Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138332 times)

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #450 on: October 25, 2015, 09:32:28 PM »
It's China falling to our level.

please. please stop.

context is so important. stop ignoring it.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #451 on: October 26, 2015, 12:14:17 AM »
Raikaria Logic:

Rock beats Scissors. Scissors beat Paper. Therefore, Rock is THAT much better than Paper!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #452 on: October 26, 2015, 07:02:32 PM »
My personal hope is that every player on a team also gets a single ban.  Ups the ban count, no more captains deciding the bans.

I don't play Ranked anymore (haven't for a long time) but I am curious what the changes will be.
Too bad, the recent Balance Team Q&A just confirmed there won't be more then three bans next season.

@Raikaria

As Support, I like ganking mid after first back.
Sounds like good advice, I'll be sure to try it next time I'm playing (and hopefully get Ran to play ADC with me more instead of Kindred)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 07:11:26 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #453 on: October 28, 2015, 11:58:55 AM »
Platinum 3! I feel like now is a good time to quit.

... I kind of want to try the mad dash for Diamond V before season end.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #454 on: October 28, 2015, 07:30:58 PM »
I finally got to Silver 1 after 9 tries, despite having my Diamond Smurf friend help me most of the time.

God damn I hate Elo Hell.

I'll be making a mad dash for Gold, myself.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #455 on: October 28, 2015, 08:58:13 PM »
I finally got to Silver 1 after 9 tries, despite having my Diamond Smurf friend help me most of the time.

God damn I hate Elo Hell.

I'll be making a mad dash for Gold, myself.

ELO Hell is just something people made up to justify why they aren't winning, in my experience. As long as you get more LP on a win than you lose on a loss, you're fine.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #456 on: October 28, 2015, 10:14:23 PM »
So Riot are posting about the ADC changes and preseason in general.

Tons of stuff; but there's 6 big major reworked ADC's:

Quinn: Completely new ultimate which is basically GOTTA GO FAST out of combat. Really fast. Also her Q is pretty much completely reworked. Her concept is 'roaming'.
Corki: His passive will split his AA's 50/50 into Physical and Magic. Also can pick up 'THE PACKAGE' from base for a 'SPECIAL DELIVERY' [He gets out of combat movespeed until he uses an empowered Valk]
Caitlyn: They've not said much except her focus is zone control. Traps work on charges and Traps/E guarentee Headshots.
Miss Fortune: R can crit. Reworking passive on W. R will shoot more waves per rank too
Graves: HIS AUTOATTACS ARE Q'S
Kog'Maw:

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bardiche

« Reply #457 on: October 29, 2015, 12:10:43 AM »
Corki. Raikaria isn't entirely correct in "movement speed until he uses Valkyrie": the thread just specifies he gets it "temporarily", with no explanation of how long that is.

Rest of the threads pinned here, interesting to look at. I'd say top laners should look at Rift Herald, but I'm not sure how the Rift will look, with Corki being a good candidate for midlane Marksman, apparently. Might be top laners go some other lane after pre-season?

Honestly, these changes have me worried over what League will look like. :^) The loss of stealth wards might bite the most. EDIT: Nevermind! Some context: I buy stealth wards to improve my laning security as whatever lane I go to.

HOWEVER: Pink wards will be cheaper, and YELLOW TRINKET STARTS WITH TWO WARDS!
Junglers weep massively, but whatever! I stopped playing jungle for the most part anyway. 8)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 12:17:32 AM by Bardiche »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #458 on: October 29, 2015, 01:12:15 AM »
Quinn's rework is prompting a lot of divisiveness.  Her R now has a channel time to activate, but grants +70-+130% total movement speed (that's after things like items, ally buffs, etc) which is apparently enough to get her to the center of the map before homeguards is off.  It also has no cooldown.  But she can't do stuff in R-mode (attacks auto end it), and the burst when switching out of R got weakened.  Also, her Q no longer blinds; rather it marks the initial target hit, deals extra damage based on target missing health, and half resets if it kills a unit.  It could be interesting, but I'll reserve judgment until I get to actually try it out.

Caitlyn's stuff is that her traps are now on an ammo system with a slower reload.  Also, her Headshots now scale with crit, and she can use free double range Headshot autos on anything she hits with her net or her traps (with the natural damage of her net/traps being reduced a bit to compensate).  Cupcakes now actually dangerous.

Miss Fortune's new passive is... interesting.  Strut is moved onto her W.  Instead of stacking Impure Shots now, her passive is that she gets bonus damage on autos whenever she hits something she didn't hit the last time.  That lane harass is going to be nasty.  (Also hell yeah actual lategame relevance on R)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:15:42 AM by Garlyle »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #459 on: October 29, 2015, 01:35:15 AM »
Lucian feels like he's going to be a goddamn monster in the preseason, his ult is getting changed to fire 20/25/30 bullets regardless of your attack speed which frees him to do build literally anything else.

Between that and the new Essence Reaver, I'm willing to say that ER + Youmuu's is going to be part of his core build, simply because holy fucking shit 40% cdr dashes yes.

Oh and Vayne's W has been summarily nerfed to basically only work against tanks. Expected, I suppose >_>

Tristana also seems to be being pushed from lategame hyper carry to midgame sieger. Her E and Q no longer get lower cd when hitting a target affected by E but her E now automatically explodes upon reaching full stacks, this also resets her W cd which is great.

Kog'maw is now going to be AD Carry Xerath. W now doubles his Attack Speed and his Attack Speed cap, allowing up to 5 attacks per second (which makes it impossible to attack-move), to compensate however, he loses 40% of his AD for the duration, which basically means that IE (and any crit, really) is dead on him since crits will only deal a 20% bonus damage (50% with IE) while his W is up.

PD/Shiv/Runaan's are now also supposed to take the same slot, IE/ER same and BT/Scimitar/New item called "Death's Dance" also same. Scimitar now has Lifesteal and Runaan's now has crit so yay?

Oh, and the corki passive movement speed works just like homeguards.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:40:18 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #460 on: October 29, 2015, 02:35:43 AM »
ELO Hell is just something people made up to justify why they aren't winning, in my experience. As long as you get more LP on a win than you lose on a loss, you're fine.

If there's one place that I can call ELO Hell, it's Plat 1 promos. That's where you'll likely find the d5 trolls, gatekeepers, boosted players, smurfs, "smurfs", angry duo q, and ego-inflated try-hards all in one game.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #461 on: October 29, 2015, 03:43:48 AM »
I consistently get a net gain of LP with wins and losses, but every time I hit a series I get put with terrible teams and champ select trolls. I got champ select trolls deciding my series three times in a row.
Albeit 4 of the 9 tries were done when I didn't have my friend to duo with, at one point I spiraled into a losing streak that put me back at Silver 3 and threatening Silver 4.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #462 on: October 29, 2015, 06:18:26 AM »
I consistently get a net gain of LP with wins and losses, but every time I hit a series I get put with terrible teams and champ select trolls. I got champ select trolls deciding my series three times in a row.
Albeit 4 of the 9 tries were done when I didn't have my friend to duo with, at one point I spiraled into a losing streak that put me back at Silver 3 and threatening Silver 4.

If you really deserve these promos, you'll get there eventually. Even if you somehow consistently get fucked up by trolls in the game, assuming your MMR is high enough, it is entirely possible to simply skip your promos.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #463 on: October 29, 2015, 07:31:15 AM »
Honestly looking at all these changes I'm terrified we're going back to S2 where the game was, at every phase of the game, the ADC and four cannon fodders. Except the lategame. Where the other four players were probobly even more worthless than cannon fodder.

I mean this is why Riot's been holding back on buffing the role for so long despite every other role power creeping with items ect. [It's also why I often say if people complain about ADC's 'weakness' that they are comparing it to S2 where they were basically gods, and of course they'd feel weak compared to that]

And this is someone who if he can't get his two main roles [Jungle/Support] generally goes ADC.

Edit:

Found something which kinda alleviates my fears. Last Whisper [And it's build paths] are being made to penetrate BONUS armor only. Like Yasuo R. For a champion with 80 natural armor [most have higher] this is 28 more armor than they had before against LW. Which is 28% more effective HP. LW's upgrades seem to pen 40% bonus armor while LW itself is 30%. But for 40% bonus to break even with 35% All armor you need ab obscene amount of bonus armor, possibly more than anything but being D/C'ed on the fountain gives you. MAYBE Rammus can reach it. With a Braum buffing him. And a Galio. Not gonna math it, since every champion's base armor varies.

So unless you are Thresh [16 base armor; rest is bonus from souls]; this is a pretty decent change.

It also makes Last Whisper literally useless if the enemy is not building pretty significant amounts of armor/has significant armor steroids like Rammus.

And even then Lucian [His R is going to fire a flat 20/25/30 shots]; Graves [Every autoattack is a Buckshot] and MF [R is fireing faster with rank now] might be better off with Cleaver. And Corki probobly won't want LW anyway because his AA's are hybrid.

Edit: Ah screw it I'll math for the 80 base armor circumstance.

80 base armor with old LW would lose 28 armor.

At 35% penetration; to penetrate 28 armor you need 80 bonus armor.

Upgraded LW now penetrates 40% bonus armor only. So, we disregard the 35% that used to be penetrated anyway; and need to work out how much bonus armor you need for the 5% extra bonus pen to break even with the 28 you are losing on base.

So 28*20 = 560 bonus armor.

And this gets worse and worse on higher base armors.

Even in the absolute best-case senario; Thresh; he needs 112 Bonus Armor for you to break even.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:46:23 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Bardiche

« Reply #464 on: October 29, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »
For a champion with 80 natural armor [most have higher] this is 28 more armor than they had before against LW. Which is 28% more effective HP.

Are you addicted to making incorrect statements? Unless they change the formulas, 28 armour does NOT correspond to 28% damage reduction. 80 Armour provides 44% damage reduction. Reduce it by 28, you have 52 Armour which provides 34% damage reduction. If you have 200 Armour, it gives 67% damage reduction. Take off 28, you have 172 Armour, for 63% damage reduction.

That's not 28% more effective HP. The difference of losing 28 Armour or not at 80 natural Armour is 10% damage reduction, NOT your touted 28%.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:41:38 AM by Bardiche »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #465 on: October 29, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »
Are you addicted to making incorrect statements? Unless they change the formulas, 28 armour does NOT correspond to 28% damage reduction. 80 Armour provides 44% damage reduction. Reduce it by 28, you have 52 Armour which provides 34% damage reduction. If you have 200 Armour, it gives 67% damage reduction. Take off 28, you have 172 Armour, for 63% damage reduction.

That's not 28% more effective HP. The difference of losing 28 Armour or not at 80 natural Armour is 10% damage reduction, NOT your touted 28%.

Effective HP is not the same as percentage damage reduction.

1000 HP + 28 Armor is effectively 1280 HP against physical damage.

Look at the formulea. Right from the wiki:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Armor

25 armor → ?0.8 incoming physical damage (20% reduction, +25% effective health).
100 armor → ?0.5 incoming physical damage (50% reduction, +100% effective health). [If you are taking 50% reduced damage; you need to take 2000 HP worth of damage to get through 1000 HP. It takes 100% extra damage to kill you.]

Here's a video that explains it clearly too. It's an older video but the formulae has not changed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN-d8mlsnqM#t=23s&user=DiffTheEnder

Do your research before flaming. This is also why on champions who heal significantly or have shields; armor/mr are so effective. Because Armor/MR makes every shield/heal 1% better per point of resist. And why you see people usually if going for a HP/Resist item; build the HP first.

You're basically trying to say damage reduction = effective HP; which is like saying 1 ton = 1 tonne. When doing these calculations effective HP is a far easier comparative measure then attempting to work out the change in damage reduction %.

To put it simply; every point of armor makes every 100 points of HP like 101 points. 2 points makes it like 102. And so on. A 4000 HP Dr.Mundo with 100 Armor needs to take 8000 points worth of physical damage to die [50% DR]; assumeing he's not healing/hurting himself. A 200 armor/4000 HP Mundo needs to take 12,000 points of physical damage to die [66% DR]. A 300 Armor/4000 HP needs to take 16,000 damage [75% DR]. You can work out the damage reductions yourself and see for yourself.

Using this you can work out exactly how tanky each champion is from base stats against physical and magical damage. Rammus might have the highest natural armor; but someone else might have a higher effective HP against physical attacks due to a higher base HP.

For reference; Rammus has has 4,143.17 effective HP at lv 18 from his base stats against physical damage. Darius actually has 4,516.078 due to having a significantly higher base HP, despite his lower armor. [Of course in practice Rammus is usually tankier because of Defensive Ball Curl giving him a massive armor steroid.]

[Rammus = 2026 + [2026*1.04.5] Darius = 2282 + [2282*0.979]]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:28:16 AM by Raikaria »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #466 on: October 30, 2015, 12:53:27 PM »
Woooooah changes... @_@

Considering that raw numbers are usually the things that can be (and are) easily and frequently tinkered with, I am right now more interested in general conceptual changes.

So. Support income items can now be combines with sigthstone into a single item, which takes away the item active for stat-efficiency and freeing up a slot, while Ruby Sightstone reduces cooldows of other activatable items. I guess this means that if you want to put on your carry pants, you combine your income item with sightstone and then build more "regular" items, while people who want to go full support with lots of item actives go for ruby sightstone.
Meanwhile, the yellow trinket immediately starts with 2 charges rather than one and pinks cost only 75, but you cannot buy green wards anymore at all. I would assume that this roughly translates into lower amounts of vision in high level play, but I am not sure... in low level play it might actually increase vision, as people who never buy wards will have more of them than they used to. What I find a bit sad is that there is no longer an upgrade for the yellow trinket that makes it pop out pink wards, so if you want lasting pinks at all, you need to buy them (and, more importantly, have a slot open to carry them). Maybe this would make smiting the chicken more important as well? Idk.

For game starts, starting gold has been increased and the costs of several typical starting items reduced, while potions are now more expensive and crystalline flask having been replaced by a much cheaper alternative that can, if desired, also be upgraded into bigger versions with specific effects that are still cheap enough to buy immediately before heading out to lane. Hmm...

Meanwhile, the Rift Herald could have been an attempt to shake up the adc+sup-bot meta... but then Rito intentionally puts in a bunch of mechanics that specifically makes fighting it with durable melee champs preferable to ranged ones. So much for "we don't want to enforce the meta".  :V

RIP Brutalizer and WB Executioner's Calling!
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #467 on: October 30, 2015, 08:25:18 PM »
You get more mana. You get more mana. Every one gets more mana.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #468 on: October 31, 2015, 05:31:13 AM »
I just want you guys to know that this was done with a drawing tablet in lieu of a mouse. It was also done in scrub-tier blind pick, but those are minor details. :V

Since I'm bringing up Quinn, I'm not sure how I feel about her coming changes. Nerfing her ult's offensive capabilities to capitalize on movement and utility would be great if it could still be used as an effective escape to get out of combat, but the channel time kills that possibility unless you're a master of jukes or something. And beyond that, removing her Q's blind and replacing it with an extra harrier marker kind of kills a bit of her utility in itself and puts her focus more on diving in hard with a Q as opposed to possibly denying CC, helping with escapes, etc. I suppose inevitably, with the major change in her ult, she would need an offensive boost somewhere, but is this the best way for them to capitalize on her character as a scout?  I think I'd have to actually try it before saying whether it's a change for the better or not, but I do like the concept they're going for. Thing is, they might want to nerf Ashe's capabilities in getting vision if they really want to make Quinn stand out.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #469 on: October 31, 2015, 05:40:58 AM »
I got way too excited about the mastery that lets you break the CDR cap.  (Full details: It's a third-tier cunning mastery that grants +1/2/3/4/5% CDR and increases the cap by the same amount).  Like nevermind those capstones, gimme dat 45% CDR.

You get more mana. You get more mana. Every one gets more mana.
Also homeguards.  Everyone gets Homeguards as a free passive after 20 minutes automatically.

There are so many item changes this is season... 3? preseason all over again except I think more massive

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #470 on: October 31, 2015, 07:30:28 AM »
Preaseason 3 was sheer item quantity clusterfuck, changes themselves were minor, there were just a lot of new items, but they were all pretty... standard.

Certainly nothing as clusterfucky as season 6 in terms of effects.

Also, I'm pretty sure they'll nerf the cdr passive, a lot of champions seem to be pretty oppressive with 45% cdr.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #472 on: October 31, 2015, 04:13:24 PM »
Spoiler:
SKT1 won, although they *did* finally drop a game. Big surprise.

« Reply #473 on: October 31, 2015, 04:51:57 PM »
Spoiler:
I facepalm ever time I see the kassadin pick. I can't say its worked out for any mid laner. Faker lost lane to fizz while on kass, and the game where KOO won it didn't make any amazing plays.
Not sure if the pros are just falling back to what they think is good b/c modern day kass sure isn't the rift walking 100 to 0 solo murder champ he once was.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:25:44 AM by Suikama »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #475 on: November 01, 2015, 03:08:11 AM »
Spoiler:
I facepalm ever time I see the kassadin pick. I can't say its worked out for any mid laner. Faker lost lane to fizz while on kass, and the game where KOO won it didn't make any amazing plays.
Not sure if the pros are just falling back to what they think is good b/c modern day kass sure isn't the rift walking 100 to 0 solo murder champ he once was.

He doesn't get that far as easily, that said, he can very easily become said monster if left unchecked. Kassadin is kinda like Mordekaiser and Gangplank in that sense - the game basically exists around him. If he's not kept down, he becomes a monster and can sweep the game by himself and become nigh unstoppable, if he is kept down though, he becomes fairly useless.

Spoiler:
This pressure is effectively what SKT was going for, if KOO focused their resources hard on keeping Faker down, then Marin could simply run with the game, that said, if they focused on Marin, Faker could just as easily run with the game. It also helps that Kassadin seems to have a fairly easy time against Lulu, which was a priority pick for both teams.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #476 on: November 01, 2015, 09:15:50 AM »
Hovering around low silver 1 in the slowest climb of all time. Win lanes, lose games. Just played a game where I got my jinx fed to fuck, but we lost because there was zero objective control and Nasus refused to fucking team fight even a single fucking time to go farm stacks. Every single time he would teleport right after everyone died, then die in a 1v4-5 , then their team (and their fed Irelia) would go unopposed to some objective. Zero push in any lane Nasus was in too. Took like 20 minutes to take mid tower because Annie has zero push either, but both bot towers were down before we got any other towers because we destroyed early game.

I CANT TANK ENTIRE TEAMS FOR VERY LONG NASUS

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #477 on: November 01, 2015, 08:30:30 PM »
oh shit doublelift

Yep; CLG finally realized the one constant in all their failures. Literally every other position has changed except Doublelift all this time.

http://clgaming.net/news/733

It specifically says they released Doublelift. And they did not make the decision lightly. And it was best for the team. In other words; they fired him.

And then TSM basically instantly picks him up.

The irony is that this happened when Doublelift had finally got something for his trophy case winning the NALCS.

This should be interesting. Especially since if CLG fired Doublelift I highly doubt they would do so without a replacement idea.

In before CLG Wildturtle.

I also find it weird that TSM picked up Doublelift; basically skipping their tryout thing they had set up; after the benching of Chaox. Especially when Doublelift was fired in part for:

'Those years were not without disagreements however, and over the course of time have created a heavy burden on the relationship between Doublelift and the organization.'

I dunno how TSM is going to handle Doublelift's Ego. Especially given Reginald tends to have a short fuse and his own ego.

I mean if they can actually work together than this is obviously a good thing. Especially if Doublelift regains form [Let's face it he's no longer the indisputable #1 ADC in NA and hasn't been for a while], since TSM won't be a one-threat team anymore. But there's also the idea in the back of my head that Reginald and Doublelift will not be able to gel together and this will crash and burn. I mean you are pretty much putting two of the biggest egos in NA League together; under one roof; and asking one to obey the other.

Either way; this should be interesting.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:40:02 PM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #478 on: November 02, 2015, 03:37:01 AM »
[Let's face it he's no longer the indisputable #1 ADC in NA and hasn't been for a while]

uh??? who is better from NA exactly?

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #479 on: November 02, 2015, 10:48:55 AM »
uh??? who is better from NA exactly?

Personally, I think Sneaky is #1, but dlift is a reaaaaaally close second.