Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138333 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #540 on: November 12, 2015, 07:38:11 AM »
mf feels really overtuned at the moment. Her passive does a lot more damage then it really oughta be early game, I was supporting an Ashe and Love Tap was just chunking her HP by the third every time it hit around level 4 or 5, and landing it apparently is not a very hard task.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #541 on: November 12, 2015, 03:06:02 PM »
mf feels really overtuned at the moment. Her passive does a lot more damage then it really oughta be early game, I was supporting an Ashe and Love Tap was just chunking her HP by the third every time it hit around level 4 or 5, and landing it apparently is not a very hard task.

Let's not forget she can buy Essence Reaver and IE and then proceed to have 5 seconds of 120% attack speed followed immediately by at minimum another 3 seconds. Provided she keeps applying Love Tap to a champion [Or two minions] with 30% CDR she can almost keep +120% AS permanently. And remember the bounce from Q applies Love Tap. So as long as you Q and it bounces to someone else; you WILL get that 5 second duration at minimum.

Speaking of stupid things:

1,714 damage critical. Only damage item was an IE and a LW [Not even upgraded]. I only had ~200 AD. I had not even finished Lord Dominick's; or brought a Bloodthirster [My intended last item]. I had Rapidfire/Shiv/IE.

Headshot is insane. It scales in bonus damage with Crit Chance and Crit Damage. Then the actual autoattack; complete with Headshot bonus damage; can crit in it's own right.

So Headshot is multiplied by Crit. Then it is multiplied by Crit again. Crit2

I literally headshot crit a Kah'Zix with my procs ready and did 90% to him.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:10:42 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #542 on: November 12, 2015, 04:32:13 PM »
league of aggression actually being the best thing and being super rewarded

league of being able to do things in the jungle after your first camp and not getting fucked for it

league of getting flashes in ganks not setting the jungler behind

league of being able to solo snowball, which is actually bad for the game at large, but it made solo queue more fun

I mean, I know aggression is great for the game at large and all, but the sheer existence of the League of Cleavers and the League of Warmogs already turns me off from Season 3, and unlike these two, the stupid snowballing wasn't patched until season 4.

And I am the kind of person that somehow tends to be behind a lot so season 3 wasn't a very fun season for me ;_;

@Edit

Oh, right, some time ago I got a survey from Riot asking me things like "do you enjoy the game", "would you recommend it to your friends", "do you still play" and etc, anyone else got this?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:40:08 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #543 on: November 12, 2015, 09:27:57 PM »
they send those surveys out randomly pretty frequently

i got one about chromas forever ago

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #544 on: November 12, 2015, 09:57:32 PM »
Yeah, I've gotten one about Chromas before they were released ("Would you be interested in this" etc etc), and one asking about what I thought about the PROJECT skins/video/etc after that event ended.

« Reply #545 on: November 13, 2015, 03:59:24 PM »
so uh solo queue >>> worlds apparently

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #546 on: November 14, 2015, 06:43:57 PM »
So some poor sap picked Kassadin into my Lissandra.

I don't midlane often. I don't play aggressive often. I don't get solokills often.

But at lv 5 something clicked and I just jumped on the 50% Kassadin and killed him. Then at Lv 6; after he got poked he clearly decided 'This isn't working' and all-inned me and died again.

I often play an attrition style. I poke and punish. I farm. I slowly chip at your tower. I chip at your HP to set up a jungler gank. I don't often get solokills. I'm passive-aggressive. Usually I just annoy people until they tilt and I punish them even harder, forceing them B; or making them try and kill me only to end up missing CS as I back up laughing and then poke them back. And if I can't make them tilt I either push down their towers; or poke them enough that me and my jungler can murder them instead. I don't go all-in or start fights alone because I don't have confidence to do so.

This Kassadin found out what happens if I do get solokills and DO get confidence to make solo-plays, as I proceeded to completely dominate the game to the point that despite roaming multiple times I was still 3 levels above him. I might be the most passive-aggressive laner ever... but if I'm fed? You are having NO fun today between my usual attrition combined with 'I know if you get below ~75% I can just murder you on the spot and there is nothing you can do'. At one point I walked into their jungle; killed Janna and then just casually E'ed over the wall as the entire team surrounded me to try and kill me. That's the sort of thing I do when ahead. Because I know I can get away with it.

Also 45% CDR Lissandra is absolutely disgusting. 44 second ulti. 1.6 sec Q.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:53:09 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #547 on: November 14, 2015, 09:36:42 PM »
So... I had a silly idea and then tried it with a friend. It was actually really effective and fun to play:

AP carry anivia + support Poppy as a duo botlane.
You have ridiculous kill potential with anivia's stun and high damage combined with poppy's high damage and wallslam (and high speed), while the wallslam comboes really well with the wall. Not only can poppy slam enemies into the ice wall, but even when she doesn't, the fact that enemies have to walk around the wall makes it very likely for poppy to close in for a slam anyway.
On top of that, both anivia and poppy can take unexpected amounts of punishment due to their passives. Meanwhile, Anivia gets the farm she needs to fuel her lategame powers while Poppy can survive her earlygame relatively safely, which usually is a big problem. Also, of course, it is unexpected and enemies won't know how to play against you a lot of the time.

Had two nice games just now.

Dammit, now I might have to buy Anivia just for this...  BV
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #548 on: November 14, 2015, 09:38:17 PM »
You could do the exact same thing with support Anivia and ADC Vayne.

And we know what a fed Vayne does.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #549 on: November 14, 2015, 09:53:17 PM »
You could do the exact same thing with support Anivia and ADC Vayne.

And we know what a fed Vayne does.
We thought about that, but Anivia + Poppy has some advantages over that actually. Like how a support Anivia will likely struggle with mana. Plus having a threatening and reasonably durable melee champ in the same lane as anivia helps protect her.

Of course, the vayne/anivia lane also has its advantages, but in the end, it came down to the fact that we liked poppy more than vayne (also that neither of us HAS Vayne, ofc :P )

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #550 on: November 15, 2015, 12:51:23 AM »
Feels like this pre-season, so long as you can get ahead by a kill you can pull pretty much anything anywhere and snowball ahead.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #551 on: November 15, 2015, 01:10:29 AM »
Feels like this pre-season, so long as you can get ahead by a kill you can pull pretty much anything anywhere and snowball ahead.

so it's season 3 all over again? ;_;

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #552 on: November 24, 2015, 09:01:59 PM »
Hey guys Poppy might be a champion now

The new ult looks even dumber than her old one tbh; it's basically an instant 4v5 unless you are against Ekko.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #553 on: November 24, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »
Except for the fact that the ult needs to be channeled to get full-power out of it and she can easy be cc'd or otherwise interrupted during that time. Compare that to current ult where she clicks on a support and then proceeds to laugh at your team as she smashes their faces without worry. I honestly have no idea how you get "dumber" out of it.

EDIT: Honestly I was almost in tears as I read, watched, and listened to this rework. I never liked top-lane and it's isolated, melee-focused playstyle. Poppy has potentially changed my mindset on that. I won't be able to try her out until I get a new computer, but I just love everything about this rework's "theme" so much that I need to play this champ.

Also Poppy confirmed biggest lovable dork in League.  :3
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:11:36 PM by Mimeslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Bardiche

« Reply #554 on: November 25, 2015, 09:23:02 AM »
I kinda dislike how extremely similar her voice is to Tristana (comes with having the same VO, but I'm pretty sure she has a much wider range...), but I love the kit. Especially that W, which is just flipping a big middle finger to the League of Mobility (with some exceptions). Poppy stopping Yasuo dashes. Poppy stopping Graves dashes. Poppy stopping Kindred dashes. Poppy stopping Leblanc dashes.

The only issue is that if the team has little mobility or mobility like Talon/Ekko, who blink, Poppy's W has pretty much no active component besides movement speed for her. That feels bad.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #555 on: November 25, 2015, 01:40:44 PM »
Except for the fact that the ult needs to be channeled to get full-power out of it and she can easy be cc'd or otherwise interrupted during that time. Compare that to current ult where she clicks on a support and then proceeds to laugh at your team as she smashes their faces without worry. I honestly have no idea how you get "dumber" out of it.

Thing is do you need full power to send someone far enough out of the fight to automatically win it?  Especially in fights where it throws them over terrain [read: not in a lane]. Full power is like; from middle of midlane to the T2 tower.

Also the Hecarim and Skarner nerfs on the PBE just make me ask: Why?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:43:13 PM by Raikaria »

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #556 on: November 25, 2015, 02:18:46 PM »
Also the Hecarim and Skarner nerfs on the PBE just make me ask: Why?
I don't see that as much of a nerf to Hecarim. The changes to base HP and HP growth mean that he'll break even at only level 4, right? Moving the unit collision to his E makes sense even if it is technically a nerf I guess but it's a really superficial one.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #557 on: November 25, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »
I don't see that as much of a nerf to Hecarim. The changes to base HP and HP growth mean that he'll break even at only level 4, right? Moving the unit collision to his E makes sense even if it is technically a nerf I guess but it's a really superficial one.

Hecarim has one of the largest models in the game. It's a pretty big nerf considering that. Consider a teamfight in a chokepoint. Hecarim is going to have issues moving around simply because he's so large. [Ever tried moving in a conjested area as 6 stack Cho'Gath?]

And you can't break even on HP when your base is lower [20] and your per level gain is lower [5].

And he just had his lane playstyle GUTTED by the Homeguard change. [Lane Hecarim rushes Homeguards so he can spam all his mana on Q's for harass and push; B; then get back to lane without missing anything] Hecarim just had a massive indirect nerf.

I can't see any reason for the Hecarim nerfs. Or Skarner for that matter.

That said I think Caitlyn's too good and Riot go and buff her. Literally oneshotting a Vayne's spirit that an Illioi pulled out of her is funny.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:44:53 PM by Raikaria »

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #558 on: November 25, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »
And you can't break even on HP when your base is lower [20] and your per level gain is lower [5].
Interesting, I read that on the page as an increase rather than a decrease for some reason. This is what I get when I finally decide to stop lurking, now I look like an idiot.

You're right, that is a sizable Hecarim nerf.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:53:34 PM by ExPorygon »

Bardiche

« Reply #559 on: November 28, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »
One thing I like about the pre-season is that people let me get away with experimental builds.

Like full ArPen Kindred. 30 ArPen from Serrated Dirk + Youmuu's, plus another 9 at that point from the Cunning mastery, plus another 11.5 from my runes. 50 ArPen was actually pretty strong! Of course, you give up on attack speed a little, but Youmuu helps with that.

Any interesting new-fangled builds people here've run? Syndra + Haunting Guise + Magic Pen Marks + Sorc Boots + Cunning mastery = 42+ magic pen, gg no re ADCs/people that don't build M.resist.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #560 on: November 30, 2015, 09:55:32 PM »
Meanwhile; on the PBE:

Rumble

Flamespitter [Q] - Now deals full damage to jungle monsters (from half damage)

._. Rito you doing a Nidalee again?

Because I really don't think it's a good thing for Rumble to jungle because Electro-Harpoon; ranged x2 slows. Plus he has a speedboost. And his R.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #561 on: November 30, 2015, 10:29:50 PM »
this might change later but currently AP itemization is too expensive for AP junglers to really be all that appealing so I don't think jungle rumble will really catch on. also the smite item kind of fucks with his desired buildpaths

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #562 on: December 01, 2015, 12:05:27 AM »
Obviously jungle rumble goes Cinderhulk + Cryface + Rylais + Abyssal + Randuins. Duh.

...I'd try it.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #563 on: December 01, 2015, 12:08:29 AM »
Obviously jungle rumble goes Cinderhulk + Cryface + Rylais + Abyssal + Randuins. Duh.

...I'd try it.

this honestly wouldn't be terrible if you built the cinderhulk later

getting a smite item still puts his damage output pretty far back tho. no zhonya's is also a thing to think about

Bardiche

« Reply #564 on: December 01, 2015, 06:10:38 PM »
I have a friend who plays jungle Rumble since Season 5, he's still having success with it.

Meanwhile, I've found a hero in Pantheon and Syndra. Syndra especially is disgusting: get 3.6 Magic pen from masteries at level 1, and then another 7.83 magic pen from runes. That's 11 magic penetration from the get go. At level 8, you'll probably have completed your Sorcs, so you're looking at 3 + (8 * .6) + 7.83 + 15 = 30 magic penetration! With how little people buy magic defences, and with how easily Syndra can initiate with Q+E or W+E, she feels incredibly strong against whatever she's fighting.

Pantheon, meanwhile, just lobs his spear at his opponents and bullies them out of the lane endlessly. Due to building Youmuu's, you're looking at 20 + 7% arpen... and I usually get a Maw of Malmortius for all the magic damage. That's 30 arpen! Everyone shall feel privileged to die at my (ridiculously oversized) feet.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #565 on: December 01, 2015, 07:35:19 PM »
I love how I finally come back to playing after like 8 months of not and my homegirl Quinn is now bonkers and I get to make people in top lane very annoyed even moreso now.
BIRD IS THE WORD

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #566 on: December 02, 2015, 08:06:34 AM »
this might change later but currently AP itemization is too expensive for AP junglers to really be all that appealing so I don't think jungle rumble will really catch on. also the smite item kind of fucks with his desired buildpaths

Diana is still doing alright in the jungle and Rumble generally builds a similar path. Also Rumble is still melee and still autoattacks so Runeglaive isn't awful on him. Especially since the CDR doesn't matter too much since you cool down as you waddle between camps.

And a character with a massive ranged AoE slow ultimate; a self-haste; high damage output and a double-ranged slow should probobly be getting quite a lot of murder gold. Especially the R. See someone use their dash? Get them killed from longer range than any other jungler probobly could at lv 6.

Oh and he can go Chilling for even more sticking power.

I mean I could be wrong and over-estimateing Rumble's ganking power and potential in a situation where he has downtime to wait for heat cooling down. But I don't think itemisation is that much of an issue of Jungle Rumble. He dosen't really need to stack magic pen like he does in lane as a jungler. He just needs Runeglaive/RCS.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #567 on: December 02, 2015, 10:08:12 AM »
i don't think you're underestimating his ganking power, i just think you might be overestimating his damage output. if a jungler doesn't have hard cc, they need to have a buttload of damage to get kills(in solo queue, at least, when you can't trust your laners to use their own cc properly. or even have any.). rumble is really dependent on his item spikes and going for runeglaive kind of screws with his ideal buildpath and what items he wants to build.

i mean, i could be wrong because it does allow teams to pick a rumble and still have another top lane slot, so even if his damage is lower or he doesn't gank as good as like, elise or something, there could be team configurations that still work with it. there's also supposed to be another pass on AP items again soon i think? so idk. maybe it'll become a thing

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #568 on: December 02, 2015, 02:29:49 PM »
Personally I find this amazing because it beats having the same 5 champions pick/banned in the jungle almost every pro game.

More diversity is always good, even if it is minor.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #569 on: December 02, 2015, 05:05:03 PM »
i don't think you're underestimating his ganking power, i just think you might be overestimating his damage output. if a jungler doesn't have hard cc, they need to have a buttload of damage to get kills(in solo queue, at least, when you can't trust your laners to use their own cc properly. or even have any.). rumble is really dependent on his item spikes and going for runeglaive kind of screws with his ideal buildpath and what items he wants to build.

i mean, i could be wrong because it does allow teams to pick a rumble and still have another top lane slot, so even if his damage is lower or he doesn't gank as good as like, elise or something, there could be team configurations that still work with it. there's also supposed to be another pass on AP items again soon i think? so idk. maybe it'll become a thing

It's also worth mentioning Rumble excels at skirmishing and fights either in jungle chokepoints or at Dragon/Baron/Rift Heral because of his ultimate. The objective control element of Rumble because of The Equalizer completely skipped my mind.

I mean personally I think Rumble is a champion who should not be encouraged to jungle. Riot thought this too when they made him since they gave him a 50% penalty to jungle monster damage. I'm afraid it'll be oppressive like Jungle Nidalee was if it is good. There are already multiple AP champions who are on the cusp of jungle viability that people sometimes legitimately play jungle [Malzahar/Kayle] or used to before Magus got killed [Cassio/Karthus]. I'd rather Riot make changes to those champions to encourage an off-playstyle that already exists than try something completely off the rails.

Because then you get Mordekaisers and Jungle Nidalees oppressing the entire game.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:10:01 PM by Raikaria »