Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138343 times)

Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #480 on: November 02, 2015, 02:15:59 PM »
I wanna see fabbby in the pro scene, but it will never happen.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #481 on: November 02, 2015, 04:27:34 PM »
5/5 in provisionals. Got placed in Silver II.  :V

Also, all but one game were one-sided stomps.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #482 on: November 02, 2015, 09:40:28 PM »
Personally, I think Sneaky is #1, but dlift is a reaaaaaally close second.

actually yeah, i can accept this. pretty close between those two

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #483 on: November 04, 2015, 12:17:41 AM »
HUGE UPDATES for the 2016 season.

Highlights:
-New Champ Select info
--You now enter ranked games showing the roles you want most
---Matchmaking will place you with players that vary in what roles they want, teambuilder-esque.
--You can now choose the champ you'd like most before pickban for the rest of your team to see. Make sure your team knows you want to play that permabanned champ.
--THE LAST THREE PICKS ON THE TEAM GET TO CHOOSE THE BANS
--Pick is now one at a time, though unchanged from the 1-2-2-2-2-1 order. Pick Order is now enforced, so the guy below you in a twopick can't instalock.
--Lock-Ins are now required to progress pickban, or else it results in a Dodge.

-YOU CAN NOW RANKED QUEUE WITH ANY NUMBER OF FRIENDS. This means Solo Que, Duo Que, Trio Que, etc, all the way up to a full Queue of teammates for Draft.

-CLIMBING SUB-GOLD IS NOW EASIER. YOU NOW GET AN AUTO-WIN IF YOU LOSE A SERIES AND GET ANOTHER NEXT GAME
--Does not apply to the 5-game series jumping a whole League.

-Riot has hired Gaben to dictate how they make more money
-Riot finally decides to take something cool from DotA2 but instead of any of the shit people want they take Valve's method of making money
-Riot's introducing a new Key/Crate and Crafting system which is pretty much exactly like how Valve does it
-The Hatocolypse is expected to come to League within the year

-More group stuff called 'clubs' so we can all have a MotK chat on League or something, didn't read very much into it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:45:37 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #484 on: November 04, 2015, 01:49:36 AM »
-More group stuff called 'clubs' so we can all have a MotK chat on League or something, didn't read very much into it.
You mean like the MotK chatroom in-client that used to see a small handful of us on at peak times but now literally no one uses? :V

After reading it over, it's basically a guild. Like, that's legit what it is: a guild from any given MMO by a slightly more sensible and up-to-date name.

Beyond that, I absolutely ADORE those changes to ranked. If I ever get consistent enough internet to play regularly, I MIGHT just use it with a few friends.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:55:57 AM by Patorikku »

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #485 on: November 04, 2015, 04:45:41 AM »
Someone please tell me whether or not they're getting rid of that godawful adobe air client. Seriously, the current client looks and runs like a student-made project for some undergrad CS class.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #486 on: November 04, 2015, 04:50:20 AM »
Someone please tell me whether or not they're getting rid of that godawful adobe air client. Seriously, the current client looks and runs like a student-made project for some undergrad CS class.

I don't think they've been using Adobe AIR since the last client change?

And even then, if you read the thing, you'll see that they are making a new client from scratch (and the comments specifically say "no adobe AIR") so...

Specifically, they'll be using HTML/JS/CSS for the UI and C++ for core functionality.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:17:35 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #487 on: November 04, 2015, 05:27:01 AM »
The alpha client looks absolutely amazing, but it won't be hitting until Quite a Bit Later.
I'm most excited for the interface changes, but that's mainly because I fancy myself a little bit of a design nerd.

Don't tell me this isn't sexy.
I will not believe you.

You mean like the MotK chatroom in-client that used to see a small handful of us on at peak times but now literally no one uses?
i'm on it a lot and it's usually just me and watermelonz :qq:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #488 on: November 04, 2015, 06:18:25 AM »
i'm on it a lot and it's usually just me and watermelonz :qq:

Yeah...when I came on it'd I usually only see two people including myself. Sadly, I already play with IRL friends, so I don't have too many games with MotKers. I think I've played with MJP/Triangles a bunch, and someone who really liked Ahri. Think I got Suikama for a few ARAMs too. Don't think I've ever done a full MotK team.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #489 on: November 04, 2015, 06:29:31 AM »
Yeah...when I came on it'd I usually only see two people including myself. Sadly, I already play with IRL friends, so I don't have too many games with MotKers. I think I've played with MJP/Triangles a bunch, and someone who really liked Ahri. Think I got Suikama for a few ARAMs too. Don't think I've ever done a full MotK team.
Yeah, this is basically how it is for me. MJP and triangles may be the only MotK-goers I actually recall playing with regularly, and I just never see anyone else in the chat.

Don't tell me this isn't sexy.
I will not believe you.
Okay consider me hyped. Even if I rarely play at this point, consider me hyped. Season 6 will be a good season for League.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #490 on: November 04, 2015, 07:28:19 AM »
Rioter confirmed it's not gonna be adobe air
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #491 on: November 04, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
I am not sure I like the idea of q-ing up to regular ranked with a 3~5 man team. When I play ranked soloq (yes, I know, I barely do it at all, but still), I play to gauge my own skill level. Qing up against a 5-man premade, with no disadvantage to them, seems not too nice. But the main reason is that being put together with a 3~4 man premade can already be annoying in normals; through the premade not communicating with the "leftovers" and blaming/flaming them for anything that goes wrong, as well as a general feeling of entitlement. Well, I am not too keen to see that dynamic influenced by the high-blood-pressure environment of ranked. Lets hope my concns are irrational... :ohdear:

Other ranked and draft changes look excellent though.  :3

I have no idea what to think about the chest/crafting stuff, but it didn't seem to me like there is any downside if you already don't spend any money on the game. So probably just means randomly getting small amounts of free stuff, probably, which is nice.

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #492 on: November 04, 2015, 07:15:40 PM »
Great changes. Having tri queue means I can play with my brother and whoever else and keep all 3 lanes stable.

And the mystery crates will give me something to play for besides ranks since I mostly cleared the shop of Champions.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #493 on: November 06, 2015, 09:16:18 PM »
Hey, can we actually have a full MotK game sometime? (at least those of you on NA, heh)

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #494 on: November 07, 2015, 06:42:56 AM »
Round out placements 7/3 with a massive win streak vs mainly gold 5s and silver 1-2s, get silver 3. Which rioter dick ya gotta suck...?

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #495 on: November 08, 2015, 12:32:36 AM »
Round out placements 7/3 with a massive win streak vs mainly gold 5s and silver 1-2s, get silver 3. Which rioter dick ya gotta suck...?

I know they shifted the weight already, but if you lost more of your first few matches, then you're still bound to get placed significantly lower.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #496 on: November 08, 2015, 12:54:30 AM »
Makes me regret not playing ranked in season one when you could power nuke your way to the top without promos and stomping your lane opponent was more rewarding.

Ranked is such a grind now regardless of your skill level or knowledge of the game.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #497 on: November 08, 2015, 01:05:02 AM »
...isn't that how it's supposed to be though? After all, forcing a huge number of games guarantees that you're put in the exact spot you're supposed to be in due to sheer sample size.

Not only that, but if your skill really is so much better than your current rank, people have proven (time and time and time and time again) that you can climb ranks preeeeeetty quickly.

(Plus, if you're playing ranked, it's implied that you actually care about being hardcore and competitive.)

« Reply #498 on: November 08, 2015, 01:26:07 AM »
Well lots of people got to the top in season 1 and basically never dropped down in a time were games were far more easy to carry, way more flip floppy and most people didn't understand the game in a time were there wasn't even a real meta.

These days people have access to more out of game tools than just a highly rated moba fire guide, and the game's age and lcs has grown a more skilled player base.
As well as riot reducing the carry potential of everything in the game in order to promote team play.

You can of course climb quickly still but nothing compared to then when you could have 25 katarina games played and be diamond.

Whether it suppose to be like that is mostly a matter of opinion I'm just grumbling that it isn't like that anymore since I don't have all the time in the world to play games.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:34:07 AM by Cadmas »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #499 on: November 08, 2015, 09:30:42 AM »
I know they shifted the weight already, but if you lost more of your first few matches, then you're still bound to get placed significantly lower.
I lost my first 3 games. Then won the next 3. Ended 5/5. Got placed higher than him. So... idk. I would assume it has to do with the mmr of the people you play with and against, as well as, possibly, starting mmr from the previous season.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #500 on: November 08, 2015, 12:24:06 PM »
mmr from previous season is always taken into account since Riot never does a Hard Reset of leagues - only a soft reset.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #501 on: November 08, 2015, 10:45:17 PM »
You can of course climb quickly still but nothing compared to then when you could have 25 katarina games played and be diamond.

there is literally nothing good about this lol

there's someone i know about who got to 1.8-2k elo back in s1 doing some cheese pick every match. that same guy has been "trapped" in bronze every season since they changed the system. i'd say that the ability to be super high elo in very few matches is something that's better gone

and i'm saying this as someone who also doesn't have the time to grind ranked anymore. you either find a way to put the time into ranked/improving/ascending, or you concede that your rank just isn't important enough compared to other shit you have to do in your life. crying that you can't hit high elo in like barely any games anymore just makes you look like you want to eat your cake and have it too.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #502 on: November 08, 2015, 11:59:04 PM »
I think the dream to get gold is over. Too many feeders in my teams, despite me winning my lanes almost every time.

Only good match ive had recently was my last one that was a 50 minute close sprawl  but even then I lost anyway anf got booted to 0 lp

But seriously fuck silver 1.
Farming Rengar.
Ashe top (who pushes constantly)
Tahm mid

This shit is what I put up with
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:01:33 AM by NekoNekoRex »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #503 on: November 09, 2015, 07:54:50 AM »
The meta exists because of resource optimization.

If you're in an ELO where no one maximizes their usage of resources anyway, the meta doesn't really matter.

Example: I've won games with AP Vayne before.

And as someone once pointed out "If you're doing that well and you still lost, that probably meant that another lane was struggling. Go help them."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #504 on: November 09, 2015, 08:26:34 AM »
The meta exists because of resource optimization.

Meta in itself is an acronym for 'Most Effective Tactic Avaliable'.

So in a game with limited resources [Gold/XP on the map and Objectives] meta by definition means most efficient allocation and securing of those resources

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #505 on: November 09, 2015, 09:47:06 AM »
i've plugged this guy before but if you are currently "waaah i can't win" then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQr0dgCYKhw

and basically every other video of his

« Reply #506 on: November 09, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »
And as someone once pointed out "If you're doing that well and you still lost, that probably meant that another lane was struggling. Go help them."

I have trouble with this cause many times I don't get ahead and just go even. So helping other lanes normally means giving up your tower and losing out on farm.

So now I play karthus

Season ends tomorrow lol well no regrets was a bad season imo.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:33:08 PM by Cadmas »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #507 on: November 09, 2015, 09:54:29 PM »
So helping other lanes normally means giving up your tower and losing out on farm.

learn wave control bro

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #508 on: November 09, 2015, 10:09:48 PM »
i've plugged this guy before but if you are currently "waaah i can't win" then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQr0dgCYKhw

Bookmarked and going to watch all those videos.

« Reply #509 on: November 09, 2015, 10:11:15 PM »
learn wave control bro

You mean shove the shit out of the lane. Which I don't like to do cause I play like an EU sandbagger.