply #238 on: May 26, 2013, 12:23:58 AM »
I don't understand. I mean, she's definitely coming back this time. Didn't you see the thread title?

Thread name is one thing and reality is another. I didn't read it all, though. I suppose you have this info from a reliable source.

Zil

« Reply #239 on: May 26, 2013, 12:31:21 AM »
Yeah Mima's in it. No doubt about it.